KMAT 2018 Registration, Exam Date, Syllabus, Result
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is an All India level management entrance test, conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). This exam is held to screen candidates for MBA, PGDM, and MCA programmes. KMAT Score is applicable to 169+ University-affiliated B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka. KMAT 2018 is scheduled to be conducted on July 22, 2018 in offline mode.
KMAT 2018 Registration is begin from June 07, 2018 till July 10, 2018. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (minimum 50%) can apply at the official website (kmatindia.com). KMAT Application Fee is INR 800.
- KMAT 2018 will be held in more than 10 cities and is open to all candidates from India and Abroad.
- The exam has 120 MCQs, divided in 3 sections- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Ability; Logical Reasoning and General Awareness.
- The total test duration is 120 minutes without any sectional time limit.
- Candidates are allowed to switch from one section to other within the overall time limit.
KMAT 2018 Highlights Table
|Exam Name||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|Courses Offered||MBA, PGDM, and MCA|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of KMAT 2018||Offline|
|Duration of KMAT 2018||120 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Number of Seats||110,000|
Why apply for KMAT?
Here are some salient benefits of taking KMAT Karnataka:
- Scores of KMAT are accepted by 169+ AICTE-approved University-affiliated MBA Institutes in Bangalore & Rest of Karnataka.
- Candidates from any part of India who meet the eligibility criteria can take this test in all parts of India.
- Karnataka, the Silicon Valley of India and No 1 Destination for MBA/PGDM, is a vibrant job market.
- Easy and affordable exam application process with sharing of KMAT scores with selected B-schools of your choice/scores
- Ease of test-taking in a conventional Paper-Pencil mode in a city near you.
Exam Dates for KMAT 2018
While the official notification for KMAT 2018 is yet to release, given below are the expected dates:
|KMAT 2018 Online Application||June 7, 2018 - July 10, 2018|
|Availability of KMAT 2018 Admit card||July 17, 2018|
|KMAT 2018 Exam Date||July 22, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of KMAT Result||July 31, 2018|
Who Can Apply for KMAT 2018?
Candidates can seek admissions to post-graduate programmes such as MBA, MCA or PGDM through KMAT 2018. KMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
- Age: The minimum age required for admissions to post graduate programme through KMAT 2018 is 21 years. There is no specific upper age limit to apply for the course.
- Academic Qualification: The academic qualification varies for different programmes. Candidates should satisfy KMAT 2018 eligibility according to the course they are applying for per the UGC guidelines.
The minimum marks required for different courses is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration. or Master’s degree examination of any recognised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, with at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidate).
- Candidates in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
- Candidates must have Bachelor's degree with 50% marks.
- Candidates must have Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
Read complete KMAT Eligibility
Registration for KMAT 2018
KMAT 2018 Application Form will be available in the month of April 2018. Candidates have to register themselves online for the exam. KPPGCA conducts the examination in the offline mode.
The steps related to KMAT 2018 registration are explained below in detail:
|Step 1||Prepare a Demand Draft of INR 800 in favour of "KMAT 2018"|
DD should be payable at Bangalore
DD can be prepared at any Nationalized Bank.
After preparing Demand Draft (DD) login to www.kmatindia.com website
Click on ‘Apply Now’ link and fill in all the details.
Take Print out of filled application form.
Paste a recent Passport Size Photo and Sign in the Signature space provided.
Keep a photocopy of the Application Form and DD as an acknowledgment.
Take note of Application Number before you post the form.
Post or courier the application form along with the Original DD to the below address:
The Secretary- KMAT 2018
Seshadripuram First Grade College C A
Site No 26, Yelahanka New Town
KMAT 2018 Application Fee
- A demand draft of INR 800 must be drawn from any nationalized bank by candidates before KMAT 2018 registration.
- The application fee is same for all categories and is non-refundable. Exam fee is refundable only in case paid twice for the same course.
- Candidates who want to take up both the MBA and the MCA test will have register for each test separately.
Download KMAT 2018 Admit Card
KMAT 2018 Admit Card will be available from July 17, 2018. Candidates can download the admit card only from the official website of KMAT. The admit card for KMAT 2018 will not be sent by post. Every applicant needs to come at the examination centre with their admit card to avoid inability of sit for the exam.
Steps to download the admit card of KMAT is as follows:
- Open KMAT 2018 Official website
- Login using your Registered Id and password.
- The profile page will contain link for KMAT 2018 Admit Card
- Click on the link and download admit card.
KMAT admit card will contain details such as Candidates name, sign, exam centre details, photo, time and date of the exam, roll number, reporting time, etc. Candidates will have to paste passport size photograph as uploaded during registration in the space provided in the admit card.
KMAT Exam Centers 2018
KMAT 2018 will be conductedacross the country in Bagalkot ,Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Davangere, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi. Test organizers reserve the right to withdraw any center or add any new center.
KMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- KMAT 2018 exam will be conducted on July 22, 2018 .
- The exam is of objective nature, divided into 3 sections.
- The exam has a total 120 questions, each carrying 1 marks.
- No restriction to move to and fro within the sections.
- There is no sectional time limit in the exam.
KMAT Sectional Exam Pattern for MBA and MCA
|1||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40|
Section-wise KMAT 2018 Syllabus
KMAT is generally of a moderate level of difficulty. The exam will have MCQs only. No change in the syllabus for KMAT 2018 has been notified as yet. The section-wise syllabus is as follows-
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- English language ability has questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc.
- Questions to check language skills, understanding the contents of the passages and appropriate words, phrases, expressions.
- This shall include the passages with questions based on their contents to test comprehension.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
- This section measures how quickly and accurately can one think.
- The section may have questions in sets as well individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
- This section is of matriculation standard.
- It includes questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed etc. The questions will also be based on Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and parts of mathematics.
- This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
Check complete KMAT Syllabus
KMAT Preparation Books
Some reference books a candidate can refer to while preparing for KMAT 2018 are as follows:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Quantitative Ability||O P Sinhal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination||Guha|
|Mathematics for MBA||R S Agarwal|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability||Wren and Marten|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||TIME|
Check KMAT 2018 Results
Candidates can check their scorecard through online mode only. No scorecards are sent through post or email to any candidate individually. Candidates must retain their KMAT score card carefully till the admission process is over.
Steps to Check KMAT Result
- Open the official website i.e. kmatindia.com.
- Click on the link “ KMAT 2018 result”
- Fill up details about Roll number and Date of birth
- Submit the correct details
- Download the score card
KMAT 2018 Cut Off
The cut off marks are released by participating institutes individually. This list includes the minimum marks to be secured by the candidates to become eligible for admission. Only those who satisfy the cut off requirements are scheduled for further admission rounds.
Cut off marks for KMAT 2018 will be affected by the number of seats available, the difficulty level of the paper, number of candidates appearing in the exam and passing it.
KMAT 2018 Counselling
- Candidates who have scored marks equal to or greater than the cut off marks are eligible to participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates who wish to participate in KMAT counselling must check the official schedule on the website.
- Those selected for the counselling process will get a counselling letter.
- Original as well as a photocopy of the letter must be brought by the candidate during the counselling.
Documents to carry during KMAT 2018 Counselling
- Original mark sheets
- Caste Certificate
- Exam score card
- Passport size photograph
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College