Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale.
- Or, students hold a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from UQ or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.50 on a 7 point scale.
- International applicants must complete the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a minimum score of 550. Alternatively, students may submit GRE scores of at least 300 to be eligible for the program.
- Students may also be required to qualify for an exam in basic computing, written communication, basic mathematics, and basic statistics.
- Students holding qualifications other than a bachelor's degree from this university must demonstrate an excellent academic record to be eligible for this program.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Students with related academic experience must have 4 years of full-time work experience.
- Post-graduation including at least 2 of the 4 years full-time work experience gained while working in a dedicated supervisory/management role as approved by the Executive Dean.
Students without related academic experience or work experience are also encouraged to apply, given they fulfill other additional requirements such as an interview, aptitude test, referee reports, or professional registration.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
- Students must hold a GPA of 60% i.e 4 on a 7 point scale.
- The University of Queensland offers a Master of Business Administration for a duration of 1 year.
- It is a course-based program offered on both a full-time and part-time basis.
- The MBA program gives students every opportunity to push the boundaries of their comfort zone.
- There are 3 study options for the MBA:
- Accelerated MBA (12 months, full-time)
- Streamlined, which includes weekend and evening classes (24 months)
- Flexible, which gives up to 7 years to finish.
- The program consists of 12 courses that cover key topics and integrate theory with practice.
- To complete the MBA program, students must complete 24 units from the course list:
- 4 units from Management Framework
- 18 units from IT, Operations Design, Strategic HRM, and Innovation Leadership
- 2 units from Entrepreneurship Capstone
- Students have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and leadership skills while working to solve complex business problems.
- Depending on students choice of courses, it might be possible to withdraw from the MBA at an early exit point and graduate with one of the following awards:
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- The Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate offer students alternative pathways to the MBA.
- International students are eligible to apply for scholarships and prizes which are offered by the University, the Australian Government, foreign governments, or private organizations.
- The program is accredited by AACSB or EQUIS and up to 80% of students in MBA are international students.
- The Business School's flexibility study options allow students to fit in their learning alongside their lifestyle and work commitments.
- The researcher from the Business School has been awarded an Australian Research Council (ARC) Australian Laureate Fellowship award.
- The MBA program is ranked as one of the leading MBAs worldwide and number one in the Asia Pacific region and ranks 8th according to AFR BOSS MBA Ranking 2019 in Australia.
- Placements/Job opportunities after the Master of Business Administration are Account Manager, Manager Consultant, etc and the average salary goes up to 73,800 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 55757 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Semester1 (Deadline - Oct 31)|
|Admission Intake||Semester2 (Deadline - Apr 30)|
|Average Salary (USD)||127000|
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements or awards, publications, relevant work, or volunteer experience.
- UQ Online Applications: Students have to fill online application to take admission.
- Academic Transcripts: Students have to provide full academic transcripts that contain student’s unit results.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): It is an official document issued to international students by universities in Australia. It confirms that students have accepted a place in a course, and have paid tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover premium (OSHC).
- Evidence of work experience: It includes details of management experience in the form of a CV.
- Personal Statement: It should include a brief overview of student’s strengths and any work experience and/or education that they have.
- Supplementary documents: Students may be required to provide additional information with the application, depending on which Curtin University course they choose.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL other recognized English test results.
|Semester1||Oct 31, 2021|
|Semester2||Apr 30, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing (On-Campus)||$ 21360|
|Housing (Off-Campus)||$ 14568|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #151 / 400
Business [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|UQ India Global Leaders Scholarship||Variable||Yes||May 30, 2021|
|UQ Economics India Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Nov 30, 2020|
|HASS Scholarship for Excellence - India||$ 7603||Yes||Sep 30, 2021|
|Science International Scholarship- University of Queensland||$ 2305||Yes||Jun 30, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia. Students can apply for the Student Visa (subclass 500) after receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from UQ. Visa applications can be submitted online through the Department of Home Affairs. There are different types of visa such as:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution. Generally, if students are studying for more than 3 months, they will need a Student Visa.
- Visitor Visa: If students are studying for 3 months or less, there are Visitor Visa options. Students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa then they may be able to get a Working Holiday Visa which allows studying for 4 months.
- Working Holiday Visa: It gives young people between the ages of 18 and 30 (and in some cases between the ages of 18 and 35) the opportunity to enjoy working holidays for up to 36 months.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after completing the student’s studies.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
- If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
- To apply for Student Visa, students will need the following documentation:
- A copy of the offer letter
- Valid Passport
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- A copy of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- The visa application payment specified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Australia is a great place to work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying.
- Student Visa allows international students to work part-time while pursuing their full-time degree courses.
- The student visa allows students to work up to 40 hours per fortnight (two-week period) during university semesters.
- Student visa holders can work full-time hours during vacations.
- Casual or part-time work is a great way to provide students with an income while they are studying.
- The wage depends on the type of work and the age of the students.
Career and Placement after Course
The career opportunities are:
- Account Manager
- Equity Research Analysts
- Manager Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Relationship Management
- Corporate Banking
- Trade Finance Services
|ranking||# 151 for Business by Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020 |
# 57 for Business by US News 2019
# 69 for Business by Times Higher Education 2019
|# 51 for Business by Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020 |
# 32 for Business by Times Higher Education 2019
# 37 for Business by US News 2019
|application||-||#137 Applicants |
# 50 Admissions
# 37 % Acceptance Rate
|exam scores||TOEFL - 87/120|
IELTS - 6.5/9
PTE - 64/90
GRE - 304/340
GMAT - 550/800
|TOEFL - 102/120|
IELTS - 7/9
GMAT - 690/800
GRE - 310/340
|cost to study||Total Cost (Tuition + Living) - 55757 USD||Total Cost (Tuition + Living) - 34010 USD|
|Return on Investment/Average Package||#Average Salary 127000 USD||#Average Salary 123000 USD|
|documents required||#Letter of Recommendation + Statement of Purpose||#Letter of Recommendation + Statement of Purpose|
|application dates||Oct 31, 2021 (Semester1)|
Apr 30, 2022 (Semester2)
|Apr 30, 2022 (Round 1)|
May 31, 2022 (Round 2)
Jun 30, 2021 (Round 3)
|Admission Criteria/Better to Have|
GPA of 4.50 on a 7 average and preferably 550 GMAT Score. Average Work Experience required around 6 years.
|-||Read Full Comparison|