Foisie Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Robert A. Foisie Business School is a part of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute established in 1865. It is a private institute, known for its collaboration with international technology based organizations with more than 50 worldwide project centres. FBS has incorporated STEM into its business curriculum as well. Located in Worcester, Massachusetts, the location offers 1,200 acres of Parkland. FBS offers undergraduate, graduate and research courses in Business coupled with technological concentrations like MS in System Dynamics and Innovation Management.
- Ranked 25 on 'Best Online MBA Programs' list in the country by US News and World Report, 2019.
- Ranked 5 for 'Best Career Services in New England' by Princeton Review, 2019.
- Ranked 30 on Princeton Review's 'Best Value Colleges in New England' list, 2019.
- Ranked 1 on 'Institutions That Best Combine Research and Teaching' list, by Wall Street Journal, 2016.
|University Type||Private University|
|No. of Campuses||1|
|No. of Residence Halls||10|
|Cost of Attendance||52,520|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
- Foisie Business School is located on 50 Prescott Street, MA. The WPI campus spreads in 95 acres and has the EcoTarium and the American Antiquarian Society nearby.
- WPI offers special Brazilian Students Association, LGBTQ Support Services, the Shopping experience at Wrentham village etc.
- Students can access sports like skating or snowboarding, and join from over 250 clubs like Actuarial Math Club, Alden Voices etc.
- WPI has more than 6,678 students, with about 4,668 undergraduate ones and 2,206 graduate ones.
- WPI houses 2400 students in its 2 apartments and 4 houses and 8 residence halls with Salisbury Estates and Stoddard Complex.
- Residence Halls have furnished single, double, and triple occupancy available with laundry, elevator, lounge, and meal plan facilities.
- Stoddard Complex has 3 buildings for first year students in corridor style. All rooms have wardrobes, beds, internet and sofa. A 14,19,200 or VIP meal plan is compulsory.
- Elbridge Hall is one of the 4 halls with coed living facility and kitchen laundry and music room facility for university sponsored students.
- Foisie Business School offers more than 5 minors and 5 graduate programs available in business administration, information technology, supply chain management etc.
- WPI FBS' most popular program is the STEM MBA program, which was ranked 7th by Poets and Quants in its Online MBA Ranking. It has a 100% employment rate.
- FBS' STEM Designated Programs lets F1 visa students prolong their stay in the US if employed. These can be applied online, with a 3.0+ GPA, GMAT/GRE and interview performance, using this link.
- MS Business Analytics, MS Innovation and User Experience, MS Supply Chain Management are three of the 5 STEM Designated Programs.
- Fall Semester Applications must be made by June 15 2020 and Spring Semester Applications must be sent by November 6 2020.
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: UG- The Common App or WPI Application Status Portal; PG- WPI Grad Application Portal.
- There is a 70 USD application fee.
- Student Class profile:
- Total UG applicants: 10,584; total percentage of students admitted: 42% ; total enrolled: 29%
- Percentage of international students: 9%
- High school/college GPA of entering students (Both UG and PG): UG: 3.92; PG: 3.00+
- Minimum Standardized test scores: SAT- 1380-1480; ACT- 28-32; GMAT- 500; GRE- 150 Verbal, 165 Quantitative, 3.0 Analytical; ACT Composite:18-23.
- Supporting Documents: official academic transcripts, SOP, 3 LORs, Resume, Standardized Test Scores, Video Essay, Interview, F1 visa.
- Graduation rate: 87%; student retention rate: 96%
Cost of Attendance
- Annual Tuition fee for undergraduate courses: around 53,410 USD.
- Annual Tuition fee for graduate courses: around 28,188 USD.
- Annual room and board fee for undergraduate and graduate courses: 9,042USD + 6,796 USD/8,440 USD + 6,334 USD
- Miscellaneous fee: 1,000 USD(Undergraduate)/8,193 USD (Graduate)
- Total cost: 72,384 USD(Undergraduate) / 53,467 USD (graduate)
Financial Aid for International Students
- Foisie Business School gives merit-based scholarships after reviewing the application. These are available in each admission cycle. Without any additional application.
