Kerala MCA 2020 Exam Pattern; Mode, Total Questions, Marking Scheme, Syllabus
Kerala MCA 2020 Exam Pattern for the academic year 2020 – 21 will not observe any change in its pattern. Kerala MCA is a pen and paper based exam scheduled in the month of September 2020. There are 150 objective type questions which are divided into seven subjects. Applicants have to attempt all the questions in the duration of two hours (120 Minutes). Kerala MCA 2020 will be conducted at selected venues in Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, and Kozhikode.
- Kerala MCA 2020 will have questions in English Language only.
- Each question carries one mark and negative marking will is also applicable that one mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. No marks for unanswered questions.
- Kerala MCA 2020 Syllabus contains seven subjects i.e. Mathematics, Statics, Physics, Chemistry, General Knowledge, General English and Fundamentals of Computer Awareness at Graduate level.
- Each subject carries 20 questions except Fundamentals of Computer Awareness. This subject carries highest weightage of questions in exam (30 questions).
Kerala MCA 2020 Exam Highlights
The exam is held in offline (Pen and paper based) mode. Applicants have to attempt 180 MCQ Questions in the duration of 2 hours. The language of question paper is English only.
|Name of Exam||Kerala MCA (Kerala Masters of Computer Application)|
|Conducted Body||CEE Kerala (Commissioner of Entrance Examination)|
|Date of Examination||September 2020|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Total Number of Questions||150 MCQs Questions (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Total Marks||450 Marks|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Paper Language||English Only|
|Marking Scheme||3 Marks for every correct answer and 1 Mark deducted for every incorrect response|
Kerala MCA 2020 Exam Pattern
- Kerala MCA is Pen and paper based test conducted by CEE Kerala.
- There are 150 questions in the exam, all the questions in MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) format.
- Every subject carries 20 questions in the questions paper but Fundamentals of Computer Awareness carries 30 questions. It is the most important section of the exam carries highest weightage of questions.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to attempt all questions in duration of 2 hours (120 Minutes). No extra time will be given to any candidate.
- 3 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer. There is no marking for unanswered questions.
Kerala MCA 2020 Subject Wise Questions
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Fundamental of Computer Awareness||30||90|
|Total||150 Questions||450 Marks|
Kerala MCA 2020 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of Kerala MCA 2020 exam is followed as given below:
- 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response
- There will be no marking for not unanswered questions
Kerala MCA 2020 Syllabus
- Kerala MCA Syllabus 2020 contains questions from Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, General Knowledge, General English and Fundamentals of Computer Awareness.
- The syllabus is based on graduation level. There are total 150 questions in the exam and all the questions in MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) format.
- Every subject carries 20 questions but Fundamentals of Computer Awareness carries 30 questions in the exam. This section carries highest weightage of questions in Kerala MCA 2020 Exam.
- Applicants are suggested to prepare important topics first. Here, we are providing you complete syllabus of Kerala MCA 2020.
Kerala MCA Syllabus of Mathematics
|Algebra||Convergence Series||Statistics & Probability||Differential Equations|
|Linear Algebra||Integral Calculus||Numerical Analysis||Analytical Geometry|
|Differential Calculus||Solid Geometry||Linear Programming||-|
Kerala MCA Syllabus of Reasoning
|Alphabet Test||Coding/Decoding test||Ordering||Statement and Conclusion|
|Dissimilar Test||Number series & Time||Syllogism||-|
|Analogy Test||Blood relations||Passage and Course of Action||-|
Kerala MCA Syllabus of General English
|Comprehension||Prepositions and articles||Technical writing||Vocabulary|
|Words and phrases||Synonyms and antonyms||Usage of verbs||Word power|
Kerala MCA Syllabus of Fundamentals of Computer Awareness
|Organization of a computer||Computer memory and back-up devices||Binary arithmetic||Venn diagrams|
|Central Processing Unit (CPU)||Representation of characters||Floating numbers||-|
|Structure of instructions in CPU||Integers and fractions||Boolean algebra||-|
|Input/output devices||Binary representations||Truth tables||-|
Kerala MCA 2020 Important Books
Here is the list of some important books for Kerala MCA 2020 exam preparation. Books are the very important part of preparation plane.
|Subjects||Book Name||Author Name||ISBN Number|
|Mathematics||MCA Mathematics 1 Edition||Anil Kumar Garg||9788174821744, 8174821740|
|Statistics||Engineering Mechanics: Statics||R. C. Hibbeler||-|
|Physics||Master the NCERT - Physics: Vol. II||Satyam Kumar||9352035860|
|Chemistry||Indian National Chemistry Olympiad||Dr. Pravin Kumar||9789352033027, 9352033027|
|General Knowledge||Objective General Knowledge & Current Affairs level 2||Disha Experts||9789384905491, 9384905496|
|General English||Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||9789351768449, 9351768449|
|Fundamental of Computer Awareness||Computer Fundamentals||Goel||8131733092, 978-8131733097|
Kerala MCA 2020 Exam Instructions
- Answer sheets (OMR Answer sheets) is given to mark the answers. All entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles should be done by using ball point pen (blue or black ink) only.
- Make sure you darken the circle correctly and prominently.
- Do not mark any other sign such as a cross (X). It will not be considered as a correct response.
- The Question Booklets can be taken by the candidates at the end of the Examination.
- Applicants are not allowed to leave examination center before the examination is over.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College