Centralised Admission for M.Tech/M. Arch (CAM) is an integrated admission procedure for admission to First Year of M.Tech/M. Arch technical degree programmes offered by Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Self – Financed / Unaided / Private Engineering Colleges. Candidates possessing B.E/B.Tech or B.Arch Degree can apply without GATE score.
- Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota is the organizing authority and the process is also popularly known as RTU CAM.
- Some engineering colleges of Rajasthan, however, are not covered under CAM such as BITS Pilani, MNIT Jaipur and other Deemed and Private Universities.
- The entire counselling and seat allotment process for RTU CAM is held online.
- In RTU CAM, seat allocation in M.Tech/M. Arch program is based on GATE score.
An applicant who has B.Tech / B.E. degree in the appropriate discipline with the required minimum marks need not have appeared for GATE. However, an applicant who is seeking admission to M.Tech / M.Arch programme and possesses an M.Sc / MCA degree must apply with a valid GATE Score.
RTU CAM is likely to comprise 5 rounds of counselling and seat allocation. Seats are allocated to registered applicants as per choices and ranking in the merit list. Selected applicants need to confirm admission by submitting requisite documents in original and depositing prescribed fee.
The admission procedure under CAM 2021 is segmented into 5 steps which are mentioned below for a reference of applicants:
- Step I: Online registration and fee payment,
- Step II: Filling of the application form,
- Step III: Uploading the documents, online choice filling and locking,
- Step IV: Seat allotment,
- Step V: Physical reporting and admission in the allotted institutes
Important Dates for RTU CAM 2021
Candidates can check below the tentative schedule for RTU CAM 2021 in the table below. The process is expected to comprise five rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
|Start of Registration for students||October 26, 2021|
|Last date for deposition of application cum registration fee (online)||November 18, 2021|
|Last date for filling online application cum registration form (including online |
|November 20, 2021|
|Declaration of tentative merit list of all candidates||November 21, 2021|
|Round 1st (Ex. Serviceman, PWD, KM candidates only)|
|Last date for calling objections in tentative merit list of 1st Round (Ex. Serviceman, |
PWD, KM candidates only)
|November 22, 2021|
|Declaration of final merit list of 1st round (Ex. Serviceman, PWD, KM candidates |
|November 23, 2021|
|Seat Allotment of 1st round (Ex. Serviceman, PWD, KM candidates only)||November 24, 2021|
|Last Date of reporting of 1st Round (Ex. Serviceman, PWD, KM candidates only)||November 27, 2021|
|Last Date for online submission of list of reported Candidates by Institutes for 1st |
Round (Ex. Serviceman, PWD, KM candidates only)
|November 28, 2021|
|Last date for calling objections in tentative merit list of 1st Round (Except Ex. |
Serviceman, PWD, KM candidates)
|November 30, 2021|
|Declaration of final merit of 1st Round||December 01, 2021|
|Seat Allotment||December 04, 2021|
|Last Date of reporting||December 9, 2021|
|Last Date for online submission of list of reported candidates by Institutes||December 10, 2021|
|Last Date of online acceptance letter for upward movement||December 12, 2021|
|Display the List of candidates applied for upward movement||December 14, 2021|
|Declaration of Allotment list of 2nd round (upward movement)||December 16, 2021|
|Last Date of reporting by candidates at allotted institute||December 21, 2021|
|Last Date for online submission of list of reported candidates by Institutes||December 22, 2021|
|Starting of registration for Spot Round||December 24, 2021|
|Last date for deposition of application cum registration fee||December 29, 2021|
|Last date for filling online application cum registration form||December 31, 2021|
|Declaration of tentative merit list of candidates for Spot Round||January 02, 2021|
|Last date for calling objections in tentative merit list of Spot Round||January 03, 2021|
|Declaration of final merit list of Spot Round||January 04, 2021|
|Seat Allotment for Spot Round||January 06, 2021|
|Last Date of reporting (For Spot Round Candidates)||January 11, 2021|
|Last Date for online submission of list of reported candidates by Institutes for Spot |
|January 12, 2021|
|Direct Admission (At institute level)|
|Start of Direct Admissions at Institute level||January 13, 2021|
|Last date of completion of Admission process at institute level||January 20, 2021|
|Last Date of online and offline submission of admitted candidate list by Institutes||January 22, 2021|
RTU CAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
RTU CAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria involves several factors such as academic qualification and physical & mental fitness. An applicant must read and understand eligibility criteria for various M.Tech. / M.Arch. Programmes offered by RTU and affiliated institutions.
