University of Melbourne, Australia’s second oldest university has been ranked number 1 in Australia. The University has also been recognized globally, for its academic and graduate employability reputation. More than 16 subjects that are ranked number 1 in Australia, and are in top 50 worldwide, are offered at the University of Melbourne.
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||2|
|No, of Residential Colleges||10|
|Graduate Job Rate||84.6% (full time)|
|Research Funding||AUD 491 million|
|Endowment||AUD 62.1 million|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 40,000-50,000 (annually)|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- 31 undergraduate, 200 masters and 31 doctoral degree programs are offered at University of Melbourne under 12 areas of study. The University’s number 1 ranked subjects in Australia, and top 50 worldwide are: Anatomy, Law, Education, Business, Computer Science, etc.
- On-campus, University of Melbourne offers residential facilities for international students. There are 10 residential colleges on-campus. Along with off-campus accommodation for students.
University of Melbourne Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply online, offline or through their country specific agents. The students belonging to Australia and/or pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the VTAC Application.
- Common requirements: Transcripts, Higher Secondary Certificate and, work experience with bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- Application fee: AUD 100
- Additional requirements: Copy of passport, financial statement, identity declaration and accommodation declaration. There may be an interview for Performing and Visual Arts applicants.
- Application deadlines: Semester 1: late December; Semester 2: 31 May.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|IELTS||6.5 and above|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Cost of Tuition|
|Agriculture, Engineering, Sciences and Veterinary Sciences||AUD 41,728 - AUD 67,368|
|Business and Economics||AUD 42,728|
|Health and Medical Sciences||AUD 41,504 - AUD 91,092|
|Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages||AUD 32,512|
|Music, Visual and Performing Arts||AUD 28,928 – AUD 56,224 |
International students are offered various scholarships by the University of Melbourne. There are around 176 scholarships that are offered to students. Some of them are:
- Human Rights Scholarship- AUD 94,200 awarded to 2 students,
- Newman College Rector's Exhibitions- for 50 students.
- Global Graduate Merit Scholarship- for students, 25%-50% tuition fee waivered.
University of Melbourne has a network of 385,000 alumni globally. It offers benefits like: career development resources, discounted membership for events, access to library/E-Journals/Coursera courses, 25% discount on Melbourne University Publishing, 10% off on fee for Chinese classes, etc.