Table of Contents
BVP BMAT 2020 Exam (Postponed), Registration (Extended), Dates, Eligibility and Exam Pattern
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University has extended the registration dates for BMAT 2020 second session till further notice. Earlier the authorities had postponed the exam dates due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Candidates who had missed the opportunity to apply for BMAT can register now. Click Here for BMAT 2020 Registration
BMAT 2020 is a university level test, conducted for admission in MBA programs in colleges associated with Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University (BVDU).
- Students who have passed their Bachelor’s degree program with 50% aggregate will be eligible to apply for the exam.
- BMAT is an offline exam comprising of 200 questions.Check BMAT Exam Pattern
- The Result of MBA/MHA and MCA was expected to be declared on April 27, 2020 but now the authorities will announce the new dates related to all the events of the exam.
Highlights of BVP BMAT 2020
|Conducting Body||Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune|
|Mode of Exam||Paper-pen|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Courses Offered||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Number of Seats||720|
|BMAT Helpline||+91-20-24407100 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
BVP BMAT 2020 Important Dates
The table below is the timeline of the admission process:
|Application Form||January 21, 2020|
|Last date for submission of Application Form(First Test)||March 15, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply at Limited Center||March 19, 2020|
|Exam Date ( First Test)||To be announced soon|
|Last date for submission of Application Form(Second Test)||To be announced soon|
|Last Date to Apply at Limited Center||To be announced soon|
|Exam Date(Second Test)||To be announced soon|
|Result||To be announced soon|
Who can Apply for BVP BMAT 2020?
On the Basis of Nationality
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
On the Basis of Academic Qualification
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor's Degree of at least a 3-year duration, in any discipline, from a recognized University.
- The applicant should also have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying examination (45% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Applicants in the final year of their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply, provided that they can present their degree completion certificate/pass certificate within August 26, 2020.
Age Limit and Number of Attempts
- There is no age limit set for the exam.
- There is no stated limit on the number of times the exam can be attempted.
- Applicants who have pursued their undergraduate program in any medium other than English will have to undergo an orientation course in English at the institute they enroll for MBA.
- Candidates who completed their undergraduate program in a part-time mode are not eligible to apply for BMAT 2020.
How to Apply for BVP BMAT 2020?
BVPBMAT 2020 registration could be done only in online mode. The steps involved in the application process are listed below:
- Visit the official website admissions.bvuniversity.edu.in
- Register with a valid email ID & mobile number.
- Upon successful registration, login credentials will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Login using the credentials and fill the details asked – academic details, personal details, etc.
- Choose the Examination Center from the list provided.
- Upload scanned images of recent passport-size photograph and signature as per specifications.:
- Photograph of Candidate: 3.5cmX45cm dimension not exceeding 50 KB in .jpg or jpeg format.
- Signature of Candidate: on white paper with a blue/black ballpoint pen of file size not exceeding 50KB in .jpg or jpeg format.
- Pay the application fee online using either net banking or debit/credit cards.
BMAT 2020 Application Fee
BMAT 2020 Application fee could be paid only via online mode, using Net Banking or Credit/Debit Cards. Details of the same are tabulated below:
|BMAT 2020 Application Fee||INR 1500|
|GST @ 18%||INR 270|
|Total Fee Payable (non-refundable)||INR 1770|
BVP BMAT 2020 Admit Card
- BVP BMAT Admit card can be downloaded after the successful submission of the application form.
- Candidates must download and take a print out of the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy in the document, the applicants must contact the authorities at email@example.com.
- The admit card contains the following information:
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Date & Day of Exam
- Venue of Exam
- Photograph and signature of the candidate
Check Here BVP BMAT 2020 Admit Card
BMAT 2020 Exam Centres
BMAT 2020 will be conducted in thirteen cities across India. The table below lists the cities where the test was conducted.
BVP BMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- BMAT exam has 200 multiple choice questions.
- The question paper consists of 7 sections.
- The duration of exam is 150 minutes.
- Each correct answer carries a score of 1 Mark
- There is no provision of negative marking in BMAT.
Sectional details in BVP BMAT
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Score|
|Mathematics (Class X level)||30||30|
|Logical & Abstract Reasoning||50||50|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40||40|
Check Here BMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
BVP BMAT 2020 Syllabus
BMAT covers a range of subjects, class X level Mathematics and Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Quantitative aptitude and Current Affairs is at the Competitive Examination level. The indicative list of topics covered in each section is tabulated below:
- This section assesses candidates’ knowledge of static GK, History, Geography, Current Affairs and daily news in the context of world politics, trade and economy, governance, business, sports, personalities, books, and awards, etc.
- The Mathematics section covers topics studied at the secondary school level, like Number Systems, Algebra, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Coordinate Geometry, Statistics & Probability.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
- Logical and Abstract Reasoning section includes questions from Table-Bars-Charts-Graphs, Arrangements, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Clocks and Calendars, Direction, Data Structures, Puzzles, and Series.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- This section evaluates candidates’ English Language and comprehension skills, covering grammar, fill-in-the-blanks, word meaning, usage of words etc.
- This section comprises of questions covering topics like Partnership, Work and Time, Distance, Clocks, Pipe and Cisterns, Lines, Cubes and Cones, Median and Mode etc.
Computer Awareness and Management Skills
- Computer Awareness and Management Skills sections tests the candidates’ elementary computer knowledge of computer and general aptitude for business and management.
Check Here Recommended Books for BVP BMAT Preparation
BMAT 2020 Result
The merit list was hosted on the official website for ease of access by candidates. The candidates could download their BMAT 2020 scorecard in the following steps:
- Visit the official BVU website.
- Select the tab ‘BVPBMAT 2020’.
- Enter the candidate roll number and click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- The Scorecard will be displayed on-screen
- Download and print the document for future reference.
BMAT 2020 scorecard carried individual candidate’s sectional scores, overall scores, and rank secured. Based on that rank and institutional quota, a merit list was prepared.
Check Here BVP BMAT 2020 Result
BVP BMAT 2020 Selection Procedure
- Candidates taking the entrance exam also have to appear in the selection rounds (GD/PI) in the same exam hall as that of the entrance exam.
- Written test along with GDPI is considered for the final selection of candidates.
- Candidates who score the minimum cut off score are called for GDPI round. The two rounds assess the candidates as mentioned below:
- Group Discussion: Candidates are evaluated in the Group Discussion Exercise of their ability to apply logic and reasons. Group discussion brings out the candidates’ ability to make decisions and management skills are highlighted.
- Personal Interview: The candidates’ overall personality and confidence is assessed in this round. Candidates should confidently answer questions related to his/her own academic area and work experience.
Preparation of Merit List
BVP BMAT Counselling Schedule 2020
|Counselling Location||Admission to Institute at||Date|
|BVIMR, New Delhi||BVIMR New Delhi, BVIMED Navi Mumbai||To be announced soon|
|IMED, Pune||IMED, Pune||To be announced soon|
Documents to carry at counselling:
The following certificates in original along with two self-attested copies of each have to be presented at the time of counselling and spot admission:
- Statement of marks & Passing Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Migration certificate from the University candidate passed out from (other than BVU). Transfer Certificate from the College last attended.
- Candidate’s Character Certificate from the Principal of the College last attended.
- Affidavit regarding Gap in education (if applicable) on Stamp Paper of INR 100/
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Validity Certificate (if applicable)
- Change in Name Certificate (if applicable)
- 5 recent passport-size color photographs
- DD of the requisite fees as per the fee structure.
About BVP BMAT Exam
Why apply for BVP?
- Recognized by Government of India.
- All the program are approved by UGC and respective statutory councils
- Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU) & Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- 23000+ Students
- 1600+ Teachers
- 12 Faculties
- 250+ Programmes
- 29 Constituent Institutions including 3 Research Institutes
- 8 Campuses
- Students from all over India and 48 countries
BVP Fee Structure for MBA
The fees per annum for the MBA Programme at respective institutes -
Placements at BVP
- Number of companies visited – 152
- Highest Salary Package – 2.00 lakh (Domestic) & 54.08 lakh (International)
- Top Recruiters – Vistara, Wipro, Indiabulls, Godrej, ITC, Nestle, BHEL, Dell, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Justdail, Airtel, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
BVP BMAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. What topics are the topics covered in BVP BMAT question paper?
Ans. The question paper is divided into 7 sections- Current Affairs, Mathematics, Logical and Abstract Reasoning, Computer Awareness, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, and Management Skills.
Ques. What is the mode of the exam?
Ans. The test is conducted in offline mode.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for BMAT entrance exam?
Ans. The applicants should have a bachelor degree in any discipline, from a reputed university or college.
Ques. What is the age limit for BMAT entrance test?
Ans. There is no age limit set for the exam.
Ques. How many times can I attempt the BMAT entrance test?
Ans. There is no stated limit on the number of time the exam can be attempted.
Ques. What is the duration of the exam?
Ans. The duration of exam is 150 minutes.
Ques. Is there any negative marking for the exam?
Ans. There is no provision of negative marking in BMAT.
Ques. What is the fee for BMAT entrance test?
Ans. the application fee is Rs. 1700 (excluding taxes).
Ques. What is the application procedure?
Ans. The application is available in online mode only.
Ques. Where to apply for BMAT entrance test?
Ans. The application form can be filled on BVP official website – admissions.bvuniversity.edu.in.
Ques. What is the criteria for image size and format to be uploaded?
Ans. 3.5cmX45cm dimension not exceeding 50 KB in .jpg or jpeg format.
Ques. What is the criteria for a candidate signature and format to be uploaded for online application?
Ans. Candidate have to sign on white paper with a blue/black ballpoint pen of file size not exceeding 50KB in .jpg or jpeg format.
Ques. What is the mode of fee payment for BMAT entrance test?
Ans. Candidates can Pay the application fee online using either net banking or debit/credit cards.
Ques. When can a candidate download they admit card for BMAT entrance test?
Ans. BMAT Admit card is available to download as soon as the submission of application form.
Ques. Is the admit card is necessary for the BMAT entrance test?
Ans. Yes, without admit card you are not allowed to sit in the examination hall.
Ques. How many marks are awarded for each right answer?
Ans. Each correct answer carries a score of 1 Mark.
Ques. What is the selection procedure for BMAT?
Ans. The selection of the candidate is divided into 3 parts, written test, group discussion, and personal interview.
Ques. What is the total weight of the merit list?
Ans. 250, whereas, the written test consist 200, group discussion 30 and personal interview 20 marks.
Ques. What documents to be carried at BMAT counselling?
Ans. Documents required at the time of counselling:
- Letter of Counselling
- Proof of date of birth
- School Leaving Certificate
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Anti-ragging undertaking
- Gap certificate ( if applicable)
- Character certificate
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Caste Certificate ( if applicable)
- An affidavit (available in the brochure) signed by the candidate and countersigned by parent/guardian
- Six recent passport-size photos with candidate’s name written on the backside Admission fee
Ques. What are the centers for the counselling of BMAT?
Ans. Counselling is held at BVP’s New Delhi, Pune, Kolhapur, Sangli, Karad, and Solapur campuses. Each applicants will be informed about their Counselling venue well in advance by a common notification issued online as well as local newspapers.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College