Niagara College Canada: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Niagara College is a public institution offering education in Applied Arts and Technology. Presently, Niagara is home to over 9,000+ full-time students including 4,000 international students. Programs at Niagara College are offered across 130+ subject areas. This primarily includes certificate, undergraduate, graduate, and diploma courses. Besides, Niagara College also offers vocational and general courses in salon, spa, etc. Students interested in brewery and culinary programs can seek relevant courses offered at the Institute of Wine at the Niagara-on-the-lake campus.
At Niagra, students are offered affordable education through scholarships, awards, and bursaries worth 2,00,000 CAD. Besides, Niagara prepares its students well for the present job market; graduates are noted to gain employment within the first six months of completing their graduates with an average annual salary of 51,000 CAD in Canada.
Know which are the high paying jobs in Canada.
|Type of university||Private|
|Basic tuition fee for International students||Differs from course to course|
|Number of campuses||2|
|Student housing||Available (on-campus/ off-campus)|
|Number of students||9000+|
|Payment mode||Visa/ Mastercard|
|Admission seasons||September, January, May|
Niagara College Programs
- Niagara College offers over 130 certifications, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- The college has its programs divided into 15 schools that are spread across its two campuses.
- The Welland Campus (WLC) houses ten schools, and Niagara-on-the-lake Campus houses five schools.
- The campus also houses an Institute of Wine.
- The college also offers cooperative Education which includes studying and working together, thereby (providing students work experience and learning.
- While a variety of programs are offered at Niagara College, it’s best known for courses related to the field of business, engineering, hospitality, and management.
Top Programs in the Niagara College
|Programs||Fees per annum|
|B.B.A Human Resources||$12,113|
|Diploma in International Business||$10,913|
|Certificate in Art and Design Foundation||$10,913|
|Diploma in Acting for Film and Television||$10,913|
Niagara College Campus
- Niagara College has two modern campuses which include the Welland Campus and Niagara-on-the-Lake-Campus.
- The campuses are well connected that can be accessed through major highways and main roadways.
- The Welland campus is a 90-minute drive to the Great Toronto Area and 2 hours to downtown.
- On the other hand, it is a 70-minute drive to GTA from the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus and 90 minutes to downtown Toronto
- The Welland Campus is facilitated with a state-of-art modern learning environment. The campus houses the School of Academics, English Language Studies, Nursing, Personal Support Worker, Liberal and Access Studies, Allied Health, Community Services, Technology, and Trades, Part-time studies.
- The Niagara-on-the-Lake campus is located between Queen Elizabeth Way and Glendale Avenue. The campus houses the School of Academic, Environmental and Horticultural Studies, Liberal and Access Studies, Business and Management, Hospitality, Canadian Food & Wine Institute, Tourism and Sport, and Apprenticeship.
Niagara College Student Housing
- Niagara College offers on-campus housing to international students with many options at both of its campuses, including Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campuses.
- Upon successfully meeting the admission requirements of Niagara College and getting an offer of admission, students can apply for on-campus housing.
- Besides, students can also opt for off-campus housing, including renting rooms, sublets, or houses along with other students.
- Additionally, international students have an additional option of homestay and launching pad option.
- Under homestay, students can live with a Canadian family; on the other hand, students are offered 30 days of safe accommodation for a launching pad. They will be given the provision of home, two meals every day.
- Considering the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, off-campus housing is restricted
- Residence options include double occupancy, quad occupancy, and homestay in-residence suites.
- It is backed by all the amenities, including a double bed, desk, work area, satellite TV, internet access, bathroom, access to the common room, games rooms, kitchen, and movie lounge.
Below listed is the pricing of accommodation
|Category||Expenses per annum (CAD)|
|Double occupancy suites||7,850 (for 1 yr)|
|Deposit||500 (for 1 yr)|
|Homestay||850 per month (for 2 Months)|
|Launching Pad||850 per month|
- Students must apply for housing by filling the online application for either the Academic Year or for Winter or Summer semester.
