CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Application from (Available), Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
CEPT Entrance Exam is conducted by CEPT University for admission to 3 years’ Bachelor Degree Programme (UG) and 2 years’ Master Degree Programme (PG) in Interior Design, Urban Design and Management, Architecture, Design and Construction Technology, etc. This year, CEPT 2019 for PG Program is scheduled for April 5, 6 and 7, 2019 in offline mode.
Latest: Candidate can fill the application form for PG Course till March 15, 2019. Apply Now
- Candidate, who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria can fill the application form. Check Here CEPT Eligibility
- Duration of the exam is 3 Hours.
- Test Papers for UG and PG Courses consist of Objective type multiple-choice questions, Design & Drawing, and Descriptive Answer Questions. Read More CEPT Exam Pattern
- Result will be declared in April 2019 (for PG) and in July 2019 (for UG) on official website of CEPT University.
- Candidates shortlisted in written test will qualify for another selection round i.e. Personal Interview
- After completion of Personal Interview, a final result will be generated and CEPT University invites finally shortlisted candidate for counselling and admission process.
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Highlights
|Conducting Body||CEPT University, Ahmadabad (Gujarat)|
|Mode of CEPT Entrance Exam||Offline Pen Paper Based Test|
|Medium of CEPT Entrance Exam||English|
|Duration of CEPT Entrance Exam||03 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
Descriptive Question Numbers are distinct in every test paper
|Course Offered||Bachelor Course in Design & Planning|
(BID, BUD, & BCT) PG Programme in various streams
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
Several events take place in a sequence under the admission process. Important dates for some events are as follows:
|Event||Date (For PG)||Date (For UG)|
|CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form Availability||January 15, 2019||June 2019|
|Last date of Submission of CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form||March 15, 2019||2nd week of July 2019|
|CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card Availability||March 2019||2nd week of July 2019|
|CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Exam||April 5, 6, and 7, 2019||3rd & 4th week of July 2019|
|Declaration of Result for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019||April 2019||July 2019 the next day of CEPT exam|
|Personal Interview Round Starts||April 2019||4th week of July 2019|
|Announcement of final list of candidates for admission||April 2019||July or Aug 2019|
|Counselling & Payment of Fee||May 2019||August 2019|
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility
Eligibility for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 is based on academic qualification, minimum secured marks in qualifying exam as given below herewith:
|Programme||Qualifying Exam||Minimum Marks|
|Bachelor of Interior Design||10 + 2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer as optional subject||Aggregate 50%|
(45% for SC / ST / SEBC candidate)
|Bachelor of Urban Design||10 + 2 with any streams (Science, Commerce and Arts / Humanities) OR Diploma (10+3 pattern) of any stream|
|Bachelor of Construction Technology||10 + 2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer as optional subject|
|Master of Urban Mgmt||Graduation in Any Stream||Aggregate 55%|
(50% for SC / ST / SEBC candidate)
|Master of Design||Graduation in Design or Architecture or Interior Design, Construction Technology or Diploma in Interior Design (12+4)|
|Master of Landscape Architecture||Graduation in Architecture from Institute recognised by Council of Architecture|
|Master of Landscape Design||Master’s degree in any of the disciplines like Botany, Ecology, Horticulture, Geography, Agriculture, Forestry, Geology, Hydrology or similar natural sciences.|
B.Tech / B.E. in Civil Engineering, Interior Design or Planning from recognized Universities
|Master of Technology in - Construction Engineering and Management||Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering / Construction Technology / Environmental Engineering|
|Master of Technology in - Structural Engineering Design|
|Master of Technology in Geomatics||Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering / Computer Engineering / Environmental Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Information Technology / Water Resources / Agriculture / Planning OR Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Basic Science / Earth Science / Climate Science / Environment Science / Information Technology / Disaster Management / Geography Applicant must have cleared XII Examination in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.|
|Master of Technology in Building Energy Performance||Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Environmental Engineering / Construction Technology / Architecture / Interior Design or Interior Architecture (five-year programs only) from a recognized university/institution.|
Applicant must have cleared XII Examination in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form
Availability of UG Form: June 2019
Availability of PG Form: January 15, 2019 to March 15, 2019
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form will be made available only through online mode. It is advised to applicant to go through thoroughly from eligibility criteria prescribed for concerned course.
Application fee is INR 500 for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019
Steps for Filing up Application Form for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019
Step 1: Registration through www.cept.ac.in / www.admissions.cept.ac.in
Step 2: Filling in Application Form
Step 3: Upload Documents
Step 4: Make Payment
Step 5: Submit Application Form
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card will be made available only through online mode.
- Official website of CEPT University for downloading Admit Card is www.cept.ac.in / www.admissions.cept.ac.in
- Keep one Photo ID Proof in original form with Admit Card during for verification purpose e.g. PAN Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, School Id Card etc.
- Without Admit Card CEPT Exam center is not allowed therefore it is mandatory to keep admit card for CEPT 2019 Exam
Steps to Download CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card
- Go to the official website of CEPT.
- Look for Admit Card for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019
- Click on the link for admit card
- A login form will appear here
- Enter Register ID and Password and Click on Download Admit Card
- Admit Card will be on Screen
- Save it and Download it
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Center
CEPT University conducts entrance exam for all courses in its own campus at Ahmadabad (Gujarat).
Address of CEPT University is as follows:
Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus
University Road, Navrangpura
Ahmedabad-380009 Gujarat India
For Admission Enquiries - Toll Free Number 1800-270-4030
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam Date for UG Course: July 2019
Exam Date for UG Course: April 5, 6 and 7, 2019
- CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 is an offline Pen Paper Based Test, duration of which is 03 hours.
- Questions will be of Objective type, Drawing and Design, and Descriptive Answer Questions.
- Number of questions in each section are not fixed and similar
- Negative marking scheme is not applicable
Refer below given Highlights Table:
|Exam Mode||Offline Pen Paper Based Test|
|Number of Papers||One (01) Paper|
|Number of Sections||Differs accordingly Course|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type - Multiple choice questions Drawing and Sketching and Descriptive Answer Questions|
|Exam Duration||03 Hours total|
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Syllabus
- Syllabus for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 is different for each course considering the required skills and knowledge for the particular course
- Standard of Mathematics Questions will be as per the syllabus of Class 12th
- Standard of English Questions will be as per the syllabus of Class 10th
- For master’s courses, candidates will be asked questions from subjects and topics studied in bachelor’s course.
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Result
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Result will be announced on official website i.e. www.cept.ac.in/www.admissions.cept.ac.in
Steps to check result for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019
- Go to the official website
- Look for CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Result on Home Page
- Click on Link for Result
- Login with Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Result will be on screen
- Every candidate who passes in CEPT written exam, will be eligible for next round of selection i.e. Personal Interview / Group Discussion
- After Personal Interview, Final Result will be announced and a cutoff will be declared
- Selected candidate will have to submit admission fee and required documents on or before date prescribed for admission
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Merit List
The admission is based on the Rank / merit obtained in competitive testing rounds, which include marks secured in CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 and Personal Interview and Aggregate marks secured in qualifying exam
- Seats will be allotted to candidates who have achieved higher rank in merit list regardless their category
- A separate Merit list will be prepared for Gujarat Domicile and Non-Gujarat Domicile candidates
- Merit list will be announced online.
Merit List Preparation
|Name of Course||Weightage of Parameters for Preparing Merit List|
|CEPT Exam||Marks in Qualifying Exam||Personal Interview||Work Experience||Statement of Purpose / Portfolio / Recommendation Letter|
|Bachelor of Design||70%||30%||-||-||-|
|Bachelor of Urban Design||60%||20%||20%||-||-|
|Bachelor of Construction Technology||60%||40%||-||-||-|
|Master of Technology in Building Energy Performance Course||33%||34%||33%||-||-|
|Master of Technology in Geomatics||40%||20%||30%||10%||-|
|Master of Technology in Construction Engineering and Management||40%||20%||30%||10%||-|
|Master of Technology in Structural Engineering Design||40%||20%||30%||10%||-|
|Master of Landscape Design||30%||10%||20%||10%||30%|
(5% + 20% + 5% respectively)
|Master of Landscape Architecture||30%||10%||20%||10%||30%|
(5% + 20% + 5% respectively)
CEPT Entrance Exam 2019 Counselling
Candidate will have to carry Original Academic documents, Proof of Category, CEPT Entrance Exam Admit Card etc.
- Candidates, who achieved higher ranks in merit list, get first chance for reserve seats.
- After declaration of result, shortlisted candidates will be informed to deposit course registration fee.
- Counselling schedule, venue, admission fee amount, mode of payment all information will be mentioned on official website of CEPT University
- Detailed information about courses and their scope will be described during counselling
- After counselling, seat will have to be reserved by depositing admission fee, original documents with admission form, and other charges within stipulated time.
- Admission will be finalised after reporting by candidate to counselling, and submission of admission fee.
- If candidate fails to submit admission fee within the stipulated time, admission will be cancelled and seat will be made available to subsequent rank holder in waiting list.
- No change in course / campus will be possible in case a candidate has been successfully admitted to any course after counselling process and seat is reserved by the candidate.
- Candidates can withdraw from admission within a time limit. Fee paid for registration and hostel is reimbursed after deducting some amount against admission processing charges
Documents Required During Counselling: (In original Form)
(As relevant in individual cases)
- Filled in Admission form
- Score Card and Admit Card of CEPT Entrance Exam 2019
- Admission Fee in Cash or DD
- Mark sheets and pass certificate of H.S.C / S.S.C. / Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSC as the case may be.
- Identity Proof as Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / or School ID issued by competent authority Consent of Parents / Legal Guardian for admission in prescribed format
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Domicile Certificate
- Affidavit if there has been any gap in academic stating the reason behind it
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended if required
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Form
In case candidate fails in submitting above mentioned documents during counselling session or within the stipulated time, admission will be cancelled.
For details about different prescribed formats and forms, please refer to Information Brochure.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College