MGU CAT 2021 Application Form has been released online on May 31, 2021 will be available till first week of June 29, 2021 on the official site. Final confirmation of submission of application forms will be allowed till June 30, 2021. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam. Check MGU CAT 2021 Eligibility
- May 31: MGU CAT 2021 online registration date has commenced.
- Feb 5: MGU has started several masters degree program to meet the requirement of skilled researchers.
The application process will be done in online mode. Candidates can apply up to 4 academic courses at once based on their eligibility. If any candidates were to submit more than one application, it will be cancelled as per the applicable rules.
- Admission will be provided to only one course out of the 4 selected courses.
- Individual rank lists will be published for different specialized programs within the cluster of four academic courses on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the exam.
- Admission will be allotted strictly on the basis of the option exercised, rank obtained by applicant, and eligibility reservation.
MGU CAT 2021 Application Form Dates
The entire schedule for MGU CAT 2021 is tabulated below:
|MGU CAT 2021 Application Form will be available from||May 31, 2021|
|Last date to fill the MGU CAT 2021 application form for UG||June 29, 2021|
|Last date to fill the MGU CAT 2021 application form for PG||June 29, 2021|
|MGU CAT 2021 Final Confirmation of Application||June 30, 2021|
|MGU CAT 2021 Admit Card will be issued on||To be notified|
|MGU CAT 2021 will be scheduled for||To be notified|
MGU CAT 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for applying for MGU CAT 2021 is that candidates must possess a degree. The following table gives details on course wise eligibility:
|1||M Sc in Biochemistry||BSc degree in Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, or Physics with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|2||M Sc in Biotechnology|
|3||M Sc in Biophysics|
|4||M Sc in Microbiology|
|5||M Sc in Chemistry (Inorganic Chemistry)||B Sc in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as Subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|6||M Sc in Chemistry (Organic Chemistry)|
|7||M Sc in Chemistry (Physical Chemistry)|
|8||M Sc in Chemistry (Polymer Chemistry)|
|9||M Sc in Computer Science||B Sc in Computer Science/ Computer Application/ B Sc IT/BCA/ B Sc with Computer Science as one of the main subject with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|10||M Sc in Psychology||Pass in any graduate programme with not less than 50% marks.|
|11||M Sc in Physics||B Sc in Physics with Mathematics as one of the subsidiaries with not less than 50% marks in Part III.|
|12||M Sc in Environment Science & Management||B Sc degree in any of the following optionals; Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Geography, Life Science, Environment Science, Environment Management, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Plant or Animal Science, Agriculture, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B Tech in Civil/ Mechanical/ Chemical/ Environmental or equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in Part III|
|13||M Sc in Environment Science and Disaster Management||B Sc degree in any subject with not less than 50% marks in Part III.|
|14||M A Politics and International Relations||BA in Economics/ Politics/ History/ Law with not less than 45% marks for Part III or B A in English/ Sociology/ Anthropology/ Psychology/ Geogra- phy/ Philosophy/ Commerce with 50% in Part III or B Sc in any branch with not less than 60% marks in Part III.|
|15||M A Politics and Human Rights|
|16||M A Politics( Public Policy and Governance):|
|17||M A Economics||Bachelors degree in Economics Mathematics/Statistics under 10+2+3 pattern of education with atleast 45% marks in Core and Complementary subjects or equivalent degree from an institution approved by Mahatma Gandhi University.|
|18||M A in Malayalam||Bachelor’s degree in Malayalam with not less than 45% marks (or CGPA of 1.8) in Part III or degree in Arts/Sci- ence with a minimum of 50% marks in Part II Malayalam|
|19||M A in English||Bachelor’s degree in English with not less than 45% marks in Part III or degree in Arts/Science with a minimum of 50% marks in Part I English.|
|20||M A in Gandhian Studies||Pass in any graduate programme with 45% marks in Part III.|
|21||M A in Development Studies|
|22||M A History||Bachelor’s degree in the faculty of Social Sciences with not less than 45% marks in Part III.|
|24||Master of Tourism and Travel Management||Bachelor’s degree (including professional degrees) with not less than 50% marks in any discipline of this University or any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University.|
|25||Master of Education (M Ed) Programme with Specialization in Language Education (English, Hindi, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Arabic), Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Commerce, Computer Education||B Ed with not less than 55% marks|
|26||Master of Law (LLM) one year programme||Pass in LLB or equivalent examination approved by MG University with 50% marks|
How to Fill MGU CAT 2021 Application Form?
