Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute [VJTI] is one of the oldest engineering colleges in Asia, established in 1887. The institute offers UG, PG, Diploma, and doctoral courses. Admission to B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA, and Ph.D. is based on entrance exams like MHT CET, GATE, MAH MCA CET, and UGC NET. Admission in Diploma courses is based on merit secured in the last qualifying examination. Admission rounds are known as CAPAI (Centralised Admission Process to Autonomous Institutes). The application process is conducted in online mode.
VJTI was ranked #4 in zone wise ranking by India Today and #84 by MHRD among the top 100 engineering colleges in India in 2016. Looking at the 2018-19 placements the highest salary package offered was INR 36 LPA. Some of the top recruiters were Infosys, PWC, L&T, Capgemini, Samsung, Deloitte, Siemens, Wipro, Reliance, Amazon, BYJUs, EY, etc.
Read More: VJTI Mumbai Results
VJTI Mumbai Highlights
|Established | Type||1887 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Courses offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA, Ph.D., Diploma|
|Entrance Exam||MHT CET, GATE, MAH MCA CET, and UGC NET|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
VJTI Mumbai Courses
VJTI Mumbai offers technical courses for UG, PG, Diploma, and Ph.D. At an undergraduate level, it offers B.Tech in 9 specializations. For post-graduation, the college offers M.Tech in 9 specializations and MCA. The following table enlists all the courses of VJTI along with their specializations, eligibility, and selection criteria:
|B.Tech||Specializations: Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Textile Engineering, and Information Technology
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Candidates should have scored more than 50% in 10+2 examinations from a recognized board of education.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (MHT-CET)
|M.Tech||Specializations: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Production Engineering, Project Management, Automobile Engineering, Software Engineering, and Structural Engineering
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Candidates should have scored more than 50% in BTech/ BE from any AICTE recognized College/ University.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (GATE/ MAH-CET)
|MCA||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: A Bachelor's Degree in any discipline recognized by UGC with at least 50% marks.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (MAH-MCA-CET)
|Ph.D.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: A Bachelor's and a Master's Degree in the concerned specialization.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (UGC-NET/ PET/ CSIR/ JRF)
|Diploma (Polytechnic)||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations from a recognized board of education.
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Check here: VJTI Mumbai Fees
VJTI Mumbai Admission
Admission in VJTI Mumbai to most of the programs is entrance based through a predetermined process conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra. Candidates have to register themselves for the Centralised admission process (CAP) which is also controlled by DTE, Maharashtra. The eligible candidates have to go through the Common Entrance Test (CET). Admission to the college is based on the merit secured in CET.
How to Apply?
- Candidates have to visit the official website [http://cetcell.mahacet.org] for the registration process in the desired specialization.
- Candidates have to fill all the required information and documents for successful registration.
- Submit the application fees then download and print the CET bank challan.
- An admit card will be issued to all the eligible candidates with all the details about the entrance test.
- After the CET, VJTI will issue a merit list for all the courses. Students, whose marks are per the merit list must visit the college with all the documents for further admission process.
Read more: VJTI Mumbai Admission
VJTI Mumbai Cutoff
MHT-CET 2018 Cut Off Round 1
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||148|
|B.Tech Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||138|
|B.Tech Electrical Engineering||142|
|B.Tech Information Technology||151|
|B.Tech Computer Engineering||155|
|B.Tech Textile Engineering||107|
|B.Tech Production Engineering||118|
|B.Tech Electronics Engineering||126|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||158|
Read more: VJTI Mumbai Cut off
VJTI Mumbai Placement
Looking at the 2018-19 placement records more than 94% of students were placed with the highest salary package of INR 36 LPA and an average salary package of INR 6.5 LPA. A total of 234 companies visited campus placements. Mass recruiters in the year 2018-19 included companies like- Infosys Ltd., Samsung Research India, Capgemini, Wipro, Maharashtra Metrorail Corporation, Ambuja Cement, Reliance Industries Ltd.
Read more: VJTI Mumbai Placement
VJTI Mumbai Scholarship
- Government of India Scholarship and B.C. Freeship
- Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship For the year 2020-21 (All over Maharashtra 100 students)
- Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana
- Pandit Dindayal Upadhiyayay Swadhar Yojana
- Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulka Shishyavrutti Yojana
- Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojana
- State and Central Minority Scholarship
- Primary/ Secondary School Teacher Concession Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
- Financial Assistance to Meritorious Students (FMS)
- Government of India Handicapped Scholarship
- Earn While learning Scheme
- Schindler Scholarship to 1st years for EC & TC Mechanical Electrical, Electronics Degree.
- Katalyst Girls Students Scholarship
- Young Engineer Scholarship for the year 2020-21
- ATE Scholarship for First-Year Textile Students with Degree and Diploma
- Government of India Scholarship and BC Freeship Approved List
- Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation
- Notice for inviting Applications for Sir Ness Wadia Foundation's Scholarship Referral Program
Read more: VJTI Mumbai Reviews
VJTI Mumbai Facilities
- Hostel: The college has hostels for both boys and girls with all the basic amenities and mess services.
- Library: While you will be expected to buy some of your course materials, VJTI provides a range of specialist resources to support your studies and enhance your learning experience.
- Cooperative Stores: The institute has a cooperative store that sells stationery, folders, instrument-boxes, calculators, floppies, tool-sets, drafting equipment, and other tools and supplies required by the students.
- Institute Canteen: The canteen is open on all the five working days offering a variety of food items to students at subsidized rates.
- NCC: The Institute has five Maharashtra EME COY NCC units to provide NCC training to the students and NCC cadets are sent for military training as well as to the various all India trekking and leadership camps.
Read More: VJTI Mumbai Hostel
VJTI Mumbai FAQs
Ques. Does VJTI Mumbai offer internships to students?
Ques. Is there any Institute/ Management quota at VJTI Mumbai?
Ques. Is there any state reservation for Maharashtra students at VJTI Mumbai?
Ques. How is the faculty of VJTI Mumbai?
Ques. What is the fee for the B.Tech course at VJTI Mumbai?