SDA Bocconi Asia Center is an extended version of SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy. It follows the same international standard and delivers Executive education and postgraduate programs in the field of management. Admission to the courses is done on the basis of scores obtained in competitive examinations like CAT, NMAT, GMAT, or GRE.
SDA Bocconi Asia Center is inviting applications for admission to the offered MBA courses including International Master in Business (IMB) and International Executive Master in Business (IEMB) for session 2021. Apply here for SDA Bocconi Asia Center Admission 2021
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Important Dates
Last Date to Apply
Application Submission Round-1
November 20, 2020
Application Submission Round-2
January 20, 2021
Application Submission Round-3
March 20, 2021
Application Submission Round-4
May 20, 2021
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Highlights
|Accreditations||AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA|
|Type of Programs||Postgraduate and Executive Programs|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Total Students | Faculty||14000 | 360|
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Courses
Following are the courses offered by the institute under various specializations:
|International Master in Business (IMB)||Graduation in any discipline with 65% marks + Obtained a valid score in CAT/ GMAT/ NMAT/ GRE/ Bocconi Test|
|International Executive Master in Business (IEMB)||Graduation in any discipline with min. 8 years of work experience|
|Executive Program in Luxury (EPL)||3 years of work experience|
|Global Executive Program in Entrepreneurship & Innovation||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent + 3 years of work experience or family-owned business|
|Executive Program in Business Analytics (EPBA)||Bachelor’s degree + 2 years of work experience|
|International Program in Arts Management (IPAM)||Designed for practitioners and students from all over the world with a specific interest in the Asian art and cultural environment but open to international best practices.|
Know more: SDA Bocconi Fee
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Admissions
Candidates seeking admission to the centre must complete the online application process of the Institute. The application fee for the same is INR 2,500. For admission to IMB, candidates having a valid score in any one of the entrance exams - CAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ NMAT/ GRE are shortlisted for the interview.
Candidates not having any scorecard have to sit for the Bocconi entrance test conducted by the institute. Bocconi test is an online test and tests the candidate’s reasoning skills both in aptitude and logic. Final selection is done considering various factors like the applicant’s academic profile, personality, entrance score, interview, and other talents. For admission to Executive programs, shortlisted candidates on the basis of the academic profile are called for interview.
Read more: SDA Bocconi Admissions
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Cut Off
SDA Bocconi Asia Center does not indicate any cut off restriction for the International Master in Business Program, but by the candidate’s excellence could be compensated an average score in other areas of the candidate’s profile. The average scores basis trends of the past year are as follows:
|Entrance Test||Previous Year’s Cut Off|
Click here NMAT Cutoff
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Scholarship
The institute provides valuable financial support to meritorious and deserving students to help them pursue higher education. Following are the details for the same:
- Tuition Waivers: This is offered on the basis of merit scored in the qualifying examination. The fee waiver can be extended up to 80% for students with an outstanding profile.
- Dean Scholarship: This will be granted to students chosen by the Dean at the time of selection. To be eligible for this, the students must be in the top 5% in the class at the end of the first 11 months.
- Women’s Leadership Scholarship: This is created to support the meritorious women candidates enrolled in the program. The scholarship amount is INR 2 Lakh and is applied to the tuition fee.
- Sports and Cultural Art Scholarship: This will be given to students with outstanding performance in sports or any cultural art form. The scholarship amount is INR 2 Lakh and is applied to the tuition fee.
SDA Bocconi Asia Center Placement
The placement cell of the institute received offers from various industries such as FMCG, BFSI, IT, Management Consulting, Manufacturing, Luxury, and Retail.
|Details||Placement Package 2020 (INR)||Placement Package 2019 (INR)|
|Highest Package||19.8 LPA||24 LPA|
|Average Package||12.3 LPA||11.13 LPA|
|Median Package||--||10 LPA|
Know more: SDA Bocconi Placement
About SDA Bocconi
SDA Bocconi Asia Center was established in 2012 in Mumbai. It is the Indian presence of Bocconi University from Italy that chooses India as a home for its first offshore campus. For over a century, Bocconi has been playing a leading role in Italy’s social and economic modernization.
SDA Bocconi Faculty
Listed below are the details of the faculty members at the Asia Centre in Mumbai:
Prof. David Bardolet
- Qualifications: Ph.D., MBA, and Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Areas of Interest: Behavioral Strategy, Corporate Strategy, Resource Strategy
Prof. Maurizio Poli
- Qualifications: Degree in Economic and Social Discipline
- Areas of Interest: Business Intelligence, Data Analysis, Corporate Performance Control, Forecasting Analysis, Modelling, Simulation techniques
Prof. Veronica Vecchi
- Qualifications: Ph.D., Degree in Public Administration and International Institutions
- Areas of Interest: Financial Analysis for Public Investments, local Development, Project Finance, Public-private partnerships
Prof. Anjana Grewal
- Qualifications: B.Chem, MMS, Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: E-Commerce-Global, Shopper and Buyer Behaviour, Analytics, Banking, Insurance Market in India
Prof. Antonio Marra
- Qualifications: Degree in Business Administration and Law and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Auditing, Earnings Management, Corporate Governance, and Firm Performance
Check: SDA Bocconi Faculty
SDA Bocconi Asia Center FAQs
Ques. What is the cut-off score required in CAT/ NMAT/ GMAT for admission in IMB?
Ans. The institute does not release any merit-list for enrolling students in the IMB program. There is no restriction of cut-off for admission rather a high score will be considered. It is mandatory for the students to appear in any of these examinations. If they are not satisfied with their scores, one can appear in the entrance test conducted by Bocconi.
Ques. What is the process of interview for admission to the Institute?
Ans. The interview is conducted by the faculty members of the management team. The students are shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test. The selection will be purely determined by the profile and quality of the candidates. In the case of a foreign student, the interview will be conducted over the phone or Skype.
Ques. Are all students required to live on campus in the hostel?
Ans. As per the guidelines laid by the Center, it is necessary for all students to stay in the hostel. The availability of hostel rooms is based on first come first serve. However, there are no special facilities for married students. They can rent apartments near the campus with the help of the management team.
Ques. When does the placement session start in SDA Bocconi Asia Center?
Ans. Placements are facilitated through an on-campus visit by reputed companies. Most placement opportunities are placed in the final year of the program (January to March in the second module of the program). The offers for summer internships offer start from October of the first module.
Ques. What are the international opportunities will the students get in the Institute?
Ans. All the students enrolled in the program will attend the semester at Bocconi in Milan from September to December in the second module. There will be no additional fee for the study period in Italy.