Table of Contents
MGU CAT 2020 Exam Dates(Postponed), Registration, Eligibility, Result and Cutoff
MGU CAT is a university level entrance exam for candidates seeking admission in various postgraduate programs at MGU. Candidates must have a bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks from the recognized university. Check Eligibility Criteria
Latest: MGU CAT 2020 exam dates postponed. Application Forms for PG programs has been extended till May 31, 2020. Apply Now!
- MGU CAT 2020 application form has been released on February 20, 2020.
- Candidates will have to make payment of INR 1000 and INR 500 for reserved categories.
- MGU CAT 2020 admit card will be available online at the official website once the application process is completed.
- The exam consists of objective type questions and each question carries 1 marks. Check MGU CAT Exam Pattern
- Candidate should hold a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Check MGU CAT Eligibility
- The exam dates will be notified soon and MGU CAT 2020 will be conducted at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Kochi, Kozhikode, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai
- MGU CAT 2020 Result will be declared on the official website after the commencement of the exam. The shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling process from Second Week of May 2020.
- The final Rank List will be released in the last week of May 2020(tentative).
MGU CAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Name||Mahatma Gandhi University Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Courses offered||M.A., M.Sc., M.Ed., L.LM., MTTM|
MGU CAT 2020 Dates
Given below MGU CAT 2020 exam scheduled for national candidates:
|Application form begins from||February 20, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form for UG||March 20, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form for PG||May 31, 2020 (Extended)|
|Confirmation of application form||To be notified|
|Availability of Admit card||To be notified|
|Declaration of Result||To be notified|
|Interview/G.D/Written Test||To be notified|
|Counselling process begins from||July 1, 2020|
Dates for foreign candidates:
|Submission of Advance Copy of Application||March 22, 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Original Application through the Indian Embassy||April 15, 2020|
MGU CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates must check the eligibility criteria according to their subject. If candidates are not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria his/her form can be disqualified at any stage. Check the following table to eligibility below:
|Sl No||Programmes||Seats (Quota wise)||Eligibility|
|State||All India Open||International|
|1||M Sc in Biochemistry||10||2||2||BSc degree in Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Micro- biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, or Physics with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|2||M Sc in Biotechnology||10||2||2|
|3||M Sc in Biophysics||05||1||2|
|4||M Sc in Microbiology||10||2||2|
|5||M Sc in Chemistry (Inorganic Chemistry)||8||2||2||B Sc in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as Subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|6||M Sc in Chemistry (Organic Chemistry)||8||2||2|
|7||M Sc in Chemistry (Physical Chemistry)||8||2||2|
|8||M Sc in Chemistry (Polymer Chemistry)||8||2||2|
|9||M Sc in Computer Science||25||3||2||B Sc in Computer Science/ Computer Application/ B Sc IT/BCA/ B Sc with Computer Science as one of the main subject with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|10||M Sc in Psychology||10||2||2||Pass in any graduate programme with not less than 50% marks.|
|11||M Sc in Physics||20||4||2||B Sc in Physics with Mathematics as one of the subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III.|
|12||M Sc in Environment Science & Management||10||2||2||B Sc degree in any of the following optionals; Botany, Zoology, Chem- istry, Physics, Geology, Geography, Life Science, Environment Science, Environment Management, Microbi- ology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Plant or Animal Science, Agriculture, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B Tech in Civil/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Environmental or equiva- lent examination with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|13||M Sc in Environment Science and Disaster Management||10||2||2||B Sc degree in any subject with not less than 50% marks in Part III.|
|14||M A Politics and International Relations||15||3||3||BA in Economics/ Politics/ History/ Law with not less than 45% marks for Part III or B A in English/ Sociology/ Anthropology/ Psychology/ Geogra- phy/ Philosophy/ Commerce with 50% in Part III or B Sc in any branch with not less than 60% marks in Part III.|
|15||M A Politics and Human Rights||05||1||1|
|16||M A Politics( Public Policy and Gover- nance):||05||1||1|
|17||M A Economics||16||4||2||Bachelors degree in Economics Math- ematics/Statistics under 10+2+3 pattern of education with atleast 45% marks in Core and Complementary subjects or equivalent degree from an institution approved by Mahatma Gandhi University.|
|18||M A in Malayalam||10||0||0||Bachelor’s degree in Malayalam with not less than 45% marks (or CGPA of 1.8) in Part III or degree in Arts/Sci- ence with a minimum of 50% marks in Part II Malayalam|
|19||M A in English||10||2||2||Bachelor’s degree in English with not less than 45% marks in Part III or de- gree in Arts/Science with a minimum of 50% marks in Part I English.|
|20||M A in Gandhian Studies||12||2||2||Pass in any graduate programme with 45% marks in Part III.|
|21||M A in Development Studies||12||2||2|
|22||M A History||10||2||2||Bachelor’s degree in the faculty of Social Sciences with not less than 45% marks in Part III.|
|24||Master of Tourism and Travel Management||20||2||2||Bachelor’s degree (including profes- sional degrees) with not less than 50% marks in any discipline of this University or any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi Uni- versity.|
|25||Master of Education (M Ed) Programme with Specialization in Language Educa- tion (English, Hindi, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Arabic), Mathematics, Science, Social Sci- ence, Commerce, Computer Education||50||0||0||B Ed with not less than 55% marks|
|26||Master of Law (LLM) one year programme||20||4||2||Pass in LLB or equivalent examination approved by MG University with 50% marks|
MGU CAT 2020 Application Form
MGU CAT 2020 Application forms are available from February 20, 2020. Candidates are advised not to wait for last date and should fill the application form before April 13, 2020, for PG courses.
Check the steps to fill MGU CAT 2020 Application form:
Step: 1 Registration
- Candidates can fill the online application form through the official website i.e. cat.mgu.ac.in
- Click on the link ‘MGU CAT Application Form’
- Fill the registration form to get Application Number.
- Candidates have to fill the information like Candidates Name, Date of birth and Email ID, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- After the successful submission of registration form candidate will get an application number.
Step: 2 Filling details in Application Form
After successful payment of fee, candidates have to fill the following details:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Step: 3 Fee Payment
- Candidates can make payment through the official website
- Login to the candidates portal with the help of application number
- Candidates can make payment via
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Posting Application Form
- Applicants of M.Ed programmes should send the hard copy of the application form to the address given below:
School of Pedagogical Sciences,
Mahatma Gandhi University,
- Candidates have to post the print of Application form to the address given below:
School of Distance Education,
Mahatma Gandhi University,
MGU CAT 2020 Application Fee
After registration process candidates have to make payment before April 15, 2020. Candidates can pay application fee via credit card/debit card/net banking as per their convenience. The application fee will be as follows:
|General Category||INR 1000|
|Reserved Category||INR 500|
MGU CAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website. It is an important document carrying information about candidate and exam. It acts as an identity proof and a gateway to examination hall. No candidate will be allowed inside the examination hall without the Admit Card. Candidates must preserve their Admit card even after the exam, for further process.
Given below are the steps to download MGU CAT 2020 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link ‘Admit Card’
- Provide the required information like registration number, name and date of birth, etc.
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
MGU CAT 2020 Exam Center
Candidates can choose any one exam center according to their preferences at the time of registration. Once the exam center will be allotted to a candidate, it cannot be changed. Candidates can give their preference from the options given below.
MGU CAT 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
MGU CAT 2020 Exam Pattern will be set by Mahatma Gandhi University for students who are willing to apply for post-graduation.
- The paper will be conducted in offline mode
- MGU CAT 2020 will be of 90 minutes.
- The exam will consist of 80 objective type and candidates will have to choose one correct answer from the four given options.
- Medium of the question paper will be English language only.
- The question paper will be of objective and descriptive type for the following subjects. Candidates will have to write descriptive answers in the following subject.
- MA Malayalam
- MA English
- Master of Tourism Management
MGU CAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates should go through MGU CAT syllabus once for getting a fair idea of question paper. Having an ample knowledge of syllabus is necessary to score well in the exam. Check syllabus of the course below:
|School of Chemical Sciences||BSc Chemistry syllabus of MGU.|
|School of Biosciences||MGU syllabus of Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Bio-technology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry and Physics at B Sc level.|
|School of Environmental Sciences||Basic sciences at degree level, general aptitude and general awareness on Environmental Sciences.|
|School of Letters||Entrance Test will consist of questions to assess the aptitude for literary/theatrical studies. The question paper will contain essay type questions, short answer questions and objective type questions.|
|School of International Relations and Politics||Current affairs.|
|School of Gandhian Thought and Developmental Studies||Entrance Test will consist of questions from related subjects.|
|School of Social Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of questions for assessing the interdisciplinary aptitude as well as the knowledge in one’s own discipline for the qualifying examination.|
|School of Behavioural Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of questions in an interdisciplinary manner based on the syllabus of the qualifying examination.|
|School of Computer Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of two parts: Part I: questions from Computer Science Part II: questions to assess logical reasoning and numeral ability.|
|School of Tourism and Travel Management||Entrance Test will carry objective type questions for 80 marks, i.e., English Language (30 marks), General Knowledge and Current affairs (30 marks), and Travel Geography (20 marks) and a descriptive general short essay question carrying 20 marks.|
|School of Indian Legal Thought||Law- Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Jurisprudence, Fundamentals of Civil & Criminal Law, General Principles of Interpretation and Current Legal Developments.|
|School of Pedagogical Sciences||General papers of B Ed programme of Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).|
|Dr. KN Raj Study Centre for Planning & Centre-State Financial Relations||Syllabus of B.A. Economics programme of Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).|
MGU CAT 2020 Result
MGU CAT 2020 result wil be declared on the official website and result dates will be announced soon. Candidates must preserve the hard copies of their result. Candidates can check result on the official website by following the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of MGU
- Click on “MGU CAT 2020 result” link
- Provide the credentials like roll number, application number and date of birth in the given space
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the result and take print out.
MGU CAT 2020 Counselling Process
Counselling process will begin in the Last week of June tentatively. The shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling round. The allotment of seats will be based on the availability of seats, options exercised and rank obtained. During the process of counselling, candidates have to select the preferences of specialization.
Documents required on the day of counselling:
- Matriculation certificate for date of birth
- Transfer Certificate
- Marks sheet of (Institution last attended)
- Provisional certificate (Institution last attended)
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- BPL Certificate (if applicable)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College