Table of Contents
SAAT 2020 Application Form (Released), Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, and Pattern
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT) is a national level exam conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) University for admission into various undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) course. SAAT 2020 will be conducted in both online and offline mode.
Latest: SAAT 2020 Application Form has been released on the official website – Apply Here
- Before proceeding towards SAAT registration, candidates should make sure that they fulfil the basic eligibility criteria of the exam.
- The exam is to be conducted in online mode at 62 centres across more than 40 cities.Check SAAT Exam Center
- A total of 60 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) will be asked and a number of sections in the question paper will vary with subject. Check SAAT Exam Pattern
- Questions will be asked only in the English language.
- Candidates will secure 4 marks for each correct answer and lose 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
SAAT 2020 Highlights
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Sections||varies across different subjects|
|Courses Offered||7 UG courses, 7 PG courses and a five-year integrated course|
SAAT 2020 Exam Dates
Schedule for SAAT 2020 is given below. The official release of dates will be released soon at the official website.
|Commencement of Application Submission||January 1, 2019 (Released)|
|Last Date of Application Submission||March 31, 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 4, 2020|
|Date of Examination||April 10, 2020 – May 3, 2020|
|Declaration of Result||May 4, 2020|
SAAT 2020 Eligibility
Prior to the commencement of the online application process, it is necessary to check the eligibility criteria, which is different for each course. Eligibility criteria are primarily the minimum academic threshold set by participating universities for candidates to be able to appear for SAAT 2020 and subsequently gain admission into the desired course. Following are the eligibility criteria for every course-
|B.Tech||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects, as well as one subject out of Chemistry / Computer Science / Information Technology /Biotechnology / Biology / Informatics / Statistics or any other subject as approved by AICTE|
|B.Pharm||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) 10+2 or equivalent examination, with individually clearing English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology|
|BHMCT||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) 10+2 examination in any stream, securing a minimum of 45% marks (40% for Schedule Caste (SC)/Schedule Tribe (ST)/OBC categories)|
|B.Sc. in Agriculture||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) 10+2 examination, with either of the following subject combinations PCM/PCB/PCMB, securing a minimum of 50% aggregate marks for under general and OBC categories, and 40% aggregate marks for SC/ST/Physically Handicap (PH) categories. Candidate’s age must be between 17 and 23 years as on December 31, 2020|
|B.Sc. in Nursing (Basic)||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) 10+2 examination, with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% for SC/ST/OBC categories). Candidate must be at least 17 years old as on December 31, 2020|
|P.B.B.Sc Nursing||Candidate must have cleared GNM examination and registered with concerned State Nursing Council|
|Five-Year Integrated B.A. LLB. (Hons) and B.B.A. LLB. (Hons)||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) 10+2 or equivalent examination in any discipline, securing a minimum of with 45% (40% for SC/ST categories). Candidate’s age should be less than 20 years as on August 1, 2020 (22 years for SC/ST categories)|
|BBA||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) 10+2 or equivalent examination in any discipline|
|M.Tech||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) B.E./B.Tech/AMIE/MCA/M.Sc. or equivalent course in the stream/discipline for which SAAT 2020 is being given|
|MCA||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) a three-year bachelor degree in any stream, from any recognized University, securing a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC categories). Candidate must have studied Mathematics either at 10+2 or +3 level (Business Mathematics will not be considered)|
|MBA/MHA/MHM/MTTM||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) a three-year bachelor degree in Science, Commerce, Arts, B.E, B.Tech, MBBS, B.Pharm, B.Sc.Agri, BVSC, BHMS, BAMS, BDS, BPT, BHMCT, BBA, BCA or equivalent examination, from any recognized University, securing a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ ST/OBC categories)|
|M.Pharm||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) B.Pharm examination, from any recognized University, securing a minimum of 50%. However, GPAT-qualified candidates are not required to give SAAT 2020, but will have to submit application form|
|M.Sc||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) B.Sc or equivalent course in the stream/discipline for which SAAT 2020 is being given, from a recognized University, with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC categories)|
|M.Sc. in Nursing||Candidate must have cleared B.Sc. Nursing (Basic/Post Basic) degree, securing a minimum of 55% aggregate marks, from an Indian Nursing Council-recognized institution, along with a minimum of one year experience in teaching or clinical area subsequent to registration in respective State Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife.|
|LLM||Candidate must have cleared (or appearing) LLB or studied integrated law courses or equivalent thereof, from a recognized University, with atleast 50% aggregate marks|
SAAT 2020 Application Form
Application form for SAAT 2020 will be available at the official website of SAAT. Following are the steps for successful completion of online application submission:
- Go to the official University website - soauniversity.ac.in
- Under the ‘Admission’ tab, click on ‘SAAT 2020 Application Form’
- Candidate will then have to fill all the required details, like candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, category, gender, correspondence address, mobile no, email ID, all academic details, selection of course and examination centre
- Candidate must carefully review the filled application form and then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- No application fee needs to be paid.
