Simon Business School 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
The Simon Business School is one of the top graduate business schools in the world, offering admissions into Full-time MBA, Professional MBA, Executive MBA, MS and Ph.D. programs.
- The Simon Business School accepts only Fall entry term for the full-time MBA and MS programs.
- The school has a class of approximately 150 full-time MBA students, 250 MS students and 40 executive MBA students.
- They take a holistic assessment of the application and consider academic history, professional experience, leadership skills, and community involvement for accepting admission.
- All programs have application deadlines, yet Simon reviews applications on a rolling basis.
- Scholarships are always available, though students are recommended to apply for it as early as possible to increase chances for scholarship consideration.
- Every year, the school provides nearly $5 million for scholarships and fellowships. Eight out of ten full-time MBA students receive significant merit-based awards.
|Application Portal||Online Portal|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||Varies|
|Minimum GMAT/GRE||No Minimum Scores|
|Mode of Payment||Master-Card/ American Express/Discover/visa|
|Academic Calendar||Year based|
Simon Business School Admission Deadline
All domestic and international students can apply for all the application rounds at Simon Business School. The applications at Simon Business School are reviewed on a rolling basis, but all international applicants are suggested to complete their admission application during the initial or early rounds to ensure that the student is able to complete the admissions on time and is able to travel to the USA.
|Full-Time MBA and MS Programs||October 15
|Executive MBA||Early Decision- April 15
Final Deadline- July 1
|Professional/ Part-time MBA||Fall- July 1
Spring- December 1
Simon Business School International Student Admissions
Simon Business School accepts international applicants, with academic excellence, completed graduate or undergraduate degree, fulfilled the minimum grade point equivalency, provide required official academic records, meet the appropriate deadlines, and verified financial support, etc.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants whose native language is not English, are required to present TOEFL/IELTS scores to demonstrate English proficiency. The minimum required scores are:
Visa Process for International Students
International incoming students are required to apply for a valid student visa to study in the USA. They must submit proof of finances required to prove the availability of resources to cover the expenses in the USA. Students are also required to request the I-20 form from the International Services Office to be able to apply for a visa.
International students get an F-1 visa to USA. They can visit the US Embassy to enquire about the visa details and process involved to get an F-1 student visa. The visa process for admitted international students will include:
- Requesting of I-20 document from ISO
- Reviewing the form(s) for accuracy.
- Payment of the I-901 SEVIS fee online
- Appear for an interview with the U.S. Consulate.
- Travel to U.S. & gain admission at Port of Entry.
- Report to ISO for Immigration Check-In.
Students should complete and attach the following documents for a visa application:
- Copy of passport identification page
- Bank documents as proof of financial support
- Proof of payment of SEVIS-fee and visa application fee
- Passport size photographs
- Admission letter from the school
Simon Business School Graduate Admissions
Simon Business School offers full-time and part-time programs to students. The school provides master’s programs in Accountancy, Business Analytics, Finance, and Marketing Analytics. The school also offers full-time MBA, part-time MBA, and executive MBA along with a part-time program in Medical Management.
Application Portal- Simon Business School online application
Application Fee- Required
Admission Requirements- The admission requirements for the programs include:
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/ university. Professional MBA program requires a student to atleast have a masters degree to be eligible for admission
- Applicant’s interesting fact (25-word limit)
- Official academic transcripts
- GMAT or GRE- During the exam, students must choose University of Rochester- Simon Business School
- 2 professional recommendation
- English language proficiency scores
- Any additional requirements for programs
Program-specific requirements are mentioned in the below table:
|Requirements||Full-Time MBA||MS||Executive MBA||Professional/ Part-time MBA|
|Application Fee||$ 90||$ 90||$ 150||$ 150|
|Essay||1 (250-500 words)||1 (250-500 words)||3 (500 words)||2 (500 words)|
|Recommendations||2||2||2||1 Required; 1 Optional|
|English Proficiency Scores||Required||Required||Required||Required|
|Admission Interview||InitialView Interview (Strongly Recommended)||InitialView Interview (Strongly Recommended)||Personal interview (Required)||Personal Interview (Required)|
|Additional Requirements||Writing Sample (Strongly Recommended); Applicant Interesting Fact (50 words)||Writing Sample (Strongly Recommended); Applicant Interesting Fact (50 words)||-||-|
The student body in the Simon Business School representing about 130 nations is the most diverse among any other business school. All students are advised to complete their admission application early with all the required documents.