AIFD WAT is the qualifying entrance exam for admission in Bachelor of Science in Fashion and Apparel Design (B.Sc FAD) offered by Army Institute of Fashion and Design, and Institute of Army Education Welfare Society which is affiliated to Bangalore University.
- AIFD WAT 2021 will be conducted in May 2021, in Online mode.
- AIFD WAT 2021 Registration will commence from 3rd week March 2021.
- AIFD WAT 2021 Admit Card date will be announced soon.
- The test paper consists of 73 questions – 70 objective type questions and 3 questions on designing and drawing. Check AIFD WAT Exam Pattern
- The duration of AIFD WAT 2021 entrance exam is 3 Hours
- AIFD WAT 2021 Results will be announed in August 2021 (Tentatively).
AIFD WAT 2021 Exam Highlights
Candidates can check some of the major highlights for the exam in the table below:
|Name of Exam||Army Institute of Fashion & Design Written Admission Test|
|Date of AIFD WAT 2021||July 2021|
|Conducting Body||Army Institute of Fashion and Design, Bangalore|
|Mode of AIFD WAT||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of AIFD WAT||03 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions - 70 questions |
Drawing Questions 03 questions
|Course Offered||Bachelor of Science in Fashion and Apparel Design|
AIFD WAT 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the tentative schedule for AIFD WAT 2021:
|Submission of AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form||3rd week of March 2021|
|AIFD WAT 2021 Admit Card Availability||To be announced|
|AIFD WAT 2021 Exam||May 2021|
|Declaration of Result for AIFD WAT 2021||to be notified|
|Registration of passed candidates for Admission||to be notified|
|Announcement of final list of candidates for admission||to be notified|
|Payment of balance of Institute and Hostel Fee||to be notified|
|Reporting to Institute for admission (Selected candidates only)||to be notified|
|Commencement of Course||to be notified|
AIFD WAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should carefully check whether they meet the eligibility criteria related to academic qualification, minimum secured marks, and specific category. The eligibility criteria specified by AIFD is stated below:
- Academic Qualification: Class 11th & 12th as regular students in similar subjects from any recognized board with minimum 35% marks
- Physical Fitness: Mentally and Physically Fit. A form (enclosed with prospectus) is to be submitted after getting it attested by a designated government officer or medical practitioner
- Specific Category: Children of eligible serving Army personnel (min. 10 years of service), wards of eligible ex-army personnel, children of war widows/widows of army personnel are eligible to claim reservation under their respective categories
AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form
AIFD WAT application form will be available in both online and offline mode. Candidates can check below the ways in which candidates can obtain the application form as well as steps to apply for AIFD WAT.
How to get Application Form for AIFD WAT 2021:
- By Post
- The candidate will have to send a Demand Draft of INR 550/- in favor of “Army Institute of Fashion and Design” payable at Bengaluru
- Amount of application fee is INR 500/-; postage charges are INR 50/-
- On receipt of DD, AIFD will dispatch WAT 2021 Application Form with prospectus to the candidate’s correspondence address.
Note: Remember to mention Candidate’s Name on the reverse side of DD
- Receive Personally from:
- AIFD Campus in Bengaluru
- Army Headquarters
- Command Headquarters
Candidate will have to submit DD (as stated above) of INR 500/- to the office (anyone as mentioned above) for receiving AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form
- Download from aifdonline.in
Candidate can download WAT 2021 Application form online with prospectus
Submission of AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form
- Candidate will have to submit it by post. Online mode for submitting the application form is not available.
- Candidate who has downloaded application form will have to enclose DD with the application form
Address for Posting AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form:
Principal, Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore,
Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangaluru – 560077
Steps for AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form
- Receive Application Form (Online / Offline)
- Fill it up completely with all other forms** like:
- Admit Card
- Attendance Card
- Hostel application form
- Certificates for Army Service (as per relevance)
- Willingness Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Issue a valid demand draft (DD) from a nationalized bank in favour
- Attach a Blank Envelope stamped with postal stamp of INR 25/-
- Enclose all Documents required for eligibility proof and category proof (as stated above)
- Send it to above mentioned AIFD Address before the last date for submission of application form for AIFD WAT 2021
- *For downloaded application form only, in offline mode DD will be submitted while receiving Application Form
- **All given form and formats will be available with AIFD WAT 2021 application form
AIFD WAT 2021 Admit Card
AIFD WAT 2021 Admit Card will be sent by post to the registered address of applicants in the last week of April 2021.
