Table of Contents
HPU MAT 2020 Admit Card(Released), Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus and Cut Off
Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test (HPU MAT) is a state-level entrance test conducted by HPU Business School for admitting students in its MBA program. The institute offers 120 seats in its MBA course. Check Participating Colleges
Latest: HPU MAT 2020 Admit Card has been released. Check Here
- HPU MAT Application Form fee is INR 1000 must be paid by general candidates and INR 500 for category (ST/SC) candidates.
- HPU MAT consisted of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers. Check Exam Pattern
- The question paper is divided into 4 sections - English, Critical Reasoning, Business Environment, and Arithmetic Comprehension and Data Skill.
- Every section consisted of with 50 questions of 1 mark each.
- The Group Discussion, Interview and Counselling round will begin from July 8 onwards. Check Cut Off
Highlights of HPU MAT 2020
|Conducting Body||Himachal Pradesh University Business School|
|Mode of exam||Paper-pen|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type and number of question||200 objective type questions|
|Number of seats||120|
HPU MAT 2020 Exam Dates
The table below enlists the tentative dates to be followed by the authorities:
|HPU MAT Application Form||May 11, 2020|
|Last date for applying online||August 31, 2020(Extended)|
|Release of Admit card||Oct 17, 2020|
|HPU MAT examination||To be announced|
|HPU MAT results announcement||To be announced|
|Interview/group discussion for reserved category||To be announced|
|Interview/group discussion for non-reserved category||To be announced|
|Declaration of final results||To be announced|
Who can Apply for HPU MAT 2020?
- There are no specific limitations to a student’s nationality or residential status.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification with minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply provided they submit the proof of graduation before August 2020.
- The upper age limit for male candidates is 26 years whereas for females it is 28 years.
- The same for candidates of SC/ST category is 29 years (both males and females).
HPU MAT 2020 Registration
Candidates can only apply online for HPU MAT examination. Here are a few steps to apply for the exam:
- Visit the official website i.e. hpubsshimla.org
- Click on the ADMISSIONS section and register yourself from through a valid e-mail ID
- Log onto the profile to fill the application form.
- The online application form is divided into the following categories:
- Personal information
- Education and document details
- Application summary
- Submit reference number and application form
- After filling the details click on the SAVE button.
- Candidates will receive a system generated registration number and password in the given mobile number and email ID.
- Upload a scanned copy of the following documents in the given specifications:
- Passport sized photograph of maximum 100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format only.
- Signature of maximum file size100 KB in .jpg or .jpeg format
- Marksheet/Certificate of 2 MB in PDF format.
- Application fee of INR 1000 can be paid online through debit/credit card or net banking.
Read More about HPU MAT 2020 Registration
HPU MAT 2020 Application Fee
|General category||INR 1000|
HPU MAT 2020 Admit Card
- Admit card for HPU MAT 2020 will be issued after the application process is over successfully.
- The admit cards are sent to candidate’s address by post.
- Candidates can also download the HPU MAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website of the college.
- Candidates must thoroughly go through the admit card in case there are any printing mistakes should immediately contact the program coordinator. Admit card contains the following details-
- Candidates Name
- Candidate’s roll number
- Candidate’s address
- Exam venue
- Exam time
- Exam date
How to download HPU MAT 2020 Admit Card?
- Log onto the official website of HPUBS hpubsshimla.org.
- Click on the ADMIT CARD.
- Fill in your registration number and password to view the admit card.
- Download and take a print out of the same.
HPU MAT 2020 Exam Centers
- HPU MAT is currently conducted in 8 cities and in various examination centers.
- The business school reserves the right to adjust the date/center of entrance examination.
- The examination centers can also vary from previous year depending upon the number of enrollment.
HPU MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- HPU MAT is a pen and paper test of 2-hour duration.
- The question paper is divided into 4 parts comprising of 50 questions each, making 200 questions in total.
- Each question comprises of 1 mark and the paper is of 200 marks.
- The paper is divided into English comprehension, reasoning, business environment and arithmetic comprehension and DI.
- There is no negative marking for any question.
HPU MAT 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of questions||200|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||4|
Read More about HPU MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
HPU MAT 2020 Syllabus
HPU MAT is an objective type paper which tests candidates on the following topics:
- English- Comprehension and language
- General Awareness- Business environment and current affairs
- Quantitative Aptitude- Data interpretation and Arithmetic Comprehension
- Reasoning- Critical reasoning and General intelligence
|Syllabus for Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation||This section will contain technical questions.|
|Syllabus for General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Calendars number and letter series clocks and Venn diagrams cubes logical connectives seating arrangements syllogism logical sequence binary logic logical matching blood relations|
|Syllabus for General Knowledge & Business Awareness||this section will contain questions to check the basic knowledge about business|
|Syllabus for English Comprehension & Language||comprehension of passage verbal reasoning syllogism contextual usage analogies antonyms fill in the blanks jumbled paragraphs sentence correction foreign language words used in English sentence completion odd man out idioms one word substitution Different use of same word|
HPU MAT 2020 Recommended Books
Give below are some of the important and recommended books for candidates preparing for HPU MAT 2020 Exam.
|Mission MBA guide||B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal|
|MAT entrance exam with practice CD||GKP|
|The Pearson MAT super course||Arun Sharma|
|10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT||Dharmendra Mittal|
|MAT score accelerator||Disha publications|
|MAT solved papers||Disha experts|
|Barron’s guide for MAT||Eugene D.Jaffe|
|10 mock test papers for MAT||Carrier launchers|
Recommended Books for English Comprehension & Language
|A Communicative Grammar of English||Geoffrey Leech|
|Business English and Communication||Clark|
|30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary||Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis|
Recommended Books for Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation
|Data Interpretation MBA Entrance||Jaiswal|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Arun Sharma|
|The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations||Dinesh Khattar|
Recommended Books for General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K.Gupta|
|Verbal Ability||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability||R. S. Agarwal|
HPU MAT 2020 Result
- HPU MAT 2020 Result will be announced in August 2020(tentative).
- Candidates will be ranked in the list on the basis of their scores in the written test.
- Final selection of the student is based on the group discussion and personal interview. By following below steps students can download HPU MAT 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on Result.
- Enter the roll number and date of birth.
- The result will be displayed as score card in pdf format.
- Download and take a print for future references.
- The score card will have the following information on it-
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Sectional marks scored
- Overall marks scored
- Minimum qualifying cut off marks.
HPU MAT 2020 Result Cut off
- Candidates scoring more than or equal to the minimum cut off marks will be eligible for GD-PI rounds.
- Candidates who fulfill the cut off stated for other entrance exams will also be eligible for GD-PI rounds.
- Cut off marks will be decided based on the following factors :
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by a candidate in the entrance test.
- Number of seats available in the University.
The cutoff lists differ according to the different category of candidates. Here is the previous year’s cutoff list for reference-
|Open to all||30.75%|
|Single girl child||25.75%|
Read More aboutHPU MAT 2020 Result
HPU MAT 2020 Counselling
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their scores and are further called for university-based counselling in mid July.
- It is offline counselling conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Business School.
- Students must appear for the group discussion and the personal interview.
- The result for subsidized seats is declared within a week after the counselling session
The final selection of HPU MAT after the counselling is done on the basis of the following procedure-
- Application rating -30 marks
- HPU MAT- 50 marks
- Group discussion- 10 marks
- personal interview- 10 marks
|GD/Interview for subsidized seats||July 8-11, 2020|
|GD/Interview for non-subsidized seats||July 13, 2020|
|Final Result Declaration||July 22, 2020|
HPU MAT 2020 FAQs
Question 1: What is HPU MAT?
Answer: HPU MAT is a state-level entrance examination, which is conducted once in every year by Himachal Pradesh University Business School to provide admission to eligible candidates in various management courses.
Question 2: When is the exam usually conducted?
Answer: HPU MAT is usually conducted in the month of May every year.
Question 3: When will be the application forms available?
Answer: Application forms for HPU MAT 2020 will be out in the month of April 2020.
Question 4: Where can we fill the application form for HPU MAT 2020?
Answer: Interested candidates can fill the application form on the official website i.e. www.hpubsshimla.nic.in.
Question 5: Is there a registration fee for HPU MAT Exam?
Answer: Yes, there is a registration fee of INR 1000 for general category students and INR 500 for reserved (SC/ST/OBC) candidates.
Question 6: How can we remit the registration fee?
Answer: Registration fee for HPU MAT Exam can be remitted either via online mode (through debit card/credit card/net banking) or via offline mode (through Bank Challan).
Question 7: What is the last date to submit the application form?
Answer: Students can submit their application form till the month on May 05, 2020. Any submission of application forms after the due date won’t be accepted and will be rejected by the conducting authority.
Question 8: When can we get the admit card?
Answer: Admit Cards for HPU MAT 2020 will be made available on the official website from May 20, 2020. Students can download their respective admit cards from the official website by logging in to their Ids.
Question 9: Will the admit cards delivered at our residential address as well?
Answer: Yes, admit cards will be delivered to the address provided by each student while filling in the registration form. Still, students are advised to take a print out of the admit cards from the official website, and check if there are any errors. Take several print outs of the admit card, for all further processes.
Question 10: How many questions will be there in the HPU MAT Exam?
Answer: There will be a total of 200 MCQ questions in the exam, divided into 4 sections, which have to be completed in 2 hours.
Question 11: In which mode, the exam will be conducted?
Answer: The exam will be conducted in only offline mode (pen & paper mode). No online exams will be conducted.
Question 12: What sections will be there in the exam?
Answer: There will be four sections- English Comprehension, Business Environment, Reasoning, Arithmetic Comprehension & data skills. Each section will contain 50 questions.
Question 13: How many marks will be awarded for each answer?
Answer: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. Maximum marks for the exam are 200.
Question 14: Is there any negative marking?
Answer: No, there is no negative marking in the exam.
Question 15: On what basis, the question paper is made?
Answer: Questions asked in HPU MAT Exam are designed to test candidates’ understanding of data interpretation, business and general knowledge.
Question 16: What is the upper age limit to apply for HPU MAT Exam?
Answer: The upper age limit for male candidates is 26 years and 28 years for female candidates. Candidates above these ages are not eligible for the exam.
Question 17: Is there any age relaxation for reserved category candidates?
Answer: Yes, there is age relaxation for candidates belonging to the SC/ST category. The upper limit to apply for both male and female is 29 years.
Question 18: What is the minimum percentage required to apply?
Answer: Candidates interested in applying for HPU MAT Exam must have graduated with a minimum of 55% in any bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. All SC/ST/OBC candidates are given a relaxation up-to 10%.
Question 19: Can final year graduation students apply?
Answer: Yes, final year graduation students can also apply for the exam, but admission to such candidates will be given permanently only after they fulfil the selection criteria.
Question 20: Is there any residential criteria for HPU MAT?
Answer: No, there are no specific limitations to a candidate’s nationality or residential status.
Question 21: How can we apply offline for HPU MAT 2020?
Answer: Students can also apply offline for the exam. For that, you will have to buy the exam prospectus from the admission counter at HPUBS counter. The application form is attached with it. You have to fill the application form, and along with the application fee submit it back to the counter.
Question 22: Do we have to send documents to the conducting authority’s office?
Answer: If you are filling the application form online, then you have to upload the required documents online and you don’t have to send the copies to the office. But if you are registering offline, then you have to submit the documents along with the application form and application fee to the counter of HPUBS.
Question 23: What documents are to be submitted with the application form?
Answer: A scanned copy of candidate’s recent passport size coloured photograph, candidate’s signature, guardian’s signature and a self-attested document (either mark sheet or certificate) are required to be submitted along with the application form.
Question 24: Is it important to have a hard copy of the admit card at the time of the exam?
Answer: Yes, it is very important to carry the hard copy of the admit card at the time of entry to the examination hall. Students without admit cards won’t be permitted to enter the examination hall.
Question 25: Can we carry a soft copy of the admit card?
Answer: No, soft copy of admit card won’t be enough to get the entry to the examination hall. Also, no photocopies of admit card will be allowed. Every student must carry the original admit card at the time of exam.
Question 25: What documents do we have to carry with ourselves to the exam hall?
Answer: On the day of examination, candidates have to carry their original admit card and an original copy of ID Proof. No photocopies will be accepted. Students without ID proof will not be permitted to enter the examination hall.
Question 26: In which cities will HPU MAT 2020 be conducted?
Answer: HPU MAT 2020 will be conducted in Chandigarh, Shimla, Solan, Una, Palampur, Hamirpur, Mandi and Dharmshala. Students can fill their preferences of cities while filling in the application form.
Question 27: Can we make correction to the submitted application form?
Answer: No, once the application form is submitted no information entered in it can be altered or corrected. So, students are advised to carefully fill in all the information in the application form, and check twice before hitting the ‘Submit’ button.
Question 28: Can we contact the conducting authority in case of emergencies?
Answer: Yes, you can contact the conducting authority in case of emergencies. But there is no such guarantee that the filled and submitted form will be altered. But you can try to contact them on the below mentioned address:
Himachal Pradesh University Business School (HPUBS)
Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh - 171005
Ph. No.: 0177-2831653
Question 29: When will be the results for HPU MAT 2020 Exam declared?
Answer: The results for HPU MAT 2020 will be declared in the mid of June after the exams are successfully conducted.
Question 30: Where can we check HPU MAT Result?
Answer: Results for HPU MAT 2020 will be declared online on the official website of HPUBS (www.hpubsshimla.org). Students can check their results easily by logging into their account and entering their roll number.
Question 31: How is the result announced?
Answer: The conducting body announces the result online through scores/ranks of candidates.
Question 32: When will be the answer key and merit list announced?
Answer: HPUBS will release the answer key online on the official website soon after the exam is conducted and merit list is also expected to be announced, once the results are declared. Students are advised to keep visiting the site for latest updates.
Question 33: How will be the final selection of candidates done?
Answer: Once the result for HPU MAT is declared and merit list is released, short-listed candidates will be called for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview Round (PI), in the mid of July, 2020. Candidate’s overall performance will be evaluated by highly qualifies faculty members and candidates will be selected for admission.
Question 34: What is the basis for final selection of candidates?
Answer: Candidates will be short-listed for admission on the basis of following procedure:
- Application Form – 30 marks
- HPU MAT Exam- 50 marks
- Group Discussion Round- 10 marks
- Personal Interview Round- 10 marks
Question 35: What documents have to be submitted at the time of admission?
Answer: At the time of admission, students will have to submit Class 10th & 12th mark sheet, Graduation mark sheet, Migration Certificate (if applicable), demand draft, Address Proof, Proof of Date of Birth and other relevant documents.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College