BBA Aviation or Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation is a 3-year undergraduate degree that can be pursued after completion of class XII in India
The candidates who want to pursue this course should have completed class 12th with 50% aggregate from a recognized university.
Know More About Aviation Course
Scores of higher secondary are really important because the admission to this course is merit-based, followed by an interview in some cases.
However, few colleges like Lovely Professional University and Jagannath University offer admission to candidates after they have cleared the entrance exams. In that case, LPUNEST and JUEE are the major entrances to crack.
The fees charged for the course ranges from INR 70,000 to INR 4,00,000 annually in India.
BBA Aviation provides a strong managerial background especially in the field of aviation and the airline business. Through this course, the students can learn airport planning, passenger forecasting, airport security, fire safety, etc. This course will help them understand the business, recognize and solve the problems that may arise with the changing scenarios in the aviation industry.
Tabulated below are some of the top BBA Aviation Colleges in India, as per the Business Today Ranking 2020.
|Business Today Ranking 2020||Name of the Institute||Admission Process||Annual course fees||Annual course Salary|
|#67||AIMS Institute, Bangalore||Merit-based, followed by Interview||INR 2,28,000||INR 8 LPA|
|#93||Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore||Merit-based, followed by Interview||INR 80,000||INR 5.5 LPA|
|#102||Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS), Chennai||Merit-based||INR 9,2,200||INR 10 LPA|
|#147||IIKM Business School, Chennai||Merit-based, followed by an interview||INR 95,000||INR 5 LPA|
|#196||Jagannath University||JUEE||INR 75,000||INR 8.65 LPA|
The graduates after the completion of this course are offered with various job opportunities in airports, airlines, Flight schools, Airline insurance companies, educational institutes, etc.
They can work as a credit control manager, airport manager, program manager, assistant airport manager, airport operations manager, etc. The average salary is expected to range between INR 4-6 lakhs per annum.
The graduates are also eligible to go for further studies like MBA. They can also choose to prepare for government jobs and get managerial jobs in government organizations.
BBA Aviation Admission Process
The admission to BBA Aviation is mostly done on the basis of merit i.e through the scores acquired in class XII examination. The scores are first evaluated, then the shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview. Then the selected students receive an offer letter to take admission.
However, Few universities like Lovely Professional University and Jagannath University conduct admission through entrance exams.
To apply for the course, the candidates will have to go through the following admission process:
Step 1: Go to the university website and check the eligibility.
Step 2: If you are eligible then apply by filling the application form. The institute may ask for some documents and the application fees.
Step 3: The college will release a merit list. If your name appears on the list then you will be invited for the group discussion and interview.
Step 4:In case of entrances, apply and prepare to appear for the same.
Step 5:On being selected, the institute will send an offer letter. Accept the letter within the provided time to secure your seat. And then you will be able to enroll.
BBA Aviation Eligibility
To apply to any top colleges for BBA Aviation, the candidates should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent, from a recognized board.
- They should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% in 10+2 (45% in case of the reserved category.
BBA Aviation Entrance Exam
There are very few colleges that conduct admission based on the entrance exam. Some of them are:
- LPUNEST: It is an entrance and scholarship exam conducted by Lovely Professional University for admission into various undergraduate and graduate courses.
- JUEE: It is an entrance exam conducted for admission into various UG courses offered by Jagannath University.
|Exam Name||Application Period||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|LPUNEST||June 2-June 30, 2020||June 7 to June 30, 2020||Online|
|JUEE||April end, 2020||May, 2020||Online/ Offline|
How to Prepare for BBA Aviation Entrance Exams?
following tips should be considered for better performance in BBA Aviation Entrance Exams :
- Most of the quantitative questions come from Class X and Class XII maths. Hence,one should have a better grip over these basic concepts, formulas and shortcuts.
- Keep on practicing sample question papers and model tests to know the pattern and structure of the exam well.
- Manage your time effectively as for answering each and every question. Shortcuts should be applied while solving the paper.
- Start going through daily news to improve your general knowledge skills. General Knowledge is tested in entrance exams and sometimes also asked in personal interviews and group discussion rounds.
How to get admission into good colleges?
To get admission in top BBA colleges like AIMS Institute, Bangalore, IIKM Business School, Chennai and more, the following points must be kept in mind-
- To get admission in a good college, the students will have to perform extremely well in the class XII examination, since most of the institutes offer admission on the basis of the marks scored in class XII.
- Secondly, they will have to prepare for the interview process. Being confident is very important. Being a commerce student can be beneficial as they may be familiar with the basics of management.
- The arts and science students should have a basic knowledge about the course and on current events for GD/PI.
- Youtube videos on preparing for an interview can also be helpful.
- Keep yourself updated with the course cut-off, application process, application deadline, application fee etc. so that you don’t miss any important notifications.
BBA Aviation: What is it about?
Check the mentioned below points to know more about BBA Aviation course details:
- BBA Aviation is a 3-year undergraduate program that deals with the study of the airport, business, airlines, and every aspect of the aviation industry.
- The course gives in-depth knowledge about air transport, airport operations, financial accounting, passenger forecasting, marketing, airport planning, etc.
- It includes subjects like financial accounting, business communication, cost & management accounting, airline marketing management, Cargo Introductory course, airline & airport management, etc.
- The students pursuing this course have strong managerial skills in aviation management. The course also teaches them to have a strong sense of service to passengers, good communication, and interpersonal skills.
- The course prepares students for various job opportunities available in the aviation industry, from managing, marketing, passenger forecasting, and other such services.
BBA Aviation: Course Highlights
|Full form||Bachelors of Business Administration in Aviation|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based, followed by an interview|
|Course fee||INR 70,000 to INR 400,000 annually|
|Average Salary||INR 4 - 8 lakhs per annum|
|Job Positions||Credit control manager, airport manager, program manager, assistant airport manager, airport operations manager, etc.|
|Areas of employment||Airports, airlines, Flight schools, Airline insurance companies, Sales & advertising companies, educational institutes, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Air India, India Jet Airways, Alliance Air, Air Costa, Air Heritage, Air Deccan, Air India Charters Ltd, SpiceJet, IndiGo, etc|
Why study BBA Aviation?
In today’s generation, time is the most valuable thing and the aviation industry plays a huge part in saving time by providing fast transportation.
The aviation industry is growing immensely, thus opening up various exciting opportunities for BBA Aviation graduates.
Here are some of the exciting points to know why studying BBA Aviation can be useful:
- BBA Aviation is an underlying driver for tourism and thus it significantly contributes to the economy of our country.
- Thinking about aviation, people usually think about becoming a pilot or a flight attendant. But there's more to aviation, and BBA aviation precisely teaches about managing this particular industry.
- The students are equipped with skills that are required to manage the proper functioning in the airport and also the airlines.
- Along with managing, the aviation industry also requires branding. Since convincing people to buy costly services is a challenge. Therefore BBA and MBA students are highly required.
- The BBA Aviation graduates are open to various exciting job opportunities like credit control manager, airport manager, program manager, assistant airport manager, airport operations manager, etc.
- The course also provides them opportunities for getting jobs in fields other than the aviation industry like product-based companies, advertising companies, marketing companies, logistics, etc.
- Candidates are recruited by top and reputed Airline companies like Air India, India Jet Airways, Alliance Air, Air Costa, Air Heritage. These companies offer an average salary of INR 4 to 8 lakhs per annum
- The graduates also become eligible to go for higher professional studies like MBA.
Below is the comparison between BBA Aviation vs BSc Aviation on the basis of eligibility, admission process, outcomes, placement, job opportunities, etc.
|Parameters||BBA Aviation||BSc Aviation|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation||Bachelor of Science in Aviation|
|Course Overview||BBA Aviation offers in-depth knowledge about air transport, airport operations, passenger forecasting,etc. But the approach of the course is through management perspective.||With subjects taught like air transport, airport operations, passenger forecasting,etc.BSc Aviation is offered on a more scientific approach.|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate.||candidates must have completed 10+2 with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based, followed by an interview||Merit-based/Entrance-based|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 70,000 to INR 4,00,000 annually||INR 40,000 to INR 2,00,000 annually|
|Top Colleges||AIMS Institute, Bangalore
Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS), Chennai
IIKM Business School, Chennai
|FIP's Institute of Aviation and Aviation Safety, Andhra Pradesh Aviation Academy, University of Mumbai, Flytech Aviation Academy, etc|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4 - 8 lakhs per annum||INR 3 - 6 lakhs per annum|
Source: University Website and Payscale
BBA Aviation Colleges
There are numerous colleges that offer BBA Aviation. Some of the top BBA Aviation colleges in India are mentioned below:
|College Name||City||Average Annual Fees (INR)||Average Annual Salary (INR)|
|AIMS Institute||Bangalore||INR 2,28,000||8 LPA|
|Kristu Jayanti College||Bangalore||INR 80,000||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS)||Chennai||INR 9,02,200||INR 10 LPA|
|IIKM Business School, Chennai||Chennai||INR 95,000||INR 5 LPA|
|Jagannath University||Bahadurgarh||INR 75,000||INR 8.65 LPA|
|yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University- [Ycmou]||Nashik||INR 72,000||INR 5.75 LPA|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies [UPES]||Dehradun||INR 2, 24,000||INR 9 LPA|
|G D Goenka University||Gurgaon||INR 2,06,000||-|
|Hillside Business School||Bangalore||INR 51,333||INR 6 LPA|
There are various colleges that offer BBA Aviation. Mentioned below is the comparison of some of the top BBA Aviation colleges, based on ranking, average fees, average salary, etc.
|Parameters||AIMS Institute||Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science||IIKM Business School|
|Overview||It has been ranked among top b-schools in the country. They offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in management, science, and humanities.||It is a deemed university and offers UG, PG, and doctorate courses in the field of engineering, management, science, arts, and commerce.||It is the fastest transforming B-school that offers industry oriented programs in various streams of management education.|
|Business Today Ranking||67||102||147|
|Average Annual Fee||INR 2,28,000||INR 9,02,200||INR 95,000|
|Average Annual Package||INR 8 LPA||INR 10 LPA||INR 5 LPA|
|Top recruiters||Federal bank, Canbank Factor, Deloitte Consulting, Mahindra & Mahindra Finance, Disha Investment, Finance World, HDFC, etc.||Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys, CSS Group, Amazon, etc.||Axis Bank, Airtel, TCS, HCL, Reliance Industries, Standard Chartered, UK Trade, Mahindra Satyam, Matrix Telecom, etc.|
Source: University Website
BBA Aviation Syllabus
BBA Aviation is a 6 semesters course. The course starts with former learning languages, followed by the fundamentals of management and Aviation.
As the semesters pass, the complexity of subjects increases gradually. Below is the semester wise subjects taught during the study of the course:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to Management & Leadership (Online)||Organizational Behavior|
|Introduction to Aviation Industry||Business Economics I|
|Business Mathematics||Business Statistics|
|Business Accounting||IATA Travel & Tourism(Foundation)|
|Business Communication I||Enrichment course|
|Business Computing||Principles of Management|
|Community Service I||Community Service II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Marketing Management||Business Communication II|
|Research Methodology & Report Writing||Consumer Behavior Market Research|
|Airport Functions of Airlines||Cargo Handling|
|Financial Management||Programme Elective 1|
|Business Economics II||Market Research|
|Open Elective I||Open Elective 2|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Essential of Strategic Management||Airport Customer Services|
|International Business||Aviation Marketing|
|Understanding of Aviation Business||Human Resource Management|
|Dissertation I||Dissertation II|
|Summer Internship||Summer Internship|
|Industry Tour Report||Industry Tour Report|
|Programme Elective 2||Programme Elective 3|
BBA Aviation Elective subjects
Following are some of the BBA Aviation elective subjects.
|Aviation Security Awareness||Air Ticketing & Fare Construction|
|Basic Ramp Safety||Customer Relationship Management|
|Crew Resource Management||Airline Advertising & Sales Promotion|
|Services Marketing||Entrepreneurship Development|
BBA Aviation Job prospects and Career options
There are numerous job options after completing BBA in Aviation. The graduates can get jobs in the positions of Airport Manager, Airport operation manager, etc.
They are offered a salary package around INR 4-8 lakhs per annum. The salary usually increases with experience and higher academics.
The prime areas of employment are in airports, airlines, Flight schools, Airline insurance companies, Sales & advertising companies, educational institutes, etc.
Some of the BBA Aviation Job profiles along with the description and average salary package are mentioned below:
|Job profiles||Description||Average salary Package|
|Airline Contracting Manager||Contract managers work in a variety of industries and negotiate any type of contract between the business and the client. Airline contracting managers specially negotiate contracts for the airline industry.||INR 9 LPA|
|Airport Operations Manager||They will be managing airport security, logistics, and airport emergency procedures. They will be responsible for the safety & welfare of managers, pilots, airport staff,, and regulatory agencies. They will be the first point of contact for other administrators, airline officials, and the public.||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Assistant Airport Manager||They help the manager to carry out administrative responsibilities. They are in charge of maintaining employees, airport equipment, airport tenant relations, or any other airport-related work.||INR 7.57 LPA|
|Assistant Teacher||They can work in assisting the senior teachers in the flight school or business school.||INR 4 LPA|
|Credit Control Manager||They help the businesses to manage their financial accounts by monitoring and documenting any pending payments.||INR 5 LPA|
BBA Aviation Scope
The graduates have options to either go for a job in management and operation in the airside activities of the aviation industry or go for further studies.
The future scope after the completion of the course is vast. Some of the further options of studies are:
- Master Of Science [M.Sc] (Aviation)
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Aviation Management)
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Air Travel Management)
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Airline Management)
- Master Of Business Administration [Mba] (Airport Management)
Pursuing a BBA Aviation course and to stay consistent in the field is profitable due to the following reasons:
- India’s airlines has recently registered a profit of US $122 million.
- The government of India has also approved the construction of 18 greenfield airports in the country with an estimated cost of Rs. 30,000 cr.
BBA Aviation FAQs
Ques. How are admissions conducted for BBA Aviation?
Ans. The admissions are usually conducted on the basis of merit, i.e, based on the marks scored in class XII.
Ques. What is the basic eligibility for BBA Aviation?
Ans. The candidates applying for the course should have passed class XII with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university.
Ques. What are some of the ranking colleges offering BBA Aviation?
Ans. Some of the Ranking Colleges offering the course are:
Ques. What is the average cost to study BBA Aviation?
Ans. The average cost to study BBA Aviation in India ranges from INR 70,000 to INR 400,000 annually.
Ques. Is there a difference in general BBA courses and BBA aviation?
Ans. Yes, there is a difference. In general BBA, normal management courses are taught, whereas, in BBA Aviation, aviation-related topics are taught in semester 5 to 6.
Ques. Does BBA Aviation have a good scope?
Ans. Yes, BBA Aviation has good scope and offered around 1 lakh job opportunities in the aviation industry.
Ques. What are the different job options available in BBA Aviation?
Ans. Some of the job options available are Air Freight Management Trainees, Airport Operation Manager, Assistant Manager - Airline Reservations, Associate - Inside Sales, Customer Service Assistant – Aviation Operation, Trainee Aero Parts, etc.
Ques. What is the average salary package available after BBA Aviation?
Ans. The average salary is around INR 4 - 6 lakhs per annum.
Ques. What are the future study options after BBA Aviation?
Ans. Some of the future study options include General MBA, MBA in Aviation, Mba in Air Travel Management, Mba in Airline Management, etc.