Monash University, in Melbourne has been ranked in the top 50 universities of the world, for its performance and graduate employability rate. More than 20 majors of Monash University have been ranked globally, in the top 50 and top 100, for being opted widely and also for their growing popularity.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|No. of Campuses||four in Victoria, one in Malaysia|
|Student Retention Rate||60,000|
|Graduate Job Rate||88%|
|Funding (ARC)||AUD 98.4M|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 30,000-40,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Official website/VTAC|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, part time and online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- More than 136 undergraduate and 154 graduate degree programs are offered at Monash University, under 10 areas of study. Some of the 2018, worldwide ranked majors of the University are: Engineering & Technology, Chemistry, Pharmacy & Pharmocology, Education, Nursing, Performing Arts, etc.
- On-campus, Monash University offers residential facilities for international students. There are residential halls, apartment blocks and urban villages for accommodation. The off-campus accommodation is also available.
Monash University Admission Process
- Application: Students can apply through the online application, for admission. The students belonging to Australia and/or pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the VTAC Application.
- Students applying for Malaysia and South Africa campus, should apply through a separate online portal for admission.
- Common requirements: includes transcripts, statement of purpose, Higher Secondary Certificate and bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- The application fee: for online applications is AUD 100.
- There are a few additional requirements which include: cover letter, CV, copy of passport, health examination and identity declaration; personal and financial statements.
- There are two semesters for admission, deadlines for Semester 1: February; Semester 2: July.
- The test scores of TOEFL and IELTS are valid for two years, hence students must acquaint themselves with the university timeline, and apply for admission accordingly.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|GMAT (for PG)||550|
|Monash English||Standard: Level 5; Intensive: Level 6; Extended: Level 4|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Cost of Tuition (Annually)|
|Art, Design and Architecture||AUD 32,600|
|Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences||AUD 24,500|
|Information & Technology||AUD 32,500|
|Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences||AUD 35,600|
|Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences||AUD 36,600|
International students at Monash University are offered 360 types of scholarships, worth AUD 280,000. Scholarships are offered department wise as well. Some of the scholarships are:
- Engineering International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship:
- Scholarship value- AUD 20,000
- Offered to- 100 students
- Monash Asylum Seekers Scholarship
- Scholarship value- AUD 25,000
- Offered to- varies according to the number of applications received
Monash University has a network of 350,000 people globally. The University offers various benefits to its alumni like: career development support, access to library resources at discounted rates, discount on Qantas Club Membership/Avis Car Hire/Monash University Publishing, etc.