MGU CAT 2018
MGU CAT (Mahatma Gandhi University Common Admission Test) is a university level entrance exam conducted by Mahatma Gandhi University. It is conducted every year once for candidates seeking admission in various postgraduate programs in MGU. Interested candidates can fill the online application form through official website of MGU.
- MGU CAT 2018 Application Form is available from March 03, 2018.
- Last date to apply for MGU CAT 2018 is March 31, 2018, after which no form will be submitted. Application process includes the registration and payment of application form.
- Candidates have to make payment of INR 500. Reserved category candidates have to make payment of INR 250.
- Without the payment of application fee MGU CAT 2018 will not be submitted.
- Candidates must check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for different subjects are different.
- Candidates can download MGU CAT 2018 admit card from the official website after April 25, 2018.
- Candidates will get all the information regarding exam center on the admit card.
- MGU CAT 2018 Result will be declared online on the official website on May 28, 2018.
The shortlisted candidates are called for counselling process from June 05, 2018 to June 07, 2018.
MGU CAT 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||MGU CAT (Mahatma Gandhi University Common Admission Test)|
|Conducting Body||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Courses offered||MA Malayalam, MA English, LLM, Master of Tourism Management|
MGU CAT 2018 Dates
MGU CAT 2018 Application form starts from the 3rd week of March 2018. Candidates can fill the application form till 2nd week of May 2018. Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website after 3rd week of May, 2018. Candidates result will be declared in the 2ndweek of June 2018.
Given below are the important date for MGU CAT 2018 candidates can check:
|Application form begins from||March 03, 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||March 31, 2018|
|Confirmation of application form||April 03, 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||April 25, 2018|
|Exam date||May 05, 2018 & May 06, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||May 28, 2018|
|Publication of provisional rank list||May 28, 2018|
|Counselling process begins from||June 05, 2018|
MGU CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates must check the eligibility criteria according to their subject application. If candidates are not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria his/her form can be disqualified at any stage. Given below is the eligibility criteria for different subject in tabulated form:
|M.Sc Biotechnology, M.Sc Microbiology, M.Sc Biochemistry, M.Sc Biophysics||Qualifying Exam: Applicants have to pass in B. Sc degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Botany, Zoology, Micro-biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Physics|
Minimum Marks: Applicant must obtain the 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
|M.Sc Physics||Qualifying Exam: Must hold the B.Sc degree in physics.|
Minimum Marks: Must score minimum 50% marks.
|M.Sc Environment Science & Disaster Management||Qualifying Exam: B.Sc degree in any subject.|
Minimum Marks: Applicant must pass with minimum 50% marks.
|M.Sc Psychology||Qualifying Exam: Applicants pass BA/B.Sc in Psychology.|
Minimum Marks: with not less than 50% marks
|M.Sc Computer Science||Qualifying Exam: Must hold B.Sc degree in Computer Science/Computer Applications/BCA.|
Minimum Marks: Minimum marks are 50% marks.
|LL.M||Qualifying Exam: LL.B degree required.|
Minimum Marks: Must obtain at least 50% marks.
|M.Ed in Social Science Education, Commerce Education, IT Education, Language Education, Mathematics Education||Qualifying Exam: Applicant must pass in B.Ed.|
Minimum Marks: Applicant has to secure minimum of about 55% marks.
|M.A. Economics||Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics or statistics.|
Minimum Marks: Passed with minimum 45% marks or equivalent degree from MGU approved institutions.
|MA Politics & Human Rights, MA Politics (Public Policy & Governance) – UGC , MA Politics & International Relations, Sponsored Programme||Qualifying Exam: Those applicants can apply who have Bachelor’s degree in History / Law / Economics / Politics with 45% mark or|
Degree in Commerce/ English/Sociology / Anthropology /Psychology/Philosophy/ Geography with 50% marks or
Minimum Marks: Graduates with Science stream not less than 60% marks.
|MA English||Qualifying Exam: Applicants should passed the bachelor’s degree|
Minimum Marks: Applicants have to secure 45% marks.
Or passed bachelor’s degree in arts/science with minimum 50% marks.
|M.A. Development Studies, M.A. Gandhian Studies||Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree in any subject is necessary.|
Minimum Marks: Must qualify the qualifying exam with 45% marks.
MGU CAT 2018 Application Form
MGU CAT 2018 Application process begins from March 03, 2018. Candidates can fill the application form online from the official website of MGU. Candidates are advised not to wait for last date and should fill the application form before March 31, 2018. Application form will not be submitted without the successful fee payment. Application process includes registration, filling of details and application fee payment.
Given below are the steps to fill MGU CAT 2018 Application form:
Step: 1 Registration
- Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website i.e. cat.mgu.ac.in
- Click on the link ‘MGU CAT Application Form’
- Fill the registration form to get Application Number.
- Candidates have to fill the information like Candidates Name, Date of birth and Email ID, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- After the successful submission of registration form candidate will get an application number.
