AIIMS PG 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Admit Card, Syllabus
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post-Graduate Test (AIIMS PG) is a national level exam for admissions to MD, MS, M.Ch., DM and MDS programs. It is conducted twice a year (January and July) by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. This year, AIIMS PG for July session is scheduled for May 05, 2019 in online mode.
Latest: Registration for July session is going on. Apply Now
- A candidate must have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST category candidates) in order to be eligible to apply. Read More AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria
- The application fee will be INR 1500 for general, OBC & other categories candidates and INR 1200 for SC/ST category.
- AIIMS New Delhi will issue the admit cards to successfully registered candidate online. Check AIIMS PG Admit Card
- The exam duration for MD/MS course is 180 minutes and 90 minutes for MDS course.
- It consists of 200 multiple choice question worth 200. Check AIIMS PG Exam Pattern
AIIMS PG 2019 Highlights
|Exam name||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post Graduate Test|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS New Delhi|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Courses offered||MD, MS, M.Ch, DM, and MDS|
|AIIMS PG Seats||Approx. 439 (MD, MS and MDS)|
|AIIMS PG Helpline||1800117898 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Check Similar Exams
AIIMS PG 2019 Application Dates
Here, candidates can get the exam dates for AIIMS PG January session 2019.
|Events||Date (January Session) Concluded||Date (July session)|
|Starting of basic registration||August 31, 2018||October 18, 2018|
|Closing of basic registration||September 20, 2018||February 19, 2019|
|Status of Basic Registration & last date for correction for rejected images||September 26, 2018||February 26 to March 02, 2019|
|Final Status and updated images||September 27 – 1st October 1, 2018||March 8, 2019|
|Date for Generation of code (only for accepted Basic Registration candidates)||-||March 8 to 14, 2019|
|Final Registration for completion of other details||October 5 – 15, 2018||March 22 to April 02, 2019|
|Date of Examination||November 18, 2018||May 05, 2019|
For DM/M.Ch (3 years)/MD (Hospital Administrator):
|Events||Dates (January Session) Concluded|
|Announcement of online registration||September 4, 2018|
|Last date of registration||September 24, 2018|
|Last date to submit required documents||October 17, 2018|
|Exam Date||November 4, 2018|
Who can Apply for AIIMS PG?
All India Institute of Medical Studies defines the eligibility standards as per the program. Tabulated below is a brief of eligibility as per programs offered:
|Academic Qualification||MD/ MS||MBBS Degree from University recognised by The Medical Council of India|
|MDS||BDS Degree from University recognised by the Dental Council of India|
|Internship/ Practical Training||MD/ MS/ MDS||Completed 12 months compulsory Internship/ Practical on or before July 30, 2019|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks in MBBS/ BDS||MD/ MS/ MDS||Gen./ OBC: 55% marks in aggregate|
SC/ ST: 50% marks in aggregate
PWBD (Gen./ OBC): 55% in aggregate
PWBD (Gen./ SC/ ST): 50% marks in aggregate
Note: Failing to satisfy eligibility standards/ criteria or submitting false information solely for appearing in the examination for practice purpose, he/ she will be debarred from appearing in AIIMS Exam in future.
Check detailedAIIMS PG Eligibility
AIIMS PG 2019 Reservation
As per the official brochure released at www.aiimsexams.org, 49.5% of the total PG seats are reserved for SC/ ST and OBC category. The bifurcation of seats for AIIMS, New Delhi, and its 6 other affiliates is as follows:
- Other Backward Class (OBC): 27%
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 7.5%
- For MD/ MS – 5% seats are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. The reservation is provided on horizontal basis, as per their rank in order of merit in AIIMS PG.
- For MDS– one seat is reserved for PWBD for July 2019 Session.
How to Register for AIIMS PG 2019?
The registration for AIIMS PG 2019 is completely online. Candidates can follow the following steps to fill AIIMS PG 2019 Application Form:
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. aiimsexams.org.
Step 2:Online Registration – Click on ‘New Registration’. Enter personal and Academic details. Click ‘Save & Proceed’ after filling up this page.
