Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Engineering sciences)
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students have to complete a science bachelor’s honors degree in computer science or a highly related discipline.
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or C1 Advanced – 191.
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) or C2 Proficiency – 191.
- Or, bachelor's (4-year, honors degree) or equivalent from a recognized degree-granting institution.
- GPA of at least 3.0/4.33 (B grade) in the last 2 years of study is required to be eligible for this program.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL and PTE to get admission to this program.
- Students do not require GRE or GMAT scores.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Or, completed graduation in B.Sc.(H) Computer Science or B.Sc. Applied Physical Sciences with Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Or, completed a B.Sc (General) degree from a recognized institution.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
- MEng in Engineering sciences at the University of Oxford is offered a program for a duration of 4 years.
- The University of Oxford also ranked 4th in QS World University Ranking 2020.
- The course is offered on a part-time basis.
- The Department of Engineering Science brings together the study of all branches of engineering at Oxford and it has a community of around 350 graduate students at any given time.
- In this program, the department has a substantial research portfolio, including much that is directly supported by industry.
- Study and research opportunities in the department include both conventional disciplines of engineering and newer areas of interest, such as information engineering, low-temperature engineering, nanotechnology, and experimental plasma physics.
- There are no barriers between different branches of engineering.
- The faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:11.
- The average salary goes up to 113,500 USD after completing this program.
- The Employment rate of the University of Oxford is 91%.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||141596 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Round 1 (Deadline - Jan 8)|
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate - The certificate provided by the education board after completion of the Higher secondary education.
- Statement of marks - The marks statement provided by the education board.
- Financial Documentation - The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Letter of Recommendation - This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose - This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV - This provides a summary of your experience and skills.
- English Language Requirement Scores like TOEFL, IELTS,..etc.
- Exam scores like GMAT, GRE are to be submitted.
|Round 1||Jan 8, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #2 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Felix Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Jan 30, 2021|
|Oxford Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Rhodes Scholarship||$20883||Yes||Aug 2, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
- Annually, more than 30,000 Indian students go to study in UK after going through a three-four week UK student visa process.
- Student’s acceptance of visa application is totally dependent upon their choice of program, maintenance of funding, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview session.
- UK Student Visa: Types
- Short-term study visa - Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in 6-month Short Course in UK institution, Enrolling in 11-month English Language Course
- Tier 4 student visa (General) - Applicants over 16 years of age, Enrolling in course longer than 6 months.
- Tier 4 student visa (child) - Applicants aged between 4 and 17 years.
- Documents Required:
- Details of passport
- Tuberculosis test results
- Criminal record certificate
- Proof of financial sufficiency that you have enough funds for your entire period of stay in the UK.
- Parents or legal guardian letters if you are under 18.
- Recent passport size photograph
- The Work-Study Program gives the student a chance to work On-campus if the student is a full-time student:
- The students can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus or on-campus during regular breaks.
- Main work visa options for non-EU students in the UK:
- Tier-2 (General) Visa options (for full time and part-time work)
- Tier 5 (Temporary Worker-Government Authorized Exchange) visa (for work experience or professional training)- It allows students to work in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months depending on the scheme applied for.
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa (for MBA and other UK graduates who have been identified by Higher Education Institutes in the UK after graduation to establish at least one business in the UK).
- Jobs for International students in the UK are possible only if they apply for Tier 1, 2, or 5 Visa post studies. There are some conditions, however, to be able to work in the UK-
- An international graduate must get paid at least $27,290 per year, if not, they may be asked to leave the country
- Find a job within four months after completion of the course