Cardiff University Cardiff Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
Located in a thriving capital city - Cardiff in Wales, Cardiff University is one of Britain's leading research universities popular for producing high-quality, innovative research. The university also has a strong and broad research base and a world-leading research community including two Nobel Prize winners - Professor Sir Martin Evans and Professor Robert Huber. Cardiff University is a member of the prestigious Russell Group, a body consisting of 24 leading UK research-intensive universities.
Even with its relatively low cost of attendance, Cardiff university still offers scholarships to international students. It is first in the 2019 Natwest Student Living Index as the most cost-effective university city in the UK. Graduates of Cardiff are seen in prominent organizations like are Deloitte, ExxonMobil, Google, HSBC, IBM, KPMG, Siemens, sky news, etc.
Table of Contents
Cardiff University is ranked:
|The Times and Sunday Times University Guide||34||2021|
|The Complete University Guide||30||2021|
|Guardian University Guide||37||2021|
|QS World University Rankings||159||2021|
|Academic Ranking of World Universities||150-200||2020|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings||191||2021|
|Application cost||20/25 GBP|
|Average Cost of Attendance||32,000 GBP|
|Mode of Program||Full time, distance, and online|
|Graduate Job Rate||95.7%|
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|M.Sc Advanced Computer Science||$31,671|
|M.Sc Advanced Computer Science with Placement||$30,294|
|M.Sc Logistics and Operations Management||$28,974|
|M.Sc Strategic Marketing||$29,964|
|M.Eng Mechanical Engineering||$30,291|
|B.Sc Computer Science||$28,974|
|B.Sc Computer Science with a year in industry||$28,974|
|M.Sc Data Science and Analytics||$31,671|
|M.Sc Maritime Policy and Shipping Management||$30,291|
|M.Sc Computing with Placement||$30,294|
|M.Sc Financial Economics||$28,974|
|M.Sc Human Resource Management||$29,601|
- Cardiff University is housed on two large innovative campuses at Cathays Park and Heath Park.
- The Cathays Park campus is home to 22 out of 26 academic Schools, on-going £200m investment in state-of-the-art facilities, libraries, and other facilities.
- Presently there is a 600 million GBP development going on at Cardiff University to transform the campus into a 21st Century campus.
- Cardiff City is a nice place to study as it proudly bags the 2nd friendliest city in the UK and the top 5 most welcoming cities in the UK (Unbroken Britain).
- All full degree international students are guaranteed accommodation in the University residences for the duration of their studies.
- The annual cost of accommodation at Cardiff University is based on the choice of the residence hall and it ranges from 113 GBP – 156 GBP per week (4,158 GBP to 9,628 GBP per year).
- Accommodation is available for Welsh speakers, LGBT+, couples, disabled students, families.
- Room type include Studio, Shared bathroom, Ensuite, Car parking, 1 bedroom flat, 2 bedroom flat, and Ensuite / Shared bathroom.
- UG applications- Apply through the Universities and Colleges Admission (UCAS).
- PG applications- Apply through University’s online application system
Application Fees: 25 GBP by UCAS for the undergraduate application while Postgraduate application is free
Note: During the application process, some requirements may involve an interview, a test, or submission of a portfolio
- UG Courses: January 15th, for Medicine –October 15th
- PG Courses: Varies as per programs
General requirements: Official academic transcripts, official degree completion certificate, Letter of Recommendations
Additional requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy, personal statement, essay, and research proposal (for research programs).
English language test varies for the most program even though they are at the same level, minimum required English language test is presented on the table below
|Test||Undergraduate Score||Postgraduate Score|
|IELTS Academic||6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each session||6.5 with a 5.5 in each subskill or a GCSE in the Welsh language|
|TOEFL||90 overall with a minimum of 17 for listening, 17 for writing, 18 for speaking, and 20 for reading||90 overall with a minimum of 20 in each subskill|
|Trinity ISE II/III||II: Two merits and two Distinctions
III: A Pass in all components
|II: Two Distinctions and two Merits
III: A Pass in all the components
|PTE||62 overall with no less than 51 in all communicative skills||62 overall with a minimum of 51 in all communicative skills|
|Duolingo English Test||110||110|
Applicants should note the following:
- The minimum scores listed for the postgraduate programs are not accepted in all programs as some programs require higher tests scores
- Apart from the above-listed tests and scores, some other qualification and test can be used to satisfy the English language test requirements
- Applicants who cannot meet the English language requirements can enroll in any of the English language courses offered by Cardiff University
The estimated fees for the 2020/2021 academic session are presented in the table below.
