MYRA School of Business is an innovatively designed business school established in 2012 at Mysore under the aegis of the Mysore Royal Academy (MYRA). MYRA offers an AICTE approved and innovatively designed Master’s program that offers an unparalleled opportunity for students to embrace and lead change. The program is designed to meet the needs of the changing business landscape, helping create business professionals of tomorrow.
MYRA brings faculty from premier B-Schools of the world such as IIMs in India, Universities of US (Penn State University, Texas A&M University, Arizona State University, New York University, University of North Texas and more), Universities of Europe (University of Cambridge, Cranfield University, London Business School and more) to bridge the quality gap in Indian business education with a global curriculum – MYRA offers a truly international learning experience in India.
MYRA School of Business Highlights
|Affiliation||AICTE recognized PGDM|
|Admission Criteria||CAT/ MET (MYRA Entrance Test)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
MYRA School of Business Rankings
- IIRF 2021:
- Ranked 9th Vision Ranking (India).
- Ranked 34th Best B-Schools (South).
- Ranked 39th National Cluster Rank (India).
- IIRF 2020:
- Ranked 55th B-Schools Ranking (India)
- Ranked A+++ among Best B-Schools of India 2020 by Business India.
- Awarded “Best Education Brands” by The Economic Times 2017.
MYRA School of Business Courses
MYRA offers a PGDM program under the following streams:
Course: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Major Specializations: General Management, Marketing & Strategy, Finance & Accounting
- Minor Specializations: OB & HR, Analytics & Data Science, Operations Management, Entrepreneurship
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in CAT/ CMAT/ XAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ NMAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ MET.
- Duration: 2 years
Note: MYRA School of Business helps companies and professionals gain access to the knowledge and expertise from MSB through their Executive Education Program.
Read More MYRA School of Business Courses and Fees
MYRA School of Business Admissions
The B-School offers a PGDM course. To apply for the course, candidates need to fill either online or offline applications which are mentioned below.
For Online Applications
- Go to the official website of MYRA School of Business
- Select the program of your choice available under the “Programmes” tab.
- Now click on the “Apply Online” link.
- Sign in using your email id and password.
- Now proceed to fill in all the requested details
- After filling, pay the required amount of application fee through Online Payment Gateway/Demand Draft/Electronic wire Transfer.
For Offline Applications
- Go to the official website of the MSB, Mysore
- Under the “Programmes” tab, select the course for which you want to apply
- Now click on the link of “Download Application Form”
- After downloading, fill the form with all the mandatory details.
Read More MYRA School of Business Admissions
MYRA School of Business Placements
The B-School make all the efforts to get its student placed in top-notch companies. Students are trained from the beginning of their entry into the professional world. Top Recruiters are Acer, HDFC Bank, Gartner, OYO, Zomato, CMS, Sonata, etc. To know more, click here
Given below is the Industry Wise Distribution of students placed for the last years (2018-2020):
|Placement Statistics||For the year 2018||For the year 2019||For the year 2020|
|Highest Salary||14 LPA||16 LPA||20 LPA|
|Average Salary||6 LPA||7.5 LPA||7.25 LPA|
|Number of Recruiters||26||23||---|
Read More MYRA School of Business Placements
MYRA School of Business Facilities
- Floating Classroom: The Executive Education classroom sits on a pool of flowing water. It is the only academic structure of its kind in the world. There are six Lecture Halls with Atrey Floating Auditorium. The auditorium is designed for optimum acoustics and equipped with state-of-the-art communication technologies.
- Outdoor Amphitheatre and Courtyard: An open-air green space in the heart of the building. While it is highly modern and minimalist in aesthetic – the idea of the courtyard draws from traditional South-Indian architecture. Joomla courtyard– the "mil Julke" place
- Fourteen Faculty Offices: Spread across two floors, the well-lit faculty offices provide optimum spaces for professor/student interactions.
- Library: The multi-storied library is a hallmark of the MYRA building. With sweeping windows, subscriptions to leading online resources, and thousands of books – it is the ideal place to study and conduct research.
- Administration block: MYRA staff work in this centrally located office – ensuring that student and faculty needs are met around the clock.
- Terrace: Located on the rooftop of the MYRA campus, the terrace provides a space to network with the top. With views of hills, forests, and the golden dome of the Infosys campus, it is an ideal place for networking events and cocktail receptions.
