KMAT 2018 Registration (Started), Exam Date, Syllabus
KMAT 2018 is scheduled for August 5 (revised) in offline mode (pen-paper based). The registration window closes on July 25, apply online at www.kmatindia.com. The state level exam is held to screen candidates for MBA, PGDM, and MCA programs.
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test or KMAT is a management entrance test, conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). KMAT Score is applicable to 169+ University-affiliated B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka. From this year onwards, a Bachelor’s degree (minimum 50%) holder from outside Karnataka can also apply for the examination.
|KMAT Eligibility 2018||KMAT 2018 Registration||KMAT Syllabus 2018||KMAT Result 2018|
- The exam will be conducted in more than 10 cities.
- Registration is open to all candidates from India and Abroad.
- 120 MCQs divided in 3 sections- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning & General Awareness.
- Total duration is 120 minutes without any sectional time limit.
- No restrictions to move to and fro among the sections.
Highlights of KMAT 2018
|Exam Name||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|Courses Offered||MBA, PGDM, and MCA|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of KMAT 2018||Offline|
|Number of Seats||110,000|
|Helpline No. | Email ID||+91 9513270139/ 1046 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Why apply for KMAT?
Here are some salient benefits of taking KMAT Karnataka:
Exam Dates for KMAT 2018
The exam schedule for KMAT Karnataka 2018 has revised, the updated dates are given below:
|KMAT 2018 Online Application||June 7 – July 25, 2018|
|Availability of KMAT 2018 Admit card||August 3, 2018|
|KMAT 2018 Exam Date||August 5, 2018 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of KMAT Result||August 15, 2018|
Who Can Apply for KMAT 2018?
Candidates can seek admissions to post-graduate programmes such as MBA, MCA or PGDM through KMAT 2018. Check the eligibility below:
- Age: The minimum age required for admissions to post graduate program through KMAT 2018 is 21 years. There is no specific upper age limit to apply for the course.
- Academic Qualification: The academic qualification varies for different programs. Candidates should satisfy KMAT 2018 eligibility according to the course they are applying for per the UGC guidelines.
The minimum marks required for different courses are mentioned below:
- A Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration. or Master’s degree examination of any recognised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, with at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidate).
- Candidates in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree with 50% marks.
- Candidates must have Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
Read complete KMAT Eligibility
Registration for KMAT 2018
KMAT 2018 Online applications are available on the official portal of KMAT i.e. kmatindia.com. The last date to apply online is July 25 @12pm. Direct Link – Click Here
The steps related to KMAT 2018 registration are explained below in detail:
|Step 1||Prepare a Demand Draft of INR 800 in favour of "KMAT 2018"|
DD should be payable at Bangalore
DD can be prepared at any Nationalized Bank.
After preparing Demand Draft (DD) login to www.kmatindia.com website
Click on ‘Apply Now’ link and fill in all the details.
Take Print out of filled application form.
Paste a recent Passport Size Photo and Sign in the Signature space provided.
Keep a photocopy of the Application Form and DD as an acknowledgment.
Take note of Application Number before you post the form.
Post or courier the application form along with the Original DD to the below address:
The Secretary- KMAT 2018
Seshadripuram First Grade College C A
Site No 26, Yelahanka New Town
KMAT 2018 Application Fee
- A demand draft of INR 800 must be drawn from any nationalized bank by candidates before KMAT 2018 registration.
- The application fee is same for all categories and is non-refundable.
- Exam fee is refundable only in case paid twice for the same course.
- Candidates who want to take up both MBA and the MCA test will have register for each test separately.
Download KMAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who have registered successfully can download their KMAT 2018 Admit Card from August 3, 2018. Candidates can download the admit card only from the official website of KMAT. Make note that the admission/ e-ticket will not be sent by post. Every applicant needs to report at the examination centre with their admit card to avoid cancellation of candidature.
Steps to download the admit card of KMAT is as follows:
Step 1: Open KMAT 2018 Official website
Step 2: Login using your Registered Id and password.