Niagara College Application Process
Application Portal: International candidates must apply online by filling the online application form at the university’s portal.
Application Fees: 100 CAD (non-refundable)
Application Deadline: Below listed is a detailed deadline
|Program Start Date||Application Deadline|
|September 2020/ 2021||Open Programs: 01 February
Competitive Programs: Mid-March
|January 2021/ 2022||Open Programs: 01 February
Competitive Programs: Late July
|May 2021/ 2022||Open Programs: 01 February
Competitive Programs: Late November
Admission Requirements: All international candidates must satisfy the below-mentioned details to be eligible for Niagara College admission.
- Complete the international student application form online from the university portal
- Official transcripts/ entry documents, including academic history that is original and signed. Students must submit the documents that is accompanied by their official English translations
- Standardized test scores as per the program requirements
- Proof of English Proficiency Scores
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of passport information page
Know about the tests required for international students to study in Canada.
Niagara College Cost of Attendance
Before applying to any Canadian university, it is important for international students to estimate the tuition fee and cost of living in Canada.
The table given below roughly gives an overview of the tuition fees to study at Niagara College.
|Program||Tuition Fees (CAD)|
|Bachelors & Graduates||18,544 - 19,274|
|Diplomas & Certificates||14,282 - 19,917|
|Short Term EAP||3,215|
Other Costs include books and supplies, accommodation, and expenses incurred on living and traveling during the stay in Canada. Below listed is a glimpse of the expenses:
|Books & Supplies||2,500|
|Co-op & Material Fees||Up to 2,893.89|
|Personal Expenses||2,000 - 8,000|
|OR Room Rental||3,600 - 4,800|
Read more on cost of living in Canada.
Niagara College Placements
- Niagara College offers Work While Study facilities in the form of a co-op program which includes studying and working together, thereby (providing students work experience and learning.
- With a graduate employment rate of around 88%, graduates from Niagara are noted to gain employment within the first six months of completing their graduates with an average annual salary of 51,000 CAD in Canada.
- Niagara provides career assistance to students and graduates via ‘Community Employment Services’.
- Students can register themselves for career assistance at ‘MyCareer’, the employment portal of Niagara College. With the help of this portal, students can seek career assistance up to 2 years.
- Furthermore, Niagara helps its students to hone their interviewing skills by giving them access to ‘InterviewStream’, a portal meant only for practicing interview skills.
Niagara College Scholarships
- Niagara College offers over 200,000 CAD to international scholarships in the form of scholarships and awards. There are three types of scholarships are offered to international students, which include:
- Entrance Scholarships are offered to first-year students at Niagara College, Canada. The average amount is 2,000 CAD as a scholarship award
- Niagara College provides Scholarships for international students in the form of International Student Awards. The scholarship is awarded to students who are the top academic and those engaged in the school.
- There is no need to fill any application form required to be eligible for the international award
- The international award will be offered during Fall and Winter semesters
- The international award is determined based on academic performance and are active co-curricular record
- One recipient will be chosen and notified from each of the academic school
- Besides, students can seek other scholarships to study in Canada.
Ques. Does Niagara College, Canada, offer accommodation to international students?
Ans: Yes, Niagara College offers accommodation facilities to international students at both of its campuses, including Welland Campus and Niagara-on-the-lake campus. Besides, students are also offered off-campus accommodation.
Ques. Where and how can I pay for my programs?
Ans: International students can pay for the invoice at the following places:
International Students Account Office
- Local Bank
- Bank Transfer
- Online Banking
- Registrar's Office at either of the campus
Ques. What is the mode of payment for Niagara College programs?
Ans: International students can pay at the Account's OfficeOffice through cash, credit card, and debit card along with online banking or bank transfer.
Ques. How do I know I am enrolled to Niagara College?
Ans: Students who meet the requirements and are enrolling to a full-time course will be sent a Letter of Offer and notified through email.
Ques. What are the transport options for reaching Niagara College, Canada campus?
