AIIMS, New Delhi, has released INI CET 2021 January session Open round counselling result in the PDF format. The seat allotment result for round 2 of counselling was released on Jan 4, 2021. Candidates who had not registered for round 1 cannot participate in the further rounds of counselling. Check AIIMS PG 2021 Counselling
AIIMS PG 2021 Cut-off is the minimum percentile that candidates should secure in order to pass the exam for Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Masters of Surgery (MS). AIIMS PG 2021 cut off is 50th percentile for all the categories which includes General, OBC, SC, ST, and PWD. Check AIIMS PG Cut off 2021
AIIMS Delhi has announced AIIMS PG Result 2021 of INI CET January session exam held on Nov 20, 2020. The result has been released in PDF format. Candidates can check their roll numbers, ranks, and percentile in the PDF. The authority has released the result for candidates who have appeared for DM/MCh and MD (Hospital Administration) Stage I exam. The Stage II qualified candidates who have appeared for Departmental Clinical/ Practical / Lab-Based Assessment through video conferencing can also check their final results. Check AIIMS PG 2021 Result
Around 815 seats will be offered in various programs to all the qualified candidates. The exam has been conducted for admission in Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS), Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), Master of Surgery (MC), and Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in AIIIMS PG, JIPMER PG, PGIMER, and NIMHANS. Check AIIMS PG 2021 Paper Analysis
For MD/MS degree, a candidate needs to hold an MBBS degree from any university duly recognized by the MCI or State Medical Councils. Likewise, a BDS degree from any university duly recognized by the Dental Council of India or State Dental Council is mandatory for getting admission into MDS courses. Check AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria.
AIIMS PG 2021 January Session Counselling Dates
|Seat Allocation process releases|
|1st Round Schedule|
|Exercising of Choices (Institute and subject/specialty)|
|Announcement of Seat allocation of Mock of 1st Round|
|Announcement of seat allocation of 1st Round|
|Seat Allocation & Reporting/Joining with Submission of Documents/Online payment of Caution Money|
|2nd Round Schedule|
|Exercising of Choices (Institute and subject/specialty)|
|Announcement of seat allocation||January 4, 2021|
|Seat Allocation & Reporting/Joining with Submission of Documents/Online payment of Caution Money||January 5 to 8, 2021|
|Open Round Schedule|
|Online Registration and Exercising of Choices (Institute and subject/specialty)||January 9 to 14, 2021 up to 5:00 PM|
|Announcement of seat allocation||January 20, 2021|
|Online Acceptance of allocated seat||January 21 to 24, 2021|
|Date of Reporting/Joining||January 21 to 25, 2021|
AIIMS PG 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||INI CET, Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS New Delhi|
|Latest Update||Exam has been replaced by INI CET|
|Time Allotted||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||INR 1500 (online)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Courses offered||MD, MS, M.Ch, DM, MDS|
|AIIMS PG Seats||500+ (MD, MS, and MDS)|
|AIIMS PG Helpline||1800117898 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
AIIMS PG 2021 Eligibility criteria
All India Institute of Medical Studies defines the eligibility standards as per the program. Tabulated below is a brief of eligibility as per programs offered:
- Academic Qualification: Candidates, who possess an MBBS degree for admission to MD/MS program and BDS degree for MDS program from a recognized university/institution of Medical Council of India (MCI) and Dental Council of India (DCI), are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks in MBBS/ BDS: Applicants need to clear the qualifying examination with at least 55% aggregate marks (50% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories).
- Internship/ Practical Training: Completed 12 months compulsory Internship/ Practical
In addition to the above-mentioned eligibility criteria for AIIMS PG, foreign graduates will be requested to present their FMG certification.
AIIMS PG 2021 Result
- Aspirants can check their AIIMS PG 2021 Result cum merit list of the results on the official website of AIIMS.
- Post announcement of results, the authorities will release the merit list for only those candidates who have procured the minimum marks or percentile which is required to qualify in the test irrespective of their category.