- Academic Qualification for M.Tech / M.Arch Degree Programmes:
Admissions for the session 2021-21 will be based on valid and eligible GATE Score of the year 2017 / 2018 / 2021 preferably. Though, applicant who has B.E. / B.Tech Degree or equivalent can apply without GATE score.
An applicant who is appearing in the final year of qualifying examination in the academic session 2018 – 19 and possesses valid GATE Score Card can also apply for RTU CAM 2021.
Minimum qualification and qualifying marks required for admission to M.Tech. / M.Arch. Programme are mentioned below:
- B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in similar discipline applying for specialisation; obtained from Rajasthan Technical University or from any recognized University / Institution.
- Minimum 55% marks (6.25 CGPA on 10 points scale and equivalent) in the qualifying examination.
- 5% or 5.75 CGPA (on 10 points scale) of relaxation is provided to SC / ST applicants. If a conversion formula of converting CGPA into percentage is adopted by recognised university then it will be applicable only on producing the certificate of conversion released by the concerned University. In case not being able to produce certificate of conversion, conversion formula approved by AICTE will be applicable i.e. Equivalent CGPA = Percentage/10 + 0.75.
- B.Arch. degree with Minimum 50% marks or 5.75 CGPA (on 10 points scale)
- In case of SC / ST category, minimum 45% marks or 5.25 CGPA (on 10 points scale and equivalent)
- Degree / Academic Programme equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech conducted by MHRD / UGC / AIU / UPSC / AICTE e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India);
- M.Sc., MCA degree holders seeking admission to certain M.Tech. Programmes should have a valid and qualified GATE score in the relevant discipline.
- Age Limit:
No Age Limit is applicable
- Medical Fitness
Medical fitness certificate must be issued by Government Medical Officer and Medical Practitioner recognised by Govt of India
RTU CAM 2021 Fee
The registration fee for RTU CAM 2021 has to be paid online while submitting application form. Fee amount would differ on the basis of category of the applicants.
- Registration Fee amount is INR 3000/-
- For Reserved Category (SC / ST), fee is INR 1500/-
Applicant applying in the Fifth round, will be required to pay registration fee as mentioned above along with commitment fee of INR 10000/-.
Mode of Fee Payment
RTU CAM 2021 Registration fee is to be paid online through BILLDESK gateway facility with the help of of credit card / debit card / net banking / other online payment gateway charges, as applicable. In case of payment through BILLDESK, a candidate is advised to take note of the transaction ID and keep the receipt / transaction Id details safely for further use.
Registration fee is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-adjustable anywhere.
RTU CAM 2021 Application form
The application process for RTU CAM is completely online. Candidates are required to fill the RTU CAM 2021 Application Form on the official website, i.e., rtucam.org.
Step -1: Filling in Registration Form and Submitting CAM 2021 Registration Fee
- Registration is the first step to apply for RTU CAM 2021
- Visit RTU CAM 2021 official website: www.rtucam.org
- Check “For Applicant” Section
- Click on the link “Register for RTU CAM 2021”
- Fill all the requisite information to complete online registration
- Name of Candidate; Father’s Name; Date of Birth; Category (GEN / OBC / SC / ST) and Select Payment Mode
- Click on NEXT button
- A new webpage comes on screen showing registered details with Application Form No. (Note down Application No.) and Registration Fee Amount
- Click on Payment
- Complete payment process of registration fee as per guidance using Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card
- Note Challan Number
- Print it also
Registration completes with successful payment of the fee.
Step – 2: Filling in Application Form
- Fill Application Form No., Transaction ID (Challan No.) and Date of Birth
- Select date of Birth from Drop Down Menu
- Click on Next
- Fill all required information in the same manner of Registration Form
- Personal Details
- Address of Correspondence
- Educational Qualifications Details
- Gate Score Details
- Submit the duly filled form
Step – 3: Filling in Option Form and Upload Documents and Lock Choices
- There is no limit for choosing options; applicant can choose as many as options wants to select
- Choose category (Reservation / Income of Parents) etc.
