Niagara College Canada 2021-2022 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Located in Ontario, Canada, Niagara College is a leader in applied education, offering over 130 programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. The courses include subject areas like Technology, Communications, Health and related services, Automotive, Broadcasting, Business, Hospitality and Tourism amongst others.
The college enrolled over 10,500 students along with 3,903 international students in the January 2020 session. This public organization is a coveted name in the list of top higher education institutes of Canada. Niagara college offers intakes for Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions and the deadlines are June 07, October 29, and Feb 01 respectively. The applicants are required to get the credential evaluation of the academic degrees by the selected approved agencies like WES, NACES, etc.
With a moderate acceptance rate, the enrollment into the institute is highly based on parameters like average final grades, test scores, audition, portfolio, extracurricular, among others. Niagara college provides opportunities for some of the high-paying jobs in Canada for graduates. With a high graduate employment rate of nearly 88.1% and an employer satisfaction rate of 91%, the institute is rightly one of the favored choices among international aspirants.
At Niagara College, current classes are running online and the campus housing is limited to international students. The current guidelines have put the city under lockdown from April 08, 2021.
Explore: Reviews about Niagara College
|Application Portal||Online application|
|Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||100 CAD|
|Acceptance Rate||83 %|
|Number of Campuses||2|
|English Language Test Scores||IELTS 6.0 TOEFL iBT 79 for undergraduates|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|On Campus Housing||Available|
|Intake Seasons||Fall, Winter and Spring Sessions|
|Admission Helpline||+1 905-735-2211 extension 7151
Niagara College Admission Deadlines
Niagara college has fixed deadlines for receiving the applications. Students are recommended to send in completed applications along with all additional documents at the earliest convenience.
|Semester||Undergraduate Application deadlines|
|September 2021||Feb 01|
|January 2022||June 07|
|May 2022||October 29|
Note: The graduate programs have different deadlines, which may be checked by the applicants before applying after they choose the program.
Niagara College International Student Admissions
International students applying at Niagara College must fulfill a set of requirements that includes submission of documents, standardized tests scores along with financial worthiness.
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee (non-refundable): 100 CAD
Admission Process: Step-by-step application process for international aspirants looking to enroll in a course at Niagara college to study in Canada is as listed below.
- Check the availability, basic eligibility criteria and upcoming deadlines of the desired program.
- Complete the online application by filling in your basic details and education information.
- Provide all the mandatory documents like transcripts, degrees, certificates, English language proficiency scores, other test scores. Note that admission materials are to be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the completed application along with a non-refundable application fee and wait for the decision from the institute.
- Niagara College delivers its decision to the candidates within 2 weeks of submitting all the documents. Students have to confirm their enrollment by accepting the offer and paying the required amount of tuition fee prior to the given deadlines.
- Once the deposit is made, the college sends a confirmation email within 48 hours which confirms the student’s enrollment with the institute.
Note: Candidates are encouraged to start applying for housing and study permits at the earliest opportunity after they receive the confirmation mail.
Application Requirements: The admission documents required for international applicants at Niagara College mainly include:
- A completed admission application and payment of application fees
- Transcripts in English of the previously attended academic courses.
- Exam scores of the acceptable tests like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE etc.
- Financial statement or sponsorship documents to prove the financial ability to support one education as a full-time student in Canada.
- Passport ID pages.
English Proficiency Test Scores for International Students
International students, applying to Niagara College, are required to submit official TOEFL/ IELTS or equivalent accepted test scores to prove their language proficiency. The minimum scores required are mentioned below.
Visa Process for International Students
International Students need to apply for a study permit and a visa to study in Canada.
- After receiving the acceptance letter from the College, the applicants are required to obtain the necessary study visa for Canada.
- The complete documentation and process take 2 to 3 months that includes filing the application and receiving the outcome.
- The applications can be filed through the nearest VFS offices.
- The embassy generally does not ask for a personal interview but the applicant has to visit the office of VFS/embassy for the biometrics recording.
- Statement of purpose in Canada visa application plays an important role and must be drafted carefully by the applicants.
- Applicants need to fill the application form, deposit the visa fee and submit all the relevant documentation that can make a difference in the outcome of the application.
Niagara College Undergraduate Admissions
Niagara college offers various undergraduate programs and the most popular are Technology, Communications, Health and related services, Automotive, Broadcasting, Business, Hospitality and Tourism amongst others
Application Portal: Online application
Application Fee: 100 CAD
- Transcripts in English of previously attended institutions.
- Test Scores of recognized tests like TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, etc.
- Financial documents
- Letters of recommendation (2-3 from Academic professionals)
- Health Insurance
- Passport Id pages showing relevant information about the applicant.
- Personal essay/SOP (recommended)
Niagara College Graduate Admissions
Niagara College offers certificate courses in areas of Advanced Care Paramedic, Advanced Law Enforcement and Investigations, Artisan Distilling. The college does not offer any graduate degree programs.
Application Portal: Online
Application Fee: 100 CAD
General Admission Requirements:
- Completed Admission Application and payment of application fees
- Transcripts of previous academic qualifications in English duly validated by the credential evaluation agencies.
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Standardized test scores of GMAT/GRE as per the program.
- Letters of Reference
- Financial documents
- Passport ID pages
Some of the graduate certificate programs along with tuition fee is mentioned below:
|Certificate Course||Tuition Fee (CAD)|
|Environmental Management and Assessment||16628.55|
The college can be contacted at
International Office: S100,
100 Niagara College Blvd,
Niagara college usually takes 2-3 weeks in processing the applications and the documents. Applicants are expected to keep a close track of their applications and accept their offers within the mentioned deadlines. Students, meeting all the requirements and timelines along with an average academic profile, can easily achieve success in getting admission at Niagara college