Mohawk College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1966, Mohawk College is one of the largest government-funded colleges in Ontario, Canada, and is known for providing experiential learning opportunities from co-op programs to labs and simulations. Mohawk offers over 160 programs in Healthcare, Technology, and Business, Skilled Trades, amongst others. Out of these, 90 programs are available to international students willing to study in Canada.
Being a member of the Association of Community Colleges of Canada(ACCC), the courses offered at Mohawk University are fully funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities. Having over 30,000 full-time and part-time students, the environment at Mohawk College is inclusive and welcoming.
The newly implemented Mohawk Future Ready Employer Program aims to build strong partnerships with 10 leading companies in the Hamiltonian region so as to ensure graduates are job-ready and can explore company-specific jobs. The last few years have seen a surge in campus renovation and the introduction of new programs, attracting a lot of international students who wish to pursue higher education from Canada. The Centre for Aviation Technology is being developed in collaboration with KF Aerospace at Hamiltonian Airport is estimated to have a capacity of 600 students.
Mohawk College Rankings
Mohawk College is ranked:
- 17th in Research Infosource’s annual rankings in Canada’s top 50 Research Colleges.
- 6th among Ontario colleges.
- 1st for Graduate Satisfaction in the Greater Toronto and Hamiltonian area.
|Annual Endowment||CAD 17,524,075|
|Student Retention Rate||86.9%|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, Part-time|
|English Language Requirements||TOEFL iBT, IELTS, CAEL, CEFR(C1), CLBT, PTE|
|Financial Aid||In the form of Scholarships, Award & Bursaries|
|Admission Helpdesk||For Admission & Registration -call 1-844-767-6871
General information-call 905-575-1212
Mohawk College Courses
- With over 4000 & more students from 90+ countries, Mohawk College offers a plethora of courses for international students.
- Out of 169 full-time programs, 109 programs are available for international students.
- Graduate and professional programs include Health, Technology, Communication Arts, Communication Services, and Business.
- Mohawk College puts forth plenty of options to students by providing pathway and credit transfer programs.
- Mohawk’s Skilled Trades and Apprenticeship program is a combination of training & in-school education. The outcome is an academically sound and skilled candidate waiting to enter the job market.
- Interestingly, Mohawk’s Skilled Trade and Apprenticeship program is one of the largest producers of skilled trainers in Ontario, producing more than 2,900 apprenticeship students.
- Mohawk College is the 1st college in Canada to offer Co-op Education.
- Mohawk College provides Experiential Learning with the aim of improving their employability, skills, and their transition to industry.
- According to a report, the Business Management program of Mohawk has the highest student satisfaction in Ontario.
Mohawk College Campus
- Mohawk College has 8 campuses spread across Hamilton and Brantford.
- Joyce Centre which is a hub of Fennell Campus is has received Zero Carbon Building(ZCB) Standard Certification by the Canada Green Building Council(CaGBC)
- Students can engage in a plethora of recreational activities during their stay. One can volunteer, lead, manage, communicate, coordinate, and participate in various activities offered at the campus of Mohawk College.
- The Coffee Club of Mohawk College is a place where international students can gather, communicate, and thereby meet new people.
- Mohawk College organizes International Workshops to resolve confusion related to career, job, networking, and more.
- Mohawk Student Association(MSA) is an amalgamation of 30 different clubs aimed at helping students both academically and socially.
- Being the 5th most populous city of Ontario, Hamilton is booming with international crowds, thanks to the amazing city life.
Mohawk College Residence
- Mohawk Residence is available only for students of the Fennell Campus and has accommodation for 340 students.
- The residence consists of 170 fully furnished two-bedroom suites with TV & Wifi as complementary.
- The residence provides 24-hour accessibility to staff to ease students during needs. In addition, the residence is equipped with 24-hour video monitoring.
- Rooms are filled on the First-Come, First-Serve basis. Hence, it’s recommended that students must apply at the earliest via the MyHousingPortal.
- It’s mandatory for students of Mohawk Residency to purchase a meal plan.
- Students who require special accommodation due to medical conditions can contact the Accessible Learning Services office.
- In general, housekeeping services are provided bi-weekly. But due to the COVID-19 pandemic, housekeeping services have ceased.
- Several Common Rooms are available which include: Kitchen, Laundry Room, Games Room, Study Lounge, and Movie Lounge.
- The Homestay Program allows international students to support their living with a Canadian Family.
Know about types of student accommodations available in Australia.
Mohawk College Application Process
With so many overseas students coming to study in Canada, admissions at Mohawk College are also available to international students. Following should be kept in mind if applying for courses here:
Application Portal: MyMohawk Portal
Application Fee: CAD 100
- September Intake- March 31 to May 1
- January Intake-August 1
- May Intake-February 1
- Photocopy of passport
- Diploma degree(if applicable)
- Immigration Documents and funding proof
- Scores of exams required to study in Australia
Mohawk College Cost of Attendance
- Other than tuition and living expenses, there are also additional fees which include student activity fees, health and counseling, alumni membership, academic support, student clubs, student events, campus safety, student ID card fee, and more.
- An estimated budget of the Cost of Attendance is tabulated below.
|Type of Fee||Amount (CAD)|
- Tabulated below is the ancillary fee for all programs:
|Compulsory Ancillary Fee||One semester||Two semester|
|Total Compulsory Ancillary Fee||CAD 809.71||CAD 1,507.91|
Mohawk College Scholarships
- Mohawk College provides financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans, awards, and bursaries once they meet the criteria.
- Additionally, international students can look for other scholarships to study in Canada.
- Students are requested to complete their MyMohawk Financial Assistance Profile to be eligible for scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
- International students must meet the following criteria to be considered for financial aid:
- One must be registered for a full-time course.
- Students must have a successful academic record.
- One must be deprived of any offending charges.
- Following bursaries, awards and scholarships are available for international students;
- Soroptimist Live Your Dream: Educational & Training Award for Women
- Awarded to highly motivated women who are working to bring about positive changes in their lives through skills and training.
- Chaney-Ensign Bursary
- Awarded to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students with demonstrated financial need.
- Geritol-Follies Bursary
- Awarded to the students of performing arts who demonstrate the financial need.
- David-Davis Memorial Bursary
- Awarded to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students who are enrolled in music programs in any university, institution, or college in Canada.
- CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program
- Awarded to students from rural or remote areas who face plenty of barriers in completing their post-secondary education.
- CPAC Canada Scholarship
- Awarded to meritorious candidates with demonstrated academic excellence. Since 200, 224 students have availed the scholarship, with a value of CAD278,000.
- Soroptimist Live Your Dream: Educational & Training Award for Women
Mohawk College Alumni
- As of 2014, more than 1000 faculty instructed roughly 12,500 full-time students, 4000 apprentices, 46,000 continuing education registrants, and 1,800 International students. Since its founding, over 115,000 students have graduated from Mohawk College.
- There are several perks for Alumni, a few of them are mentioned below :
- Alumni Gym Membership
- 15% of at Participating Choice hotels
- Access Library Resources
- Take advantage of discounted rentals
- Career Support
- Discount on Merchandise
- Affordable rates on the insurance plan
- Discount at stay
- Few notable alumni are as follows:
- Luke Johns- An Urban Planner
- Gary Nelson-Branch Manager and Mutual Fund Representation, Scotiabank
- Joal Roshko-Co-founder & President, Heartwood Renovations
- Ted Rakoczy-President and COO, The Hive
Mohawk College Placements
- 88.4% of the Mohawk College graduates get employed within six months from their graduation.
- The college is ranked #1 continuously 5 times in a row in graduate employability rate in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
- The College organizes career events, workshops, fairs, virtual meets, and many more facilities for the students to find their relevant jobs and internships on the campus itself.
- The college also contributes in enriching their resumes, portfolios, organizing mock interviews, assisting them in cover letters, networking strategies, and many more similar services.
- The College has a CareerReady Portal Login for the students.
- Students can find relevant jobs while the college allows the employers to post their job requirements and openings on the website itself
- According to Payscale, the graduates and alumni of Mohawk College have received an average salary of 53,111 CAD.
The top average salaries of Mohawk graduates by the job are tabulated below:
|Advertising and Marketing Communications||25,000 CAD to 60,000 CAD|
|Architectural Technology||20,000 CAD to 45,000 CAD|
|Business||16,425 CAD to 68,000 CAD|
|Business-accounting Co-op||24,000 CAD to 40,000 CAD|
|Human Resource Management||21,900 CAD to 53,040 CAD|
|Social Service Worker||24,442 CAD to 48,000 CAD|
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What are the programs offered at Mohawk College?
Ans. It offers over 160 programs in Healthcare, Technology, and Business, Skilled Trades, amongst others. Out of these, 90 programs are available to international students studying in Canada.
Ques. What is the average salary of Mohawk College graduates?
Ans. According to Payscale, the graduates and alumni of Mohawk College have received an average salary of 53,111 CAD.
Ques. What are the fields of study available for international students at Mohawk College?
Ans. International students can apply for Analytics For Business Decision Making, Animation, Applied, Music, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Cybersecurity, Educational Support, Journalism, Photography, and many more.
Ques. What is the graduate employability rate of Mohawk College?
Ans. The graduate employability rate of Mohawk College is 86%.
Ques. What is the mode of submitting applications to Mohawk College?
Ans. Students can apply to the college through the online application present on the college’s website as My Mohawk Portal. The application fee is 100 CAD.
Ques. Does Mohawk College offer financial aid options?
Ans. Yes, the college offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, awards, and bursaries. International student financial aid options include Chaney-Ensign bursary, Geritol-Follies bursary, David-Davis Memorial bursary, CPAC Canada Scholarship, and many more.
Ques. Does Mohawk College offer a work-study program?
Ans. Yes, the college offers a work-study program and allows students to work while studying and meeting expenses for their living.
Ques. What is the total compulsory ancillary fee that is to be paid to the college?
Ans. The college requires 1,507.91 CAD as the ancillary fee for two semesters and 809.71 CAD for one semester.
Ques. Is there any admission helpdesk through which the College can be contacted?
Ans. Yes, students can contact the College through 905-575-1212 or 1-844-767-6871 specifically for admission and registration purposes.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
There were many reasons behind opting for this university like It was one among the top 10 universities in Ontario, had stronger partnerships with leading companies in the Hamiltonian region, etc. I applied to this university through its online portal and my cost of application was $95.
Course Curriculum :
I had learned many skills in robotics, PLC programming and CMM with embedded industrial certifications. Moreover, I had also learned 3D design software in my course i.e. SOLID WORKS, CATIA, AutoCad, Unigraphics NX, etc. Basically my program was focused on the applications and theory of mechanical engineering, including design, advanced manufacturing, engineering materials and automation.
After completing my school education, I started searching for the ways to pursue graduation in Canada. Soon i came across the process via the help of a private consulting agency. It provided me the way to secure a seat in a Canadian university. I opted for this diploma course because it was of short duration yet quite effective in order to get job in the earliest stage of my career. My fees for my online application was $100.
Course Curriculum :
It was a two year course in which I got the solid foundation in segments like accounting and finance, management and marketing, project management, operation and distribution etc. My course curriculum was quite flexible in nature as I had several options to choose to transfer into second semester. I opted for the financial services as my elective domain.
I got to know about this college through an education counselling agency in my home town and after their recommendation, I also searched about it on the internet and I found really positive students reviews and the facilities here were quite impressive. I paid $100 to apply through the online portal of the College.
Course Curriculum :
It was a strong foundational program in biotechnology with training in unit operations and instrumentation. The curriculum helped me gain knowledge and skills in scientific methods and experimental techniques using established principles of quality assurance and manufacturing. Also, to explore scientific methods and experimental techniques in accordance with accepted principles of quality assurance and manufacturing in the biotech industry.
I decided to join this college because my friend was also bent on joining this college and the though of have someone I know at my college motivated me to opt for this college and the curriculum of the programs here were also very interactive and career driven. To apply here, I was required to pay $100 while submitting my application form through the online portal.
Course Curriculum :
My advanced diploma is helping me develop an in-depth understanding of business strategy and how different parts of a business collaborate to become more competitive. The program provided me with a mix of marketing, operations and administration—delivered over six semesters—that is preparing me for a future career in management. Also, I learned how marketing, operations and administration work together to support the goals of an organization.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary