University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is a public research university located in the twin cities of Urbana and Champaign, Illinois, United States. Established in 1867, it is categorized as a Doctoral Research University with high research activity and has the largest public university library in the world.
|Annual Endowment||3.46 billion USD|
|Student Retention Rate||94%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||50%|
|Annual cost of Attendance||47,336 USD|
Programs, Campus & Residence
- The university has 15 schools and colleges offering 150 undergraduate, and more than 100 graduate and doctoral programs.
- The most popular majors are - Engineering; Business, Management, Marketing; Social Sciences; Communication, Journalism; and Agriculture, Agriculture Operations.
- The university has a campus of 6,370 acres with a capacity to accommodate 8,550 students in 24 residence halls on-campus.
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Application Fee||UG programs - USD 75; graduate – USD 90.|
|Intake Season||Early decision – November 1; Regular decision – January 5|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for both the UG and the graduate programs must be filled on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||31,988|
|Room and Board||11,308|
|Books and Supplies||1,200|
- The university provides 44% students with some form of financial aid
- The average annual need-based scholarships offered by university is of USD 14,934.
More than 425,000 alumni associated with the university are offered benefits like travel programs, university resources, career services store discounts and much more.