FRI M.Sc. Entrance Test 2021 has been postponed amid Covid 19 pandemic and FRI will announce the revised date in due course. Previously it was scheduled to be held on May 16, 2021, in online proctored mode. FRI MSc 2021 Applications were available from January 25 – April 16, 2021, which could be downloaded from the official website. Check FRI MSc 2021 Application Form
FRI M.Sc Entrance Test is a national-level exam conducted by Forest Research Institute Dehradun for admission to M.Sc Programs in Forestry, Wood Science and Technology, Environment Management, and Cellulose and Paper Technology.
- Since the exam will be held in online proctored mode FRI M.Sc Admit Card will not be required instead candidates will be given login credentials.
- Application fee for FRI M.Sc. 2021 will be INR 1500 and it has to be paid via DD.
- FRI M.Sc. will be conducted in the12 cities across the country.
- The test centers for the exam are Dehradun, Delhi, Jabalpur, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ranchi, Lucknow, Jodhpur, Shimla, Coimbatore and Jorhat.
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Highlights
Following table highlights the overview FRI M.Sc. Entrance Exam 2021
|Name of Conducting Authority||Forest Research Institute Dehradun|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Exam Dates
Below given are the tentative dates related to FRI M.Sc. 2021.
|Application Form Start||January 25, 2021|
|Last Date for receiving completed application forms along with DD||April 16, 2021|
|Last Date for issue of the application form at Institute/bank counter||April 16, 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Forest Research Institute entrance exam|
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must satisfy FRI M.Sc. 2021 eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the entrance test. The detailed FRI M.Sc. 2021 eligibility is given below:
- Category wise Education Qualification: The General candidate must have secured 50 % marks and Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe must score 45% marks to be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit for In-service Candidate: The maximum age limit in respect of in-service candidate to M.Sc. Environment Management course shall be 50 years. The age shall be reckoned as on July 31, 2021, and no further relaxation will be given.
- Citizenship: Those candidates whose nationality is Indian or any Foreign country citizen are eligible to apply for FRI M.sc course.
- M.sc. Branch wise Eligibility:
- For M.Sc. Forestry: 3 years Bachelor’s degree in Science with at least one subject studied in Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Maths, Physics, Zoology and Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
- For M.Sc. Wood Science and Technology: B.Sc. degree in Forestry, 3 year’s Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Maths, and Chemistry.
- For M.Sc. Environment Management: 3 year’s Bachelor degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Science or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or B.E/B. tech in Environment Science.
- For M.Sc. Cellulose and Paper Technology: 3 year’s Bachelor degree in science with Chemistry as one of the subjects or B.E/B. Tech. (Chemical or Mechanical engineering).
How to Apply for FRI MSc 2021?
Students have to fill FRI MSc Application Form by April 16, 2021, and send it by post. The steps to apply for FRI M.Sc. 2021 are given below:
Step 1- Filling of FRI M.Sc. 2021 Application Form:
Candidates are required to provide the following personal and academic details:
- Full Name (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Date of birth (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Category (GEN/OBC/SC/ST)
- Whether belonging to PD category.
- Year of passing Class XII
- Name of parent/guardian
- Address for communication
- PIN code
- Phone/ Mobile Number
- Email address
Step 2- Fee Payment of FRI M.Sc. 2021:
- The application form can be sent by post on payment of Rs. 1200/- through bank draft is drawn in favor of “The Registrar, Forest Research Institute University” payable at Dehra Dun, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun–248 195.
- A candidate who wants to apply for two or more courses has to fill up separate form fee at Rs. 1200/- for each course.
Step 3- Submission of FRI M.Sc. 2021 Application form: Applications for admission in FRI MSc 2021 will be sent by post on the following address:
FRI M.Sc. Admit Card 2021
Candidates who will successfully register themselves for the exam will be able to download the admit card. FRI M.Sc. 2021 Admit card containing center code and roll number will be mailed to the applicant by May 2021.
If a student has lost his FRI M.Sc. 2021 Admit Card or they may have not received it then duplicate admit cards can be obtained from the center superintendent of their exam center. Another option to take admit card is to reach directly on the Registrar office, FRI University, Dehra Dun on any working days during working hours.
After that duplicate admit card will be an issue after payment with a bank draft of Rs. 50/- and a photograph must stick on admission test application form 2021.
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Test Centres
Following are the State-wise exam centers in respective cities for FRI M.Sc. 2021 Dehradun Entrance Exam:
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Exam Pattern
According to FRI M.sc 2021 Exam Pattern, the exam will consist of multiple-choice questions. The duration of the entrance test is 3 hours.
- FRI M.Sc Entrance Test 2021 is an offline exam.
- Candidates have to answer using blue/black point only.
- Each question will be followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate is required to select the one which he/she feels is a correct answer out of 4 options.
- There will be negative marking for the wrong answer to the extent of one-fourth (¼) of the marks allotted to the questions.
FRI M.Sc. 2021 is grouped under the following four sections:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Suggested Time|
|Basic Sciences including Social Science||100||---|
|Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc.||40||3 Hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||30||---|
|English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc.||30||---|
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Syllabus
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Syllabus is divided into Sections A and B for Paper 1 and 2. The detailed syllabus for FRI M.Sc. 2021 is given below:
FRI Dehradun Entrance Exam common syllabus:
- Basic Sciences including Social Science
- Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc.
The syllabus covered in Section A consists of the following topics:
- General Silvi cultural Principles
- Silviculture Systems
- Silviculture of Trees
The syllabus covered in Section B consists of the following topics:
- Social Forestry
- Joint Forest Management and Tribology
- Forest Soils, Soil Conservation and Watershed management
- Forest Management and Management System
- Forest Working Plan
- Forest Mensuration and Remote Sensing modeling
- Surveying and Forest Engineering
- Forest Ecology and Ethnobotany
- Forest ecology
- Forest Resources and Utilization
- Environmentally sound forest harvesting practices
- Need and importance of wood seasoning and preservation
- Forest Protection & Wildlife Biology
- Forest Economics and Legislation
FRI M.Sc. Result 2021
FRI MSc. result will release the last week of June at the official website. A merit list of candidates including a waiting list is made on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test. Candidates will be selected in order of merit in all the categories.
Steps to check FRI M.Sc. Result 2021 are given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link “M.Sc Entrance Test Result”.
- FRI M.Sc. Result 2021 will be given in the form of Merit List.
- Separate FRI M.Sc. 2021 Merit List will be declared for different categories.
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Total Seats:
- M.Sc. Forestry (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Tech (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Environment Mgmt. (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 20 (for Indian).
FRI M.Sc. 2021 Counselling
Admission fees have to be paid at the time of FRI M.Sc. 2021 counseling otherwise the seat will be offered to the next candidate. If a selected candidate does not join by the given date or if no addition has been asked for and decided by the University then admission will go to be canceled automatically and the seat will be offered to the next applicant in the waiting list.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have a higher percentage of aggregate marks in the qualifying exam. If an applicant has an equal percentage of aggregate marks in the qualifying exam then they will be given preference for higher % in graduation.
Following is the list of Documents which applicants have to take at the time of counselling of FRI M.Sc. 2021:
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Intermediate Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- B.Sc. degree and Mark sheets of all the three yrs.
- Admission Test admits card issue from the FRI office.
- SC/ST category certificate on the basis of which reservation will claim.
- Physically Handicapped certificate from Civil Surgeon or C.M.O.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.