Table of Contents
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Dates(Postponed), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
FRI entrance exam for MSc courses has been postponed due to lockdown amid COVID-19 pandemic. As per latest notification, The exam is likely to be held in last week of July or first week of August 2020. FRI Entrance exam was previously scheduled to be held on May 10, 2020, Revised dates will be announced soon. FRI M.Sc is a national level exam conducted by Forest Research Institute Dehradun for admission to M.Sc Programs in Forestry, Wood Science and Technology, Environment Management and Cellulose and Paper Technology. FRI M.Sc. 2020 will be conducted in offline mode.
Latest: FRI MSc Application window has been extended till May 26, 2020. Read more
- The application forms for the exam is available from January 20, 2020.
- Application fee for FRI M.Sc. 2020 Registration is expected to be INR 1200.
- FRI M.Sc. will be conducted in the12 cities across the country.
- The test centers for the exam are Dehradun, Delhi, Jabalpur, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Ranchi, Lucknow, Jodhpur, Shimla, Coimbatore and Jorhat.
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Highlights
Following table highlights the overview FRI M.Sc. Entrance Exam 2020
|Name of Conducting Authority||Forest Research Institute Dehradun|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Exam Dates
Below given are the tentative dates related to FRI M.Sc. 2020.
|Application Form Start||January 20, 2020|
|Last Date for receiving completed application forms along with DD||May 26, 2020|
|Last Date for issue of the application form at Institute/bank counter||May 30, 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Forest Research Institute entrance exam||May 10, 2020 (Postponed)|
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must satisfy FRI M.Sc. 2020 eligibility criteria to successfully apply for the entrance test. The detailed FRI M.Sc. 2020 eligibility is given below:
- Category wise Education Qualification: The General candidate must have secured 50 % marks and Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe must score 45% marks to be eligible to apply.
- Age Limit for In-service Candidate: The maximum age limit in respect of in-service candidate to M.Sc. Environment Management course shall be 50 years. The age shall be reckoned as on July 31, 2020, and no further relaxation will be given.
- Citizenship: Those candidates whose nationality is Indian or any Foreign country citizen are eligible to apply for FRI M.sc course.
- M.sc. Branch wise Eligibility:
- For M.Sc. Forestry: 3 years Bachelor’s degree in Science with at least one subject studied in Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Maths, Physics, Zoology and Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.
- For M.Sc. Wood Science and Technology: B.Sc. degree in Forestry, 3 year’s Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Maths, and Chemistry.
- For M.Sc. Environment Management: 3 year’s Bachelor degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Science or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or B.E/B. tech in Environment Science.
- For M.Sc. Cellulose and Paper Technology: 3 year’s Bachelor degree in science with Chemistry as one of the subjects or B.E/B. Tech. (Chemical or Mechanical engineering).
How to Apply for FRI MSc 2020?
Students have to fill FRI MSc Application Form till May 26, 2020, and send it by post. The steps to apply for FRI M.Sc. 2020 are given below:
Step 1-Filling of FRI M.Sc. 2020 Application Form:
Candidates are required to provide the following personal and academic details:
- Full Name (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Date of birth (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Category (GEN/OBC/SC/ST)
- Whether belonging to PD category.
- Year of passing Class XII
- Name of parent/guardian
- Address for communication
- PIN code
- Phone/ Mobile Number
- Email address
Step 2- Fee Payment of FRI M.Sc. 2020:
- The application form can be sent by post on payment of Rs. 1200/- through bank draft is drawn in favor of “The Registrar, Forest Research Institute University” payable at Dehra Dun, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun–248 195.
- A candidate who wants to apply for two or more courses has to fill up separate form fee at Rs. 1200/- for each course.
Step 3- Submission of FRI M.Sc. 2020 Application form: Applications for admission in FRI MSc 2020 will be sent by post on the following address:
FRI M.Sc. Admit Card 2020
Candidates who will successfully register themselves for the exam will be able to download the admit card. FRI M.Sc. 2020Admit card containing center code and roll number will be mailed to the applicant by the third week of June 2020.
If a student has lost his FRI M.Sc. 2020 Admit Card or they may have not received it then duplicate admit cards can be obtained from the center superintendent of their exam center. Another option to take admit card is to reach directly on the Registrar office, FRI University, Dehra Dun on any working days during working hours.
After that duplicate admit card will be an issue after payment with a bank draft of Rs. 50/- and a photograph must stick on admission test application form 2020.
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Test Centres
Following are the State-wise exam centers in respective cities for FRI M.Sc. 2020 Dehradun Entrance Exam:
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Exam Pattern
According to FRI M.sc 2020 Exam Pattern, the exam will consist of multiple-choice questions. The duration of the entrance test is 3 hours.
- FRI M.sc 2020 is an offline exam.
- Candidates have to answer using blue/black point only.
- Each question will be followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate is required to select the one which he/she feels is a correct answer out of 4 options.
- There will be negative marking for the wrong answer to the extent of one-fourth (¼) of the marks allotted to the questions.
FRI M.Sc. 2020 is grouped under the following four sections:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Suggested Time|
|Basic Sciences including Social Science||100||---|
|Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc.||40||3 Hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||30||---|
|English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc.||30||---|
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Syllabus
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Syllabus is divided into Sections A and B for Paper 1 and 2. The detailed syllabus for FRI M.Sc. 2020 is given below:
FRI Dehradun Entrance Exam common syllabus:
- Basic Sciences including Social Science
- Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning, Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc.
The syllabus covered in Section A consists of the following topics:
- General Silvi cultural Principles
- Silviculture Systems
- Silviculture of Trees
The syllabus covered in Section B consists of the following topics:
- Social Forestry
- Joint Forest Management and Tribology
- Forest Soils, Soil Conservation and Watershed management
- Forest Management and Management System
- Forest Working Plan
- Forest Mensuration and Remote Sensing modeling
- Surveying and Forest Engineering
- Forest Ecology and Ethnobotany
- Forest ecology
- Forest Resources and Utilization
- Environmentally sound forest harvesting practices
- Need and importance of wood seasoning and preservation
- Forest Protection & Wildlife Biology
- Forest Economics and Legislation
FRI M.Sc. Result 2020
FRI MSc. result will release the last week of June at the official website. A merit list of candidates including a waiting list is made on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test. Candidates will be selected in order of merit in all the categories.
Steps to check FRI M.Sc. Result 2020 are given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link “M.Sc Entrance Test Result”.
- FRI M.Sc. Result 2020 will be given in the form of Merit List.
- Separate FRI M.Sc. 2020 Merit List will be declared for different categories.
FRI M.Sc. 2020Total Seats:
- M.Sc. Forestry (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Wood Science & Tech (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Environment Mgmt. (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 38 (for Indian) & 02 (for Foreign Nationals).
- M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology (Duration: 2 years); Seats: 20 (for Indian).
FRI M.Sc. 2020 Counselling
Admission fees have to be paid at the time of FRI M.Sc. 2020 counseling otherwise the seat will be offered to the next candidate. If a selected candidate does not join by the given date or if no addition has been asked for and decided by the University then admission will go to be canceled automatically and the seat will be offered to the next applicant in the waiting list.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have a higher percentage of aggregate marks in the qualifying exam. If an applicant has an equal percentage of aggregate marks in the qualifying exam then they will be given preference for higher % in graduation.
Following is the list of Documents which applicants have to take at the time of counselling of FRI M.Sc. 2020:
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Intermediate Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- B.Sc. degree and Mark sheets of all the three yrs.
- Admission Test admits card issue from the FRI office.
- SC/ST category certificate on the basis of which reservation will claim.
- Physically Handicapped certificate from Civil Surgeon or C.M.O.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College