KCT Business School (KCTBS), Coimbatore is ranked 1st in Coimbatore & Top 25 in South Zone in The Week B School Ranking 2019. The institute comes under the flagship of the Sakthi Group and is the constituent of Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore. KCTBS Coimbatore offers postgraduate and doctoral programs in the discipline of Management. Admissions are done on the basis of entrance exams.
KCT Business School Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2005 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE Autonomous|
|Affiliated to||Anna University, Chennai|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ Grade & NBA|
National: CAT/ MAT/ NET/ SLET
|Courses Offered||MBA & Ph.D|
|Top Recruiters||ITC, Colgate Palmolive, ICICI Bank, Asian Paints, Caco Cola, Federal Bank, HDFC, Amazon, Berger Paints, Grant Thronton, Wild Republic|
|Campus Area||150 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Central Hall, Cafeteria, Meditation Hall|
|Admission Helpdesk||99444 13232|
|Location||KCT Business School,
Kumaraguru College of Technology, Saravanampatty,
Coimbatore - 641 049
KCT Business School Ranking
- Rated A+ by Business & Management Chronicle, B School Survey, 2019.
- Ranked among the top 75 B Schools (69) in India in the MBA Universe All India B School Survey 2019.
- Ranked 98 in India by The Week B School Survey 2019.
- Ranked 82 in All India Private B School by The Week B School Survey 2019.
- Ranked among the top 100 B Schools (88) in India in the Outlook All India B School Survey 2018.
- Ranked B1 in Business Standard Business School Survey 2018.
- Rated A+ by Business & Management Chronicle, B School Survey, 2018.
- Ranked among Top 130 colleges in India by Business Today, B School Survey 2018. 100 Overall rank in Selection Process.
- Rated AAAA in South Zone by Digital Learning B School Survey, 2018.
KCT Business School Courses
Course 1: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Specialization: Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Operations, Analytics/ Information System, Entrepreneurship.
- Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks and obtained a valid score in MAT/ CAT/ TANCET.
- Duration: 2 years
Course 2: Ph.D. in Management (Full-Time)
- Eligibility: MBA/ PGD in Business Management or Administration and obtained a valid score in NET/ SLET or other National Level Eligibility Test.
- Duration: 3 years
Course 3: Ph.D. in Management (Part-Time)
- Eligibility: MBA/ PGD in Business Management or Administration/ M.S. in Management and obtained a valid score in NET/ SLET or other National Level Eligibility Test.Sciences.
KCT Business School Admission
- Visit the official website of the institute and download the application form.
- Admissions are done on the basis of merit and marks obtained in the following exams:
KCT Business School Placement
KCTBS Coimbatore has a constantly updated industry-relevant curriculum which helps foster an outstanding pool of students into ‘Business Ready’ managers. Students are well trained in some of the critical skills like communication, teamwork, decision making and crisis management which makes them ‘Business Ready’ to enter into the corporate world. The institute promotes holistic learning wherein the students learn from various modes like Presentations, Group Discussions, Role-plays and Debates which enhances their communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highest Package: INR 14 LPA
- Average Package: INR 4.37 LPA
- Top Recruiters: ITC, Colgate Palmolive, ICICI Bank, Asian Paints, Caco Cola, Federal Bank, HDFC, Amazon, Berger Paints, Grant Thronton, Wild Republic, Maha Kint Fashions, Naukri, Pin Click, Redington, Indegene, TCS, Ramco Cements, MRF, Muthoot Fin Corp, IDFC Bank, etc.
KCT Business School Faculty
KCTBS Coimbatore faculty consists of 21 academic staffs with 14 Ph.D.’s from renowned universities and is armed with extensive industry experience. The average faculty experience is astounding 21.3 years. Extensive knowledge of business concepts from academia and industry practices enables KCT Business School faculty to share in-depth knowledge to students.
KCT Business School has a strong team of faculty drawn from both industry and academics. The faculty from industry and academia enlarges and deepen the learning process for students. The institute has a number of visiting and guest faculty engaged to teach core/ elective courses.
Check: KCTBS Coimbatore Faculty
KCT Business School FAQs
Ques. What is the other categories eligible to apply under Ph.D Part-Time Program?
Ans. The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply under Part-Time Program:
- Full-time teachers of University Departments/ University Colleges/ Colleges affiliated to the University/ Government/ Government aided Polytechnic.
- Candidates working in Industrial Units/ R&D Departments/ National Laboratories/ Units of Government/ Quasi-Government or any other research laboratories which are recognized by the University to do collaborative research with the University and sponsored by the respective employer.
Ques. How is the infrastructure of KCT Business School?
Ans. The institute has state of the art infrastructure along with the following facilities:
- State of the art smart classrooms
- 24X7 network connections
- Library with 10493 books, 4933 journals & 4921 online resources
- Modern residential facilities for boys and girls
- 1800 seating capacity auditorium
- 3 Cafeterias
- Medical centre
- Indoor and Outdoor Games Facilities
- Transportation Services
Ques. Can I be employed during my course?
Ans. No, these are full-time programs. You will not be able to take on any paid employment through the duration of the program.
Ques. Can I get admission based on the entrance test alone?
Ans. Depending on the admission criteria, the admission will be based on merit in the entrance test or marks in the qualifying examination. However, all candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
Ques. How can I apply under Government Quota?
Ans. Admissions to the Government Quota are handled by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu. Students who are willing to join KCTBS in the government quota will have to take Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) which is conducted by Anna University, Chennai.
Ques. What sort of questions will be asked in Personal Interview?
Ans. The questions generally revolve around behaviors, skills and attitudes. The selector aims to gain an insight into your personality by focusing on the following areas:
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Why Management Education?
- Stress and Time Management Skills
- Past Performances and Experiences as an indicator to future behavior
- Honesty and Integrity
- Personality Conflicts
Ques. What are the other requirement for admission?
Ans. The other requirement for admission apart from GD/ Interview performance most management KCTBS also includes work experience and academic record, sports and extra-curricular activities in the candidate`s academic career in their selection criteria.