Bihar Diploma in Elementary Education, also known as Bihar D.El.Ed is an examination organized by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB). The duration of the examination is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Candidates need to qualify for their Senior Secondary Examination from any recognized Board or Institution in order to sit for this examination.
The registrations for Bihar DElEd will reopen from July 09, 2021, to July 13, 2021. Students can make changes in their Bihar DElEd 2021 application form from July 14 to 20, 2021.
The admission process for DElEd in Bihar involves the following steps: Online Registration, Submission of application form, Appearing for examination, Counseling.
The exam is conducted as a joint entrance examination for state-level colleges and institutes and is held in over 338 centers in Bihar. The result of this examination is accepted by more than 250 colleges across the state.
D.EI.Ed is a professional diploma program, and it enables the candidates to work as primary and upper primary teachers in schools in Bihar. This examination was an initiative to improve the poor education system prevalent in Bihar because of the availability of very few and unqualified teachers.
Also See: NIOS DElEd
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Highlights
|Governing Body||Bihar School Examination Board|
|Examination Mode||Offline through OMR sheet|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Exam Dates
|Online Registration||June 22, 2021|
|Last date to submit Application Fee||July 5, 2021|
|Last date to correct mistakes in the form||To be announced|
|Release date of Admit Card||July 7 to July 9, 2021|
|D.El.Ed Examination||To be announced|
|Announcement of Result||To be announced|
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Participating Colleges
- There are many colleges across Bihar that accept D.El.Ed Examination scores at the time of admissions.
- There are about 250 Colleges participating in the Bihar D.El.Ed admissions across the state.
- The list of the same released by the Bihar board can be found at the official website of Bihar Board Vividh.
Learn More: DElEd Distance Education
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
In order to meet the eligibility criteria, an applying candidate has ensure the following:
- Need to qualify their Senior Secondary Examination from any recognized Board or Institution.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum of 50% in their last examination. For candidates belonging to SC/ST quota, the minimum requirement is 45%.
- Candidates need to be a minimum of 17 years of age to apply
- Candidate has to be a citizen of India, a permanent citizen of Bihar, and domicile of the candidate should be Bihar.
Read more about DElEd Admission Process
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Process
Admission to the D.El.Ed program is purely merit based. The merit list is prepared by the concerned authoritative body on the basis of the marks secured by all the appearing candidates. After the merit list is announced, the last step of the admission procedure includes counselling.
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission: Application Fee
The application form for the examination is to be issued by SCERT through their online portal. The application fee for the same is INR 960 for the general category and INR 760 for SC/ST/Divyang quota.
The application fee for the examination is to be paid online by any one of the following methods:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
- Allahabad Bank Payment Gateway Service
How to Apply for Bihar D.El.Ed. Admission?
- Interested candidates can log on to the official website of SCERT.
- Click on the link related to Bihar D.El.Ed examination and fill up the form.
- The admit card of the examination is released by the board 10 days in advance of the exam.
Documents required at the time of admission
- Valid contact details.
- Passport size photograph of the required specification.
- 10th and 12th examination mark sheets.
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Exam Pattern
The examination is a written examination wherein the candidates need to input their choice of answers on the OMR sheet using a pencil or pen, as specified.
- The duration of the examination shall be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Applicants will get 150 minutes to complete the test.
- Every applicant appearing for the entrance has to answer 150 Questions in the examination.
- All questions are MCQ based.
- The total marks for the entrance will be 450 for 150 questions.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|General Hindi/General Urdu||30||90|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||25||75|
Marking Scheme: Each correct answer to a question will earn the candidate 3 marks, and an incorrect answer will result in a negative marking of 1 mark.
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Syllabus
The duration of the program is two years, and the following modules are covered in the first and second year of the program respectively.
|First Year||Second Year|
|Class teaching||Action research|
|Cognitive aspects||Analysis of curriculum|
|Curriculum analysis||Class room teaching|
|Education and principles of teaching||Cognitive aspects|
|Optional subjects: English, Science and Mathematics||Community education and work|
|Environmental studies||Education and education evaluation|
|Moral education||Emerging trends of elementary|
|Physical education||Practice teaching|
|The psychological basis of child development||Internship|
|Social studies||Physical education|
|Teaching subject||Psycho-motor aspect|
|-||Relevant practical work|
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Results
- Candidates need to visit www.biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in in order to check their results and view the merit list.
- In order to check the results candidates need to enter their unique roll number, and roll code mentioned on their admit cards.
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Counselling
Once the results are out on the official website, the next step in the admission procedure is the counselling sessions.
Candidates require the following documents for this session:
- Bihar D.El.Ed admit card
- 10th marksheet
- 12th marksheet
- Transfer certificate
- Aadhar card
- Category certificate for SC/ST/OBC applicants
- 2 colored passport size photographs
Bihar D.El.Ed Admission 2021: Reservation
Candidates belonging to certain categories are provided reservation benefits in seats for the D.El.Ed program.
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Domicile of Bihar||5|
Ques. What language is the examination conducted in?
Ques. What do you need to carry inside the examination hall?
Ques. What can one do if there is some problem in the admit card?
Ques. What items are not allowed inside the examination room?
Ques. How do I access the site to fill up the online application?
Ques. In which format the scanned photograph and signature?
Ques. How do I know that my application is registered/successfully submitted?