Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI) was established in 1887 and offers various academic courses in B.tech, M.tech, MCA, Diploma and Ph.D. Admission to most of the programs are entrance based through a predetermined process conducted by DTE, Maharashtra. Counselling is through an online Centralised Admission process (CAP).
Some seats are reserved for other states students as well which constitutes 15% of total seats and the other 85% are reserved for Maharashtra students. There is no management quota in the institutes, students have to clear the minimum qualification criteria.
- For B.Tech, the candidates need to have passed 10+2 and qualify for MHT-CET.
- For M.Tech, the candidates must have a B.Tech/BE Degree with the valid score in GATE.
- For MCA, the candidate needs to have a bachelor's degree in BCA and a valid score in MAH-MCA-CET.
- For the admission in Ph.D candidates must have a valid degree and qualify either GATE or CSIR or UGC-NET or JRF. Upon selection the students have to appear for a written test and an interview.
The institute is approved by AICTE and accredited by the NBA. VJTI is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It is a private, autonomous institute which was granted financial and academic autonomy in 2004.
It ranked #4 in zone wise ranking by India Today and #84 by MHRD among the top 100 engineering colleges in India in 2016.
Highest Package of the institute in 2019 was INR 5.40 LPA while the median stands at INR 3.85 LPA. Institute witnessed the lowest package of INR 3.00 LPA.
VJTI Mumbai Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of the Institute||Veermata Jijabai Technology Institute|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Type||Private autonomous Institute|