Step 3: Make Payment – Candidates are required to choose one of the following modes to pay fees.
- Credit/ Debit card and
- Net banking
Step 4: Selecting Exam City & Uploading Documents – Select one examination city as per your preference. Make note that once the center is chosen, it can not be changed later under any circumstances. Next, scan and upload the documents as per the defined guidelines. The guidelines are as follows:
|Scanned Images||File Format||Size||Dimension|
|Photograph||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG/||50 to 100 KB||35mm X 45 mm|
|Signature||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||63mm X 63 mm|
|Left Hand Thumb Impression||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||43mm X 43 mm|
Step 5: Print Application Form – After pressing submit button, the application form will be generated which contains registration number along with filled in details. Candidates can print the submitted form for future reference.
Check detailedAIIMS PG Registration
AIIMS PG Application Fee
Application Fee for general as well as reserved categories is given below:
|General and OBC||INR 1000|
|SC/ ST||INR 800|
Download AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card
AIIMS New Delhi will issue the admit cards to successfully registered candidate online. Enter Application No. and password to access AIIMS PG Admit Card consisting the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photo and Signature
- Roll Number
- Exam Date and Time
- Exam Venue and Reporting Time
- Exam Day instructions
Important Points related to Admit Card
- One Photo ID Proof – Voter ID, Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ e-Aadhar must be carried along with the document at the exam center
- Ensure that the photo and signature printed on hall ticket are not mutilated/ distorted etc.
- Preserve the ticket till the completion of admission procedure.
- Failing to produce the document at the time of AIIMS 2019, the candidature will stand cancelled.
- In case of any discrepancy, call on 1800117898 or email at email@example.com.
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Centers (Updated)
- At the time of filling in AIIMS Application, candidates are required to indicate their choices there and then. The chosen city is subject to confirmation of payment of AIIMS PG fee.
- It is advised to register immediately, as the exam center will be done on the first-come-first-serve basis.
- Take utmost care while choosing the exam center for AIIMS PG 2019. This is because no request will be taken to change the same under any circumstances.
AIIMS PG 2019 July session will be conducted in 8 zones –
Zone 1 – Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh and Punjab
Zone 2 – Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand
Zone 3 – Assam, Tripura, West Bengal
Zone 4 – Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
Zone 5 – Goa and Maharashtra
Zone 6 – Chattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha
Zone 7 – Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
Zone 8 – Kerala and Tamil Nadu
The following map indicates various states where the medical examination will take place:
Note: In case, a city is cancelled due to an insufficient number of candidates, AIIMS will do necessary arrangements for such candidates.
Paper Pattern of AIIMS PG 2019 (July Session)
Other Important Highlights of AIIMS PG Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test, you will be allocated one computer system with an inbuilt software for the examination.
- AIIMS PG 2019 Sessions: the exam will be conducted in one shift i.e. MD/ MS: 10:00 am to 01:00 pm and MDS: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
- Type of Questions: each course will have multiple choice questions i.e. for each question four choices will be given, select the most appropriate one.
- AIIMS MD/ MS paper will have MCQs covering all the subjects taught at MBBS level.
- AIIMS MDS paper will have MCQs covering all the subjects taught at BDS level.
- AIIMS PG Marking Scheme: No credit will be given for unanswered questions or marked for review. Questions marked for review shall be considered as unanswered.
Important Topics for AIIMS PG
AIIMS PG 2019 syllabus will be based on the graduate degree knowledge of the respective fields. The important topics for the examination are as follows:
Syllabus for Doctor of Medicine
|Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PMR)||Physiology|
|Biophysics||Dermatology and Venereology|
|Forensic Medicine and Toxicology||Medicine|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||Ophthalmology|
Syllabus for Master of Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
Syllabus for Master of Dental Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
AIIMS PG 2019 Result
The results for AIIMS PG 2019 is declared online, at the official website. On the official page lookup for AIIMS PG Result Link and click on it. A PDF file will appear, find your name and check your scores.
Important points related to AIIMS Result (July Session):
- AIIMS PG Merit List is also released at www.aiimsexams.org.
- The list is prepared on the Percentile Scores and tie-breaking criteria.
- Overall and Category-wise merit Lists shall be prepared accordingly
- Minimum Cut off score necessary in AIIMS PG to enroll in AIIMS colleges is 50th Percentile.
Method of Resolving Ties in AIIMS PG 2019
- Candidates having higher aggregate marks in MBBS/ BDS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher
- In case there is still a tie, applicants older in age will be considered.
AIIMS PG 2019 Counselling
- Admission to all PG courses will be based on merit only.
- It will be conducted in 2 rounds and one open counselling round.
- The schedule for AIIMS PG 2019 Counselling will be uploaded on the website.
- The combined merit list will be announced by AIIMS New Delhi soon after results are declared.
- Aspirants who qualify the exam and whose name appears in the merit list will be eligible for counselling.
- These short-listed individuals will also be notified via SMS and Email.
Steps in AIIMS PG Counselling:
- Fill in a preference form
- Exercise choice filling of subject according to availability of seats in order of merit.
- Candidates securing a seat in the preferred course will not be allowed to participate in further round of counselling.
- Deposit the fees within the stipulated time to avoid cancellation of candidature.
- If a candidate does not get his first choice then he will be allowed to choose another subject provisionally.
- The provisional seat or any available will be confirmed only in the second counselling.
- Applicants who have not taken any seat provisionally can also attend the 2nd round of counselling.
Documents Required for Counselling:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card
- Qualifying Degree Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Proof of Internship
- Demand Draft of requisite fees
AIIMS PG Courses and Seats
- The following table indicates the courses with a tentative number of seats available for the July 2019 session.
- Make note that the final positions of seats will be uploaded before a mock round of counselling scheduled for May 16.
For M.Ch. (6 years)/ DM (6 years)
For MD/ MS/ M.Ch. (6 years)/ DM (6 years), MDS Course
|AIIMS Name||Total Seats||Reference Link|
|AIIMS New Delhi||172||Click Here|
|AIIMS Bhopal||51||Click Here|
|AIIMS Bhubaneshwar||32||Click Here|
|AIIMS Jodhpur||64||Click Here|
|AIIMS Rishikesh||16||Click Here|
|AIIMS Raipur||15||Click Here|
Note:The seats tabulated above do not have the number of seats for Sponsered and Foreign Candidates.
AIIMS PG 2019 FAQs
Ques. I completed my internship after July 30, 2019. Am I eligible to apply online for AIIMS PG 2019 July Session?
Ans. No, candidates completing their internship after July 30, 2019 are not eligible to register for AIIMS PG 2019.
Ques. What particulars cannot be edited in AIIMS PG Application Form?
Ans. The following particulars CAN NOT be rectified or changed on the application form:
- Date of Birth
- Category i.e. SC/ ST/ OBC status after submitting the application fee.
Ques. I belong to OBC category, is it important to have a caste certificate? What should I keep in mind regarding the same?
Ans. Candidates applying under OBC category must have a valid caste certificate issued within last one year by the competent authority. Also, he/ she must have it before the date of first counselling. The validity of certificate shall be considered as May 15, 2019.
Ques. Who and when should I contact if there is a mistake in the question of AIIMS PG 2019?
Ans. In case of any discrepancy in question is found, you must write to Associate Dean (Exam), AIIMS, New Delhi – 110 608 within 24 hours on the following email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. I did not find the solution to my problem in these AIIMS PG FAQs. Who should I contact now?
Ans. For any other query, please mail on email@example.com.
Ques. What is the method of determining merit in AIIMS PG?
Ans. In AIIMS PG 2019, the merit is calculated as per the overall merit by the ranking of percentiles.
Ques. What is the minimum cut off scores in AIIMS PG 2019 exam?
Ans. For this year, the minimum cut off necessary in the medical examination to determine eligibility for admission is 50th Percentile.
Ques. What are percentile scores in AIIMS PG exam?
Ans. As per the guidelines defined by AIIMS, the percentile scores are scores based on the relative performance of all those who appeared for the examination. It simply means the marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 for each group of examinees.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College