Table of Contents
PULEET 2020 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility & Pattern
Panjab University conducts PULEET for admission to lateral/direct entry to the second year of various engineering courses offered by Panjab University. Panjab University offers lateral entry mainly in 4 disciplines of engineering programs.
- Candidate should have a 3-year diploma degree after matriculation is eligible to appear for the exam.
- All the applicants should have attained a minimum age of 17 years for admission through lateral entry in different engineering courses. Check PULEET Eligibility
- Application Process for the exam is completely online. Candidates can fill PULEET Application Form and submit the fee directly at SBI branches.
- PULEET 2020 will be held on the university campus of PanjabUniversity only.
- Question paper comprises 75 questions and for each correct answer, candidates are awarded 1 mark.
- Duration of 1 hour 30 minutes are provided to complete the test and negative marking of ¼ marks will be done for every wrong answer. Check PULEET Exam Pattern
- Results will be declared in a PDF format on the official website of PU including names of all the appearing candidates.
Counselling procedure is followed by the announcement of results which is held in the last week of June. Candidates are to report to the allotted venue in the given time by the university.
PULEET 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check below some of the major highlights pertaining to PULEET 2020.
|Date of PULEET 2020||3rd week of July 2020|
|Mode of PULEET 2020||Offline|
|Duration of PULEET 2020||90 Minutes|
|Eligibility||Candidate must hold a diploma degree|
|Courses offered||MA, PG Diploma, M.com, MBA, B.Sc|
|Number of Seats||44 (Under LEET) 34(Under PULEET)|
PULEET 2020 Exam Dates
PanjabUniversity will soon announce the important dates for PULEET 2020.
|Date of release of prospectus and Online form||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date of submission of Information for registration||4th week of June 2020|
|Last date for Depositing Fee||4th week of June 2020|
|Last date for uploading photograph and Signature||1st week of July 2020|
|Availability of Roll. Number||2nd week of July 2020|
|Entrance Exam Date||3rd week of July 2020|
|Availability of Answer Key||3rd week of July 2020|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of July 2020|
PULEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants need to go through the detailed eligibility criteria specified by Panjab University in order to get admission through PULEET 2020. Candidature shall stand canceled at any stage if the candidate is found to flout the eligibility norms. The various eligibility criteria stated for admission through lateral entry:
- AGE LIMIT: The minimum age limit is 17 years of age to apply for the entrance exam. There is no upper limit for a candidate to give the exam.
- Number of Attempts/Residential Criteria: There is no bonding to a candidate’s residential criteria or number of attempts. However, there are a few reservation criteria’s for candidates residing in different regions.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: Candidates should have passed diploma in engineering for minimum 3 years after matriculation with physics and Mathematics from Polytechnic College/Institute recognized by UGC/AICTE or Affiliated to the state board to technical education.
- Candidates must have obtained 60% as an aggregate in their diploma course. 5% relaxation is for SC/ST/PWD category Students.
- Candidate must have passed diploma in engineering of minimum 2 year duration after 10+2 from Polytechnic College/Institute recognized by UGC/AICTE or Affiliated to the state board to technical education.
PULEET 2020 Application Form
The application form for PULEET 2020 will be available at the official website. No offline form can be obtained via post or in person from the University campus. Steps to fill PULEET Application Form is mentioned below:
- Log onto the official website of PanjabUniversity http://puleet.puchd.ac.in/
- Click on the ONLINE REGISTRATION link on the page.
- Enter your date of birth, Email ID and class 10th roll number.
- Enter your class 10th passing year from the drop down menu.
- Choose your course and click on the SUBMIT button for saving your details.
- Upload the following documents in the form-
- Candidates photograph 3.5x4.5
- Candidates Signature 2-9x20
- You need to provide the following information in the application form-
- Date and Registration Number
- Name of the Department
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of Father/Mother/Guardian
- Date of Birth
- Correspondence Details
- Summary of Educational Qualification
PULEET 2020 Application Fee
Application fee is to be paid through a Bank Slip in the name of the University. Candidates can submit the application fee by following the steps mentioned below:
- Download your Bank Slip after submitting the online application form
- After taking a print out, Submit the fee at any branch of State Bank of India.
- Finally check branch code, journal number and fee deposit date as provided by the bank.
- Make sure to check the application fee status from your registered ID.
PULEET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download their PULEET 2020 Admit card through the official website of Panjab University. Candidates will be communicated through email for this purpose. Ste
- Log onto the official website of Panjab University, i.e., http://puleet.puchd.ac.in/
- Click on the LOGIN button available in the left-hand corner of the page.
- Fill your login ID and Password provided while generating bank payment slip.
- Click on the admit card option after you login.
- Download PULEET 2020 Admit card and save it for future use.
Verify all the details on the admit card carefully. In case of any discrepancy in the information mentioned on the PULEET Admit Card, students will not get an entry in the examination hall. Some of the important details mentioned on the admit card are listed below for reference:
- Candidates Name
- Fathers Name
- Date of Birth
- Course and Subject
- Photograph of the Candidate
- Signature of Candidate
- Test center
- Hall Ticket Number
- Signature of the Controller of Examination
PULEET 2020 Exam Centers
- Test center for PULEET 2020 will be PanjabUniversity only.
- If the University decides to hold the entrance exam in any other center, the officials will announce the same at the time of online registration.
PULEET 2020 Exam Pattern
PULEET 2020 will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates can carefully go through the exam pattern to understand the scheme of examination and pattern of questions. The syllabus will be based on the curriculum of diploma programs.
- Entrance Test comprises a total of 75 questions objective type questions.
- Each question will be awarded 1 mark.
- Negative marking of ¼ marks is done for every answer attempted wrong or left un-attempted.
- Candidates will be provided with 1 hour 30 minutes to complete the test.
- Candidates will be asked to choose the correct option from 4 available choices in the paper.
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Question||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||75|
|Medium of Exam||English)|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
|Negative Marking||Applicable (of ¼ Marks)|
PULEET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can go through major topics of various diploma programs that would be part of PUCEET 2020 syllabus.
|General Engineering||Basic Electrical Engineering|
|Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering|
|Fundamental of Civil Engineering|
|Differential Calculus of Function of one Variable|
|Ordinary Differential Equations|
|Vector Deferential Calculus|
|Vector Integral Calculus|
|Environmental Studies||Ecology and Ecosystem|
|Biodiversity and its conservation|
PULEET 2020 Results
Panjab University will announce PULEET 2020 result at the official website. Steps to check PULEET 2020 Results are mentioned below:
- Log onto the official website of Panjab University, i.e., puleet.puchd.ac.in.
- Click on the RESULTS link provided in the left-hand corner of the page
- Click on PULEET 2020 Results
- Select your session and the course name.
- Results for PULEET 2020 will appear on the screen in a PDF format.
- Download and save it for future reference.
PULEET 2020 Counselling
PULEET 2020 involves 2 rounds of counselling for allocation of seats. Counselling is expected to be held from 3rd week of July. For counselling, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in entrance exam.
- Candidates are required to report for counselling cum seat allotment process on the stipulated date and time slot.
- The counselling process is organized in the order of ranks as mentioned in PULEET 2020 Merit List.
- Merit list will be published on the university website as well as in the premises of the university campus.
- Panjab university will prepare the merit list on the basis of candidates’ performance in PULEET 2020, no. of seats available and reservation of seats applicable as per rules and norms of the university.
- Here is the tentative counselling schedule for PULEET 2020.
|1ST ROUND COUNSELLING|
|General||1-50||July 25, 2020||9:00 am to 11:00 am|
|51-100||11:00 am to 12 noon|
|101-All||12 noon to 1:00 pm|
|Reserved||All Eligible Ranks||2:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
|2nd ROUND COUNSELLING|
|General||All Eligible Ranks||July 30, 2020||9:00 am to 11:00 am|
|Reserved||11:00 am to 12 noon|
|General*||2:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College