MYRA School of Business Faculty
MYRA School of Business faculty comprises a professionally qualified, richly experienced, diligent and dedicated team. The committed team creates a friendly training atmosphere enabling the novice to enjoy democratized freedom and cultivate desirable self-motivation and self-esteem. The institute has a total of 20 faculty members.
MYRA School of Business FAQs
Ques. How is MYRA Different from the rest of B-Schools?
Ans. MSB brings faculty from across the world including IIMs, NYU Stern, Texas A&M, University of Texas, Vlerick School of Business, and others to bridge the gap in Indian business education with a global curriculum – offering a truly international learning experience at the heart of heritage.
The school’s business education model has been developed in the context of the emerging need for a relook at current business education needs, given the rapidly growing focus on emerging market economies. The school’s learning model offers an equitable mix of individual attention, academic rigor, and experiential learning with a view to develop future leaders with the requisite energy and passion to help transform the business landscape. MSB strives to prepare its students for a world yet to be imagined, to manage markets that are yet to emerge, and to lead decisively in situations that cannot be predicted.
Ques. Can one apply for more than one specialization?
Ans. Yes. Every student can opt for a Major and Minor, and in special cases (where the student has proven academic records) a dual Major in the second year of study. Students can choose from 6 specializations offered in Marketing & Strategy, Finance & Accounting, Operations Management, Analytics & Data Science, HR & OB, and Entrepreneurship.
Ques. Does MYRA have any collaboration with foreign universities?
Ans. The International Student Exchange Programs at the MYRA School of Business are based on a vision to provide a greater understanding of cross-cultural trade and business practices and to promote the cultural interchange of ideas. Our exchange partner schools offer the opportunity to learn about business from a different perspective, experience another culture, and network with students, faculty, and professionals from around the world. These alliances present an excellent opportunity for students to live and study in various nations and gain a deeper understanding of international business dynamics.
The Study-Abroad Programs at the MSB are thus based on a vision to provide a greater understanding of cross-cultural trade and business practices and to promote the cultural interchange of ideas. These programs are designed to help students meet this marketplace requirement. Some of the schools are as follows:
- Catolica Lisbon School of Business and Economics (CLSBE)
- The University of Würzburg, Germany (UoW)
Ques. What is the residency requirement at MYRA Programs?
Ans. MYRA provides residential facilities for its students. However, it is not compulsory for students to stay on campus. Students are free to make their own living arrangements if they wish to.
Ques. What is the story behind the campus architecture?
Ans. In line with our focus on innovation, the MYRA campus is a radical departure from the traditional "stuffy classrooms and narrow hallways" model and encourages students to wonder, reflect, and think. It addresses the specific needs of management students – fostering an atmosphere that is conducive to learning, collaboration, and networking. Our campus was designed by the award-winning Bangalore firm, Architecture Paradigm, and is inspired by the "ensemble" of rocks and boulders that dot the Bangalore-Mysore highway. It makes optimum use of space and natural light and has often been referred to as "poetry in concrete."
Ques. What is the fee structure?
Ans. For the PGDM program, the tuition fees are INR 5,00,000/ USD 15,000 per annum. Total INR 10,00,000/ USD 30,000. The fee structure takes into consideration the strengths of the faculty, the extensive facilities and infrastructure, the qualified staff who ensure student welfare and placements, and the low cost of living in Mysore. One of the most frequent questions we get from the students and other stakeholders are why are MYRA fees so high? Interestingly, we have also gotten the question – "why are the fees so low?!" The majority of our registrants/applicants have also applied to schools abroad. Compared to peer institutions in the US/UK, our fees are significantly less – and our ROI is high.
Ques. How do I apply to the MYRA Program?
Ans. If you meet the eligibility criteria, your path to acceptance into MYRA's PGDM programs can begin today. You may apply to the MYRA School of Business either online or by downloading an application form from the website. Please visit the following link for more information: http://www.myra.ac.in/apply/
Ques. Does MYRA provide financial assistance?
Ans. MYRA offers both merit-based and need-based scholarships. Students who wish to apply for MYRA Scholarships should choose the "Apply for Scholarship" option in their application form. MYRA also has tie-ups with various banks to help students secure educational loans.