- Select College/Institution with Branch of Discipline in the sequence of preference
- Upload Documents as required
- Self Photograph soft copy in jpg format (upto Max. Size 50kb)
- Scanned Image of Candidate’s Signature (upto Max. Size 50kb)
- GATE Score Card Scanned Image (upto Max. Size 300kb)
Note: Applicant is allowed to modify or re-order their choices / preferences, delete choices made earlier and selection of new choices any number of times before locking final choices. If choices are not locked by applicant before the last date of locking the choices, choices will automatically be locked after the last date
RTU CAM 2021 Seat Allocation Process
The seat allocation process for RTU CAM is expected to start form July 10, 2021 onwards. The entire process is conducted online based on order of merit, availability of seats and the preferences given by the applicants. Result of the seat allotment process will be also announced online on the official website of RTU CAM 2021 i.e. www.rtucam.org
There will be tentatively 5 rounds of seat allotment for admitting candidates into various M. Tech. / M.Arch. programs. Details for each round of seat allotment is provided below:
- In this round, seats will be allotted to all registered applicants on the basis of their choices and merit list criteria.
- Applicants who get seat in first round need to report individually at the allotted institute for document verification and deposit the prescribed fee amount post verification. If applicant is satisfied with the seat allocation only then fee and other documents should be submitted.
- An applicant who wishes to apply for upward movement, need not to report individually at the allotted institute.
- In case an applicant has neither reported to the allotted institute as per the schedule nor applied for upward movement (second round), his/her allotment will be cancelled. However, He/she may register again as a new applicant in the third round with payment of registration fees.
- Applicant may choose to surrender the allocated seat by selecting the appropriate option on the official website.
- In case of not being able to produce valid GATE score and/or fulfil eligibility criteria, applicant’s allotment and candidature will be cancelled.
- If a candidate has not been allotted any seat due to exhaustion of choices, he/she will be considered automatically for second round of upward movement.
- Second round is known as Upward Movement Round. Applicants who have selected option for this round against the seat allotted in the first round, will get chance to get seat in case of availability as per the preferences of the applicant.
- If applicant gets the seat of higher preference in Upward Movement then pre-allotted seat will be cancelled. However, in case of not getting seat of higher preference in this round, applicant’s existing seat will remain the same.
- In case applicant could not report to the institution / college on stipulated time, seat allotment will be cancelled. Such applicants will have register again as a new applicant for participating in further seat allocation process in third round and pay the registration fee again.
- If a candidate has not been allotted any seat in the second round, then they may be considered for the third round where he/she can modify and relock their choices without payment of registration fees.
- In this round, candidates will have the opportunity to register once more. Details of available seats will be displayed on the official website of CAM.
- Registration fees for new applicants will be the same as that of the first round i.e. INR 3000/- and INR 1500/- for SC / ST applicants.
- Already registered applicants who have not been allotted any seat in first and second round due to non-availability of choices are permitted to revise their choices and relock it on or before the last date without payment of registration fee.
- Candidates who gave already confirmed the allotted seat will not be allowed to participate in third and subsequent rounds.
- If a candidate has not been allotted any seat due to exhaust of choices, he/she will be considered automatically for fourth round of upward movement.
- Fourth round is also known as Upward Movement Round. Applicants who have opted for this round against the seat allotted in the third round, will get chance to secure a seat in case of availability as per the preferences of the applicant.
- Similar to the second round, pre-allotted seat will be cancelled if the candidate is allotted the preferred seat. In case of not getting seat of higher preference in this round, applicant’s existing seal will remain the same.
- If an applicant has not been allotted any seat in the third round, then he/she may be considered for the fourth round where modification and relocking the choices can be performed without payment of registration fees.
Fifth round as a Special Round:
- This round is known as Special Round which is helpful only in case when the seats are vacant and available for admission.
- The seat matrix will be displayed on website against the vacant seats.
- Any interested candidate may register for this round by paying INR 3000/- and INR 1500/- for SC/ST as registration fee. Besides this INR 10,000/- as a commitment fee will have to be paid at the time of registration fee.
- Applicant who gets seat in this round need to visit the allotted college / institution on stipulated time along with all the required documents. Commitment Fee INR 10000/- will be adjusted against college fee.
- The application and commitment fee will not be refunded in case applicant does not report to the allotted institute.
Document Required for Reporting
At the time of reporting to allotted college a candidate is instructed to produce all the required documents in prescribed formats. List of documents required for RTU CAM 2021 is mentioned below:
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Application form
- Colour photograph,
- Class 10th Mark Sheet / Board Certificate as proof of date of birth,
- Mark Sheet of Class 12th (for Subjects),
- Final Mark Sheet of qualifying degree
- Qualified and valid GATE scorecard
- Certificate of category (OBC / SC / ST)
- Certificate for Person with Disability (PWD) as per the prescribed format
- Certificate for Ex-servicemen, if the applicant belongs to.
- Domicile certificate,
- Conversion certificate for converting CGPA to percentage from the recognized university in which you have passed your UG degree,
- Migration certificate,
- Kashmiri Migrant category proof certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.