M.S. Engineering College (MSEC), Bangalore rated amongst the Top 20 Engineering Institute in Karnataka and Top 100 Best Engineering Colleges in India 2017 by Career Connect Magazine. MSEC offers degree and doctoral programs in the discipline of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Machine Design and many more. Admission is done on the merit-based and cutoff criteria of the institute.
M.S. Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2002 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘B++’ Grade|
State: KCET/ PGCET/ COMEDK UGET
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online & Offline | INR 1000|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, Oracle, Dell, IBM, Bosch, Global edge, Ecolab, Microland, HP, Tech Mahindra|
|Campus Area||25 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, Gymnasium, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 93433 99909|
|Address||Off. Bangalore International Airport,
Bangalore - 562 110
M.S. Engineering College Rankings
- MSEC is recognized by Infosys as an Advanced Partner Institute for the year 2017.
- Ranked as Best Engineering Colleges of India 2017 by Career Connect Magazine.
- Ranked amongst 30 Best Private Engineering Colleges in Karnataka 2017.
- Ranked among 20 Most Promising Educational Institutions in Karnataka by Higher Education Review Magazine 2016.
- Recognized as “Silicon India Education College” of the year 2015 for its contribution in Research and Development.
M.S. Engineering College Courses
MSEC Bangalore offers UG, PG and Ph.D. Courses in the discipline of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Machine Design and many more. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.E||Specialization: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English + Obtained a valid score in KCET/ COMEDK UGET
Duration: 4 years
|B.Com||Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognized university
Duration: 3 years
|M.Tech||Specialization: Computer Science & Engineering, VLSI & Embedded System, Machine Design
Eligibility: B.E/ B.Tech with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in GATE/ PGCET
Duration: 2 years
|Ph.D||Specialization: Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Eligibility: Master’s degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks
Duration: 3 years
M.S. Engineering College Admission
Admission can be done through online or offline mode.
How to Apply?
The candidates can fill the application form online or download it from the website. Take a print out of the same and submit it to the institute. The application fee for the same is INR 1,000.
|Course||Entrance Test||Read more|
|B.E||COMEDK UGET||Click here|
Check: MSEC Bangalore Admission
M.S. Engineering College Placement
The Training & Placement Cell at MSEC aims to inculcate among students, the skills required by the industry. The training is a combination of learning and executing. Training for the students starts right from the 1st Semester of their course, which includes Aptitude, Technical and Soft Skills. A separate curriculum is designed for training, as per the students’ needs. Experts from various sectors are invited to the campus to interact with students and keep them updated about the recent trends in the industry. Some of the potential recruiters are Infosys, Oracle, Dell, IBM, Bosch, Global edge, Ecolab, Microland, HP, Tech Mahindra, Mphasis, Zen Technologies, Prime Focus, etc.
M.S. Engineering College Facilities
Library: The college library is a gateway to a world of Information. The Staff and students have unlimited access to a wealth of Information found in resources like books, magazines, Journals, Hand Books, Annual reports and the Internet. In addition, the library offers spacious seating arrangements and a calm ambiance for learning.
Games & Sports: The students are encouraged to choose any game of interest. For the overall development of the students indoor & outdoor sports facilities are also provided.
- Outdoor Sports like BasketBall, Volleyball, HandBall, etc.
- Indoor Sports like Table Tennis, Carrom, Gymnasium, and Chess, etc.
Auditorium: A well-furnished auditorium that can accommodate more than 300 students. The auditorium is routinely used for guest lectures, technical seminars, pre-placement training and extra-curricular activities.
Transportation: The institute has a well-scheduled transport system. It operates 20 buses from different parts of Bangalore. About 1500 Students and 150 staff are using the facility. In addition to the regular buses, one shuttle service bus has been provided from Sadahalli Gate to College and back, free of cost to help the students to reach on time.
M.S. Engineering College Faculty
MSEC Bangalore has a large and diverse faculty of highly qualified and accomplished individuals. The entire faculty is extremely experienced and well versed in their subject matters. All members of the faculty are very cooperative towards the students and always encourage them to ask questions and clarify their concepts as much as they can, by being available to students even outside lectures and classes.
Check: MSEC Bangalore Faculty
M.S. Engineering College FAQs
Ques. Does M.S. Engineering College provide scholarships?
Ans. M.S. Engineering College provides the following scholarships to students:
- Social welfare scholarship for SC/ ST/ OBC
- Beedi Workers Welfare Fund
- Ex-Defense Person Children’s Scholarship
- Tailors and Meerans Charitable Trust Scholarship
- Defense Personal Children’s Educational Condition
- B.B.M.P Scholarship
- Municipal Scholar
- Minority Scholarship from Karnataka State
- Seetharam Jindal Foundation Scholarship
- Students with Physical Disabilities
- Overseas Students
Ques. How are the hostel facilities of M.S. Engineering College?
Ans. M.S. Engineering College has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls and is equipped with all modern amenities. The boy’s hostel rooms are very spacious & well furnished. The hostel has an intake capacity of 300 students. The girl’s hostel has an intake capacity of 100 students. The hostel has been monitored by security personnel 24/7.
Check: MSEC Bangalore Hostel Fees
Ques. What are the jobs with the average salary offered to M.Tech graduates?
Ans. The following table shows the list of popular job profiles for MTech graduates:
|Designation||Average Salary (INR)|
|Computer Science Engineers||INR 3 LPA|
|Assistance Engineers||INR 3 LPA|
|Executive Engineers||INR 9 LPA|
|Software Engineers||INR 5 LPA|
|Mechanical Engineers||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Electronics Engineers||INR 1.9 LPA|
|Mining Engineers||INR 8 LPA|
|Electronics and Communication Engineers||INR 3 LPA|
Check: M.Tech Course
Ques. Can I be employed during my course?
Ans. No, these are full-time programs. You will not be able to take on any paid employment through the duration of the program.
Ques. Why should I choose M.S. Engineering College?
Ans. The key benefits of choosing M.S. Engineering College is as follows:
- MSED Incubation Cell with 10 companies incubated with support from DST, Govt. of India under the IEDC Scheme.
- Developed and Commercialized India’s First VLSI Design Software AARON and Nanoelectronics Software NanoCYM.
- MSEC holds 30 patents and is successful in commercializing 5 of these patents to entrepreneurial products.
- MSEC has received Govt. of Karnataka’s most prestigious grant from VGST, for “Centre of Excellence-Underwater Sensing” and “Centre for Innovation-Real Time Virtual Lab”.
- Skill Development Cell provides 7 levels of certification while learning to all our students
- Placements in top MNCs & Core companies.
- Qualified and Experienced faculty members bridge the gap between industry & academia
- VTUs knowledge partner for VLSI and Embedded Systems Design under Mission VTU Empower 10K.