Master of Science [M.Sc] (Electrical Power Engineering)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants have a UK 2:1 honors degree, or its international equivalent, in informatics, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or another quantitative discipline.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission in this program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Or, completed a B.Sc (General) degree from a recognized institution.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- MSc in Electrical Power Engineering at the University of Edinburgh is offered a program for a duration of 1 year.
- The University of Edinburgh is one of the world's top universities, consistently ranked in the world top 50, and placed 20th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- This program is designed to immerse students in the most current developments in the field, through a combination of taught modules, workshops, a summer research dissertation, and a number of supporting activities delivered by experts.
- The main objective of the program is to train the next generation of electrical power engineers who:
- are aware of the most recent, cutting edge developments in power engineering.
- are able to tackle the global energy trilemma of supplying secure, equitable, and environmentally sustainable energy, appreciating the technical, social, and economic challenges faced in both developed and developing countries.
- have skills and training needed for both industrial and academic settings.
- This program has been accredited by the UK Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), one of the largest professional engineering bodies in the world.
- The courses correspond to 120 credits of taught material, plus 60 credits of a research project.
- The University of Edinburgh is known to be the sixth oldest university in Scotland.
- The university comprises five campuses, namely Central area, King's building, and BioQuarter, Western General, and Easter Bush.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:83.
- The average salary goes up to 41,280 USD after completing this program.
- The Employment rate of the University of Manchester is 94%.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 36314 for 1 yearor 120 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Mar 31)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|winter||Mar 31, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing and Food||$ 10320|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #86 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|British Council’s 70th Anniversary Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Jan 31, 2020|
|The Global Study Awards||$ 12252||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Annually, more than 30,000 Indian students go to study in UK after going through a three-four week UK student visa process.
- Student’s acceptance of visa application is totally dependent upon their choice of program, maintenance of funding, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview sessions.
- UK Student Visa: Types
- Short-term study visa – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in 6-month Short Course in UK institution, Enrolling in 11-month English Language Course
- Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in courses longer than 6 months.
- Tier 4 student visa (child) – Applicants aged between 4 and 17 years.
- Documents Required:
- Details of passport
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire period of stay in the UK.
- Parents or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph
If students are studying a full-time program at the University of Edinburgh, the Tier 4 visa should allow them to work in the UK, students will be permitted to work:
- 20 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program at degree level and above.
- 10 hours in any given week during term time if students are studying a full-time program below degree level.
- Full time during vacation periods and after students program end date (until the visa expires).
- On an integral and assessed work placement as part of studies.
- As a sabbatical officer in a Students’ Union for up to 2 years.
In this University, Tier 4 students cannot:
- Work as a self-employed person
- This includes freelancing and ‘gig-economy’ work, such as Deliveroo or Uber drivers
- Work as an entertainer or professional sportsperson or coach
- Take a full-time, permanent position
- Take a full-time internship or work placement during term time that is not an assessed and integral part of their studies
- Take part in Business Activity