RUET Exam is conducted by Rama University at its all the 3 campuses (Rama University Kanpur, Rama Dental College Kanpur and Rama Medical College Hapur) for admission to UG, PG and Research . RUET 2021 is expected to be conducted in the second week of April 2021 for UG program, in the first week of June for PG and June 2021 for PhD Programmes in offline mode.
- The exam will consist of 120 objective type multiple choice questions of equal weightage.
- Duration of RUET for UG and PG test will be 2 hours and 3 hours for Ph.D. Programmes.
- Negative Marking Scheme is not applicable. Check RUET Marking Scheme
- There are 3 sections in the paper General English, General Knowledge & Numerical Ability and Subject Ability.
- RUET syllabus for UG and PG programmes is based on class 10th and class11th & 12th. Check RUET Syllabus
RUET 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
The question paper will be in 3 parts. First 2 parts are common for all applicants and 1 part is related to the applied study programmes. Sections are named as - a) General English b) General Knowledge and Numerical Ability c) Subject Ability.
Exam pattern table is being given below herewith for ready reference:
|RUET 2021 Exam Mode||Offline Pen & Paper Based|
|Number of papers in RUET 2021||1 Paper|
|Number of sections||3 Sections|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type, Multiple Choice|
|RUET 2021 Total Marks||120 Marks|
|RUET 2021 Exam duration||2 Hours (UG & PG) |
3 Hours (PhD)
|RUET 2021 Exam language||English|
RUET 2021 Exam Pattern in Detail
RUET 2021 Exam pattern is conducted to test Basic Knowledge of Selected Subject, General Knowledge and Numerical Ability and General English Language. Weightage is given section-wise.
Total marks of RUET will be 120 Marks divided among the 3 sections. RUET will be Pen Paper-based test and answers are to be mentioned on the OMR Sheet. RUET conducting date will be different for UG and PG & PhD study programmes.
RUET 2021 Marking Scheme
RUET 2021 test paper will have 3 sections. No. of questions are the same in first 2 sections A & B and in C section there are more questions than that of Section A & B and subsequently weightage given to the sections are also different.
Each question will carry 1 mark for a correct answer. There is no Negative Marking Scheme.
|Sections||Name of Section||No. of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|A||General English Language||20||20|
|B||General Knowledge and Numerical Ability||20||20|
RUET 2021 Syllabus
RUET 2021 exam syllabus for UG study programmes is based on UP Secondary Board Syllabus (upto Class 10th) and Higher Senior Secondary & Senior Secondary Syllabus (Class11th & 12th) standard. RUET 2021 exam is for qualifying admission to various programmes. Considering different backgrounds of applicants, Exam syllabus contents are separate for every Group.
General English Language and Knowledge & Numerical Ability tests will be common for all applicants and Subject Ability will be according to the study programmes applied by the applicants for admission.
RUET 2021 exam syllabus standard for PG study programmes will be based on the syllabus of Class 12th and Graduation related to programme applied by the applicant.
|Sections||Exam Subjects / Topics||Standard of Syllabus & Contents Derived Class-wise Board Syllabus)|
|A||General English||Class 10+2 Standard and as per the Syllabus of UP Board of Secondary Education|
|B||General Knowledge & Numerical Ability||-|
|C||Subject Ability||UG Programme - 10+2 Standard and as per Syllabus of UP Board of Secondary Education PG Programme – Graduation Standard|
Contents of Syllabus:
|Exam Subjects / Topics||Description of Contents|
|General English|| |
Meaning / Synonym / Antonym
Fill in the Blanks
|General Knowledge & Numerical Ability|| |
Day to day National & International Events
Science & Economics
|Subject Ability||Subject topics depends upon the study programme applied for the admission as is already described in above mentioned table|
RUET 2021 Exam Day Important Instructions
Instruction for Answer Sheet
- Applicant will open the sealed answer sheet after Invigilator instructs to open the sealed answer sheet.
- Answer sheet (OMR sheet) has space to write upon applicants details. Applicants first fulfil the particulars and should darken the circles on answer sheet.
- Applicant must use Blue or Black Ball Pen only in the RUET exam.
- As the OMR Answer Sheet is provided, applicant should fill required information first carefully reading all the mentioned instruction for the same.
- RUET exam starts exactly at the specified time and this will also be announced by the invigilator.
- Duration of RUET will be of 2 hours
- All questions will have equal weightage.
