Collegedunia $1000 Student Essay Scholarship
The USA witnessed more than a million international students pouring in consecutively for the third time in 2018. These international students spend an average of $33,215 annually while studying in the US.
Since education in the United States is said to be the costliest, Collegedunia has launched ‘$1000 Student Essay’ Scholarship for students who aspire to gain an extensive education from Ivy League colleges in the US.
Key Details of $1000 Essay Scholarship
|Start of Application Process||August 15, 2019|
|End of Application Process||December 20, 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Enrolled in undergraduate/postgraduate course in the reputed US educational institute|
|Declaration of Result||December 31, 2019|
More than half of Indian students studying abroad enroll themselves in the USA educational institutions. In the year 2016-17, India constituted 17% (1,86,000) of total international student population. Hence, all you need to do for $1000 Scholarship is, meet the eligibility criteria, write an essay as per the guidelines and wait for the selection process to conclude.
There are a decent number of options that you can opt to get a waiver in your tuition fee. The best of them is Scholarships. The scholarship is the waiver in tuition fee of meritorious students and it doesn’t depend on the financial need of the students.
Eligibility Criteria for $1000 Essay Scholarship
The scholarship is available to all students who plan to pursue higher education in the United States.
- Student should be an Indian Citizen
- Should be 18 years or older at the time of enrollment
- Should be enrolled in an approved undergraduate/postgraduate course in the reputed US educational institute
- Should submit a non-plagiarised, original essay including the following points:
- Why do you want to study in the US?
- Why do you need this scholarship?
- How will it benefit you?
- How are you better than other applicants?
How to Apply for $1000 Essay Scholarship
Applying for Collegedunia $1000 Essay Scholarship is quite easy. All you need to do is fill the scholarship form thoroughly and write a minimum 200-word essay on “Why do you need this scholarship?” The entries will be accepted from August 15, 2019.
- The application is in online mode only. Hence, no offline forms are available.
- Personal details such as name, contact information, education qualification, background details are a must fill
- A short original essay has to be written on the topic given by Collegedunia.com. It will be the main criteria for selection.
- The word limit should not exceed more than 600 words and should not be less than 200 words
- Your write up should be up to the mark with correct spellings, correct punctuation and grammar, and a proper sentence formation.
- There will be no provision to edit/change your answer once it is submitted.
- If the write up is found to be obscene, pornographic, libelous, targeting religious sentiments or otherwise objectionable will stand disqualified
- Once you are done with your write up, proof-read it and enter submit.
Prizes of $1000 Essay Scholarship
As the name suggests, qualifying student will get scholarship of $1000 for studying in the United States.
- Only one winner will be selected to win the scholarship prize
- It will be payable directly to Institute you are enrolled in
- The amount will be released once the student has enrolled in an higher educational Institute and submits the proof
- Proof must be submitted before or latest by December 2019
- It is only cash scholarship and no cash equivalent prize will be awarded
- Student cannot assign or transfer the scholarship prize without discretion of the sponsor
- Sponsorship prize will be awarded with full regards to official rules and post verfication of the applicant.
- Tax from the scholarship prize will be deducted as per Section 194B of the Income Tax Act
Selection Criteria for $1000 Essay Scholarship
The prior criteria of selection is that an applicant must meet the eligibility criteria set by the sponsor.
- Student must have completed 10+2
- Must have submitted the application form and essay by the given deadline
- The write up should adhere to the word limit
- It should be an original, non-plagiarised piece
- The criteria on which the essay will be judged is
- Inclusion of all asked details
- Sentence Formation
- Creative Bent
- How aptly you can answer the question
- How crisp and convincing the write up is
- If the write up is found to be incomplete or doesn’t meet the mentioned criteria, it will not be considered for the scholarship prize
- If the winner fails to provide with required documents to prove the admission, he or she shall be disqualified. In such a case, the next highest scorer will be offered the scholarship prize
- Selection of the write up solely depends on the sponsor. The decision taken will be final and binding
Terms and Conditions for $1000 Essay Scholarship
Collegedunia’s Essay Scholarship rewards one student with $1000 for his/ her studies in the United States. It comes with the conditions that every student needs to abide by.
- Scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- The prize money will be directly transferred to the institute in the US
- Applicant must fill all the details that are required. Any form with incomplete information will be considered disqualified
- Your write up must be written in English only
- The applicant can submit only one application form. Ensure it is your final write up
- Applicants entering just information is not considered proof of delivery or submission of the form
- The applications, once submitted, are property of the sponsor and will not be returned
- If the scholarship prize winner fails to provide identity proof, submit any required document or otherwise doesn’t meet eligibility criteria, will be considered disqualified
- The sponsor will not be liable for any injuries, losses or damages occurred in the process of application form submission
- Taxes on scholarship prize stands as scholarship prize recipient's responsibility.
- Taxes will be deducted as per Section 194B of the Income Tax Act
- The submission of application form marks that the applicant, unconditionally, accept and agree to all official rules set by the sponsor
- The decision of the sponsor will be final and binding
Getting a scholarship has never been this easy. Just bring your creative self to work and send us an easy essay on why you wish to avail this scholarship. Make sure you read the conditions thoroughly.