Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery is a 1-year diploma level program in confectionery and Patisserie study. Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery can be undertaken by candidates who have completed their 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination in any relevant discipline.
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery comprises internship, theoretical and practical study. The average program fee for Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery ranges between INR 25,000 to 50,000, which will differ for different institutions and colleges.
Students who have successfully completed the course have opportunities in the world of Bakery and Confectionery sector both on national as well as international level.
The job profiles after the course Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery are commis baker, artisan baker, bread baker, head baker, manager, apprentice baker, pastry chef, assistant baker, decorator, supply chain management, maintenance manager, bakery specialist, etc.
Based on whether the student is a fresher or has earned relevant experience, the remuneration earned by candidates ranges between INR 1 to 6 Lacs annually.
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery: Highlights
|Duration||12 months to 18 months|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 qualification with minimum 50% marks and 5% moderation for reserved category in any stream from a recognized institute|
|Admission process||Merit based selection/ Entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 25,000 - INR 50,000|
|Average Salary (per month)||INR 2 lakhs – INR 10 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting companies||ITC Hotel, Radisson, The Leela Palace, Le Meridian, Oberoi, Hyatt, The Taj Palace, Fairmont, Roseate House, Bikanerwala Foods, Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India ltd., Old Madras Baking Company, The Umrao, etc.|
|Job Position||Commis baker, artisan baker, bread baker, head baker, manager, apprentice baker, pastry chef, assistant baker, decorator, supply chain management, maintenance manager, bakery specialist, etc.|
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery: Eligibility Criteria
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery eligibility criterion requires students to clear Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized college or institute.
- 5% moderation for the reserved category students.
- Bachelor’s degree specialization in human development, home science, psychology, child development, medicine, social work, child development, etc.
- No receptacle will be accepted. Students must have to clear a Bachelor's degree.
- Different criteria followed by different universities.
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery: Admission Process
Merit based selection is the only option by which you can enrol yourself in a college and university.
- Merit list released on the basis of percentage. Information related to the merit list is updated on the University web site and in newspapers.
- Check your percentage and go to the college for the admission process.
- The admission date is released by college and universities.
- Get your documents verified by the college and universities. Basic necessary documents include 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, photographs, certificates and other documents required by colleges and universities.
- Submit your tuition fees before the last date to avoid your loss of seats.
- Fees can be submitted via online portal, offline, cash cards, cheque, etc.
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery: Top Colleges
The top colleges of Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery:
|College name||Average annual fees|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition||INR 54,400|
|Institute of Hotel Management||INR 96,613|
|Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Applied Nutrition||INR 34,383|
|Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management and Catering technology||INR 36,400|
|Jodhpur Institute of Hotel Management||INR 51,900|
|State Institute of Hotel Management||INR 49,900|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar||INR 43,500|
|RIMT University||INR 40,000|
|Chandigarh Group of Colleges||INR 44,900|
|Apex University||INR 15,000|
How To Get Admission To A Good College Of Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery?
Here are some tips for getting admission in a good college or university.
- Students must focus on high school academics to school good marks.
- Choose many extra curriculum subjects that you can handle to boost your skills and chances to get in a good college.
- Work on your personality to improve the attitude and body language.
- You should prepare for various entrance exams and fill the online forums on time.
- You can hire a tutor for practising and preparing for the exam.
- Apply early as possible to avoid the reduction of options.
- Integrate your interest and find the best out of it to pursue your future.
- You can get admission by sports quotas and ECA.
- Prepare for personal interviews and colleges essay as they test your skills out of your grades.
- Hire a counsellor for clearing your doubts.
- Boost your skills and experiences.
Why study Diploma in Bakery And Confectionery?
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery program envisages to provide students with knowledge of the basic functioning of the industry. Candidates who wish to pursue a career in Bakery and Confectionery making can find this course to be a lucrative opportunity to enhance their skills.
Applying the varied skills into the field, students gain a deeper understanding of the subject as well as expand their knowledge related to the art of Bakery and Confectionery.
Along with rendering students with the basic knowledge of the program, they are also imparted the skills of communication and creativity.
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery curriculum is designed in a manner, wherein candidates get the knowledge of both practical as well as the theoretical aspect of the program.
- The topics covered include the study of commodities used in Bakery/Confectionery, the process undertaken, selection, composition, functions, and reactions to the ingredients, basic knowledge of baking/heating, refrigerating, freezing, chilling and the interaction of the elements used.
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery: Benefits
The benefits of the course Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery are:
- You can enjoy the growing demand.
- It will be beneficial for a high pay scale job.
- Free tours.
- The production reaches a wide audience.
- One can become a teacher after the course.
- Candidates can gain more experience and skills.
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery: Syllabus
|2.||Essentials of Guidance and Counselling|
|3.||Mental Health and Adjustment|
|4.||Psychological Basis of Guidance and Counselling|
|5.||Assessment and Appraisal in Guidance and Counselling|
|6.||Stress and Conflict Management|
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery: Important Books
|Models of Counseling Gifted Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults||Mendaglio|
|Group counseling for children of stepfamilies||Dianna C Kirland|
|Introduction to counseling and Guidance||Marianne Mitchell|
|The counselor’s Workbook: developing a persona approach||John McLeod|
|Counseling: theory and process||James C Hansen and Robert H Rossberg|
|Counseling: Theory and practice||Rickey L George and Therese S Cristiani|
|Counseling: A Comprehensive Profession||Samuel T Gladding|
|Counseling children and Adolescents in schools: Practice and Application Guide||Sandy Magnuson|
|Child Counseling (counseling and guidance series)||Kennet M Dimick and Vaughn E Huff|
|Counseling: a comprehensive profession plus new my counseling lab with Pearson e-text||Samuel T Gladding|
Diploma In Bakery And Confectionery: Jobs Profile
They can work as commis baker, artisan baker, bread baker, head baker, manager, apprentice baker, pastry chef, assistant baker, decorator, supply chain management, maintenance manager, bakery specialist, etc.
|Job profiles||Description||Average annual salary|
|Career guidance counselor||The role of a Career guidance counselor is to help students and people in their career options. They understand the interest, abilities, personality, and attitude and suggest you the best option of career and clear your doubts regarding the career.||INR 4.92 lakhs|
|Mental health counselor||The role of a Mental health counselor is to help people suffering from mental disorders with emotion disorders. They develop strategies and help them to overcome the problem.||INR 35 lakhs|
|Pastoral counselor||The role of a Pastoral counselor is to help in removing mental issues. They give psychological therapy to couples, families, individuals, or a group of people. They are trained both theology and psychology.||INR 3.37 lakhs|
|Community counselor||The role of a Community counselor is to work for community people. They help people in solving mental processing and provide them with good services.||INR 3.58 lakhs|
|Rehabilitation counselor||The role of a Rehabilitation counselor is to help people via mental, physical, emotional disabilities. They work to improve the disabilities effect of clients.||INR 5.89 lakhs|
Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery: FAQs
Ques. What is Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery?
Ques. What is the difference between Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery & post graduate diploma in Public Administration?
Ques. Is Forensic Psychologist a good major?
Ques. What will be the salary after Forensic Psychologist?
Ques. Which is better Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery & post graduate diploma in Public Administration?
Ques. What will be the recruiting areas in Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery?
Ques. How to apply for admission in Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery?
Ques. What is the minimum and maximum fee in public colleges of Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery?
Ques. What is the minimum and maximum fee in private colleges of Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery?