Table of Contents
LSAT India 2020 RPT: Result (Declared), Toppers, Cut Off & Counselling
LSAC India has declared results for LSAT 2020 RPT on August 13, 2020. The paper was successfully conducted from July 19-22 and on July 26, 2020 in RPT mode. The result has been declared in the form of a score card which the candidate can get access to by downloading his respective login credentials. Check LSAT 2020 Result
LSAT India 2020 result is announced as ascaled score between 420 and 480 as well as a percentile rank. A total of 6651 students registered for the test out of which 5706 candidates applied for the 5-year BA/BBA LLB programme, 686 for the 3-year LLB and another 259 candidates for 1-year LLM programme.
|Table of Contents|
Going by initial student responses, the entire test process was smooth that saw no technical glitches. The paper was moderately difficult with certain students facing problems in sectional time limit. Reading comprehensions was a bit lengthy, but all-in-all the paper was student-friendly.
This year LSAC had introduced major changes in LSAT 2020 exam. The paper had an added section - Variable Section. The section was to be ‘unscored’, comprising 23 unidentifiable questions which could be from Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, or Reading Comprehension section.
LSAT India 2020 Toppers
The list of LSAT India toppers 2020 has been released by the conducting body.
AIR 1: Shailja Beria
Shailja Beria successfully secured 1 AIR (All India Rank) acquiring the highest scores on a scale of 420-480. She also bagged the Topper’s Scholarship of ₹ 4 Lakh along with winning the top-most position in LSAT India. She is eyeing the CLAT exam and is looking forward to taking admission in the Jindal Global Law School.
AIR 1: Shivansh Sinha
Shivansh secured the same rank with a scaled score of 480 and a 99.96% percentile. He too successfully got the Topper’s scholarship of LSAT India and believes that it will cover accommodation/hostel fees and tuition fee for the 1st year of a law programme.
Shamnad Basheer Access to Justice Scholarship
Kiara D'Souza bagged 'Shamnad Basheer Access to Justice Scholarship’ in an essay competition held this year. Around 175 essay entries were received by LSAT India and her entry was marked as the best one.
LSAT India 2020 Scholarship
The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) has announced two scholarships of maximum Rs. 4 lakhs for aspiring lawyers under Shamnad Basheer Access to Justice Scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to candidate who will be achieving highest score in the written examination scheduled from July 19 onwards. The scholarship will cover tutition fees along with accommodation fees for the first year of law. Amount not used can be rolled over to the next year of law college.
How will the scholarship be awarded?
The Shamnad Basheer Access to Justice Scholarship on the basis of an essay competition among students who have registered for LSAT India 2020. The word limit of the essay should be not more than 1200 words. The document should have ‘double space’ within the lines and 1-inch margin on both sides.
What is the topic of Essay?
The essay must address the importance of diversity in the legal profession. Candidates have to write an essay in which they argue for or against the following claim, providing reasons for their position:
Claim: Having a legal professional class (lawyers, judges, etc.) characterized by diversity of gender, caste, wealth status, language, and regional identity makes for a more just legal system.
Candidates interested had to send in their essay before July 12, 2020 (midnight) on DiscoverLaw Scholarship@LSAC.org with “Diversity Essay” in the subject line.
LSAT India 2020 Scores
LSAC is expected to declares results for LSAT 2020 by the 2nd week of August. However, the dates are tentative and subject to change. Candidates who have appeared for the test will be scaled a score between 420-480, a score band, and also a percentile rank. On the basis of LSAT scores will their qualification for cut off will be decided, and thus their admission to law colleges will be defined.
LSAT India 2020 Cut Off
Pearson VUE is the authoritative body to release cut offs every year. The cut off is decided on various factors including the total number of test takers, the difficulty level of the test, and the availability of seats in each college.
The candidates who meet the cut off are then called to participate in LSAT Counselling. The schedule of LSAT Counselling will be notified separately to qualified candidates. Once the counselling is over, candidates are allotted seats as per their programme preference.
There are certain points to be kept in mind for LSAT Cut Off 2020:
- Pearson will release the cut off after declaration of LSAT 2020 results.
- The LSAT 2020 cut off will vary for each programme.
- After declaration of result, candidates will be called for LSAT 2020 Counselling.
- The LSAT 2020 cut off will be declared on online mode.
LSAT India 2020 Participating Colleges
There are around 85 colleges that give admission through LSAT. Below mentioned are names of LSAT participating colleges accumulated on the basis of previous year data.
- School of Law, Bangalore; Presidency University; Soundarya College of Law; O P Jindal Global University; NIMT Institute of Method & Law and N.A Global Law School - 100% admission is done through LSAT Scores.
- Institute of Law / AISECT University Bhopal (M.P), Glocal University’s Glocal Law School and Indore Institute of Law - 90% seats are filled through LSAT.
- GD Goenka University School of Law, Gurgaon - It conducts counselling to fill 80% of the seats.
|Alliance School of Law, Alliance University||Institute of Law & Research|
|NMIMS School of Law||Asian Law College (ALC)|
|Parul Institute of Law||B.N. Law College|
|Azim Premji University||B.S. Anangpuria Institute of Law|
|Central India College of Law||Haldia Law College|
|Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||NIMS Law School|
|Auro University School of Law||Dr. Anushka Vidhi Mahavidyalaya|
|JSS Law College||Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies (DILS)|
|MATS Law School||Geeta Institute of Law|
|School of Law, Noida International School||Altius Institute of Universal Studies|
|College of Legal Studies (UPES)||REVA University|
|Faculty of Law, ICFAI University||IMS Unison University|
|G.H. Raisoni Law School||Institute of Management Studies|
|Amity University, Manesar||Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University|
|NCU Law School||KLE B V Bellad Law College|
|VIT Law School||KLE’s GK Law college|
|K.R. Mangalam University||M A B Institue of Juridical Science|
|KLE Society’s Law College||Midnapore Law College|
|MATS Law School||BMS College of Law|
|Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law||NIMT Institute of Method & Law|
|School of Law, Gitam University||R N Patel Ipcowala School of Law and Justice|
|Faculty of Law, SGT University||Royal College of Law|
|School of Law, Ansal University||Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law|
|School of Law, Sharda University||C. M. R. Law School|
|School of Law, Galgotias University||Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law|
|Chotanagpur Law College||M.L. & G.E. Society’s Manikchand Pahade Law College|
|The ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education||Aurora|
|Faculty of Law, SRM University||Siddhartha Law College|
|Raffles School of Law, Raffles University||Smt. Kamlaben Ghambirchand Shah Law School|
|IFIM Law College||Tagore Public Law College|
|Lovely Professional University||Vaikunta Baliga College of Law|
|Saveetha College Of Law||Disha Law College|
|IIMT- Greater Noida||School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University|
|Aurora’s Legal Science Institute, Nalgonda||N A Global Law School|
|Jaipur School of Law||RNBGU School of Law|
|Chanakya Law College||Adamas University|
|Shri Swami Dayal Bhatnagar Law College||L J School of Law|
|Jagan Nath University||Glocal University’s Glocal Law School|
|Jai Hind Defence College of Law||JECRC University|
LSAT India 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
Things to keep in mind before taking LSAT India 2020
- Choose a test system that has Windows 8 or above Operating System, 2-4 GB and above RAM, Dual-Core / i3 or above processor, attached or integrated Camera, Internet with consistent speed (as equivalent to browsing), Updated Web Browser (Chrome or Firefox), 15 GB or more of free disk space and a functional Audio-Video-Microphone.
- Keep Login details i.e. User ID and Password shared via email in "exam access information' and, also available in Admit Card section of the applicant login. Click on "Agree to the Terms & Conditions" in order to access the password under Admit Card section.
- Without the webcam and, secure browser candidates would not be able to take LSAT India 2020 online proctored exam
- Also, ensure antivirus software is installed on your test system to secure any kind of threat via webcam
- Besides close applications such as Skype, Team Viewer, MS Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting, ShareIt, Webex from the task manager if running in your test system as it will hinder the test.
How to attempt LSAT India 2020?
- Candidates need to log-in exactly at the scheduled time on the test date to allow enough time to complete all exam access formalities.
- Keep a valid Photo ID while taking the exam such as UIDAI / Aadhaar Card (Aadhaar registration slip is NOT acceptable.), Passport, Election Card / Voter ID, PAN Card, Driver’s License, Employee ID containing photograph and signature. Make sure the photo ID proof is not expired or it will be considered invalid.
- In case, the photo IDs are not available then candidates can show their class 10 pass certificate/ mark sheet that has date of birth on it or Photo Identity (Issued by School, College or University) or original admit card issued by the Board for Class 12 examination with an affixed photograph.
- Keep the LSAT India 2020 admit card as a printout (showing on a mobile phone will not be accepted)
- Candidates can keep two blank papers, a (non-mechanical) pencil, a bottle of water (transparent), and an analogue wristwatch with them while taking the exam.
- The entire test will be remotely monitored and recorded via the webcam, therefore candidates should adhere to the test instructions or it will be considered cheating/ misconduct.
- The room/ area of taking the examination should be well lit and, must not be accessed by anyone other than the candidate
- Candidates should dress properly as if they are taking the exam at a test centre as the exam will be recorded and reviewed
Things not allowed while appearing for LSAT India 2020
- Use mobile phone for any purpose.
- Connect or disconnect any external storage devices.
- Attempt to copy the test material text or record the screen.
- Do not use headphones, earplugs, earbuds, or anything similar unless a specified accommodation is granted
- Access any prohibited materials such as pens, electronic devices, digital watches, calculators, study material, cameras or recording devices, headphones, PDA, or Food items. These should not be anywhere near the test system.
- Run any software application besides the test application.
- Leave the seat once the test has started.
- Disappear from the webcam’s view.
- Read test questions aloud, or speaking aloud about test questions.
- Communicating with anyone (even family members or any pet) other than your proctor.
LSAT India 2020 Exam Pattern
LSAT paper is designed in a manner that it assesses critical thinking skills of test takers via multiple choice sections. The paper, conducted in pen and paper mode, is divided into 4 sections - Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, and Variable section (recent addition). Candidates are required to attempt 115 questions in a time span of 2 hours 55 minutes.
|Section||Number of Questions||Duration|
|Analytical Reasoning||23||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning (1)||22||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning (2)||23||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 minutes|
|Total||~115||2 hours 55 minutes|
- Analytical Reasoning - The section aims to test deductive reasoning skills of the candidates. Test takers are posed situational-context questions, mainly case studies, and how well do they analyse the circumstances and come to a conclusion, keeping in mind the rules and regulations, is tested.
See examples of analytical reasoning questions.Check here
- Logical Reasoning - The questions are designed to evaluate the candidate's ability to understand, analyse, and criticise arguments involved in short passages.
See examples of logical reasoning questions.Check here
- Reading Comprehension - The questions in the section tests candidates ability to give an insightful reading, in specific examples of lengthy complex materials that are usually a part of law colleges curriculum.
See examples of logical reasoning questions.Check here
LSAT India 2020 Preparation Guide
Before appearing for the examination, candidates sit down and plan out a preparation strategy. With LSAT India 2020 becoming vivid from this year, a proper devising technique is the need of the hour.
There are many sample papers available on the official website, links of which have been provided below. Along with it, their are expert videos from LSAT worldwide which can provide you additional guidance.
LSAT Sample Paper 1
LSAT Sample Paper 2
LSAT Sample Paper 3
Along with this, there are LSAT Handbooks and other study material available on LSAT Official Website (India) that test takers can download as per their convenience.
LSAT Exam - Registration Process
LSAT 2020 will commence from July 19, 2020 onwards. To appear for the examination, candidates need to duly fill and submit the application form via registration portal.
Steps to fill LSAT 2020 Application Form:
To proceed with LSAT registration process, candidates will require the following things handy:
- Visit LSAT India official website - http://www.discoverlaw.in
- A new tab will open for registration window.
- Enter your personal details including Full Name, Email Id, Phone Number, State, City, and Programme.
- Valid email address and mobile number
- Passport size photograph; scanned with a light background
- Credit Card for payment of registration fee
- Post filling application form, candidates will have to make payment of registration fees. LSAT application fee is same for all categories in India.
Category Mode of Payment Application Fee General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Female Online INR 3800
- After duly filling the form, enter the captcha and click on Submit button.
Discover more about LSAT - Indian Participating Law Colleges
LSAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. Is LSAT different from CLAT and AILET?
Ans. Yes. There are many variations if one compares LSAT to CLAT and AILET. But the major difference lies in the kind of paper pattern. LSAT is a uniform paper for admission to five year integrated LLB program, three year LLB program, LLM course and PhD course. The case is different with CLAT and AILET as examination papers are different for UG and PG courses.
Ques. Does LSAT include any sectional time limit?
Ans. Yes. LSAT inlcudes sections that a candidate needs to attempt in a time frame of 35 minutes.
Ques. Are any changes introduced in LSAT India exam pattern?
Ans. Yes. LSAC has changed the exam pattern of LSAT India. A new section – Variable Section has been introduced comprising of 23 unscored questions.
Ques. What subjects are included in LSAT India?
Ans. LSAT India 2020 will comprise of five sections namely – Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning 1, Logical Reasoning 2, Reading Comprehension and Variable Section.
Ques. How will I know which section is the Variable Section?
Ans. It will not be known which section is the Variable Section. The questions will be spread over all sections. One should treat each question as a question that will increase your score count.
Ques. When will LSAT India 2020 test administered?
Ans. LSAT India will be conducted on May 17, 2020.
Ques. Which law colleges accept LSAT India score?
Ans. LSAC Global – India LLP has associated with many colleges where LSAT─India scores are a preferred criterion for admission. You can find the complete list of LSAT─India Associated Colleges here .
Ques. How do I get to know that my LSAT India registration is complete?
Ans. The registration for LSAT India 2020 is complete when you have entered all of the required information on the registration site and submitted payment. You will receive an email confirming that your registration is complete.
Ques. What if I do not receive the test prep material after the payment of registration fee?
Ans. In a case where you do not get the study material that you are entitled for after the payment of application fee, you need to contact LSAC India helpline center.within 7 days of receiving confirmation of your successful registration.
Ques. What is the purpose of the Registration Number?
Ans. The registration number is a unique number that you will use to identify yourself on the Answer Sheet on the test day, as well as at other times. You should note down your registration number and retain it for future reference
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College