Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- The standard entry requirement of this program is:
- SQA Highers: AAAA - AAAB (achievement by end of S5 preferred).
- BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S6 and A-Levels degree.
- IB: 37 points with 666 at HL - 34 points with 655 at HL.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- The student has graduated from senior secondary school or equivalent (those applying for a postgraduate program must have graduated from a university or college).
- Students completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 3.00 or 60% in the final years of the program.
- BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science at the University of Edinburgh is offered a program for a duration of 4 years.
- The University of Edinburgh is one of the world's top universities, consistently ranked in the world top 50, and placed 20th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- In this program, students will learn how information can be represented and processed in computer systems, as well as fundamental techniques to manage data and solve problems using computer programs.
- Also includes an individual honors project where students will learn to develop a viable project starting from a given topic in year 4.
- Students will have a variety of choices in selecting their projects.
- Lectures, tutorials, and classes held in Appleton Tower, which provides purpose-built facilities and dedicated learning and teaching spaces, all located in the University's Central Area.
- Students will have 24-hour access to computer laboratories and quality software support is available.
- The University of Edinburgh is known to be the sixth oldest university in Scotland.
- The university comprises five campuses, namely Central area, King's building, and BioQuarter, Western General, and Easter Bush.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:83.
- The average salary goes up to 41,280 USD after completing this program.
- The Employment rate of the University of Manchester is 94%.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 149384 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Term 1 (Deadline - Jan 15)|
|Admission Intake||Term 2 (Deadline - June 30)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|Term 1||Jan 15, 2022|
|Term 2||Jun 30, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Board||$ 11562|
QS World University 2020
Ranked #23 / 600
Computer Science and Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|The Global Study Awards||$ 12252||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Annually, more than 30,000 Indian students go to study in UK after going through a three-four week UK student visa process.
- Student’s acceptance of visa application is totally dependent upon their choice of program, maintenance of funding, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview sessions.
- UK Student Visa: Types
- Short-term study visa – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in 6-month Short Course in UK institution, Enrolling in 11-month English Language Course
- Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in courses longer than 6 months.
- Tier 4 student visa (child) – Applicants aged between 4 and 17 years.
- Documents Required:
- Details of passport
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire period of stay in the UK.
- Parents or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph
If students are studying a full-time program at the University of Edinburgh, the Tier 4 visa should allow them to work in the UK, students will be permitted to work:
- 20 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program at degree level and above.
- 10 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program below degree level.
- Full time during vacation periods and after students program end date (until the visa expires).
- On an integral and assessed work placement as part of studies.
- As a sabbatical officer in a Students’ Union for up to 2 years.
In this University, Tier 4 students cannot:
- Work as a self-employed person
- This includes freelancing and ‘gig-economy’ work, such as Deliveroo or Uber drivers
- Work as an entertainer or professional sportsperson or coach
- Take a full-time, permanent position
- Take a full-time internship or work placement during term time that is not an assessed and integral part of their studies
- Take part in Business Activity
It was ranked high for my degree and Scotland was a fun place to live. I chose computer science because I love coding.
Course Curriculum :
The course is mostly theoretical with good amount of coursework to gain some practical experience. The syllabus was updated year and stayed on course with modern industry standards. I had the opportunity of getting an internship with Amazon in summer 2022.
After completing my higher secondary, my brother recommended me to try in this college and fortunately I was selected and I decided to take admission here,as this is one of the best university in the world. I paid no application fee and apply through the undergraduate portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
I was taught the principles and mechanisms underlying intelligent processes in humans and other living organisms and attempts to apply such knowledge to the design of computer-based systems and the understanding of natural intelligence.