Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare is a one year diploma course. Which focuses on protecting labour and ensuring their fair, healthy and safe work environment leading to increased productivity.
The subject which is to be taught are laws related to wages and their fixation, laws related to conditions of work, laws related to industrial relations and laws related to social security and legislation.
Candidates who have passed the bachelor degree with 55% marks are eligible for the diploma course. Various law colleges offer diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare on the entrance and merit basis both. It's also a residential and correspondence course which one can choose from both the perspectives.
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare Course Highlights
These are the main details of the Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare.
|Course Level||Diploma course|
|Full form||Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare|
|Duration||One academic year|
|Exam Type||Semester system|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test|
|Course fees||INR 10,000-30,000|
|Average Salary||INR 5,00000- 15,00000|
|Top Recruiters||AFL-CIO,NECA, NELA Etc.|
|Job positions||Trade union leader, Employment lawyer, Labour Officer, CRM etc.|
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare: Admission Process
There are various government and private colleges who accept various entrance exams for admission in Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare. Some famous exams who conduct exams for the same are MAH CET,SET,SNAP,AILET,CLAT. There are also various private self exams of the private institutions. There are also merit based admission to the course.
Institutions announce the notification for the admissions prior to one month of the exam. A separate link for the application came into existence in the same.
Candidates need to register themselves on the same link for the further details. Candidates need to fill all the necessary information in the form. Upload all the scanned copies of the documents. Review the application before submitting. Submit the application and pay the fees online through debit card, net banking etc. Print your application so you can have that in time for the admit card.
There are different fees for different colleges. State entrance fees are very nominal while private institutions have more fees than that. Candidates have to pay the fees to successfully apply online.
Issue of Admit card
After accepting the online application admit card will be allocated to the candidate within the same month for the entrance exam. Candidates need to print the admit card. Candidates should have the admit card while giving the exams. Candidates who will not have their admit card will not be able to give exams. No such candidates will be entertained.
Candidates need to prepare for the examination in accordance with the syllabus to successfully pass the exam. Students must focus to submit all questions within the prescribed time frame. Candidates must have a good strategy to pass the examination.
After the exam result will be announced within the month. Candidates can check their result on the official website. Successful candidates need to appear for an interview or counseling round.
Counselling/interview and final list of the admission:
Candidates who have passed the entrance exam will be asked to present for the interview or counselling round and there they will be asked to present their documents. Authorities will verify the documents if anyone found having the wrong or invaly documents their candidature will be rejected.
Institute will prepare a final list of the examination and with that the date and time for the commencement of the new session will take place.
Eligibility Criteria: Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare (H2)
Candidates need to check whether they are eligible or not for the course by taking a look at eligibility criteria which as follows
- Candidates must have passed the bachelor degree with 55% marks from the UGC approved University.
- Candidates who passed or have the equivalent diploma or experience will also be considered eligible.
- There is no age limit to appear for the entrance or for the admission into the course.
Popular Entrance Exams for Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare
There are many Central and State exams to take place in various Central and State College for the course. However there are also private exams held by private institutions for admission into the course. CLAT, AILET, LSAT are some of the common entrance exams for Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|CLAT||National Law University||June 13, 2021||OFFLINE|
|MAH CET||State Entrance Common Test Cell, Govt. of Maharashtra||4th week of April 2021||ONLINE|
|AILET||National Law University, Delhi||June 20,2021||OFFLINE|
|LSAT||Law School Admission Council||May 10, 2021||OFFLINE|
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare Syllabus
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare is of one year and total semester are two. 4 papers to be taught in the diploma which as follows:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Law Relating to Industrial Relations and Industrial dispute act||Law of Wages and Monetary benefits payments of Wages Act|
|Industrial Employment Act||Equal Remuneration Act 1965|
|State Legislation dealing with Labour||Payment of Gratuity Act 1976|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Employee State Insurance Act||Laws Relating to Industrial Relations Trade Unions Act|
|Workmen Compensation Act||1926 Factory Act|
|Fatal Accident Act||Employer’s Liability Act|
?Referred books for Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare
|Labour & Industrial Laws||Dr. V. G. Goswami|
|Labour laws||Sneha Mishra|
|Industrial and labour laws||S.P. Jain|
|Employer's guide to labour laws||S.R. Samant|
|Social security and labour laws||S.C. Srivastava|
Top colleges offering Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare offered in various government and private colleges in India. The average fees charged by the government college varies between INR 10,000-20,000. Average fees charged by the private institutions is around INR 15,000-30000.
|ILS LAW COLLEGE PUNE||INR 17,200|
|BHARTI VIDYAPEETH DEEMED UNIVERSITY||INR 27,000|
|SS MANIYAR Law College||INR 23,000|
|CT UNIVERSITY LUDHIANA||INR 1,77,000|
|SINHGAD LAW COLLEGE||INR 10,767|
|SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY PUNE||INR 27,000|
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare: College Comparison
|Parameters||ILS Law College||Indian Law Institute||Symbiosis law school|
|Objective||It is a top notch law college established in 1924. The alumni network of this college is so good that it rank top in law colleges||ILI is founded in 1956 to mainly aim as a research project but now it's development is in all sectors of law||Symbiosis law school is becoming a very famous law school in India for its excellent placement offers. It was founded in 1977 in Pune. Now it has regional centers from where students can study.|
|Average Fees||INR 10,000||INR 12,000||INR 25,000|
|Average Placement||INR 10,00000||INR 5,00000||INR 6,00000|
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare, What Is It About?
- Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare is a diploma course of 1 year which comes under the Labour Law.
- It is important for the lawyers/students who possess the interest in HR,CRM, Employment lawyer,Trade Union Leader etc.
- Many corporate lawyers find it a must do course for the better understanding of the relatable field.
- In the course duration students will learn various kinds of laws prevailing in India.
- There are a total 4 papers which fully describe the rules and regulations for the labour/employees.
- In the course students will get an idea of conditions of work.
Why Study Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare?
- Demand: The current scenario of rapid industrialization and the need of an immense workforce in the development sector raised the demand of lawyers in the field of employment and labour Welfare.
- HIGH PAY: The increased demand raised the pay scale of these profiles. An average Human Resource Manager in a firm earns more than the average income of an employee in that same firm. Which means that this course is very beneficial in the current scenario.
- Career opportunities: As a law diploma it provides immense diversity in career. It is very flexible for working professionals. People from the management sector choose this diploma to add more further in their cap and to create more opportunities for their career.
- After Completion of Diploma: A diploma holder of Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare earns a basic pay varies between INR 3,00000-6,00000. The opportunities in the government sector of labour officer, policy maker and so on is the best thing one can get after completion.
- Students who completed Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare can go for higher studies as PG diploma in Labour Laws and LLM with choosing the same field.
How To Get Admission In Good College?
There is always the competition for the best. So students should be aware of the fact of the competition level.
- Understand the paper pattern. It's always very important to understand the paper pattern.
- Solve previous year papers. Hence the question comes from previous year it's always necessary to solve previous year papers
- Since so many questions come from 11th and 12th standard so students need to read NCERT books for better preparation.
- Students must be aware of every date and details of the major colleges they are targeting for.
Course Comparison: Diploma in Taxation laws versus Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare
So here is the comparison between the two most sought out Diplomas of law.
|Parameters||Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare||Diploma in Taxation laws|
|Duration||1 year||1 year|
|Focus Area||Labour policies, work culture, social security legislations etc||Laws regarding the new Taxation policies.|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam||Entrance Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate degree||Graduate degree|
|Fees||INR 10,000-30,000||INR 20,000-50,000|
|Job options||Compliance officer,legal advisor, labour officer etc||Tax advisor, financial advisor, financial lawyer, compliance officer related to finance|
|Salary after completion||INR 5,00,000-15,00,000||INR 3,00,000-12,00,000|
|Areas of Employment||Legal areas with respect to labour laws and regulations||legal and financial services industry|
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare: Job Profiles and Career Opportunities
Lawyers after specialising in labour laws can work for various labour unions, corporations, labour companies and can also have job opportunities in both Private and Public Sector. They can work as Legal Analysts, Labour Welfare Officers etc. Some of the top notch job profiles with description are as follows
|Job Profile||Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Legal Analyst||They assist attorneys in drafting legal documents, Legal memos and other important documents.||4,50,000|
|Labour Welfare Officer||They perform all the duties prescribed under the Factory Act 1948.||4,49,150|
|Labour Relation Manager||They are mainly responsible for dealing the negotiations between companies and labour organisations.||5,03,445|
|Employment Lawyers||Employment Lawyers look after legal disputes between employees and employers.||4,66,967|
|Industrial Relations Manager||Industrial Relation Manager work is provide advice to the government and its agencies.||4,49,150|
Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare FAQs
Ques. What is the duration of the course?
Ques. What is the basic Eligibility for Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare?
Ques. How is ILS Pune for a Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour?
Ques. How is SS MANIYAR college for this course?
Ques. What is the last date to apply for the MAH CET for Diploma course?
Ques. What is the best book for Legal Aptitude?
Ques. Are entrance exams for Diploma in Labour Laws and Labour Welfare conducted online?
Ques. What is the average salary one gets after this course?
Ques. Can I get employed in the public sector after this diploma course?
Ques. What is the average salary of a Legal Analyst in India?