University of Utah is a public university located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The university was established in 1850 and is categorised among R-1, Doctoral universities – Highest Research Activity with “selective” admissions.
The university offers more than 100 undergraduate courses along with more than 92 graduate courses. The most popular majors of the university are:-
- Communication and media studies
- Biological sciences
- Registered nursing
Why Choose University of Utah?
- The university had an endowment of $1.08 billion in 2016.
- The university had spent more than $518 million on research and developmemt.
- The athletic team of the university has participated in NCAA division 1 as a member of PAC-12 conference.
- Honors College of the university has been reviewed among 50 leading national honors colleges in the U.S.
- The alumni of the university include 22 Rhodes scholars, four Nobel Prize winners, two Turing award winners and eight Macarthur Fellows.
- The campus includes a research park and Fort Douglas
University of Utah Programs, Faculty and Divisions
The University of Utah offers more than 200 courses through 17 institutions. Some of the colleges are:-
- David Eccles School of Business
- College of Architecture and planning
- School of dentistry
- S.J Quinney college of law
- College of fine arts
- School for cultural and social transformation
University of Utah Campus and Residence
University of Utah is spread across 1534 acres in the urban environment. The campus includes a research park and Fort Douglas.
14% of all students (around 400) can be accommodated in the campus housing. More than 33 different types of housing facilities are available for students. Accommodation is not guaranteed to undergraduate students.
University of Utah Admission process
Pre-requisites for admission into University of Utah
- Letter of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Test Scores: SAT/ ACT for undergraduate students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test scores: TOEFL/ PTE/ IELTS
- Statement of purpose
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for.
- Candidates can apply directly through online application portal on official website.
- Both undergraduates and graduates can apply though the same link
- Admission deadline is 1st April
- Application fee is $55 for both undergraduate and graduate students.
University of Utah Cost of Attendance
The average estimated cost of attendance at the university has been tabulated below:-
|Cost of attendance||$42,856|
|Room and board||$9,867|
|Books and supplies||$1,232|
University of Utah Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial aids
- The University of Utah offers both need based and merit based scholarships.
- 89% of students receive need based scholarships of average amount of $7,754
- 13.4% of students receive merit based scholarships.
- The university offers annual scholarships of $43,763 on an average.
University of Utah Alumni Network
The University of Utah has representation in over 100 countries across the world and the alumni network consists of Pulitzer Award winners, Gates Cambridge Scholars, Churchill Scholars as well as astronauts.
These alumni enjoy the following benefits offered by the University of Utah –
- Multiple campus discounts
- Subscription to magazines
- Access to fitness center of the campus
Some of the notable alumni of the University of Utah are:-
- Wallace Bennett- U.S senator
- Jon Huntsman Jr.- Governor of Utah
- Mathew Davis- Actor
- Laura Chukanov- Miss Utah USA
- Holly Rowe- Reporter ESPN