Ans: The Niagara College was well-connected that can be accessed through major highways and main roadways. The Welland Campus is located 90-minutes away by drive from the Great Toronto Area and 2 hours downtown, whereas, it is a 70-minute away by drive to GTA from the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus and 90 minutes downtown.
Ques. What are the accommodation options for international students?
Ans: International students are offered accommodation options, including an on-campus stay in double suite occupancy and Quad suite occupancy, Home Stay options, and on rentals.
Ques. When should I pay my fees during the start of the program?
Ans: Students are supposed to submit their fee invoices at the International Student Accounts Office. The invoice and due dates for each term is the following:
- September term: Invoices must be sent in June, and fees are due in July.
- January term: Invoices must be sent in October, and fees are due in November.
- May term: Invoices must be sent in February, and fees are due in March.
Ques. Does a Resume and Personal Essay required to be submitted for admission?
Ans: No. Niagara College doesn't require a Resume or Personal Essay for admissions.
Ques. Are Standardized Test Scores of SAT or ACT required to be submitted for undergraduate admissions?
Ans: No. Niagara College doesn't require Standardized Test Scores of SAT or ACT for undergraduate admissions.
Ques. Does Niagara College offer Internship facilities to students?
Ans: Yes. Niagara College offers Work While Study facilities in the form of cooperative Education that includes studying and working together, thereby (providing students work experience and learning.
The Niagara College has its campus located at Welland and Niagara-on-the-lake region, surrounded by all the necessary basic and social facilities. The college welcomes admissions during September, January, and May semesters. The campus has an on-campus residence or housing facility on its campuses and off-campus homestay and renting facilities. The college also offers scholarships or financial aid to international students in Entrance Scholarship, Current Scholarship, and International Award.
FIND A PROGRAM
I had joined this course after completing my graduation in mechanical engineering. I had achieved first division with honors in it. I applied to several universities in Canada for sales and marketing segment course, I got approval from this college. The application cost was 100 CAD and that was only for one course. I opted for this diploma course as I wanted to join the sales world with touch of technical knowledge and wanted to pursue my further career in software selling firm.
Course Curriculum :
In my course, I was taught about the art of persuade the decision makers of a particular firm, and make them comfortable for paying the desired amount for the services. The theoretical aspects of this course had covered a wide spectrum of pre sales and inside sales. Moreover It had covered the doctrines of field work with full passion.
After completing my school education, I was very desperate for taking admission in a Canadian university. I started my research just after giving the 12th examination, and sort out some diploma courses of my interest. I opted for this diploma course because I loved to study the basic mechanics subjects and physics oriented concepts. In my senior secondary, i had score 89.67%. And my online application fees here was 100 CAD.
Course Curriculum :
In my course, I had been given an overview of all major segments of mechanics like fluid mechanics, strength of material, material science, production technology, etc. It was a combination of theoretical and practical practices along with the touch of current industrial scenario in the market.
A friend of mine who lived in Canada suggested me a few colleges including this one and after doing thorough research on them, I decided to continue my studies at this college as they were offering the most career-centric curriculum with impressive student life. To start the admission process, I applied here through the online portal of the college website. The application fee for the application form was $100.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum of my program was grounded in the real-world application of business theories to encourage the development of the broad-based business skills needed to compete on the global stage. Within the program, I got to study Business Communications, Fundamentals of International Trade, Macro Economics, Financial Accounting Concepts, and Managerial Accounting.
I wanted to join an institution that is located in Toronto, so I applied to all the colleges in Toronto and 2 colleges accepted my application. Among the two colleges, I decided to join this college because of the better career opportunities and infrastructure of the college. To apply here, I had to pay $100 as I applied through the online portal.
Course Curriculum :
The program allows us to explore the world of business through Human Resources in the classroom as well as in future careers. Here, we're connected with industry professionals in the classroom through assignments and co-ops, which gives us a competitive advantage before entering the field of HR. Also, the curriculum is helping me develop steppingstones for us to secure our dream job as an HR professional in the hydroelectric field.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary