West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education is a 2-year diploma program. The admission to the state of West Bengal for D.El.Ed is merit-based and no entrance examination is conducted.
The admission process for Deled is conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education. The application forms are available on the official website of the conducting body.
The candidates have to fill the form online and upload all the required documents for scrutiny. After the verification, the merit list is produced and admissions are taken.
West Bengal D.El.Ed Admissions: Highlights Table
|Course||Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.ED)|
|Level of Course||Diploma|
|Level of Examination||State Level|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Board of Primary Education|
|Mode of Application||Online|
West Bengal D.El.Ed Admissions: Dates
The important dates regarding the application form and admission are given in the table below.
|Release of Notification||July 31, 2020|
|Application Form||August 10, 2020|
|Last Date to apply||September 14, 2020|
|Scrutiny of Online Applications||Till November 10, 2020|
|Approval of Merit List||November 10, 2020|
|Final Admission approved List||Yet to be notified|
|Commencement of classes||Yet to be notified|
See Also: Top Deled Colleges in India
West Bengal D.El.Ed Admissions: Eligibility
- The nationality of the candidate must be Indian.
- The candidate must have passed his/her class 12 or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50 % from a recognized board. There is a relaxation of 5% in the marks for the candidates belonging to SC, ST, and OBC-A, OBC-B, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-servicemen category.
- The candidates who wish to seek admission to Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, Nepali, or Santhali medium must have studied and passed the Higher Secondary level with the same subjects as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate must have studied English as second or other languages.
- The maximum age limit for the general category candidates is 40 years. The age of the candidate must not exceed 40 years for the SC, ST, and the Physically Handicapped candidates. The candidates of the OBC-A and OBC-B category should not be above 38 years of age.
See Also: All about Deled
West Bengal D.El.Ed Admissions: Application Form Registration
The candidates who wish to take admission in the West Bengal Diploma in Elementary Education need to fill the application form made available online on the official website of the West Bengal Board of Primary Education.
There is no entrance test conducted for admission to WB D.El.Ed.
After the application forms are submitted, the application form and the uploaded documents are verified and scrutinized. After the verification, the applications are transferred to the login board by the respective institutions.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab.
- Fill in the required details mentioned in the application form.
- Fill in the academic details.
- Upload the mentioned documents.
- After filling the application form mark the declaration and submit the application form.
- Pay the application fee for confirming registration.
The documents which are required for the verification and scrutiny are
- Class 10 Admit Card (as age proof)
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-Servicemen Pension/Service Booklet/ Certificate
The application fee for the unreserved and OBC candidates is INR 100 and that for the other reserved candidates is INR 50.
West Bengal D.El.Ed Admissions Merit List
The merit list of the West Bengal D.El.Ed is released on the official website. The merit list is prepared by the conducting board. The merit list is transferred to the respective institution by the Board. The candidates can check their names on the merit list by downloading the list from the official website.
West Bengal D.El.Ed Admissions Reservation
The seat intake for every college is either 50 or 100 or 150.
The seat distribution for the Government and Government aided Institutes for various categories is mentioned below
|Particulars||Percentage seats||Percentage seats|
|Physically Handicapped (3%)||2||3|
|Deputed In-service Teacher||5||10|
The distribution of seats for the Private and Self Financed Institutes for the different categories is tabulated below
|50 seats||100 seats||150 seats|
|Physically Handicapped (3%)||2||3||5|
West Bengal D.El.Ed Admissions: Participating Institutes
There are many institutes which take up candidates for admission to West Bengal D.El.Ed.
The number of institutes including government and private institutes participating in the uptake of admission to various languages medium is
- Bengali – 639
- Hindi - 6
- Urdu – 1
- Nepali – 2
- Santhali - 1
West Bengal D.EL.ED FAQs
Ques. How to calculate the aggregate for the admission?
Ans. If the aggregate is not 50% or 45% in total then the marks of the best five subjects are taken into consideration. This score of best five is also taken for the preparation of the merit list.
Ques. Is there any subject which is not taken into consideration for the best five?
Ans. The best five scores do not include the score of the subject Environmental Studies.
Ques. Do all the candidates shortlisted in the merit list get admission?
Ans. All the candidates shortlisted in the merit list may not get a guaranteed seat in an institution. The admission to seat depends on the serial of the candidate on the merit list and seat availability.
Ques. How are candidates informed?
Ans. The candidates are intimated by the respective institutions through SMS/WhatsApp/Email approved serially in the merit list.
Ques. What is the age limit for the Ex-Servicemen Applicant?
Ans. The Ex-Servicemen Applicant should not be above the age of 55 years.