Only a single online application will be considered valid while applying for MGU CAT exam. Candidates will be required to select 4 various academic programs in the different teaching departments at the time of registration.
Here is step by step process to apply online for Indian national:
- Visit the official website www.cat.mgu.ac.in
- Click “Apply Online” on the top of homepage
- Register using personal details and set a password with a combination of alphabets, special characters, and numbers.
- An application number will be generated after successful registration.
- The application number and password can be used to login on to the website.
Fill Personal Detail:
- Fill the online application form with required personal information such as name, date of birth, gender etc.
- SC/ST candidates should select their category from the drop-down menu and process the concession fees accordingly.
- For Qualification details, two sections will appear on the screen. One section for M Sc., MA., LLM, and MTTM programs and other for M.Ed. programs. candidates should enter details for only one section unless they want to apply for both programs.
- Select 4 choice of Academic programs on the basis of preference.
- Next, select the Test Centers. Maximum of 3 centres should be selected on the basis of preference.
- A scanned copy of recent colour passport-sized photograph should be uploaded.
- The photograph should not exceed 30kb size in JPG/JPEG format
- To process the application form, payment of application fee is a crucial step. The application will not be processed until the fee is paid.
- Application Fee for General category will be INR 1000 and for SC/ST will be INR 500 respectively.
- Process your Application fee payment using credit/debit/cash card whichever will be available at the applicant’s convenience.
- Application Fees paid by any other means will not be accepted and the application will not be processed.
- After successful payment of fees, click “Final Submit” button to complete the application process.
Take the print out of the application form for further reference. M.Ed. program candidates should send the hard copy of their application form with degree certificates, proof of weightage points and mark sheets to MGU. Candidates should mention the Exam name on the outer envelope. The documents along with form should be sent on the address given below:
School of Pedagogical Sciences
Mahatma Gandhi University
Contact number: 0481 6555562
For Foreign Nationals with Student Visa
Online Registration is not for candidates with foreign nationality. The general eligibility criterion is that they should possess a student visa. Foreign candidates should download the application form from the official website, fill it and send an advance copy of the application along with the documents and proof of fee remittance. The documents should be sent to the address below:
Mahatma Gandhi University,
Kottayam- 686 560,
The documents that should be attached are:
- An Advance Copy of the Application Form
- Proof of fee remittance
- Copy of Passport
- Two copies of recent colour passport-sized photographs
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of mark lists
- Conduct certificate from the Head of the former Institute
- Reference Letters from two persons with intimate knowledge of candidates’ academic capabilities.
Details in MGU CAT 2021 Application Form
candidates are required to fill in their personal and academic details in the online application form. The details that are required are given below:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Name of the Applicant||Enter name as on marksheet|
|Gender||Choose gender from the drop-down list|
|Category||Choose your category from the drop-down list|
|Name of the Qualifying Degree of the applicant||Enter your qualification Degree Title and details|
|Name of the University||Fill the University you completed your degree.|
|Scheme of Study||Mention the Academic scheme|
|Registration no. and year of passing||Fill in as on the Degree mark list|
|Number of attempts taken for passing the qualifying examination||candidates should enter the number of attempts|
|Programs||Select up to four options from the drop-down menu|
|Fee Remittance||Agree on the terms and conditions to proceed|
MGU CAT 2021 Application Form Correction
After closing of online application, candidates who have successfully completed the online registration process should login and check for errors. The correction portal will be open for limited time only.
Details that can be modified during the form correction process are:
- Name of the Candidate
- Program Options
- Test Centers
- Correspondence address
Candidates can edit and correct all the details. But the filled in details should correspond to the original documents if applicable. If at any point of application the details are found false, it will lead to cancellation of the candidature and admission.
Hence, candidates are required to correct all the valid details during correction.
Ques: I am a foreign national with the student visa. Can I apply?
Ans. Yes. If you fulfill the academic eligibility. You can download the application form and send it to the University address.
Ques: I have cleared my Degree examination in two attempts. Am I eligible?
Ans. Yes. candidates can mention the number of attempts in the section provided while filling the online application form.
Ques: I want to apply for two programs in MGU. Should I apply twice?
Ans. No. You only have to register once and select up to four programs you wish to pursue given that you fulfill the program’s eligibility.
Ques: I have filled in my application form where do I send it?
Ans. You can send the application form along with required documents and fee remittance proof to the address below:
School of Pedagogical Sciences
Mahatma Gandhi University
Contact number: 0481 6555562
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.