Students can download the result by following the below steps:
- Visit the official website of AIIMS
- Search for the link for AIIMS PG Result.
- Click on the link, a PDF will open.
- Search for your roll number in the list of qualified candidates.
- Download the PDF for future reference.
AIIMS PG Cut Off Marks 2021
On the basis of the cut off marks of the AIIMS PG 2021 results, the conducting authorities of AIIMS New Delhi will release the list of the names of the candidates who are qualified. The candidates who have secured maximum marks will be selected for the next round.
AIIMS PG 2021 Counseling
- The counselling process will be organized by the authorities of AIIMS to conduct the selections in the three rounds. Check List of Eligible Candidates
- All the candidates who are qualified will be invited by the authority of the conducting body on the basis of rank.
- AIIMS PG 2021 Counselling will be conducted online
Documents Required for Counselling:
- Offer Letter
- Registration Slip
- INI CET Admit card
- Self-attested copy of the certificate in proof of passing the 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination/Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- Self-attested copy of certificate from the Board showing his/her date of birth.
- Self-attested copy of mark-sheet of the qualifying examination i.e. 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination in proof of having secured 60% or more marks (50% in case of SC/ST in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology).
- SC/ST Certificate
- OBC Certificate
- Disability Certificate issued from a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board
AIIMS PG Seat Reservation 2021
Following is the reservation criteria followed for admission via AIIMS PG:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Other Backward Class||27%*|
|General + Sponsored or Foreign National||25.25%*|
|AIIMS MBBS Graduates||25.25%*|
|OPH (Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped)||Horizontal reservation of 5% only applied for MD/MS courses but not for MDS course.|
AIIMS PG 2021 Application Form
Only through the official portal of the conducting body, the interested and eligible candidates can apply for the AIIMS PG 2021 examination and fill the application form. Candidates are requested to read the instructions and all the conditions of eligibility very carefully before they start filling the application form.
Step 1: Register Online – Visit the official website of AIIMS (aiimsexams.org) and register.
Step 2: Enter Qualification Details on the Application form – Enter all the important fields correctly.
Step 3: Select Exam Center – Select the exam center as per your preference.
Step 4: Payment of Application fee – Pay the fees online.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|OBC Creamy and Non Creamy layer)||1500|
Step 5: Upload Signature, Photograph and Thumb Expression – Upload your documents as per the specified guidelines.
|Scanned Images||File Format||Size||Dimension|
|Photograph||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||50 to 100 KB||35mm X 45 mm|
|Signature||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||63mm X 63 mm|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||43mm X 43 mm|
Step 6: Registration Slip – Download the registration slip.
AIIMS PG 2021 Application Fee
Application Fee for general as well as reserved categories is given below:
|General and OBC||INR 1500|
|SC/ ST||INR 1200|
AIIMS PG 2021 Application Correction
In case of mistakes in the details and uploaded images in the AIIMS PG application form, students can make corrections. The correction can be done during correction facility process.
Students get to know about their application status after completion of application process after which they can make correction in the details.
Incomplete or incorrect details in the application leads to rejection of application so candidates must confirm all entered details before its submission.
AIIMS PG 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test, you will be allocated one computer system with inbuilt software for the examination.
- AIIMS PG Sessions: the exam is conducted in one shift i.e. MD/ MS: 10:00 am to 01:00 pm and MDS: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Type of Questions: each course will have multiple choice questions i.e. for each question four choices will be given, select the most appropriate one.
- AIIMS MD/ MS paper will have MCQs covering all the subjects taught at MBBS level.
- AIIMS MDS paper will have MCQs covering all the subjects taught at BDS level.
- AIIMS PG Marking Scheme: No credit will be given for unanswered questions or marked for review. Questions marked for review shall be considered as unanswered.
Exam Pattern for MD/MS
|Examination mode||CBT (Computer based test)|
|Total no of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Objective based multiple choice type questions|
|Negative marking||-1/3rd for each wrong response|
Exam Pattern for MDS
|Examination mode||CBT (Computer based test)|
|Duration||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Total no of questions||90|
|Type of questions||Objective based multiple choice type questions|
|Negative marking||-1/3rd for each wrong response|
AIIMS PG 2021 Syllabus
AIIMS PG examination will be based on the syllabus prescribed by conducting authority. Aspirants must ensure they do extensive preparation on all the topics to crack AIIMS PG 2021. The syllabus of the AIIMS PG 2021 includes basic concepts from which candidates can expect questions in the test. So the aspirants are advised to prepare very effectively every topic of the syllabus.
Syllabus for various courses is mentioned below:
- MD Course: Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, etc.
- MS Course: Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), Surgery, etc.
- MDS Course: Endodontics, conservative dentistry, prosthodontics, orthodontics etc.
- DM Course: dermatology, venereology, anatomy, radiotherapy, Anaesthesiology etc.
How to Prepare For AIIMS PG 2021?
Since the exam stands as one of the most important examinations in the medical field, it is necessary for aspirants to know how one should plan out the preparation strategy to ace the examination. Here, we provide you a comprehensive preparation guide covering all aspects of the exam.
- Time Management: Maximum priority should be given to important topics that carry a higher weight of marks. Topics like ENT, anaesthesia, surgery or orthopaedics for MD/MS course and embryology, dental anatomy, endodontics etc for MDA course are of maximum importance.
- Notes Preparation: One of the important aspects of preparation, preparing notes help students a lot during last-minute preparation. If you highlight the key terms like enzyme name, diseases, drugs, microorganisms and any other complex nomenclature then it will be easy for you to memorise and remember it more easily.
- Mock Tests: Taking mock tests repeatedly will help all the candidates to know the time constraints of the exams and understand how to manage it. They will know how to solve maximum questions in minimum time limits and which will be beneficial for them to consider the vast syllabus of the test.
- Solving the previous year’s questions: No previous paper is to be repeated in the next year but going through it will help you to boost your confidence a little higher.
- Understand the exam pattern: In every national level exam the pattern keeps on changing almost frequently. The knowledge of the exam pattern of AIIMS PG 2021, the candidates will be aware about the time limits, number of questions to attempt and marking scheme of questions. Also with this knowledge they can understand the level of questions and can start preparing accordingly.
- Seek Guidance: The syllabus of AIIMS PG is very tough and very lengthy so there can be the topics which require attention in detail and in a systematic manner. Apart from seeking help from professors, seniors, qualifying candidates, textbooks, and good study materials students can always look for guidance in online study portals and YouTube tutorials.
- Benefits of A Study Plan:
- Helps to track your overall progress
- Stress minimizing and studying without any tension because stress can reduce the focus for approaching examination.
- Regular mock tests and test series
- Devote at least 6 hours a day
- Go with the plan
Some Important Facts to Remember:
- The exam of AIIMS PG 2021 will be conducted in online mode only.
- The questions will be multiple-choice questions.
- The total number of questions for MD/MS paper will be 200 and 90 questions for MDS.
- There will be one mark for each correct answer and for incorrect answers, 0.33 marks will be deducted.
Recommended Books for AIIMS PG 2021
Lots of books are there in the market which can guide you for the exam and clear it very effectively but some of the best recommended books are brought to you by us in the following list. These books can be followed by the students for the same.
|Radiology and Dermatology||Arvind Arora|
|Physiology||Soumen Manna and Arvind Arora|
AIIMS PG 2021 Coaching institutes
1. Dr. Bhatia's Medical Coaching Institute
This institute provides coaching for medical examination and is present in more than 73 centres in India. Main cities are mangalore, delhi, kota, bikaner, hyderabad etc. It was the first centre in India which had provided the coaching for PG medical entrance exams.
Address – Bright Towers,7th Cross Road, NGO Colony, Wilson Garden, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560027
2. Delhi Academy of Medical Sciences (DAMS)
The coaching institute offers various courses such as Regular course, Foundation course, Test and Discussion course, Pre foundation course, Video conferencing, Crash Course, Satellite-based course, iDAMS (tablet-based) course, Postal course, etc.
Address: 205,2 nd Floor 4B, Grover's Chamber, Pusa Road, Near Karol Bagh Metro Station, New Delhi-110 005 (India)
3. PRIME Institute of Medical Education
The institute has a team of highly experienced faculties with well-equipped and highly standard Classrooms, library cum reading rooms and Computer Based Test (CBT) examination centers for its students. PRIME institution also provides special interactive sessions to clear doubts of the students and have special programs designed to provide orientation and motivation to achieve extra edge during exams.
4. ADR Plexus Medical Coaching Institute
Established in 2008, the institute offers coaching to the medical aspirants seeking admission in postgraduate medical courses in India.
5. Institute of Advanced Medical Studies (IAMS)
It provides the advanced level of the teachings for medical entrance exam preparation. Very interactive lectures for the students and notes are provided for the review which are made in house.
Address: Institute of Advanced Medical Studies (IAMS), 17, Community Center, Bhanot House, New Delhi, Delhi 110045
AIIMS PG 2021 Mobile APPS
|AIIMS PG authentic questions||dynoble||If you are planning to appear for AIIMS PG 2020 then you will be required to solve each question from last 10 year question papers. But solving each question from books is a tedious task, so we bring a very easy way to access all the questions at one place with the complete solutions.|
|Prepladder||prepladder||It is the best android app for the candidates to prepare for the medical entrance exams like AIIMS PG, NEET PG etc. by utilising their time and preparing on the go. They will have access to the world of services and preparation material. It is helpful because it gives you the option to prepare anytime and from anywhere.|
|PG Prep||meriters||1,00,000+ Competitors, 45,000+Practice MCQs, topic wise test, high yield MCQs, all india ranking, daily free tests, socialwall, grand tests, blogs etc. There are also videos for the detailed explanation of the subject in this app.|
|Pre PG Prep||MCQdb||Facility to appear for previous year question papers for AIIMS or NEET PG examination that too you can get detailed explanation for answers. Regular revision for Pre PFG Preps for AIIMS PG exam and daily test participation can be done very easily.|
|PrePG||Dr. Nitin Sewani||All the questions that you have in your mind the solution is here for all the subject related at one place. Also there is an answer to many general questions like how to crack this exam?What to do to make it different from other candidates? etc.|
|GateToMedicine||Auspec UK ltd.||This app is a perfect solution for the candidates who are appearing for AIIMS PG 2020 exams.|
AIIMS PG 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download AIIMS PG 2021 Admit Card from the official website of authority as per the schedule date. The important details are mentioned in the admit card like the date and time of the exam, examination centre address, roll number etc.
AIIMS PG 2021 Exam Centres
There are 63 centres where the AIIMS PG 2021 will be conducted all over India.
Choice: The choice of city of the examination is to be selected by the candidates at the time when they fill the application form for AIIMS PG 2021.
Change of Centre: No changes will be accepted after choosing the city of examination once and no request will be entertained for this concern as well. So the candidates are advised to select the city very carefully.
Cancellation: The exam centre can be changed by the authorities if it is required and candidates will be informed and they have to accept the changes.
- The candidate must be present one hour before to the AIIMS PG 2021 Exam Centre for the verification, if not the candidates won't be allowed to write the examination.
- The admit card is mandatory to be carried by the Candidates along with the government id proof on the day of exam at the center.
- Other accessories (any Electronic devices, other papers, Any kind of folder, water bottle) will not be entertained at the exam hall.
AIIMS PG 2021 Courses and Seats (Expected)
- The following table indicates the courses with a tentative number of seats available for the November session.
- Make note that the final position of seats was uploaded before a mock round of counselling scheduled for May.
For M.Ch. (6 years)/ DM (6 years)
For MD/ MS/ M.Ch. (6 years)/ DM (6 years), MDS Course
|AIIMS Name||Total Seats|
|AIIMS New Delhi||172|
AIIMS PG 2021 FAQs
Ques. What particulars cannot be edited in AIIMS PG Application Form?
Ans. The following particulars CAN NOT be rectified or changed on the application form:
- Date of Birth
- Category i.e. SC/ ST/ OBC status after submitting the application fee.
Ques. I belong to OBC category, is it important to have a caste certificate? What should I keep in mind regarding the same?
Ans. Candidates applying under OBC category must have a valid caste certificate issued within last one year by the competent authority. Also, he/ she must have it before the date of first counselling. The validity of the certificate shall be considered as of May .
Ques. Who and when should I contact if there is a mistake in the question of AIIMS PG ?
Ans. In case of any discrepancy in question is found, you must write to Associate Dean (Exam), AIIMS, New Delhi – 110 608 within 24 hours on the following email – email@example.com.
Ques. I did not find the solution to my problem in these AIIMS PG FAQs. Who should I contact now?
Ans. For any other query, please mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. What is the method of determining merit in AIIMS PG?
Ans. In AIIMS PG , the merit is calculated as per the overall merit by the ranking of percentiles.
Ques. What is the minimum cut off scores in AIIMS PG exam?
Ans. For this year, the minimum cut off necessary in the medical examination to determine eligibility for admission is 50th Percentile.
Ques. What are percentile scores in AIIMS PG exam?
Ans. As per the guidelines defined by AIIMS, the percentile scores are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appeared for the examination. It simply means the marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each group of examinees.
Ques: What is the process to access the portal of Online PG counselling/Seat Allocation portal?
Ans. AIIMS PG online counselling or seat allocation link will be activated on the MyPage section of the logged in portal. The portal on the website can be logged in by using your registration ID and password. The username and password is important all the time for your filling forms for final registration to other processes that are related to the AIIMS PG 2021 entrance exam. Only those students who will clear the entrance exam will be eligible for the online PG counselling process of the AIIMS PG and the link will be available for those only.
Ques: How to register and if needed to set a new password for seat allocation then what to do?
Ans. For the first-time user, click on the link ‘Register and Set a new password’ on the PG Online Counselling/Seat Allocation portal. Follow the instructions to set a new password. Note that this password is separate from the password required to access MyPage. You must maintain both the passwords.
Ques: I have forgotten my passwords/ how do I retrieve them?
Ans. There are two passwords that you are required to maintain. There will be a first password which is needed for logging in to the portal for MyPage access for seat allocation or online counselling of AIIMS PG. If you forgot your password then don't worry you can retrieve it back. Just click on forgot the password button and enter your registered email id. You will get your password on the registered email id only.
Ques: How do I make choices (AIIMS and subject/speciality)?
Ans. On the portal of the AIIMS website you can choose by logging in your portal using username and password.
Ques: How important, the previous year question papers?
Ans. Yes it is very helpful so that you understand the level of questions asked and find your weak areas.
Ques: What is the time duration for solving AIIMS 2020 PG Entrance Exam?
Ans. Time duration of MD/MS is 3 hours. For MDS it is 90 minutes.
Ques: How many PG seats are there in AIIMS?
Ans. There are 464 seats for MS/MD/DM/MCh and 14 for MDS.
Ques: Do I have to register twice for the exam?
Ans: Students will have to register twice – First for basic registration and then for final registration.
Ques: Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans: Yes, for every incorrect answer 1/3 mark will be deducted.
Ques: In what mode will be the entrance test organized?
Ans: AIIMS PG entrance test will be held in online CBT mode.
Ques: Do I have to appear for both the session – January and July?
Ans: No, it is not necessary to appear for both the session. Candidates can appear either for both or single session.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.