Step 3: The profile page will contain the link for KMAT 2018 Admit Card
Step 4: Click on the link and download admit card.
KMAT Exam Centers 2018
- KMAT 2018 will be conducted across India.
- Test organizers reserve the right to withdraw any center or add any new center.
The following map indicates various test centers for the Karnataka Management Aptitude Test.
KMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- KMAT 2018 exam will be conducted on August 5, 2018.
- The exam is of objective nature, divided into 3 sections.
- The exam comprises 120 questions, each carrying 1 marks.
- No restriction to move to and fro within the sections.
- There is no sectional time limit in the exam.
KMAT Sectional Exam Pattern for MBA and MCA
|1||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40|
Section-wise KMAT 2018 Syllabus
KMAT is generally of a moderate level of difficulty. The exam will have MCQs only. No change in the syllabus for KMAT 2018 has been notified as yet. The section-wise syllabus is as follows-
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- English language ability has questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc.
- Questions to check language skills, understanding the contents of the passages and appropriate words, phrases, expressions.
- This shall include the passages with questions based on their contents to test comprehension.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
- This section measures how quickly and accurately can one think.
- The section may have questions in sets as well as individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
- This section is of matriculation standard.
- It includes questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed etc. The questions will also be based on Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and parts of mathematics.
- This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
Check complete KMAT Syllabus
KMAT Preparation Books
Some reference books a candidate can refer to while preparing for KMAT 2018 are as follows:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Quantitative Ability||O P Sinhal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination||Guha|
|Mathematics for MBA||R S Agarwal|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability||Wren and Marten|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||TIME|
KMAT 2018 Results
Candidates can check their scorecard through online mode only. No scorecards are sent through post or email to any candidate individually. Candidates must retain their KMAT score card carefully till the admission process is over.
Steps to Check KMAT Result
Step 1: Open the official website i.e. kmatindia.com.
Step 2: Click on the link “ KMAT 2018 result”
Step 3: Fill up details about Roll number and Date of birth
Step 4: Submit the correct details
Step 5: Download the score card
KMAT 2018 Cut Off
The cut off marks are released by participating institutes individually. This list includes the minimum marks to be secured by the candidates to become eligible for admission. Only those who satisfy the cut off requirements are scheduled for further admission rounds.
Cut off marks for KMAT 2018 will be affected by the number of seats available, the difficulty level of the paper, number of candidates appearing in the exam and passing it.
KMAT 2018 Counselling
- Candidates who have scored marks equal to or greater than the cut off marks are eligible to participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates who wish to participate in KMAT counselling must check the official schedule on the website.
- Those selected for the counselling process will get a counselling letter.
- Original as well as a photocopy of the letter must be brought by the candidate during the counselling.
Documents to carry during KMAT 2018 Counselling
- Original mark sheets
- Caste Certificate
- Exam score card
- Passport size photographs
- Photo ID proof
KMAT 2018 FAQs
Ques. Which are the topmost B-schools that will accept KMAT scores?
Ans. For this year, the scores will be accepted by more than 169 + well-known AICTE – approved
University-affiliated B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka. A few of the leading institutions include
- Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS),
- Alliance University,
- IFIM Business School,
- MP Birla Institute,
- M.S. Ramaiah,
- Mount Carmel, and many more.
Ques. Can I select more than 1 exam center for KMAT 2018?
Ans. No, candidates can only select one KMAT Exam Center.
Ques. After making the payment of application fee, can I get a refund for the same if I am not able to appear for the examination?
Ans. No, the examination fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. But, in case you have paid twice for the same course, you will surely get a refund.
Ques. In case of any problem in KMAT like registration, non-receipt of unique ID on mail, downloading of scorecard etc, whom should I contact?
Ans. In any of the cases mentioned above, you must immediately contact KMAT Helpline No. +91 9513270139/ 1046 and/ draft an email to email@example.com.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College