|Fees||Undergraduate (GBP)||Postgraduate (GBP)|
|Tuition Fee||17,700 – 21,950||21,950 - 23,450|
|Rent (including bills)||5,320||6,920|
|Books and copying||400||500|
|Laundry and toiletries||225||420|
|Telephone/mobile and TV license||450||600|
|Total||27,700 – 31,950||35,110 – 36,610|
- There are several funding opportunities and financial aids available to international students at Cardiff University
- Scholarships offered by Cardiff University is focused on rewarding outstanding talent amongst international students
- Some of the scholarship offered by Cardiff is independent, while some are in conjunction with other organizations.
- The following scholarships are available at Cardiff University
- Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship for international undergraduates and postgraduate students worth 2,000 GBP
- Cardiff Business School India scholarships to outstanding Indian students pursuing a postgraduate degree in business worth 5,000 GBP
- Chevening Scholarships for postgraduates that covers the entire cost of attendance. This scholarship is available to citizens of developing countries
- Commonwealth Master's Scholarship Programme for international students from developing countries with various worth. This scholarship also covers all the costs of attendance.
- HESA Destinations of Leavers Survey 2016/17 reported that 95.7% of Cardiff graduates gain employment, engage in further study, or both shortly after graduating
- 78% of graduates obtain graduate-level employment
- To facilitate easy placements after graduation, Cardiff University offers:
- An online Jobs Board advertising hundreds of opportunities
- Careers Fairs, both general and sector-specific
- Employer events to enable graduates to understand the graduate labor market and network with industry contacts.
- Many graduates of Cardiff University work for reputable, international companies, starting in graduate-level positions. Examples of these organizations are Deloitte, ExxonMobil, Google, HSBC, IBM, KPMG, Siemens, sky news.
|Masters in Finance||£92,000|
FIND A PROGRAM
Medicine Admission Deadlines
UCAS Deadline Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #151 - #175
RANKED #101 - #125
RANKED #251 - #300
Computer Science (International)
RANKED #151 - #175
View More >>
QS World University
My mother was a pass out of this college and wanted me to continue to legacy her. So I decided to go to this college. I took a college tour and I was very impressed by looking at the University. I decided to take the admission so I registered through an online college portal with no application fee.
Course Curriculum :
The program was very interesting and knowledgeable. I am learning about various things which I never even heard about and are very interesting. I am learning marketing. And knowing how this is a central function for all the organisation. I also have different modules to suit the interest that I can choos
Cardiff university is a very beautiful university and going to the United Kingdom was one of my dreams. I always wanted to go there and study my favourite course. I worked hard for admission. So for admission, I registered through the University portal with no application fee.
Course Curriculum :
It was a 4-years long program and each year I learn different things which are helping me to excel in my field. I am getting knowledge and skills which are very useful for a pharmacist. I am learning about different diseases and drugs which are helpful for the disease to cure.
My parents both graduated from this college. So I also wanted to graduate from college. I searched about the college and I was very impressed by looking at the facilities, infrastructure and curriculum. So I decided to take admission. I applied to the college through an online portal with 20 £ admission fees.
Course Curriculum :
The course provides us exposure to important topics that are a part of technological trends. We are also provided opportunities to learn different skills and advance techniques to the areas of our choice. The course is very student-friendly.
My sister was studying in the university so my parents wanted to send me to the same university so I applied to the college. It was difficult to get admission there as it is a prestigious college. I applied through the online portal of college with the application fees of 20 £.
Course Curriculum :
We were assessed semester-based. In the first semester we were taught in a theoretical way and also we had to do research work in order to gain knowledge about real life problems. And in the second semester we were taught more about things we learned in first semester. We were being prepared for the best.
This university was suggested to me by my career counsellor. She recommended this college to me based on my interests and past academic records. I took a virtual tour of the university and applied to it using an online application fee with the fee of £20.
Course Curriculum :
The hardware and software engineering elements of the field are also discussed in this degree. We acquired a lot of practical knowledge during the course, and we have clear access to immersive computing resources.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary