AIFD WAT 2019 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application Form & Syllabus
AIFD WAT 2019 is a qualifying entrance exam for admission to Bachelor of Science in Fashion and Apparel Design (B.Sc FAD) offered by Army Institute of Fashion and Design, an Institute of Army Education Welfare Society and is affiliated to Bangalore University.
- AIFD WAT 2019 will be conducted on April 28, 2019.
- Application form for AIFD WAT 2019 can be filled offline and can be downloaded from official website i.e. www.aifdonline.in
|AIFD WAT Eligibility||AIFD WAT 2019 Application Forms||AIFD WAT Exam Pattern|
- The exam is conducted in Offline Pen Paper Based Test Method
- Duration of AIFD WAT 2019 entrance exam is 3 Hours
- AIFD WAT 2019 Test Paper will consist of 73 questions -70 objective type questions and 3 questions on designing and drawing
- Test Paper is divided into 2 kinds of questions - Objective type questions and Drawing and Design questions.
- Result for AIFD WAT 2019 will be declared May 08, 2019 on official website of AIFD, i.e. www.aifdonline.in
- There will be only one list of passed candidates; no other list will be declared.
- Entire process of admission will go on until 3rd week of June after the completion of Counselling and admission.
- Passed candidates need to deposit admission fee and hostel fee (INR 10000/- and INR 5000/- respectively) within stipulated time.
After completion of fee submission fee, a final list of selected candidates will be displayed on website. By the end of 3rd week of June 2019, admission process will be over for B.Sc. (FAD) programme.
AIFD WAT 2019 Exam Highlights
Candidates can check some of the major highlights for the exam in the table below:
|Name of Exam||Army Institute of Fashion & Design Written Admission Test|
|Date of AIFD WAT 2019||April 28, 2019|
|Conducting Body||Army Institute of Fashion and Design, Bangalore|
|Mode of AIFD WAT||Offline Pen Paper Based Test|
|Duration of AIFD WAT||03 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions - 70 questions|
Drawing Questions 03 questions
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Science in Fashion and Apparel Design|
AIFD WAT 2019 Exam Dates
AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form will be available from February 2019 and after completion of application form submission, admit card is released. AIFD WAT 2019 is tentatively scheduled for the month of the May.
Candidates can check the detailed schedule for AIFD WAT 2019:
|AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form Availability for UG||February 10, 2019|
|Last date of Submission of AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form||March 25, 2019|
|Last date of Submission of AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form with Late Fee||March 31, 2019|
|AIFD WAT 2019 Admit Card Availability||March 31, 2019|
|AIFD WAT 2019 Exam||April 28, 2019|
|Declaration of Result for AIFD WAT 2019||May 8, 2019|
|Registration of passed candidates for Admission||First week of June 2019|
|Announcement of final list of candidates for admission||Last of 1st week of Je 2019|
|Payment of balance of Institute and Hostel Fee||Third week of June 2019|
|Reporting to Institute for admission (Selected candidates only||Third week of June 2019|
|Commencement of Course||Fourth week of June 2019|
AIFD WAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should carefully check whether they meet the eligibility criteria related to academic qualification, minimum secured marks, and specific category. The eligibility criteria specified by AIFD is stated below:
- Academic Qualification: Class 11th & 12th as regular students in similar subjects from any recognised board with minimum 35% marks
- Physical Fitness: Mentally and Physically Fit. A form (enclosed with prospectus) is to be submitted after getting it attested by a designated government officer or medical practitioner
- Specific Category: Children of eligible serving army personnel (min. 10 years of service), wards of eligible ex-army personnel, children of war widows/widows of army personnel are eligible to claim reservation under their respective categories
AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form
AIFD WAT application form will be available in both online and offline mode. Candidates can check below the ways in which candidates can obtain the application form as well as steps to apply for AIFD WAT.
How to get Application Form for AIFD WAT 2019:
- By Post
- Candidate will have to send a Demand Draft of INR 550/- in favour of “Army Institute of Fashion and Design” payable at Bengaluru
- Amount of application fee is INR 500/-; postage changes are INR 50/-
- On receipt of DD, AIFD will dispatch WAT 2019 Application Form with prospectus to the candidate’s correspondence address.
Note: Remember to mention Candidate’s Name on reverse side of DD
- Receive Personally from:
- AIFD Campus in Bengaluru
- Army Headquarters
- Command Headquarters
Candidate will have to submit DD (as stated above) of INR 500/- to the office (any one as mentioned above) for receiving AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form
- Download from www.aifdonline.in
Candidate can download WAT 2019 Application form online with prospectus
Submission of AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form
- Candidate will have to submit it by post. Online mode for submitting application form is not available.
- Candidate who has downloaded application form will have to enclose DD with application form
Address for Posting AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form:
Principal, Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore,
Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangaluru – 560077
Steps for AIFD WAT 2019 Application Form
- Receive Application Form (Online / Offline)
- Fill it up completely with all other forms** like:
- Admit Card
- Attendance Card
- Hostel application form
- Certificates for Army Service (as per relevance)
- Willingness Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Issue a valid demand draft (DD) from a nationalized bank in favour
- Attach a Blank Envelop stamped with postal stamp of INR 25/-
- Enclose all Documents required for eligibility proof and category proof (as stated above)
- Send it to above mentioned AIFD Address before the last date for submission of application form for AIFD WAT 2019
- *For downloaded application form only, in offline mode DD will be submitted while receiving Application Form
- **All given form and formats will be available with AIFD WAT 2019 application form
AIFD WAT 2019 Admit Card
AIFD WAT 2019 Admit Card will be sent by post to the registered address of applicants in the 4th week of April 2019. Admit card for AIFD WAT 2019 are not available for download on the official date or through a
Non-Receipt of Admit Card for AIFD WAT 2019
- If applicant does not find admit card by end of 1st week of May 2019, it should be brought to the notice of the office of the Principal, AIFD.
- Principal Office, AIFD may be contacted on phone number 080 – 60669001 / 02 and mobile number 09035316000.
- In correspondence regarding AIFD WAT 2019 Admit Card, applicant must mention- Full Name, Address and Application number.
- Applicant can get Admit Card for AIFD WAT 2019 directly from the office of the Principal, AIFD Bengaluru. Applicant will have to submit an application for getting Admit Card issued by the university with the declaration of non-receipt of Admit Card enclosing self-attested photocopy of valid ID Proof.
A Bank Demand Draft of INR 50/- in favour of Army Institute of Fashion and Design Payable at Bengaluru will have to be generated and this DD will be attached with the Application for issuing a Duplicate Admit Card. A self-photograph, similar to what pasted on AFID WAT 2019 entrance exam application form, will also be required to submit with Application and DD.
If Admit Card for AIFD WAT 2019 is Lost
- In case Admit Card is lost, applicant may reach to office of the Registrar, FRI Deemed University, Dehradun and can receiving Admit Card submitting an application for issuing a duplicate admit card for AIFD WAT 2019 entrance exam with self-declaration of loosing Admit Card.
- Applicant should attach a photocopy of ID Proof showing self- photograph, full name, application number, and address.
- A Bank DD as is mentioned above will also be required to submit with Application and self-attested Photocopy of ID Proof.
Alternative Source of Getting Admit Card
- Applicant must contact the office in-charge of WAT 2019 examination center (exam center that was given first preference by applicant while filling in application form for AIFD WAT).
- They have to submit an application with self- photograph for issuing Duplicate Admit Card to the office in-charge of AIFD WAT 2019 Exam Center.
- Office in-charge of exam center has authority to allow applicant for appearing provisionally in the AIFD WAT exam
Principal, Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore,
Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077
AIFD WAT 2019 Exam Center
AIFD WAT 2019 Exam is to be conducted in 06 cities of India. Exam Centers may change in case of any unforeseen circumstances, so applicant should be aware of the latest updates about the AIFD WAT 2019 entrance exam, which can be known from the official website of AIFD i.e. www.aifdonline.in
Below here, all exam centers are being mentioned for ready reference:
|Center Code||Cities (Code)||Venue||Contact No.|
|1||Pune (01 )||Army Public School Near Signal Regiment Southern Command; Sholapur Road, Pune- 411 001||020 - 26102255 020 - 26362304 020- 26341404 2255 (Military)|
|2||Bangalore (02)||Army Public School Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore - (Karnataka) 560042||080 -25361238 6903(Military)|
|3||Delhi (03)||Army Public School Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantt - 110 010||011-26155645|
|4||Kolkata (04)||Army Public School Ballygunge Maidan Camp Kolkata-700019||033-24742968|
033-24767629 6758 & 6579(Mil)
|5||Lucknow (05)||Army Public School LBS Margt. Lucknow Cantt. (U.P.) 226002||0522-2296929 6929 (Military)|
|6||Guwahati (06)||Army School Narangi PO Satgaon Guwahati 781027 (Assam)||0361 - 2642299 6075 (Military)|
AIFD WAT 2019 Exam Pattern
AIFD WAT 2019 entrance exam will be conducted on April 28, 2019.
- AIFD WAT 2019 is an offline Pen Paper Based Test, duration of which is 03 hours.
- AIFD WAT 2019 entrance exam comprises of 01 test paper which has 73 total questions; 70 questions out of which are of objective types, multiple-choice questions and rest of the 03 question are of Design and Drawing skills questions.
- Maximum marks are 100 and each objective type question carries one (1) mark for correct answer. Negative marking scheme is not applicable in AIFD WAT 2019.
- AIFD WAT 2019 entrance exam test paper can be divided into 2 parts objective type questions and drawing questions.
- Objective Type Questions: (70 marks)
- General Knowledge
- General Reasoning
- Drawing Question: (30 marks)
- Drawing and Essay or Description writing on drawing subject
Pattern of Questions Paper in AIFD WAT 2019
The paper wise distribution of sections and questions in each section is tabulated below for reference:
|Paper Parts:||Name of the Section Topics||Max. Question||Max. Marks||Weightage|
|Part-I||Gen. Knowledge and Gen||70||70||70%|
|Drawing and Essay Writing|
AIFD WAT 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for AIFD WAT 2019 consists of one test paper divided into 2 parts and each part of test paper has weightage on the basis of marks. Equal marks are allotted to each question in
Part I of test paper. Standard of contents of syllabus will be as per the class 10th standard.
For reference purpose, some important contents of each topic are as follows:
|Topics for AIFD WAT exam||Description|
|General Knowledge||History of Art and Design History of Religion, Freedom Movements, Ruling Dynasties Current Affairs - Sports, Awards, Films|
Type of Cotemporary Designing Technology and Fashions Companies and Brands
|General Reasoning||Find odd one out Basic mathematical calculations Relations Matching the related words Coding & Decoding|
|Sketch, Design, Drawing and Essay Writing||Make a sketch similar to showing in Test Paper Design any image of Dress, Ring, Necklace, Hat, and Pendant in different geometric shapes etc. Drawing any given scene like Nature, Raining, Crowd, Bus Stop, Restaurant, Temple, Garden, School etc and write some descriptive lines like essay|
AIFD WAT 2019 Result
AIFD WAT 2019 Result can be checked on the official website of AIFD i.e. www.aifdonline.in, from
Steps to check result for AIFD WAT 2019:
- Open www.aifdonline.in
- Look for Admission Result on Home Page
- Click on AIFD WAT 2019 Result
- A List will be displayed showing Selected Candidates Information and another part for candidates who are in waiting list
- In this list WAT Merit Number, Name of Candidate and WAT Roll Number are mentioned
Some key highlights of AIFD 2019 Results are listed below:
- Every candidate who passed in AIFD WAT 2019, will be contacted and informed by Institute personally
- AIFD WAT 2019 Result will also be declared on notice board of the Institute AIFD
- The final result will be announced after completion of registrations
- A list of finally selected candidates will be published on the official website
- Selected candidate will have to submit admission fee and required documents within the stipulated time frame.
Check Detailed AIFD WAT 2019 Result
AIFD WAT 2019 Counselling
AIFD WAT 2019 Counselling is basically seat allocation process and completion of other admission formalities. Candidate needs to present original Academic documents, Domicile Certificate, Proof of Category, AIFD WAT Admit Card etc.
- Candidates, who achieved higher ranks in merit list, get first chance for reserve seats.
- There will be only one round of counselling and admission process.
- After declaration of result, shortlisted candidates will be informed to deposit course registration fee INR 10000/- and hostel fee INR 5000/-.
- On completion of registration process in 3-4 days after result, a final list of selected candidates will be declared on institute’s official website i.e. www.aifdonline.in
- Finally, selected Candidates will have to deposit rest of the fee amount for the first-year course.
- After online announcement of qualified candidates, joining instruction will be dispatched to registered correspondence addresses of the candidates and intimation for admission will be made personally.
- Admission will be finalized once candidate reposts for counselling and admission process after submission of fee.
- After counselling, seat will have to be reserved by depositing admission fee, original documents with admission form, and other charges within stipulated time.
- If candidate fails to submit admission fee within the stipulated time, admission will be cancelled and seat will be made available to subsequent rank holder in waiting list.
- No change in course/campus will be possible in case a candidate has been successfully admitted to any course after counselling process and seat is reserved for the candidate.
- Candidates can withdraw from admission within a time limit. Fee paid for registration and hostel is reimbursed after deducting INR 4000/- against admission processing charges
- If candidate fails to complete withdrawal process from admission within time limit, paid fee will not be refunded.
Documents Required During Counselling: (In original Form)
- Filled in Admission form
- Score Card and Admit Card of AIFD WAT 2019
- Admission Fee in Cash or DD or Print of Online Payment Acknowledgement
- Proof of being ward Army Personnel
- Proof of Award given to Parents of Candidate (for which benefit in admission is provided)
- Mark sheets and pass certificate of H.S.C / S.S.C. / Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSC as the case may be.
- Consent of Parents / Legal Guardian for admission in prescribed format
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended if required
- Karnataka Domicile / Bonafide Certificate (if admitted under privilege given to Karnataka Domicile)
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Form
- Identity Proof as Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / or School ID issued by competent authority
In case candidate fails in submitting above mentioned documents during counselling session or within the stipulated time, admission will be cancelled.
For details about different prescribed formats and forms, please refer to Admission Brochure.
Important Contact Information:
Army Institute of Fashion and Design, Bangalore (AIFD)
Kothanur PO, Bengaluru - 560077
Admission Helpline Contact:
Telephone no.: 80-60669001
Mobile Number: 9035316000
Email Address: email@example.com
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College