San Jose State University (SJSU) is a public university located in San Jose, California, Silicon Valley. It was established in 1857, is also the founding campus of California State University. The SJSU has an alumni network of more than 226,000 out of which 60% live in California.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- SJSU offers around 145 undergraduate and master’s programs under 8 colleges. Some of the popular majors are – Business, Marketing, Engineering, Performing Arts, Computer and Information Sciences, etc.
- On a 154 acre campus of SJSU, the housing facilities are offered to students which includes apartments, residential halls and campus village that can accommodate around 7,600 students. There is a mandatory fee of 50 USD for housing application, and 600 USD for initial housing payment.
San Jose State University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts; SOP; LOR|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/PTE|
|Application fee||USD 55|
|Intake Season||Spring – November 1; Fall – March 1|
How to Apply - To apply for admission to the university, for:
- Undergraduate and Graduate Programs: Apply through the online portal of The California State University, at https://www2.calstate.edu/apply also called Cal State Apply.
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and Fee||16,345 USD|
|Room and Board||14,107 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,899 USD|
|Other Expenses||2,855 USD|
- SJSU offers financial aid of more than 425 million USD to students each year, who are eligible.
- Financial aids are offered in the form of grants, loans and scholarships to students, to pursue their degrees at SJSU.
- The acceptance rate for admission into SJSU is 55%.