Table of Contents
AMIETE 2020 Dates, Eligibility, Registration, Pattern & Syllabus
AMIETE 2020 is a national level entrance exam. It is recognized by a number of Central Govt. Several State Govts, Universities and Institutions in India and abroad for recruitment to several high-level posts and services.
- AMIETE is conducted twice a year in the month of June and December.
- There are 3 streams in the exam namely, Electronics & Telecom (ET), Computer Science and Engineering (CS) and Information Technology (IT).
|AMIETE Application Forms||AMIETE Eligibility||AMIETE Exam Pattern||AMIETE Syllabus|
- It is scheduled from June 15-22 and December 15-22, 2020 (on all days of the week including Sundays).
- The date sheets of the same will be uploaded on the official website, www.iete.org.
- Registration for AMIETE 2020 can be done from April 25 and October 25, 2020.
- Application forms can be filled through both online and offline mode.
- The minimum eligibility for AMIETE is 10+2 or an equivalent diploma of minimum 3 years duration.
- AMIETE 2020 will be conducted in the offline mode i.e. it is a pen and paper based test.
- It will consist of 2 sections- Section A and Section B with a total of 23 theory papers and 4 labs.
- Students will also have to undergo project work in order to clear the exam.
- AMIETE 2020 Results will be declared on September 25 for June and March 25 for December cycles respectively.
Candidates have to first register as a member. Membership of the student would be valid for 10 consecutive examinations from the date of enrollment. Candidates need to register on or before August 31 or February 28/29 to appear for the AMIETE Examination.
AMIETE 2020 Highlights
Some important highlights AMIETE 2020 is mentioned below in the table for reference of candidates:
|Date of AMIETE 2020||June 15 – 22, 2020, and December 15 – 22, 2020|
|Conducting body||Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)|
|Mode of AMIETE 2020||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Type of Questions||Subjective|
AMIETE 2020 Exam Dates
The exam schedule will be announced in the information brochure for AMIETE 2020. The exam dates for the academic session 2020-19 are given below for the reference of candidates:
|Last date for submitting Application form||June cycle: April 25, 2020 December cycle: October 25, 2020|
|Last date for submitting Application form with Late fee of INR 300||June cycle: May 5, 2020 December cycle: November 5, 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||May 30 and November 30, 2020|
|AMIETE 2020 entrance exam begins||June 15 – 22 and December 15 – 22, 2020|
|Declaration of result||June cycle: September 25, 2020 December cycle: March 25, 2020|
AMIETE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for AMIETE 2020 is decided by IETE. Students must meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria are stated below:
- Citizens of India, as well as Foreign Nationals, can apply for the exam.
- Aspirants shall not be less than 16 years of age in order to be eligible for the exam. Candidates who are diploma holders should not be less than 18 years so as to appear for the exam.
- Applicants should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board.
- Students with a 3-year diploma course in Engineering/ Technology covering subjects of Mathematics and Physics up to 10+2 level along with relevant work experience are eligible to appear in the exam.
- Candidates pursuing higher education in the field Physics, Electrical, Electronics or Computer can also appear for AMIETE 2020.
AMIETE 2020 Application Form
AMIETE 2020 Application form will be available online and can also be collected from any of the IETE centers. The online window to apply for the exam will close on April 25 and October 25, 2020 for the respective cycle of June and December.
Candidates can apply for AMIETE 2020 by downloading the online form and submitting it to IETE head office by post or submit it in person. Aspirants can follow the simple steps given below to apply for the exam by downloading the form:
Step 1: Download the Application Form
- Visit the official website of IETE and click on AIMETE.
- Applicants will have to select their respective stream by clicking on it.
- The prospectus of AMIETE will appear and the application form will be enclosed within it.
- Print out the application form.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- Candidates will have to fill in a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, Mobile Phone number, Address of correspondence, Course opted for, Qualifying exam, Test Center, etc.
- They must paste a stamp-sized photograph on the form.
- hey should verify all the information and should avoid making any mistakes in the form.
- After filling the form, aspirants must enclose a demand draft of INR 6000 (separate DD of INR 350 for downloaded forms), another photograph similar to the one pasted on the form and other necessary documents if required.
Step 3: Submitting the form
- The forms should be delivered in person or by speed post/ courier to the address mentioned in the form. They must contain all the necessary enclosures along with the demand draft of requisite fees.
- The address is also given below for reference: The Secretary General, IETE
The Secretary General, IETE
2, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 003
Fee payment is an important step in completing the AMIETE 2020 application process. An application form submitted without the remitting the entrance fees will be considered incomplete and such application will not be processed. The application fee for AMIETE 2020 is INR 6000 for Indian nationals and US 1000$ for foreign applicants.
The forms that have been downloaded from the website should be accompanied by another INR 350 as cost of regulation, detailed syllabus and postage. Fees can be remitted only by Demand Drafts drawn in favor of ‘Secretary General, IETE, New Delhi’. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
For any correction in the application form after processing, an additional amount of INR 500 will be charged as reprocessing fee. Similarly, change of stream will be permitted only after the payment of INR 600.
AMIETE 2020 Admit Card
AMIETE 2020 Hall Ticket will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam by the 1st week of June and December only. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of IETE. The institute will also send hall tickets to participants by post.
Hall ticket contains details about the individual such as the Name and Roll number, Date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address. It is a mandatory document of the exam and no student will be permitted into the exam hall without it.
Steps to download AMIETE 2020 Admit Card are mentioned below:
- Log on to the official website of IETE.
- Click on the link related to 'Download AMIETE 2020 Admit Card'
- Candidates will be redirected to a page wherein they will have to enter their Membership number or Roll number.
- Admit card will appear. Download it and print it out 2 copies of it.
AMIETE 2020 Exam Center
AMIETE 2020 will be conducted in more than 50 cities across India. Individuals will be required to choose 1 city for the offline test as their preferred exam center. They need to fill up the center code of the exam in the application form accordingly.
The organizing institute will allot a center to the applicants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation. However, in exceptional cases, change of exam center will be permitted with an additional fee of INR 500.
AMIETE 2020 Exam Pattern
AMIETE 2020 will comprise 2 sections- Section A and Section B. Each section can be further divided into 2 parts. Applicants will also have to undergo project work, seminar and a course in Communication Skills & Technical Writing.
The course on Communication Skills & Technical Writing is compulsory but will not add up towards overall CGPA. The dates of the exams will be given in the data sheet which will be uploaded on the website:
|Mode of AMIETE 2020||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Sections in exam||3|
|Pattern of Section A||Part 1- 6 subjects and 1 lab Part 2- 6 subjects and 1 lab|
|Pattern of Section B||Part 1- 6 subjects and 1 lab Part 2- 5 subjects and 1 lab|
Read More About AMIETE 2020 Exam Pattern
AMIETE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for AMIETE 2020 will be based on Higher Secondary or equivalent level. The questions asked will be from class 11 and class 12 syllabi of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The detailed syllabus will be given in the brochure of IETE.
Candidates may be granted exemption in various papers in case they have passed similar subjects from elsewhere or other courses. Exemption will be granted to students passing the subject and successfully completing the curriculum from a recognized Institution or Colleges and approved by the IETE Council. They will have to fill a separate application form and enclose mark sheets and documents to seek exemption.
Time Limit to complete AMIETE 2020
Candidates are required to complete their AMIETE exam within 2 enrollment periods from the date of initial enrollment. Student will be permitted to seek only one renewal of membership. They will have to apply for renewal before or immediately after the expiry of initial enrollment with continuity of enrollment maintained by them.
Any delays in application will be counted towards a total number of examinations and no relaxation in this regard will be allowed. If the request for renewal is made after the stipulated period of 2 enrollments, admission will be treated as a fresh application and no benefit in terms of exemptions in respect of any subject passed or exempted during the earlier term will be granted.
AMIETE 2020 Result
AMIETE (Associate Members of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers) 2020 Results will be declared on September 25, 2020, and March 25, 2020, for the respective exam cycles of June and December. The results will be declared on the official website of the organizing institute.
The result will be released in the form of rank cards. Steps to download the result is mentioned below for reference of candidates:
- Log on to the official website of AMIETE 2020.
- Click on the link related to ‘AMIETE 2020 Result’.
- Enter the roll number as given on the exam hall ticket. Click on ‘Submit’.
- The result will appear in the form of score card. Download it and print it out for the further admission rounds.
Candidates should note that there will be no provision of revaluation of answer books. Recounting of scores may be done by paying INR 200 (US$40) per subject. Requests for recounting of scores should be sent to the IETE head office within 30 days from the date of declaration of results on a separate application.
AMIETE 2020 Scholarship
The organizing Institute offers an IETE Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship scheme for AMIETE students from the year 2010. This scheme offers scholarship to 50 AMIETE meritorious students from the economically weaker sections. The amount of scholarship will be INR 5000 per year.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College