What is BBA Airport Management?
BBA Airport Management is a 3 year course for undergraduate students, teaching the details of the management roles and work done in airports.
The eligibility criteria for this course is that students have to qualify 10+2 examinations with minimum 60% marks scored in any of the streams. Students must also be medically fit.
For granting admission to BBA Airport Management course, colleges and universities select students on merit based as well as entrance exam. Some entrance exams are the SET, IPUCET, etc.
The average fees for this course is INR 25,000 - 5,00,000. The salary depends on some factors like Overall Cost, Academic Standard, etc.
Some of the top colleges for this course are tabulated in the table below.
|College name||Admission process||Average annual fees||Average annual salary|
|Grand Scholar Aviation Institute||Merit based selection||INR 70,000||INR 2,50,000|
|National College of Aviation||Merit based selection||INR 1,00,000||INR 3,50,000|
|Flying Goose Aviation Academy||Merit based selection||INR 1,00,000||INR 3,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University||Merit based selection or entrance exam||INR 72,000||INR 5,75,000|
|SKYBIRD Aviation||Merit based selection||INR 3,10,000||INR 4,00,000 - 5,00,000|
The jobs for BBA Airport Management candidates include Airport Manager, Ground Staff Manager, Cargo Manager, Customer Care Executive, etc. Job profiles offered are decided through the student interest and their experience & knowledge.
The average salary after BBA Airport Management ranges between INR 3,00,000 - 10,00,000 depending upon the experience of the candidates. Top companies that are recruiting employees include Indigo, Air India, Spice jet, Air heritage, Alliance Air, etc.
Further study options after BBA Airport Management include MBA and PhD programs in this stream. The candidates can also go for government jobs in these fields.
What is the Admission Process for BBA Airport Management?
Students will apply for admission according to their interest. The students who want to pursue BBA in airport management will give these entrance exams according to their eligibility.
Here is the procedure for both entrance exam and merit based selection :
Entrance Exam Based Admission:
- The application form will get out. Fill the application form before the last date according to your interested course.
- The entrance exams are SET, IPU CET, AIMA UGAT, etc.
- The exam dates will be released for these entrance exams.
- After the exam, the result will be released.
- Finally, colleges will be allotted to the students.
Merit Based Admission:
- The application form dates will release.
- Apply online form according to your eligibility of passing 10+2 minimum 60% in any stream before the last date of filling the form.
- The cut-off list will release one by one. Students should check it accordingly.
- After that, proceed with the colleges or universities procedure for fees submission.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Admission to BBA Airport Management?
- Students should pass 10+2 with a minimum 60% in any stream to get admission in BBA in Airport Management.
- Students should qualify from recognized institutes.
- Students should be medically fit for admission to this course.
Which are the Top Entrance Exams for BBA Airport Management?
Many colleges or universities conduct entrance exams, so that they can check the ability of the student. They need these entrances to be clear, so that students can get admission to the colleges or universities.
Here are some of the entrance exam discussed below for your knowledge:
- SET: Symbiosis entrance test is a test to get admission in undergraduate courses like Law, Management, Economics, Design, Engineering, Computer Studies, etc.
- IPU CET: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – Common Entrance Test is conducted to get admission in UG & PG courses like Management, Law, etc.
- JMET: Joint Management Entrance Test is conducted to get admission from UG to PG management courses.
The important dates related to these exams are given in the table below.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Application Period||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|SET||Symbiosis International||January 28, 2021||May 01, 2021||Online|
|IPU CET||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||March 01 - July 20, 2020||To be Announced||Online|
|JMET||University of Vignan||September 1 - October 1, 2020||January 2021||Online/offline|
How to Prepare for BBA Airport Management Entrance Exams?
- You should Develop a reading habit. It will help you to read and understand fast.
- Reading can be done from newspapers, novels, books, biographies etc.
- You should strengthen your general awareness. It will help you to up your level in academic and personal growth.
- The important thing is to improve your English speaking and writing, and learn more vocabulary.
- You should study smart rather than harder. Make new strategies to work on your time table.
- You should be known about your interest subjects to get admission and crack the entrance exam accordingly.
- You should be aware of your syllabus coming in exam. Get knowledge about the type of questions, types of sections, marks containing the section, per question marks, negative marking, etc.
- Learn managing your time according to the questions, sections, so that you can complete your exam in a given time.
- Make a time table and stick to it to accomplish your goals.
How to Get Admission in a Good BBA Airport Management College?
- You should exhibit your interest and apply in colleges early.
- Score high grades in your schooling and prepare for the exams properly.
- You should be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Work on your weakness to overcome and convert it into strengths.
- Prepare for entrance tests and personal interviews conducted by the colleges or universities.
- Get knowledge on application forms, exam dates, and results through social media. Use it properly for your future.
Go through the full list of top Aviation Colleges in India.
BBA Airport Management: What is it About?
- Students learn different things about airports such as Airport Planning, Safety and Security, Ticketing, Customer Care Services, and many more.
- They learn to deal with technical problems like Air Traffic and Control, Cargo Department, Staff, Finance , Coordination, etc.
