Pondicherry University has three campuses with the main campus located at Puducherry. The university offers Postgraduate and Doctoral courses in the Faculty of Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering Technology, Fine Arts, Law, Management, and Medicine. Pondicherry University also offers Integrated, Diploma, PG Diploma & Certificate Add-On Courses. Pondicherry University MBA Admission is done on the basis of the CAT Score or university exam. For M.Tech (Computational Biology), the selection is done on the basis of the Common Entrance Examination conducted by Pondicherry University in collaboration with Anna University with a total intake of 15 per university. The allotment for Common Entrance Examination will be done on the basis of merit and choice of institution furnished by the candidate. For admission to M.Sc. (Biotechnology), candidates have to appear for JNU CEEB for which the total intake of students is 23. JNU CEEB also known as the ‘Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination’ is conducted in the month of December for which the application starts in the month of September. Candidates can apply online through the official website of JNU.
- Pondicherry University has opened a special drive for filling the vacant seats of MA English. Candidates can upload and verify the documents on the website by January 16, 2021. The selected candidates will then be notified via mail by January 18, 2021. The online fee portal for fee submission will be open on January 19, 2021.
- The university opened a special drive for filling the vacant seats of Mtech Computational Biology. Candidates can upload and verify the documents on the website by January 10, 2021.
- The university opened a special drive for filling the vacant seats of MSc Biotechnology. Candidates can upload and verify the documents on the website by January 6, 2021. The selected candidates will then be notified via mail by January 7, 2021.
- The university released a list of selected candidates for M.Sc. (Computer Science) open admissions for OBC and SC categories. Online counseling will be conducted on December 31, 2020.
- The university is inviting applicants for MBA programs. The last date to apply for M.B.A.(Business Administration),(Data Analytics) (SF Mode) Programme is December 18, 2020; M.B.A.(Tourism & Travel Management) is December 24, 2020; M.B.A.(Business Administration) Karaikal Campus is December 28, 2020.
- Pondicherry University has released its notification for Filling of Vacant Seats for M.Sc. Biotechnology (GAT-B). Candidates with their names in the list would be eligible for admission on the basis of the merit of their GAT-B Score. Interested students must send their relevant documents for verification latest by December 1, 2020. The selected students will be intimated via mail by December 2, 2020. Check More
Pondicherry University Admission Dates
|Last date for document upload and verification for MA English||January 16, 2021|
|Online fee submission for MA English||January 19, 2021|
|Last date to upload documents for M.Tech Computational Biology||January 10, 2021|
|Last date to upload documents for MSc Biotechnology||January 6, 2021|
|Online counselling for M.Sc. (Computer Science) open admissions||December 31, 2020|
|Last date to apply for M.B.A.(Business Administration),(Data Analytics) (SF Mode)||December 18, 2020|
|Last date to apply for M.B.A.(Tourism & Travel Management)||December 24, 2020|
|Last date to apply for M.B.A.(Business Administration) Karaikal Campus||December 28, 2020|
- For M.P.Ed., the selection is done on the basis of the Pondicherry University Entrance Examination followed by the Physical Fitness Test.
- Ph.D. program is offered in 48 specializations for which selection is done on the basis of Entrance Examination with 70% weightage, Personal Interview & Academic Record with 30% combined weightage.
- This university also imparts education through distance learning. For further information visit Pondicherry University DDE Admission.
Candidates can apply through the Online Admission Portal of the university. The application process starts in the month of March every year and candidates can apply till the last week of April. The university conducts its own Entrance Examination in the month of May. The Result is declared in the first week of June followed by a counseling schedule which starts from the last week of June every year.
Pondicherry University Distance Education offers MA, M.Com, and MBA programs in various disciplines. Admission to all the courses is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Admission is offered twice a year in December – February, and May – July.
Pondicherry University Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of the Institute||Pondicherry University|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Basic Admission criteria||Entrance exam|