Non-Receipt of Admit Card for AIFD WAT 2021
- If the applicant does not find admit card by end of 1st week of May 2021, it should be brought to the notice of the office of the Principal, AIFD.
- Principal Office, AIFD may be contacted on phone number 080 – 60669001 / 02 and mobile number 09035316000.
- In correspondence regarding AIFD WAT 2021 Admit Card, the applicant must mention- Full Name, Address, and Application number.
- The applicant can get Admit Card for AIFD WAT 2021 directly from the office of the Principal, AIFD Bengaluru. The applicant will have to submit an application for getting Admit Card issued by the university with the declaration of non-receipt of Admit Card enclosing a self-attested photocopy of valid ID Proof.
A Bank Demand Draft of INR 50/- in favor of the Army Institute of Fashion and Design Payable at Bengaluru will have to be generated and this DD will be attached with the Application for issuing a Duplicate Admit Card. A self-photograph, similar to what pasted on AFID WAT 2021 entrance exam application form, will also be required to submit with Application and DD.
If Admit Card for AIFD WAT 2021 is Lost
- In case Admit Card is lost, the applicant may reach the office of the Registrar, FRI Deemed University, Dehradun and can receiving Admit Card submitting an application for issuing a duplicate admit card for AIFD WAT 20211 entrance exam with self-declaration of losing Admit Card.
- Applicant should attach a photocopy of ID Proof showing self- photograph, full name, the application number, and address.
- A Bank DD as is mentioned above will also be required to submit with Application and self-attested Photocopy of ID Proof.
Alternative Source of Getting Admit Card
- The applicant must contact the officer-in-charge of the WAT 2021 examination center (exam center that was given first preference by the applicant while filling in the application form for AIFD WAT).
- They have to submit an application with self- photograph for issuing Duplicate Admit Card to the officer-in-charge of the AIFD WAT 2021 Exam Center.
- Office in-charge of exam center has authority to allow an applicant for appearing provisionally in the AIFD WAT exam
Principal, Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore,
Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077
AIFD WAT 2021 Exam Center
AIFD WAT 2021 exam is to be conducted in 06 cities of India. Exam Centers may change in case of any unforeseen circumstances, so the applicant should be aware of the latest updates about the AIFD WAT 2021 entrance exam, which can be known from the official website of AIFD i.e. aifdonline.in
Below here, all exam centers are being mentioned for ready reference:
|Center Code||Cities (Code)||Venue||Contact No.|
|1||Pune (01 )||Army Public School Near Signal Regiment Southern Command; Sholapur Road, Pune- 411 001||020 - 26102255 020 - 26362304 020- 26341404 2255 (Military)|
|2||Bangalore (02)||Army Public School Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore - (Karnataka) 560042||080 -25361238 6903(Military)|
|3||Delhi (03)||Army Public School Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantt - 110 010||011-26155645 |
|4||Kolkata (04)||Army Public School Ballygunge Maidan Camp Kolkata-700019||033-24742968 |
033-24767629 6758 & 6579(Mil)
|5||Lucknow (05)||Army Public School LBS Margt. Lucknow Cantt. (U.P.) 226002||0522-2296929 6929 (Military)|
|6||Guwahati (06)||Army School Narangi PO Satgaon Guwahati 781027 (Assam)||0361 - 2642299 6075 (Military)|
AIFD WAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- AIFD WAT is an offline Pen Paper Based Test, the duration of which is 03 hours.
- AIFD WAT 2021 entrance exam will comprise of 01 test paper which has 73 total questions; 70 questions out of which are of objective types, multiple-choice questions and the rest of the 03 questions are of Design and Drawing skills questions.
- Maximum marks are 100 and each objective type question carries one (1) mark for the correct answer. The negative marking scheme is not applicable in AIFD WAT 2021.
- AIFD WAT entrance exam test paper can be divided into 2 parts objective type questions and drawing questions.
- Objective Type Questions: (70 marks)
- General Knowledge
- General Reasoning
- Drawing Question: (30 marks)
- Drawing and Essay or Description writing on drawing the subject
Pattern of Questions Paper in AIFD WAT 2021
The paper wise distribution of sections and questions in each section is tabulated below for reference:
|Paper Parts:||Name of the Section Topics||Max. Question||Max. Marks||Weightage|
|Part-I||Gen. Knowledge and Gen||70||70||70%|
|Drawing and Essay Writing|
AIFD WAT 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for AIFD WAT 2021 consists of one test paper divided into 2 parts and each part of the test paper has weightage on the basis of marks. Equal marks are allotted to each question in
Part I of the test paper. The standard of contents of the syllabus will be as per the class 10th standard.
For reference purpose, some important contents of each topic are as follows:
|Topics for AIFD WAT exam||Description|
|General Knowledge||History of Art and Design History of Religion, Freedom Movements, Ruling Dynasties Current Affairs - Sports, Awards, Films |
Type of Contemporary Designing Technology and Fashions Companies and Brands
|General Reasoning||Find the odd one out Basic mathematical calculations Relations Matching the related words Coding & Decoding|
|Sketch, Design, Drawing and Essay Writing||Make a sketch similar to showing in Test Paper Design any image of Dress, Ring, Necklace, Hat, and Pendant in different geometric shapes etc. Drawing any given scene like Nature, Raining, Crowd, Bus Stop, Restaurant, Temple, Garden, School etc and write some descriptive lines like essay|
AIFD WAT 2021 Result
AIFD WAT 2021 Result will release at the official website of AIFD i.e. aifdonline.in in the last week of May.
Steps to check the result for AIFD WAT 2021:
- Open aifdonline.in
- Look for Admission Result on Home Page
- Click on AIFD WAT 2021 Result
- A list will be displayed showing Selected Candidates Information and another part for candidates who are in waiting list
- In this list WAT Merit Number, Name of Candidate and WAT Roll Number are mentioned
Some key highlights of AIFD 2021 Results are listed below:
- Every candidate who passed in AIFD WAT 2021, will be contacted and informed by Institute personally.
- AIFD WAT 2021 Result will also be declared on the notice board of the Institute AIFD.
- The final result will be announced after the completion of registrations.
- A list of finally selected candidates will be published on the official website.
- The selected candidate will have to submit the admission fee and required documents within the stipulated time frame.
Check Detailed AIFD WAT 2021 Result
AIFD WAT 2021 Counselling
AIFD WAT 2021 Counselling is basically a seat allocation process and completion of other admission formalities. Candidate needs to present original Academic documents, Domicile Certificate, Proof of Category, AIFD WAT Admit Card, etc.
- Candidates, who achieved higher ranks in the merit list, get a first chance for reserve seats.
- There will be only one round of counselling and admission process.
- After declaration of result, shortlisted candidates will be informed to deposit course registration fee INR 10000/- and hostel fee INR 5000/-.
- On completion of the registration process in 3-4 days after the result, a final list of selected candidates will be declared on institute’s official website i.e. www.aifdonline.in
- Finally, selected Candidates will have to deposit the rest of the fee amount for the first-year course.
- After online announcement of qualified candidates, joining instruction will be dispatched to registered correspondence addresses of the candidates and intimation for admission will be made personally.
- Admission will be finalized once candidate reposts for counselling and admission process after submission of fee.
- After counselling, seat will have to be reserved by depositing admission fee, original documents with admission form, and other charges within stipulated time.
- If candidate fails to submit admission fee within the stipulated time, admission will be cancelled and seat will be made available to subsequent rank holder in waiting list.
- No change in course/campus will be possible in case a candidate has been successfully admitted to any course after counselling process and seat is reserved for the candidate.
- Candidates can withdraw from admission within a time limit. Fee paid for registration and hostel is reimbursed after deducting INR 4000/- against admission processing charges
- If candidate fails to complete withdrawal process from admission within time limit, paid fee will not be refunded.
Documents Required During Counselling: (In original Form)
- Filled in Admission form
- Score Card and Admit Card of AIFD WAT 2021
- Admission Fee in Cash or DD or Print of Online Payment Acknowledgement
- Proof of being ward Army Personnel
- Proof of Award given to Parents of Candidate (for which benefit in admission is provided)
- Mark sheets and pass certificate of H.S.C / S.S.C. / Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSC as the case may be.
- Consent of Parents / Legal Guardian for admission in prescribed format
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended if required
- Karnataka Domicile / Bonafide Certificate (if admitted under privilege given to Karnataka Domicile)
- Medical Fitness Certificate in prescribed Form
- Identity Proof as Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / or School ID issued by competent authority
In case candidate fails in submitting above mentioned documents during counselling session or within the stipulated time, admission will be cancelled.
For details about different prescribed formats and forms, please refer to Admission Brochure.
Important Contact Information:
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.