Saveetha Medical College, Chennai was established in the year 2008. The college is affiliated to Saveetha University and is recognized by Medical Council of India. The courses offered by Saveetha Medical College are B.Sc., MBBS., MD/MS, MSc., Integrated MD/MS/M.Sc. with Ph.D., D.Sc. and Ph.D. at the UG, PG and research level.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for B.Sc. and MBBS is 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board and selection is done purely on basis of merit.
- Admission to MBBS is done through NEET UG score.
- Applicants to M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc with Ph.D., MD/MS and Integrated MD./MS with Ph.D. courses must hold an MBBS degree.
- Admissions to MD/MS and Integrated MD/MS with Ph.D. course is done on basis of the scores obtained in NEET PG.
- Admissions to M.Sc. and integrated M.Sc. are done purely on basis of merit followed by personal interview.
- To secure admission in the Ph.D. program, the applicant must have a valid score in the Entrance test held at the college.
- For admission to D.Sc. program, the candidate must participate in the interactive session organized by the institute.
- Applicants must visit the college website/premises to download/collect the application.
Highlights of Saveetha Medical College, Chennai Admissons
|Name of the College||Saveetha Medical College, Chennai|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit and entrance based|
|Name of Entrance||NEET UG (for MBBS) NEET PG (for MD/MS)|
Saveetha Medical College Admission Schedule 2019
|Course Name||Admission Start Date (tentative)||Admission End Date (tentative)|
|B.Sc. Allied Health Science and MBBS||February 10, 2019||June 30, 2019|
|MSc., Integrated MSc with Ph.D., MD/MS and Integrated MD./MS with Ph.D.||February 10, 2019||July 31, 2019|
|Ph.D. and D.Sc.||April 4, 2019||Third Week of July|
Saveetha Medical College B.Sc. and MBBS Admission 2019
Saveetha Medical College offers B.Sc in Allied Health Science and MBBS courses at the UG level. The minimum eligibility criteria for taking admission in these courses require the candidate to have scored minimum 50% marks in 10+2 with the required subjects.
Admission to B.Sc is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination followed by a counselling/personal interview. Admission to MBBS is done on the valid score of NEET UG.
|Courses||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B.Sc.||Allied Health Science||10+2 with minimum 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology) as the subjects.||Merit-based followed by counselling/ personal interview|
|MBBS||-||10+2 with minimum 50% marks (with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English as the subjects)||NEET UG score followed by counselling|
- Candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- An applicant looking for admission in B.Sc. Group II must score at least 60% marks in 10+2.
- The total intake for MBBS program is 150 students.
Saveetha Medical College M.Sc. and MD/MS Admission 2019
Saveetha Medical College offers admission to M.Sc and MD/MS programs to the candidates with MBBS degree from a recognized institute with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Final selection of the candidates in MD/MS course is based on the scores obtained in NEET PG score. Selection in M.Sc is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination followed by personal interview.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|M.Sc.||Anatomy||MBBS or equivalent degree in the required field from an Institute recognized by Medical Council of India.||Merit-based followed by personal interview|
|MD||Anesthesiology||MBBS degree with 50% marks in aggregate from an Institute recognized by Medical Council of India||NEET PG score|
|TB and Pulmonary Medicine|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology|
- Candidates looking for admission in MD/MS must complete their CRRI (Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship) on or before March 31, 2019.
- The total intake for MD and MS course is 8 and 5 respectively.
Saveetha Medical College Integrated M.Sc and MD/MS with Ph.D. Admission 2019
The college offers admission to Integrated M.Sc with Ph.D. and Integrated MD/MS with Ph.D. program. The minimum eligibility to apply is an MBBS degree from a recognized medical institute with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Final selection of the candidates in Integrated MD/MS with Ph.D. is based on the score obtained in NEET PG. Selection in Integrated M.Sc with Ph.D. is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination followed by an interview.
|Course Name||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|Integrated M.Sc. with Ph.D.||MBBS or equivalent degree in the required field from an Institute recognized by Medical Council of India||Merit-based followed by personal interview|
|Integrated MD/MS with Ph.D.||MBBS with 50% marks in aggregate from an Institute recognized by Medical Council of India||NEET PG score|
Note: Candidates looking for admission in MD/MS with Ph.D. must complete their CRRI (Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship) on or before March 31, 2019.
Saveetha Medical College Ph.D. and D.Sc. Admission 2019
Saveetha College offers Ph.D. and D.Sc at the doctoral level. Ph.D. is offered in 3 categories:
- Full-time Ph.D. program
- Part-time (internal)
- Part-time (external)
To secure admission in Ph.D. program, candidates must have a Master’s degree to be eligible. For admission in D.Sc., the candidates should have completed one year of Ph.D. degree from a recognized university.
Final selection of the candidates in Ph.D. is based on an Entrance test held at the college. Selection in D.Sc is done on the basis of an interactive session conducted by D.Sc expert committee at the Department of Research.
|Course Name||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|Ph.D.||Master’s degree from a recognized university||Entrance Test followed by a Personal Interview|
|D.Sc.||Ph.D. from a recognized institute||On the basis of interactive session held at the college|
- Candidates with LL.M and MBA degrees are also eligible for Ph.D. admission.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Nursing, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Veterinary Sciences and Basic Medical Sciences are also eligible for admission in Ph.D.
Saveetha Medical College Application Process 2019
The application process for Saveetha Medical College, Chennai is offline. The application form can also be downloaded from the official website of the college.
However, candidates seeking admission in MBBS and MD/MS must register themselves for the relevant Entrance Exams through their respective official website.
Application fee details
Candidates can obtain the application form for B.Sc and M.Sc by visiting the college or through post by a DD of the required application fee in favor of “Saveetha Medical College”, payable at Chennai. Application form for Ph.D. and D.Sc can be obtained through a DD in favor of “Saveetha University”, payable at Chennai. Details of the application fee for the courses are given below:
|Course Name||Amount (in person)||Amount (by post)|
Candidates must submit the following documents to the college office and must carry the originals documents for final admission procedures during Personal Interview/ Counselling/ Interactive Session held at the Institute.
- 10th and 10+2 mark sheet along with the passing certificate
- Migration and Character Certificate
- MBBS Degree Mark Sheet (for MD/MS)
- Attempt Certificate from First to Final Graduation Course Examination
- Internship Completion Certificate (for MD/MS)
- Registration Certificate issued by MCI/State Medical Council (for MD/MS)
- ID Proof (Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence)
- PG Degree Mark Sheet (for Ph.D.)
- Ph.D. Degree (for D.Sc.)
- Caste certificate (OBC/ SC/ ST)
- Entrance Exam Admit Card
- Entrance Exam Fee Receipt
- Entrance Exam Score Card
- Proof of annual income of Parents from all sources (in the case of Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) quota candidates & SC candidates
- 4 Passport Sized Photographs
- 4 Stamp Sized Photographs
- Medical Certificate
- Nationality certificate
- Passport & Visa (for foreign studies)
- Certificate of Vaccination against Hepatitis-B (for M.Sc.)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College