School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada (SPAV) was established on July 7, 2008 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India,
- It is an autonomous type institution.
- The School offers two undergraduate programs, three post-graduate programs and two doctoral programs.
- SPAV is a premier Centrally Funded Technical Institution (CFTI) directly under the MHRD, for excellence.
- The academic focus and approach is a unique blend of design, creativity and objectivity with a social purpose.
- The Campus students not only learn the skills required, but also intellectually inspiring sessions, through studios, field trips and research projects, which brings out the creative best in them.
- The Campus is developed in the heart of the city of Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. Currently Campus is located in Nidamanuru, National Highway No. 5 (NH-5),approximately 15 km from Vijaywada City.
- The total strength of the institution is around 500.
- Republic Day Celebration
- Internal Jury and Exhibition of works
- World Habitat Day 2013
- International Workshop on Urban Design
- Ganesh Chaturthi Celebration
- Teacher’s Day Celebration
Library: The Central Library is the main part of the school for students, faculty, researches and staff. It provides source of knowledge to professionals like academians, architects, designers, engineers and scientists. At present, the library has collection of around 4000 books and more than 80 numbers of periodicals (both printed and electronic).