IMU CET is a national level entrance exam conducted for admissions into various disciplines of UG and PG courses offered by its five campuses (Cochin, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam). The online applications for IMU CET 2019 started on April 06, 2019 and will terminate on May 11, 2019.
- IMU CET 2019 Admit Card will be released on May 16, 2019.
- The total time allotted for the exams is 3 hours. No negative marking is applicable in the exam.
- Indian Maritime University will declare the result of IMU CET 2019 on June 5. The candidates can now check the list of qualified candidates for admission
- Candidates who are willing to take the IMU CET 2019 exam can apply for it on IMU’s official website imu.edu.in.
The exam is held every for admission of candidates in following courses-
|B.Tech Marine Engineering||B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering||B.Sc Nautical Science||B.Sc Ship Building and Repair|
|Diploma in Nautical Science||M.Tech in Marine Technology and Management||MBA||-|
IMU CET 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates who wish to appear for the IMU CET 2019 exam should note the important dates.
|IMU CET 2019||Exam Dates|
|Application Starts||April 06, 2019|
|Last date for online application (except BBA Program)||May 11, 2019|
|Admit card download||May 16, 2019|
|Date of IMU CET exam||June 02, 2019|
|Result declaration (tentative)||June 05, 2019|
|Counselling begins||June 07 to June 20, 2019|
|Last date for registration BBA Program||June 20, 2019|
|Publication of 1st list of selected candidates||June 23, 2019|
|Last date for payment of admission fee for selected candidates||July 04, 2019|
|Publication of 2nd list of selected candidates||July 06, 2019|
|Last date for payment of admission fee for selected candidates||July 13, 2019|
|Publication of 3rd list of selected candidates(if necessary)||July 14, 2019|
|Last date for payment of admission fee for selected candidates||July 21, 2019|
|Document Verification||July 23 to July 31, 2019|
|Commencement of academic session ||Aug 01, 2019|
IMU CET 2019 Eligibility
Candidates who are willing to take admissions through IMU CET 2019 must ensure that they qualify all the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the official notification of IMU otherwise their candidature would be cancelled by the conducting authority at any stage of examination/admission. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- Only Unmarried candidates would be considered eligible for the purpose of this exam.
- Candidate must have applied for passport before taking admission through CET.
- Minimum age of candidate should be 17 years and Maximum age should not exceed 25 years. Both the ages that is maximum and minimum would be counted as on August, 1, 2019.
- Candidates applying in marine courses would be required to produce the medical fitness certified by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
- Candidates applying for engineering (lateral also)/B.Sc/Diploma/ courses must have studied and passed examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at plus two level with minimum 60% in aggregate. They would also be required to sore minimum of 50% marks in English at plus two level.
IMU CET 2019 Application Form
- Candidates who aspire to appear in the IMU CET 2019 exam must apply online till May 11, 2019.
- Only online mode of application is available and offline application would not be entertained.
- While making an application online candidates must keep their academic certificates/mark sheet with them for reference purpose.
- Candidates can make an application by following the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of the IMU.
- Click on the link IMU CET 2019 application.
- Fill in your academic and demographic details along with preference of the exam center.
- Pay the stipulated application fee. The details related to application fee are tabled below.
|Category||Application fee to be paid (in INR)|
- Click on submit. A registration/application number would be granted post successful submission of the application. Candidates should note this number for future reference.
IMU CET 2019 Admit card
- Admit cards for IMU CET 2019 exam would be published on the official website by May 16, 2019 onwards.
- Candidates would be able to download the admit cards as soon as they are published by the official authority.
- Candidates would be required to log in using their application/registration number and password in order to download their admit cards.
- We at collegedunia will provide you with the admit card download link as soon as it is made available on the official website.
IMU CET 2019 Exam centers
Candidates would be allowed to take the IMU CET 2019 exam at the center of their choice. For these candidates would be required to lock the three exam center preferences at the time of making the application for the exam. The exam can be taken at following centers.
|Hyderabad|| -||- |
IMU CET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be held in online mode where MCQ type questions are asked.
- Exam will be of 200 marks. For each correct answer candidates will be awarded with 1 marks and there is no negative marking.
- The exam tests candidate aspiring for B.Tech and M.Tech program for their knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, GK, and aptitude.
- Candidates aspiring for MBA admissions are tested for their proficiency in Quantitative, verbal, Data interpretation, and logical reasoning abilities.
|Mode of Exam||Online only|
|Number of Questions asked||200 MCQ Type|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Sections in Paper||6 (PCM, GK, English, Aptitude)|
|Negative marking||Not applicable|
IMU CET 2019 Syllabus
- The syllabus of IMU CET 2019 exam would be similar to the Class XI and Class XII syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, GK, English, and aptitude of CBSE/ISE/State Boards.
- Candidates can refer to the books that are prescribed for their Class XI and XII academic curriculum or can take reference from the books for other national level entrance exam like JEE Main, JEE Advanced and BITSAT etc.
- List of some books is tabled below for your reference.
- For General Knowledge and aptitude portion candidates can refer books Like Lucent General Knowledge and RS Aggarwal quantitative aptitude respectively.
IMU CET 2019 Physics
|NCERT part 1&2 class 12th||NCERT||8174506314 & 8174506713|
|Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||H.C.Verma||8177091875 & 8177092324|
|Understanding Physics series||D.C. Pandey||9350941732|
IMU CET 2019 Chemistry
|NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||NCERT||8174506489 & 8174507167|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||P.Bahadur||9382314431|
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||O.P. Tandon||9382314415|
|JEE Main Chemistry Previous year Papers||Arihant||9350947994|
IMU CET 2019 Mathematics
|Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||S.K.Goyal||35203290X|
IMU CET 2019 English
|Wren and Martin for high school English||Wren and Martin||8121900093|
IMU CET 2019 Cut-off
The cut-off will vary from campus to campus and course to course. The cut-off would be decided base on following few factors.
- Number of applications received for that course.
- Seats available for that course.
- Difficulty level of paper
- Performance of the candidates
Based on the analysis of previous year’s cut-off we have tabled the expected cut off rank for IMU Mumbai, Campus for B.Tech Program.
|Institute||Rank (UR)||Rank (OBC/NCL)||Rank (SC)||Rank (ST)|
IMU CET 2019 Counselling
- IMU CET 2019 Counselling will commence from June 23 to July 26, 2019.
- The candidates who will be shortlisted (either in 1st , 2nd or 3rd list) would be called for counselling at the five campuses of IMU.
- Third stage of counselling will only held if it is necessary.
- Counselling would be done in online mode and candidates would not be required to present themselves for the counselling at some center.
- They can do that from anywhere. Seat allotment would be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the CET exam plus his suitability based on physical, medical and other related standards.
- The decision of IMU CET 2019 exam conducting authority would deem to be final in this regard.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College