IMU CET 2021 known as Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test conducted by Indian Maritime University. Candidates who have appeared for the test on March 13, 2021, can check their results by visiting the official website on March 22, 2021. Check IMU CET 2021 Result
The test on March 13 was conducted specifically for admissions to the February 2021 Batch of the DNS program. IMU CET Counselling will start soon after the declaration of the result. After receiving the rank certificate, the candidate will be required to register online, pay the registration fee, confirm the seat, download the provisional letter, and appear for the document verification. IMU conducts counselling only for admission in its six campuses.
- Candidates can also take this examination for admission to UG, PG, and PhD courses such as B. Tech, B. Sc, M. Tech, M. Sc, and MBA with various specialisation at IMU. IMU CET 2021 Application forms for these programs are expected to be released in the first week of April 2021. Check IMU CET Application Form
- Candidates planning to appear for the examination should check IMU CET Exam Pattern and Syllabus carefully as it could vary depending on the type of the course. IMU CET 2021 will be conducted once in a year across 36 cities in India.
- IMU CET 2021 Admit Card or Hall Ticket will be available from the 3rd week of May in 2021 and the IMU CET 2021 examination is expected to be held in the 1st week of June in 2021. The exam is held every year for admission in the following courses:
|B.Tech Marine Engineering||B.Tech in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering||B.Sc Nautical Science||B.Sc Ship Building and Repair|
|Diploma in Nautical Science||M.Tech in Marine Technology and Management||MBA||-|
IMU CET 2021 Exam Dates
|IMU CET 2021 (UG, PG, PhD)||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application Starts||April 2021|
|Last date for online payment of fee||May 2021|
|Last date for submission of detailed application form||May 2021|
|IMU CET 2021 Admit Card||May 2021|
|IMU CET 2021 Exam Date||June 2021|
|Result declaration||July 2021|
|Counselling begins||July 2021|
IMU CET 2021 Result
Candidates can check IMU CET 2021 Result only from the official website of Indian Maritime University only after the announcement and publishing of the final result. Steps to follow to check the result for IMU CET 2021 are listed below.
- Go to the official website of IMU
- Click on the link “IMU CET Result 2021”
- Select the course
- Click on the download option
- Check the details and download the result in PDF format
- Take a print out of the Score Card
IMU CET 2021 Eligibility
Candidates who are willing to take admissions through IMU CET 2021 must ensure that they qualify all the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the official notification of IMU otherwise their candidature would be cancelled by the conducting authority at any stage of examination/admission. The detailed eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates applying for engineering (lateral also)/B.Sc/Diploma/ courses must have studied and passed examination in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at plus two level with minimum 60% in aggregate. They would also be required to sore minimum of 50% marks in English at plus two level.
- Candidate must have applied for passport before taking admission through CET.
- Minimum age of candidate should be 17 years and Maximum age should not exceed 25 years.
- Candidates applying in marine courses would be required to produce the medical fitness certified by Doctors approved by Director General of Shipping.
IMU CET 2021 Application Form
- Candidates who aspire to appear in the IMU CET 2021 exam must apply online.
- Only online mode of application was available and offline application would not be entertained.
- While making an application online candidates must keep their academic certificates/mark sheet with them for reference purpose.
Candidates can fill application form by following the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of the IMU.
- Click on the link IMU CET 2021 application.
- Fill in your academic and demographic details along with preference of the exam center.
- Pay the stipulated application fee. The details related to application fee are tabled below.
|Category||Application fee to be paid (in INR)|
- Click on submit. A registration/ application number would be granted post successful submission of the application. Candidates should note this number for future reference.
IMU CET 2021 Admit card
- IMU CET Admit Card will be published at the official website.
- Candidates are required to log in using their application/registration number and password in order to download their admit cards.
IMU CET 2021 Exam centers
Candidates would be allowed to take the IMU CET 2021 exam at the center of their choice. For these candidates would be required to lock the three exam center preferences at the time of filling the application for the exam. The exam can be taken at following centers.
IMU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be held in online mode where MCQ type questions are asked.
- Exam will be of 120 marks. For each correct answer candidates will be awarded with 1 marks and there is no negative marking.
- The exam tests candidate aspiring for B.Tech and M.Tech program for their knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, GK, and aptitude.
- Candidates aspiring for MBA admissions are tested for their proficiency in Quantitative, verbal, Data interpretation, and logical reasoning abilities.
|Mode of Exam||Online only|
|Number of Questions asked||120 MCQ Type|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Sections in Paper||6 (PCM, GK, English, Aptitude)|
|Negative marking||Not applicable|
IMU CET 2021 Syllabus
- The syllabus of IMU CET 2021 exam would be similar to the Class XI and Class XII syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, GK, English, and aptitude of CBSE/ISE/State Boards.
- Candidates can refer to the books that are prescribed for their Class XI and XII academic curriculum or can take reference from the books for other national level entrance exam like JEE Main, JEE Advanced and BITSAT etc.
- List of some books is tabled below for your reference.
- For General Knowledge and aptitude portion candidates can refer books Like Lucent General Knowledge and RS Aggarwal quantitative aptitude respectively.
IMU CET 2021 Physics
|NCERT part 1&2 class 12th||NCERT||8174506314 & 8174506713|
|Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||H.C.Verma||8177091875 & 8177092324|
|Understanding Physics series||D.C. Pandey||9350941732|
IMU CET 2021 Chemistry
|NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||NCERT||8174506489 & 8174507167|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||P.Bahadur||9382314431|
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||O.P. Tandon||9382314415|
|JEE Main Chemistry Previous year Papers||Arihant||9350947994|
IMU CET 2021 Mathematics
|Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||S.K.Goyal||35203290X|
IMU CET 2021 English
|Wren and Martin for high school English||Wren and Martin||8121900093|
IMU CET 2021 Cutoff
The cut-off will vary from campus to campus and course to course. The cut-off would be decided base on following few factors.
- Number of applications received for that course.
- Seats available for that course.
- Difficulty level of paper
- Performance of the candidates
Based on the analysis of the previous year’s cut-off we have tabled the expected cut off rank for IMU Mumbai, Campus for B.Tech Program.
|Institute||Rank (UR)||Rank (OBC/NCL)||Rank (SC)||Rank (ST)|
IMU CET 2021 Counselling
- IMU CET 2021 Counselling will commence from July 2021 (tentatively).
- The candidates who are shortlisted (either in 1st , 2nd or 3rd list) would be called for counselling at the five campuses of IMU.
- Third stage of counselling will only held if it is necessary.
- Counselling would be done in online mode and candidates would not be required to present themselves for the counselling at some center.
- Seat allotment would be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the CET exam plus his suitability based on physical, medical and other related standards.
- The decision of IMU CET 2021 exam conducting authority would deem to be final in this regard.
IMU CET 2021 FAQ
Ques. What is the first step to applying for IMU CET 2021 Admission?
Ans. First of all, you need to register on the official website of IMU by following the minimum eligibility criteria. After completion of registration, all the other or next process like application form fill up, documents upload, fee payment needs to be completed.
Ques. Can I get any concession fee as a reserved category candidate for IMU CET 2021?
Ans. Yes, you will get a concession fee of INR 300 as application fee.
Ques. What course can I take for the diploma programme at IMU?
Ans. You can pursue a Diploma in Nautical Science for one year.
Ques. What do I need to do if I found any discrepancies on IMU CET 2021 Admit Card?
Ans. In that case, you will have to contact the university (IMU) for the discrepancies on the admit card at the following address.
Indian Maritime University
East Coast Road, Semmencherry, Chennai - 600119
Phone:+91 (44) 2453 9020
Ques. Do I need to carry on the examination day along with IMU CET 2021 Admit Card?
Ans. On the day of the examination you need to bring a valid photo ID proof such as PAN card, Passport, Driving Licence, Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, etc along with the admit card.
Ques. Is there any deduction on IMU CET 2021 Counselling fee?
Ans. Yes, there is a 10% deduction on IMU CET 2021 Counselling fee only for the candidate whose name will not be shown on the admission list.
Ques. Can I receive the result for IMU CET 2021 through email or any other offline mode?
Ans. No, you will not get the IMU CET 2021 Result or scorecard or mark sheet through email or any other offline mode.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.