AIIMS PG 2020 Eligibility - Qualification, Age, Percentage
The basic eligibility criteria for AIIMS PG 2020 clearly state that the applicant must have an MBBS/BDS degree and should have completed their one-year rotational internship from any recognized medical institute in India. Those who are currently an intern in any of the medical practices can also apply for AIIMS PG 2020.
- A candidate must have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST category candidates) in order to be eligible to apply.
- 49.5% of the total Post-Graduate seats (excluding Sponsored/Foreign National candidates) are reserved for ST/SC/OBC (Non-creamy layer) students.
- Reserved Category candidates have to submit a valid caste certificate during the admission process.
Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS PG 2020
Test takers are requested to check AIIMS PG eligibility criteria at Collegedunia.com prior to their online exam registration. In case a candidate is found ineligible to appear in the exam, then his or her application can be cancelled based on the following eligibility guidelines adopted by the AIIMS:
- For MD/MS degree, a candidate needs to hold an MBBS degree from any university duly recognized by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Councils. Likewise, a BDS degree from any university duly recognized by the Dental Council of India or State Dental Council is mandatory for getting admission into MDS courses.
- A candidate must have completed his or her 12-month rotating Internship/ Practical Training on or before March 31, 2020.
- Following marks in aggregate are required to be scored by a candidate in order to be eligible for a seat in the MBBS/BDS courses at AIIMS:
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- General and OBC category candidates must have got scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
Note: Candidates who fail to complete their MBBS internship within March 31, will be ineligible for the Final Registration as per AIIMS PG 2020eligibility criteria.
Minimum Cut off Scores for AIIMS PG
AIIMS PG Selection is solely based on the marks scored in the entrance examination. Minimum cut-off marks for AIIMS PG is usually at 50th percentile.
Institutional Preference for AIIMS Graduates in AIIMS PG 2020
- Those candidates who have graduated from AIIMS, New Delhi will be given first preference for admission against 50% of the total available seats.
- Any remaining seats will be made available to open general category candidates on the basis of their performance in the AIIMS PG 2020 Entrance Examination.
The allocation of the subjects chosen by candidate will be done on the basis of AIIMS PG Counselling and cutoff.
Eligibility Criteria for ‘Sponsored’ Candidates
Given below are the document requirements for ‘Sponsored’ candidates:-
- Sponsored candidates must register online & fill the online AIIMS PG Application Form.
- Candidates who are permanent employees of any Central/State Government/Armed Forces or the Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body can be sponsored by the respective Government/Defence Authorities or the Competent Authorities of PSU/Autonomous Body to apply for AIIMS PG courses.
- Educational cost for candidates opting a postgraduate (MD/MS/MDS) course that is not available in the state will be sponsored by a State Government. A certificate for non-availability of that course in that state, which is duly signed by the Secretary/Director General of Health Services of the Central / State Government/ DGAFMS/Competent Authority or PSU/Autonomous Body viz Director/Executive Head of the concerned organization, must be submitted for sponsorship for AIIMS PG courses.
- Candidate can be sponsored for only one subject that must be mentioned clearly in the sponsorship form by the sponsoring authority.
- No sponsored candidate will be paid any emoluments by the AIIMS during the training period.
- Sponsored candidates need to submit the sponsorship certificate in original from their employer with the Application Form and Registration Slip to the Asstt. Controller of Examination, AIIMS, New Delhi-110 608 by the Final Registration deadline. Those who fail to do so can submit it before the date of issue of AIIMS PG Admit Cards, otherwise, their candidature will stand cancelled.
Eligibility Criteriafor Foreign Nationals/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
Given below are the document requirements for Foreign Nationals/OCI candidates:
- Foreign nationals are required to fill in the online AIIMS PG 2020 Application Form indicating the choice of subject (only one) for admission to Postgraduate courses for MD/MS/M.Ch. (6 yrs.)/MDS degree.
- All international applicants must send their Registration Slip of Online Application through Diplomatic Channel. They must also appear in the competitive entrance examination along with other candidates. An ‘Advance Copy’ is required to be submitted at AIIMS, New Delhi before the last date of online registration. However, the application of all such candidates will be processed only after receipt of the same through Diplomatic Channel.
- The foreign nationals will be considered against the seats in the ‘Sponsored’ category for MD/MS/MDS courses.
- Seats are not reserved in any discipline for foreign nationals.
- Nominations/No objection for candidate should reach the Examination Section before the date of issue of the Admit Card, otherwise, their candidature will not be considered.
- No emoluments will be paid by AIIMS to the Foreign National candidates.
Submission of Caste Certificate By SC/ST/OBC Candidates
Once the AIIMS PG 2020 Results are out, candidates from SC/ST/OBC category need to submit, with other relevant documents, an attested copy of a certificate from any one of the following authorities which states that candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category.
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Collector, Deputy Commissioner, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate, Executive Magistrate, Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where applicant and his or her family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) or as authorized in the Constitution.
- Candidate must submit an undertaking to the effect of his/her caste. Any difference in the caste certificate will lead to cancellation of registration.
- Certificate from any other person/authority will not be accepted.
- The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be clear in the certificate.
AIIMS PG 2020 Reservation Criteria
49.5% of the total Post-Graduate seats excluding those for Sponsored/Foreign National candidates are reserved for the candidates belonging to ST/SC/OBC (Non-creamy layer) for AIIMS PG 2020 Admissions. Category wise reservation of seats for AIIMS PG 2020 is given below:
|CATEGORY||PERCENTAGE OF RESERVATION|
|Students graduated from AIIMS||25.25%|
|General + Sponsored/Foreign National||25.25%|
|Scheduled Category (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
Reservation Criteria for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped Candidates:
The qualifying marks for AIIMS PG 2020 for an Orthopedically Physically Handicapped candidate will be as those applicable to other category students. OPH category candidates have to submit a valid document certifying his/her physical disability, issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions.
MD/MS programme: 3% of the total seats are reserved for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped (OPH). The seat allocation will be done according to their rank in the merit from the seats reserved in OPH category. In case seats are left vacant after the counselling process, then they filled by the candidates from the general category. In MDS programme: No seats are reserved for OPH candidates.
For reserved category admissions, those candidates will be considered whose lower limbs have been disabled 50-70%. In case OPH category candidates with disability of 50-70% are not available and the seats are left unfilled, then students having disability of 40-50% on the lower limbs will be given the chance to fill those seats.
Although we can see that a lot of opportunities are given to applicants in the form of seat reservation for state applicants and other backward classes, there are only 550+ seats available across the seven AIIMS in the country. Candidates who are planning to tackle this postgraduate level exam can refer to AIIMS PG Practice Papers and other useful preparation tips available at Collegedunia.com.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College