- Many outside scholarship opportunities are available to students as well, like the Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship, Fulbright Program, etc.
- FBS Students can apply for funding through Graduate Assistantships and Graduate Fellowships of 10 hours per week with a faculty member.
- International Peace Scholarship is available to women to study in the US and Canada, provided they are eligible as a full time graduate student.
|Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship||Excellent academic records||50% grant: 50% loan|
|American Association of University Women International Fellowships||Bachelor's degree TOEFL score||18,000 USD- 30,000 USD|
|Foisie Business School Merit Scholarship||Strong application and academic excellence||1,000 USD- 25,000 USD- MBA 1,000 USD - 10,000 USD- MS|
Private Sources of Funding
Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- ICSP Scholarship at the University of Oregon
- Clark Global Scholarship Program
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- WPI has more than 38,000 alumni from over 100 countries who can connect through WPI Tech Connect for networking.
- The Alumni Relations team helps alumni with making connections. They can be contacted at the Higgins House.
- FBS alumni get access to their famous 'Grotesque t-shirts'; lifetime career guidance through the career center; access to Gordon Library and much more.
- Some of the notable ones are as follows: Nancy Pimental- American Actress; Naveen Selvadurai- Co-Founder of Foursquare.com; Curtis Carlson- President at IRS International.
- Foisie Business School has an employment rate of 100% according to online MBA student's data.
- International students have the opportunity to opt for a 24 month STEM Optional Practical Training as part of the STEM Designated Degrees.
- The Career Development Center organizes Career Fairs in Fall and Spring, also through Brazen Software and more than 200 companies conduct on-site interviews on-campus.
- Foisie Business School has been ranked 5 for 'Highest Starting Salary for Graduates' by Think Advisor with an average pay up to 72,000 USD.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #176 - #200
Tackling authentic problems that matter to others helps students develop perseverance, empathy, and self-efficacy while also gaining valuable skills that help them succeed in their careers and lives. After securing a GPA of 7.3, I had applied through an online application form and also submitted a $70 application fee.
Course Curriculum :
At WPI, the BS in Economic Science program approaches the study of economics through the use of innovative computational tools. My university believes students learn by doing, so the program’s strict adherence to rigorous methodological standards for economic experimentation and problem solving will give you valuable and practical skills for addressing real-world challenges.
FBS provides us with hands-on learning experiences through project-based education. Seven-week terms create space for team-based, real-world experiences, and a unique grading system with a focus on teamwork and experimentation allows for experiential learning rooted in faculty guidance. My GPA was around 6. I was required to submit a common application form. The application fee was $70.
Course Curriculum :
The Business Analytics MS is a 33-credit-hours program including applied analytics courses that address business problems and include a realistic capstone project. Courses in this professional MS in Business Analytics degree program do not provide options related to a research degree
I got to know about this college from my cousin's brother, it has a super impressive campus having academic and recreational facilities. This university also offers the students a lot of options for their future in regard to jobs. So I just was excited and applied for the college just with a $70 application fee.
Course Curriculum :
The course offers a wide knowledge by teaching the computer and communications networks, different designs. Helps boost your confidence, focus and keeps you upgraded socially. Say this could be a one in all package for you.
I always wanted to pursue my MBA from the USA, hence I did a ton of research before applying to the college. The GPA of 9 in my four-year engineering college education helped me a lot in getting through the admission procedure. I had applied to the college through an online application structure. An application expense of around $70 was likewise paid by me.
Course Curriculum :
My course is offering me a broadened knowledge in the area of business and ensure that it is not limited to the classroom discussions. Courses like Accounting and Finance Fundamentals, Financial Intelligence and Strategic Decision Making, Business Law, Ethics, and Social Responsibility give me an edge not just in understanding the working of business but also the foundation on which it lays.
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary