Updated On - May 18th 2018
Centre for Environment Planning and Technology (CEPT) is situated in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, established in the year 1962. The University comprises five faculties-the faculties of Architecture, the faculty of Planning, the faculty of Technology, the faculty of Design, the faculty of Management. CEPT and its various schools were established by the Ahmedabad Education Society with the support of the Government of Gujarat and the Government of India.
Know More About CEPT Application Process
CEPT University Highlights
Type of Institute
How to Reach
12 km from Ahmedabad Airport
7.6 km from Ahmedabad Railway station
6 km from Ahmedabad Bus Stand
CEPT University Courses and Admission
CEPT University UG Courses
- To be eligible for Bachelor of Architecture, the candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects with the minimum aggregate score of 50% marks from CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB. Scoring minimum required marks in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is mandatory to get admission.
- To be eligible for Bachelor of Urban Design, candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any stream with minimum aggregate score of 50% marks from CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB or candidate must have passed Diploma of any stream with 50% aggregate marks from UGC recognized college/university.
- To be eligible for Bachelor of Construction Technology and Bachelor of Interior Design, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with the minimum aggregate score of 50% marks from CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB.
CEPT University PG Courses
- To be eligible for Master of Architecture and Master of Landscape Architecture, the candidate must have passed B.Arch. or its equivalent from COA recognized institution with minimum 55% marks. Also, two years of experience is desirable.
- To be eligible for Master of Landscape Design, the candidate must hold Master’s degree in any of the disciplines of natural sciences. With this, the candidate must be done 4 years Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Interior Design or Planning from recognized universities. Candidate must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying degree and two years teaching experience along with computer drawing skills like CADD software are desirable.
- To be eligible for Master of Urban and Regional Planning, the candidate must have obtained Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Environmental Engineering/Civil Engineering/Planning/Law or Master’s degree in Economics/Geography/Sociology and other related fields.
- To be eligible for the M.Tech program, the candidate must have scored minimum 55% marks in Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. To seek admission in M.Tech in Geomatics, the candidate is required to meet the stated criteria with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- To be eligible for Master of Design (Furniture Design), International Master of Interior Architectural Design and Master of Habitat Management, the candidate must have done Bachelor with minimum required marks in the relevant field.
CEPT University Doctoral Programs
The university offers a doctorate degree in Architecture and Planning.
- To be eligible for Ph.D. in Architecture and Ph.D. in Planning, the candidate must have obtained professional Master’s or equivalent degree in relevant field or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Planning with teaching or research experience.
Know More About Courses and Fees
CEPT University Scholarship
CEPT University provides scholarships and has tuition fee waiver schemes to aid students to continue their studies. It helps financially weak students by providing scholarships and also has special schemes for reserved categories.
CEPT University Other Facilities
Library- The university provides more than 46000 resources to widen their horizon of knowledge. These resources include books, journals, theses, report of students etc. The library has more than 150 national and international periodicals.
Workshops- CEPT aims at achieving excellence by supporting learning through experimentation. The main focus of CEPT workshop is to deepen the culture of ‘Learning by Making.’
SSO- Student Services Office provides academic, financial, medical and other support services to its students.