- It includes both theoretical and practical and is divided into 6 semesters.
- This course is for those who are seeking administrative responsibilities.
- This course helps you to manage staff, learn Communication Skills, and learn how to understand the management of the airport and aviation industry.
BBA Airport Management Course Highlights
Below we have tabulated the major highlights of the BBA Airport Management course. From this, you get to know about full form, Admission Process, Eligibility, Course Level, Durations, Colleges, Fees, Average Salary, Companies, Job Profiles.
|Full-form||Bachelors of Business Administration in Airport Management|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 qualify with minimum 60% marks in any stream|
|Admission Process||Merit based selection or Entrance Exam|
|Course Fee||INR 25,000 - 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 - 10,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Indigo, Air India, Spice jet, Air heritage, alliance air, etc.|
|Job Position||Airport Manager, Ground Staff Manager, Cargo Manager, Safety and Maintenance Manager, Customer Care Executive.|
Why Should You Study BBA Airport Management Course?
- This course has a wide range of opportunities. It is one of the best management UG courses for students.
- There is a high demand for the employees in this field because it is a wide sector.
- They learn how to communicate, make decisions, etc.
- They can gain experience by working as Credit Control Manager, Airport Manager, Program Manager, Airport Operations Manager, etc.
- They can work with top companies like Air India, Indigo, etc with high packages.
BBA Airport Management vs BBA Aviation
Course comparison is important for a student who is going to be enrolled in college for any course. Below we have compared BBA Aviation and BBA Airport Management which are very similar but still have slight differences.
|Parameters||BBA Airport Management||BBA Aviation|
|Overview||This course is for those who are seeking administrative responsibilities. This course helps you to manage staff, learn communication skills, and learn how to understand the management of the airport and aviation industry.||This course deals with the study of airport business, airlines industry. Students who are seeking this course should have administrative skills. This course has a wide range of job opportunities in the aviation industry.|
|Duration||3 years||3 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 60% marks in any stream||10+2 with minimum 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Merit based/ entrance exam||Merit based followed by interview / entrance exam (LPUNEST/ JUEE)|
|Top Colleges||SKYBIRD, National College of Aviation, Flying Goose Aviation Academy, etc.||AIMS Institute, IIKM Business School, Jagannath University, HITS etc.|
|Job Roles||Airport Manager, Ground Staff Manager, Cargo Manager, Safety and Maintenance Manager, Customer Care Executive, etc.||Credit Control Manager, Airport Manager, Airport Operations Manager, etc.|
|Average Fees||INR 25,000 - 5,00,000||INR 70,000 - 4,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3,00,000 - 10,00,000||INR 5,00,000 - 8,50,000|
Source: College Websites
Which are the Top Colleges for BBA Airport Management?
Many top aviation colleges in India provide BBA Airport Management courses. Some of these colleges are mentioned in the table below.
|Name of the Institutes||City||Average Annual Fees||Average Salary|
|Grand Scholar Aviation Institute||Bangalore||INR 70,000||INR 2,50,000|
|National College of Aviation||Chennai||INR 1,00,000||INR 3,50,000|
|Flying Goose Aviation Academy||Kochi||INR 1,00,000||INR 4,00,000|
|SKYBIRD Aviation||Bangalore||INR 3,10,000||INR 4,50,000|
|School of Airlines and Travel Management||Kochi||INR 1,00,000||INR 2,50,000|
|Aptech Aviation and Hospitality Academy||Bangalore||INR 80,000||INR 6,00,000|
|Kasturi Institute of Management Studies||Coimbatore||INR 90,000||INR 3,00,000|
|Remo International College of Aviation||Chennai||INR 84 ,000||INR 3,02,000|
|Aimfill International Institute||New Delhi||INR 1,50,000||INR 5,00,000|
Source: College Websites
BBA Airport Management College Comparison
Students should compare colleges before admission. They should keep some parameters in their mind for better top college.
The parameters are cost, financial aid, college ranking, faculty, location and size of campus, hostel etc.
Given below are top colleges reference:
|Parameters||SKYBIRD Aviation||School of Airlines and Travel Management||Aimfill International Institute|
|Overview||It is a professional training institute in India. It has two campuses in Bangalore & Hyderabad. Admission to courses is on a merit base.||This college provides you audio- video classes and computer laboratories comprising the latest technology. This provides you with BBA, MBA, IATA, FIATA, DGR, Travel, hospitality, tourism.||This college focuses on the areas like Aviation, Marine, acting, Modeling, Paramedical, information technology, industrial technology, hotel management etc.|
|Average Fees||INR 3,10,000||INR 1,00,000||INR 1,50,000|
|Average Placement Package||INR 4,50,000||INR 2,50,000||INR 5,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Qatar Airlines, Jet Airways, Air costa, Globe Ground India, etc.||Indigo Logo, Indigo, Spice jet, etc.||Air India, Blue Dart, Indigo Airlines, Kingfisher, Qatar Airways, etc.|
Source: College Websites
What are the Subjects Taught Under BBA Airport Management course?
Syllabus is based on 3 years containing 6 semesters. Each year contains 2 semesters. Students should learn all the subjects related to the course and should achieve their goals.
The following is the semester wise breakup for the syllabus of BBA Airport Management.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Professional Communication||Airport Operations|
|Soft Skill||Basics of Aviation|
|Communication Skill||Travel Management|
|Front Office Operations||Fire Management|
|Management Process||Aircraft Maintenance|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Airport Security Management||Air Fares & Ticketing|
|Aviation Marketing||Persona Management|
|Aviation Law||Customer Care Services|
|Cargo Logistics and Management||Airlines Business Management|
|Air Traffic Rules and Regulations||Customer Service for Global Clientele|
|Services Marketing||Cargo and Transportation Management|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Cargo & Transportation||Crew Management|
|Load Planning & DGR||The Airport Milieu|
|Security and Legislation||Resource Management at Airport|
|Business Organization & Administration||IT in the Airline Environment|
|Ancillary Services||Airport Housekeeping|
|Organizational Behavior||Airline & Travel Management|
Which are the Important Books for BBA Airport Management?
You can take these books as your study material. These are the best books with the best authors. You can choose it depending upon its uses.
|The books that can be referred to study:|
|Airport Planning & Management, Seventh Edition||Seth Young; Alexander T. wells|
|Managing Airports: An International Perceptive||Anne Graham|
|Airport Management||C Daniel Prather; Richard N. steele|
|Airport System: Planning, Design, and Management||Richard De Neufville|
What are the Jobs Available After BBA Airport Management?
Many career and job options are available for the BBA in Airport Management.
Job positions like Ground Staff Manager, Cargo Manager, University Professor, Maintenance Manager, Customer Care Executive, etc are available to these candidates.
Here are some discussed below for your knowledge:
|Job Profiles||Role||Average Annual Salary|
|Ground Staff Manager||Ground staff managers have various roles. They secure the comfort of the passengers by checking in luggage, giving information about location of airline, timings of airline, confirming and selling tickets, etc.||INR 9,00,000|
|Customer Care Executive||They have the records of transactions, inquiry details, application form, problems regarding airlines, etc||INR 2,40,000|
|Airport Manager||Airport managers overlook the employees, managing the future objectives, ensuring safety and security, rules and regulations, etc.||INR 3,93,000|
|Teacher||The role of teacher is to give theoretical and practical knowledge, planning lesson plans, etc.||INR 4,00,000|
|Cargo Manager||Ensures about time execution, delivery of customer services, reporting execution etc.||INR 10,20,000|
What are the Further Studies Options and Future Scope after BBA Airport Management?
- Future scope in BBA in Airport management has both study scope and jobs scope.
- Study scope after BBA in airport management can be MBA course, general MBA, MBA in Aviation, MBA in Air Travel Management, MBA in Airport Management.
- They can do PhD programs after MBA Course.
Jobs opportunities after BBA in Airport Management are:
- Airport Operations Manager
- Assistant Airport Manager
- Assistant Teacher
- Credit Control Manager
- Program Manager
You can apply for Government jobs like you can go for IPS and IAS. All the jobs conducted by UPSC can be applied by BBA in Airport Management candidates.
BBA Airport Management FAQs
Ques. What is BBA in Airport Management ?
Ans. It stands for Bachelor of Business administration in airport management. It is a 3 year undergraduate course for the 10+2 examination passed students with minimum 60% marks in any stream.
Ques. Which more entrance exams exist for BBA in Airport management?
Ans. The entrance exam taken for BBA in Airport management are:
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- CET for Delhi University (BMS)
- CET for GGSIPU
- NMAT- UG
- GITAM University Admission Test
- AIMA UGAT
- GGSIPU – CET
Ques. Which course is better - Airport Management or Aviation Management?
Ans. BBA in Aviation is better for those who want to go for a management course. This course will provide you skills to manage staff or related to the aviation industry.
Ques. What is the scope of Aviation Management?
Ans. They learn about the Aviation industry and can seek jobs related to credit control manager, test manager, program manager, etc.
Ques. What is the average salary of BBA?
Ans. The average salary of BBA is INR 3.5 lakh to INR 4 lakh.
Ques. Name the best college apart from above college for BBA in Airport management?
Ans. The best college apart from above is Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management, Bangalore as one of the best colleges for BBA in airport management.
Ques. Can I go for airlines and airport management as my career?
Ans. You can go for a BBA in Aviation Management as a UG course or MBA in Airlines and Airport management as a PG course.
Ques. What can be the career prospect in BBA in Airport management?
Ans. The career prospect for BBA in Airport Management is a good option because it is a wide platform for thousands of employees. You can choose it as your career.
Ques. Is there any age restriction?
Ans. No, you can choose it when you are in 1st year. There is no limitation for the upper Age.
Ques. When will the registration process start for colleges in India?
Ans. Due to Covid -19 pandemic, Some registration has been done and some are postponed. After lockdown, further information will be notified for registration processes.
Ques. How do I start a career in BBA in Airport Management ?
Ans. You can start your career in BBA in airport management when you find your best skills:
- Keep your appointments, you should know how to manage time and keep your communications and writing skills professional.
- Solve your issues with a new argument.
- Meet your deadlines.