- Candidate then needs to upload his/her photograph and signature.
- Completed form must then be submitted and downloaded.
- Print out of application form must be taken for future references
- In case a candidate wants to apply for more than one program, the different application form will have to be filled
- Candidate will receive acknowledgement for receipt of application form on his/her email ID and mobile number
SAAT 2020 Admit Card
SAAT 2020 Admit card will be directly sent to the candidate on his/her registered email ID, around a month before the examination date. Candidates will be required to carry the print out of admit card to the examination centre, along with a valid identity proof for the purpose of verification.
- Admit Card must be kept into possession until the completion of admission procedure.
- Conducting authority will issue admit card/hall ticket to only those candidates who meet eligibility criteria and have submitted the application form before the last date of submission
- Hall ticket will entail the following information:
- Name of candidate
- Photograph and signature of candidate
- Address of candidate
- Address of examination centre
- Time of examination
- List of valid identity proofs
- Candidates must carefully go through admit card and any discrepancies must be immediately reported to the Director, Admissions
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without in possession of hall ticket
SAAT 2020 Exam Center
SAAT 2020 will most likely be held at 62 examination centres, across 40 cities.
- Candidates will be given the option of selecting their preferred examination centre while filling up the form.
- However, the final allotment of the centre is completely in the hands of conducting body.
- Candidates will not be allowed to change the venue of examination centre.
- SOA holds the authority to increase or decrease the number of examination centres.
SAAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates will get a maximum of 2 hours (120 minutes) to complete SAAT 2020. It will comprise 120 questions, all of which will be objective type
- All 120 questions will be MCQs
- Number of sections in test paper will depend on the course selected by candidate.
- Number of sections will vary with every program
- Therefore, the number of questions in each section will also vary with course selected
- Questions will be asked only in English language
- SAAT 2020 will only be conducted in online mode
- Candidate will have to click on one of the four answers given for each question
- Candidate will be given 4 marks for each correct answer, while 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- No negative marking will be done for questions not attempted by candidates
Exam Pattern Highlights Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Negative Marking||1 mark deducted for every incorrect answer|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Sections in Paper||Vary with Selected Program|
Check Detailed SAAT 2020 Exam Pattern
SAAT 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for SAAT 2020 varies with the program for which test is being given. Candidates can refer to the table given below to know the syllabus for each course.
B.Tech, B.Sc Agriculture, B.Pharm & B.Sc Nursing
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Biology – Botany and Zoology
Lateral Entry – B.Tech
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Computer Awareness
- Service Aptitude
- General English
- General Knowledge
- General Science
- Numerical Aptitude
MBA, MHA, MHM, MTTM and All M.SC Courses
- Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
- General Knowledge
- Computer Fundamentals
M.Tech In Electronics And Communication Engineering, M.Tech In Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electronics And Communication Engineering
M.Tech In Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Applied Mechanics And Design
- Fluid Mechanics And Thermal Sciences
- Manufacturing And Industrial Engg.
M.Tech In Electronics and Electrical Engineering, M.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering
M.Tech. In Computer Science & Engineering, M.Tech In Information Technology, M.Tech in Computer Science & Data Processing
- Engineering Mathematics
- Formal Languages And Automata
- Computer Hardware
- Software Systems
M.Tech In Civil Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
M.Tech In Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Molecular Biology
- Plant And Animal Biotechnology
- Biostatistics And Bioinformatics
SAAT 2020 Result
SAAT 2020 Result will be announced in the first week of May by the exam conducting body. The result will be declared in the form of a scorecard. SOA will only publish the result online on its official website – soauniversity.ac.in. Candidates can view and download their result through the following steps:
- Visit the official website of SOA - http://www.soauniversity.ac.in/
- Under the ‘Admission’ tab, click on ‘SAAT 2020 Result’
- Enter Application Number and Roll Number as filled in the application form
- Click ‘Submit’ tab
- The result will appear on the screen
- Candidates must download and take a print out of result for future references
Subsequent to the declaration of result, merit list will be prepared by SOA on the basis of marks secured by candidates. Each qualified candidate will obtain a rank card, which will be sent to him/her by email.
SAAT 2020 Counselling
Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of merit lists prepared, depending on the marks secured by him/her. Candidates will have to exercise a branch selection process through online mode
- Counselling process will take place at the campus of SOA
- Candidates will obtain counseling letters and rank cards through email
- Applicants will be called for counselling session from May 12, 2020 (Engineering Only).
- Counselling process will involve the selection of courses and colleges by candidates in order of preferences
- On the basis of the above selections and merit list, candidates will be allotted seats
- Candidates must carry following original documents for verification during counselling session:
- Class 10 and class 12 Passing Certificates
- Class 10 and class 12 Mark sheets
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree Mark Sheet
- Leaving Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- SAAT 2020 Admit Card
- SAAT 2020 Rank Card
- Identity Proof
- 4 recent passport sizes colored photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College