Step: 2 Filling details in Application Form
After successful payment of fee, candidates have to fill the following details:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Step: 3 Fee Payment
- Candidates can make payment through the official website
- Login to the candidates portal with the help of application number
- Candidates can make payment via
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Posting Application Form
- Applicants of M.Ed programmes should send the hard copy of the application form to the address given below:
School of Pedagogical Sciences,
Mahatma Gandhi University,
- Candidates have to post the print of Application form to the address given below:
School of Distance Education,
Mahatma Gandhi University,
MGU CAT 2018 Application Fee Payment
After MGU CAT 2018 registration process and filling of application form candidates have to make payment of Application fee. The last date to make payment is April 03, 2018. Candidates can make payment through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking as per their convenience. Candidates have to make payment of INR 500. Relaxation will be given to candidates of reserved category. Reserved category candidates have to make payment of INR 250.
|General Category||INR 500|
|Reserved Category||INR 250|
MGU CAT 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website after April 25, 2018. Admit card is an important document carrying information of candidates and exam. It acts as an identity proof and a gateway to examination hall. No candidate is allowed inside the examination hall without the Admit Card. Candidates must preserve their Admit card even after the exam, for further process.
Given below are the steps to download MGU CAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website.
- Click on the link ‘Admit Card’
- Provide the required information like registration number, name and date of birth, etc.
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
MGU CAT 2018 Exam Center
Preferences for exam center can be given in MGU CAT 2018 Application Form. Admit will contain all the information regarding Exam center. Once the exam center is allotted it cannot be changed. Candidates can give their preference from the options given below.
MGU CAT 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
MGU CAT 2018 Exam Pattern will be issued by Mahatma Gandhi University for students who are willing to apply for post graduation in the Statutory Teaching Departments and Inter School Centers.
- The paper is conducted in the offiline mode
- MGU CAT 2018 will be of 90 minutes.
- The type of question paper is objective type, candidates have to attempt one correct answer from the four given options.
- The question paper will be of subjective type for the following subjects. Candidates have to write descriptive answers in the following subject.
- MA Malayalam
- MA English
- Master of Tourism Management
- Total marks is 200 and the medium of the paper is English only.
MGU CAT 2018 Syllabus
Candidates should go through MGU CAT syllabus once for getting a fair idea of question paper. Having an ample knowledge of syllabus is necessary to score well in exam.
Given below is the syllabus for MGU CAT 2018 for different subject candidates can check.
|School of Chemical Sciences||BSc Chemistry syllabus of MGU.|
|School of Biosciences||MGU syllabus of Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Bio-technology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry and Physics at B Sc level.|
|School of Environmental Sciences||Basic sciences at degree level, general aptitude and general awareness on Environmental Sciences.|
|School of Letters||Entrance Test will consist of questions to assess the aptitude for literary/theatrical studies. The question paper will contain essay type questions, short answer questions and objective type questions.|
|School of International Relations and Politics||Current affairs.|
|School of Gandhian Thought and Developmental Studies||Entrance Test will consist of questions from related subjects.|
|School of Social Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of questions for assessing the interdisciplinary aptitude as well as the knowledge in one’s own discipline for the qualifying examination.|
|School of Behavioural Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of questions in an interdisciplinary manner based on the syllabus of the qualifying examination.|
|School of Computer Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of two parts: Part I: questions from Computer Science Part II: questions to assess logical reasoning and numeral ability.|
|School of Tourism and Travel Management||Entrance Test will carry objective type questions for 80 marks, i.e., English Language (30 marks), General Knowledge and Current affairs (30 marks), and Travel Geography (20 marks) and a descriptive general short essay question carrying 20 marks.|
|School of Indian Legal Thought||Law- Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Jurisprudence, Fundamentals of Civil & Criminal Law, General Principles of Interpretation and Current Legal Developments.|
|School of Pedagogical Sciences||General papers of B Ed programme of Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).|
|Dr. KN Raj Study Centre for Planning & Centre-State Financial Relations||Syllabus of B.A. Economics programme of Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).|
MGU CAT 2018 Result
MGU CAT 2018 result has been declared on theMay 28, 2018. The shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling process. Candidates must preserve the hard copies of their result for future purposes. Candidates can check MGU CAT 2018 result on the official website by following the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of MGU
- Click on the link of Result
- Provide the credentials like roll number, application number and date of birth in the given space
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the result and take print out.
MGU CAT 2018 Counselling Process
Counselling process is began from June 05, 2018. Candidates who manages to clear MGU CAT 2018 will be called for counselling process. The allotment of seats will be based on the availability of seats, options exercised and rank obtained. During the process of counselling, candidates have to select the preferences of specialization.
Documents required on the day of counselling:
- Matriculation certificate for date of birth
- Transfer Certificate
- Marks sheet of (Institution last attended)
- Provisional certificate (Institution last attended)
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- BPL Certificate (if applicable)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College