Centre for Environment Planning and Technology (CEPT) is situated in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, established in the year 1962. CEPT and its various schools were established by the Ahmedabad Education Society with the support of the Government of Gujarat and the Government of India.
CEPT University puts emphasis on understanding, designing, planning, constructing and managing human habitats. The faculty prepares its students to build thoughtful professionals and its research programs deepen understanding of human settlements. CEPT constantly works in enriching the lives of people living in in India's villages, towns and cities through its education, research and advisory activities. It undertakes advisory projects to further the goal of making habitats more liveable. CEPT Admissions are based either on entrance like NATA or on merit.
The University comprises five faculties:
CEPT Ahmedabad Courses
CEPT offers various UG, PG and M.Phil & Ph.D. courses in the faculties of Management, Design, Architecture, Planning and Technology. Application form for all the courses can be filled online by visiting the official website of CEPT University.
CEPT University UG Courses
- To be eligible for Bachelor of Architecture, the candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects with the minimum aggregate score of 50% marks from CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB. Scoring minimum required marks in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is mandatory to get admission.
- To be eligible for Bachelor of Urban Design, candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any stream with minimum aggregate score of 50% marks from CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB or candidate must have passed Diploma of any stream with 50% aggregate marks from UGC recognized college/university.
- To be eligible for Bachelor of Construction Technology and Bachelor of Interior Design, the candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with the minimum aggregate score of 50% marks from CBSE/CISCE/NIOS/ISB/IB.
CEPT University PG Courses
- To be eligible for Master of Architecture and Master of Landscape Architecture, the candidate must have passed B.Arch. or its equivalent from COA recognized institution with minimum 55% marks. Also, two years of experience is desirable.
- To be eligible for Master of Landscape Design, the candidate must hold a Master’s degree in any of the disciplines of natural sciences. With this, the candidate must be done 4 years Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Interior Design or Planning from recognized universities. Candidate must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying degree and two years teaching experience along with computer drawing skills like CADD software are desirable.
- To be eligible for Master of Urban and Regional Planning, the candidate must have obtained Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Environmental Engineering/Civil Engineering/Planning/Law or Master’s degree in Economics/Geography/Sociology and other related fields.
- To be eligible for the M.Tech program, the candidate must have scored minimum 55% marks in Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. To seek admission in M.Tech in Geomatics, the candidate is required to meet the stated criteria with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
- To be eligible for Master of Design (Furniture Design), International Master of Interior Architectural Design and Master of Habitat Management, the candidate must have done Bachelor with minimum required marks in the relevant field.
Read more: CEPT University Fees
CEPT University Doctoral Programs
The university offers a doctorate degree in Architecture and Planning.
To be eligible for Ph.D. in Architecture and Ph.D. in Planning, the candidate must have obtained professional Master’s or equivalent degree in relevant field or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Planning with teaching or research experience.
CEPT University Scholarship
CEPT University provides scholarships and has tuition fee waiver schemes to aid students to continue their studies. It helps financially weak students by providing scholarships and also has special schemes for reserved categories.
CEPT University Other Facilities
Library- The university provides more than 46000 resources to widen their horizon of knowledge. These resources include books, journals, theses, report of students etc. The library has more than 150 national and international periodicals.
Workshops- CEPT aims at achieving excellence by supporting learning through experimentation. The main focus of CEPT workshop is to deepen the culture of ‘Learning by Making.’
SSO- Student Services Office provides academic, financial, medical and other support services to its students.