- Question paper is of objective type in which 4 options will be provided and multiple choice select answer method will be there in question paper. It means correct answer of any question may be more than 1 option.
- There may be 1 or more correct response for each question out of four responses given.
- Invigilator will assess and verify applicant’s identity at the time of exam and will sign on answer sheet after being satisfied. Applicant should produce admit card and identity proof on demand any time during exam.
- Applicant shall bring own stationary required for examination. These will not be supplied by the RAMA UNIVERSITY / examination center.
- The answer sheet contains an attached carbon copy. Applicants should carefully mark on the answer sheet so that impression on carbon copy appears correctly. This carbon copy is for applicants to keep it with question booklet to take home after RUET exam for the reference purpose.
- Making any other mark and writing any rough calculations on OMR answer sheet is not allowed and this is also mentioned on OMR answer sheet. At the of checking answers, it may be rejected
- OMR answer sheet should not be folded, keep it in the same shape as it is given.
- Make it sure that the OMR Answer Sheet circles are not darkened lightly or faintly and may be rejected by the Optical Scanner while checking answers on OMR Answer Sheet. So, follow the instructions to darken the circle as it should be darkened properly.
- Applicant is advised to check that the Test-booklet contains 120 questions in sequence and should also match & verify the serial number and series of the Test Booklet with the serial number and series of OMR answer sheet. In case of any discrepancy, applicant should bring it to the notice of invigilator. In such a case Test Booklet and OMR answer sheet will be replaced with a new set of Test Booklet and OMR answer sheet of the similar series.
- Applicants will have to sign on the Attendance Sheet as well as on OMR answer sheet.
- Applicant also will have to make left hand thumb impression at the appropriate place in Attendance Sheet.
- Applicants must be abided by all Rules and Regulations of the Rama University with regard to their conduct in the Examination Hall. Breaching the rules will be treated as offensive conduct.
Important Instructions regarding RUET 2021 Exam
- Entrance in RUET 2021 examination hall will be allowed 30 minutes before the commencement time of the exam. Candidates should take their seats on time as per the instructions for sitting arrangement. If applicant gets delayed, he may be disallowed to enter and to take the exam.
- Valid Admit Card for RUET 2021 examination should be produce as per the instructions of invigilator and on demand of authorities of examination center. Without admit card applicant would not be permitted to take exam.
- Applicants are allowed to bring with them a cardboard or a clip board for the purpose of supporting to answer sheet. Cardboard or clip board can be examined by competent authority of RUET Exam to ensure that nothing is written on it. If anything suspicious found, applicants may have to face unfavourable situations.
- Use of mobile phone, electronic gadgets, musical audio video devices, blank or written paper, Calculator, textual material, books, documents, slide rules, log tables, and electronic watches, and bits of papers, other than RUET 2021 Admit Card, applicant’s identity proof, are not permitted inside the examination hall. If any applicant is found to have of any of the above restricted mentioned items, he will be treated as per the rules and regulations enacted for using unfair means and as per the consequences guilty applicant shall be suspended from the RUET exam and such a case may handed over to police administration and applicant may also debarred from competition exam permanently.
- No applicant will be permitted to enter in RUET examination center after 30 minutes of the commencement of the examination, under any circumstances.
- Every seat in all rooms of exam center indicates roll numbers of applicants and sitting arrangement planning list is also pasted at the entrance of the exam center and outside of every room to facilitate the applicant to easily find out his sitting place. In case of any confusion, applicant may confirm his seat with staff and invigilator at exam center. Taking any seat may create problem for applicant as this is a serious issue.
- Test Booklet with an Answer Sheet will be provided to applicant approx Ten minutes before the starting of RUET 2021 exam. This is a sealed booklet. Don’t open this before the permission of the invigilator.
- Candidate should write required information on cover page of booklet as mentioned on Test Booklet as the instructions written on it.
- Leaving examination hall without the permission of invigilator at any time is deemed to be misconduct and candidature of the applicant may be rejected.
- Applicant is advised not to carry any valuable or precious belongings or cash as it will not be permitted to take in the examination hall and no one else will be responsible for security of any belonging.
- Only water can be taken as per the instruction so that no one else should be disturbed. Taking or Drinking tea, coffee, cold drinks and snacks is not allowed during RUET 2021 exam.
- Smoking and eating is not allowed in the RUET 2021 examination hall in any case.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.